Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? (13383 Views)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Majesty33(m): 11:14am On Jun 13, 2021
Something tells me that this is writrr, is a Jevovah's witness devotee. Their teaching looks so bias and they somehow misquote the bible and exclude themselves from things affecting the nation. This singular act annoys me about their teaching and believe. [quote][/quote

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by TundRash(m): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Ezekiel2122:
I can see you are only trying to protect Buhari government by calling it "sincere" government. A government that protect killer herdmen and kill protesters is indeed innocent government. And, by God's grace, before this year runs out, your family will be victim of fulani herdmen and you will be arrested and jail for trying to fight fulani herdmen back then you will say it whether its good and sincere goverment or bad one.

Don't mind the Op. He might be one of the several paid and unpaid proBuhari zombies hiding under the banner of religion to discourage people from speaking up against injustice and misgovernance.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Emmasnoop(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
Mumu subject

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Majesty33(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Oh ok now I see what you mean. So does Jesus calling Herod a fox has anything to do with Jesus protesting? Do you know what the Bible means when it uses animals to represent messages? I think I wrote a post like that on here but I’ll send you another link where I wrote the same post in case you missed it on here.
https://www.davidaobooks.com/what-do-biblical-messages-represented-with-animals-mean/

That said, when Jesus called the Pharisees serpents, did that mean he was insulting them? When he says he’s given us power over serpents and scorpions, was he talking about Pharisees since he already called them serpents?

It’s important to understand Jesus’s message before we use them. Less we just use them out of our own accords.

I do not think Jesus will protest against government simply because he cautioned Peter not to protest his arrest. The apostles also preached obedience to authority of rules. We must put these thing into our life if we claim to believe in Jesus. Unless you say Jesus in the Bible is different from Jesus you know, or say the apostles have a different gospel from that which is preached today. I’ll accept your disposition when you make this clarification
I can bet my balls, u are Jehovah's witness and u guys have a way of twisting the bible inorder to back up your false teachings and also, u guys create division in the Christian faith.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by folks4luv(f): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
Would Jesus have protested? Nope, cause in his days, there was no rule of law or democracy. Now, there is a constitution and even a President submit to it. The constitution is supreme and this constitution gives room for protest. The problem with this write up is that the writer took things at face value. You can't call yourself a bible student till you study the text, the culture and even the background of the said text.
If Jesus is on earth in the 21st century, he will speak against oppression cause God hates the poor been oppressed and He made this known in the poor and the old testament. What Jesus won't do is break the law and protesting is not breaking the law as the law that is binding on the president gibes room for it.

DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and Life
www.davidaobooks.com
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

www.davidaobooks.com
Do you know there is a difference between revolution/ anarcism and speaking against the government ( I. E peaceful demonstration and showing your displeasure against the government )
Let's read from the Bible ---- during the Bible says . Jesus didn't just speak against the government But was singled out as the Messiah Who will liberate the jews from the Roman oppression. The difference is that like other messiahs of his time he never picked up arms to fight the government. yesterday was about Jesus type of talking againt the government and not tyranny.
We obeyed the law and made sure we followed what the government stated( our rights to demonstrate )
Read acts 5-- from 30

The God of our fathers raised Jesus, whom you killed by hanging him on a tree. 31 God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”

33 When they heard this, they were enraged and wanted to kill them. 34 But a Pharisee in the council named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in honor by all the people, stood up and gave orders to put the men outside for a little while. 35 And he said to them, “Men of Israel, take care what you are about to do with these men. 36 For before these days Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody, and a number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was killed, and all who followed him were dispersed and came to nothing. 37 After him Judas the Galilean rose up in the days of the census and drew away some of the people after him. He too perished, and all who followed him were scattered. 38 So in the present case I tell you, keep away from these men and let them alone, for if this plan or this undertaking is of man, it will fail;. .

You'll see Galileel the Pharisee likened Jesus to other activists in his time. If he never did anything to show his disapproval of the government . He'll not be likened to the others.
He was different from them because he engaged in a peaceful protest and never took up arms or encouraged his disciples to be violent in showing their displeasure. Do you know gatherings were even unlawful then. But we'd gather people and talk about everything ranging from the government , love, death., kingdom of God , Pharisees , Roman's . Everything. Yesterday was something like that too. Not an agenda to overthrow the government Or disobey constituted authority.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Series2020: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
Hello,I wouldn't av joined this debate epistle by the xtian on nairaland but i av to due sentences I saw about truth concede by the Muslim.in all ramification on a serious and well practice Muslim,it is forbidden to wage protest,revolt or demonstrate against an injustice leader either been a Muslim or xtian except with one condition,also inciting the public for participations on protest is also against teaching of Islam for those who are well known
The prophet say if any of you seen any bad act from an oppressor or injustice leader,he / she should privately called his attention,is he heard that's good of him and he don't the person already done his own part or responsibility.don't be deceived by peaceful protest,it's only written on paper but cannot be practice practically,there is no leader in the world that is perfect,he /she has many lapses and flaw,if given the opportunity to lead this country,you done worst than the current leader,either pastor or imam,.e.g Floyd George protest and capitol in US is an example peaceful protest,which was later became riot and property destroy,there is nothing like peaceful protest in reality.ENDs SARs is another example in our country which was hijacked by the arsonist and hoodlums,we haven't recover from that till now.every prices goods and services has sky rocketing day by day,let pray for a well betterment of our dear country and pray GOD should guide our leaders right.
This simple question is for those who want the president to leave office
1)supposedly is ur father/uncle was in office in these situation,will you be happy with is remover as a leader
2)will you allow a country/leadership to be separate or disintegrate during ur tenure as a leadership.for those agitating for break up
3)do you think seperatist come peacefully without shady many bloods
4)do you think has a leader,you can satisfy every citizen of ur country,even if given every citizen #1m every month,they will still criticize you.e.g Libya,pls av it mind that you can never satisfy every body.

Quote;I never support the act of injustice and hypocrite by our leader,but let us change and been a good servant to God,he will select a good leader among us,our leaders and representative are all Nigeria and known in our state,but they ignore our dividend of benefit as a citizen .let pray for Nigeria.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by paulshedrach31(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

I do not have a record of that in the Bible, can you show me what made you draw that conclusion?

Also, do you think Jesus and apostle Paul or Peter preached different gospels? Bc I can actually point you to a few places where they both admonished us to obey every rule of whatever we find ourselves and died as a result of oppression. If you think their gospel is different to Jesus’s then I understand but if you think it’s the same gospel then I might say No to you assertion.

Who are those referred to as brood of vipers, who is he Jesus referred to as wolf? Are they not leaders?

As much as we are admonished to pray for those in authority, we were never encouraged to bear nor endure injustice and bad leadership.

God himself is a God of justice. I will urge you not to mislead others further.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by TundRash(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2021
Series2020:
Hello,I wouldn't av joined this debate epistle by the xtian on nairaland but i av to due sentences I saw about truth concede by the Muslim.in all ramification on a serious and well practice Muslim,it is forbidden to wage protest,revolt or demonstrate against an injustice leader either been a Muslim or xtian except with one condition,also inciting the public for participations on protest is also against teaching of Islam for those who are well known
The prophet say if any of you seen any bad act from an oppressor or injustice leader,he / she should privately called his attention,is he heard that's good of him and he don't the person already done his own part or responsibility.don't be deceived by peaceful protest,it's only written on paper but cannot be practice practically,there is no leader in the world that is perfect,he /she has many lapses and flaw,if given the opportunity to lead this country,you done worst than the current leader,either pastor or imam,.e.g Floyd George protest and capitol in US is an example peaceful protest,which was later became riot and property destroy,there is nothing like peaceful protest in reality.ENDs SARs is another example in our country which was hijacked by the arsonist and hoodlums,we haven't recover from that till now.every prices goods and services has sky rocketing day by day,let pray for a well betterment of our dear country and pray GOD should guide our leaders right.
1)supposedly is ur father/uncle was in office in these situation,will you be happy with is remover as a leader
2)will you allow a country/leadership to be separate or disintegrate during ur tenure as a leadership.for those agitating for break up
4)do you think has a leader,you can satisfy every citizen of ur country,even if given every citizen #1m every month,they will still criticize you.e.g Libya,pls av it mind that you can never satisfy every body.

Quote;I never support the act of injustice and hypocrite by our leader,but let us change and been a good servant to God,he will select a good leader among us,our leaders and representative are all Nigeria and known in our state,but they ignore our dividend of benefit as a citizen .let pray for Nigeria.
Thanks

Claps for you.
But I hope you didn't praise Buhari when he lead the protest before he came to power. That would be hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 11:26am On Jun 13, 2021
folks4luv:
Would Jesus have protested? Nope, cause in his days, there was no rule of law or democracy. Now, there is a constitution and even a President submit to it. The constitution is supreme and this constitution gives room for protest. The problem with this write up is that the writer took things at face value. You can't call yourself a bible student till you study the text, the culture and even the background of the said text.
If Jesus is on earth in the 21st century, he will speak against oppression cause God hates the poor been oppressed and He made this known in the poor and the old testament. What Jesus won't do is break the law and protesting is not breaking the law as the law that is binding on the president gibes room for it.

Do you know a Pharisee in the council named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in honor by all the people put Jesus in the same group with other activists in Jesus time ? If he was just praying and thinking about heaven he wouldn't be named among people trying to reform people from the shackles of the Roman's.
Your church is a load of false teaching crap . If you want to know the Bible. Forget those paper dey give Una. Read the Bible cover to cover. You'll understand. Or- before you just read a verse. Read the whole chapter of that verse. Understand the whole scenario and not just quote one sentence to backup your falsehood

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Majesty33(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2021
When Jesus chased those buying and selling in the house of God, was that not a violent protest. Mr David, what do we call that singular act?. I think u witnesses think with your nose.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by mmsen: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2021
Religion teaches spinelessness.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by 080bjaked(m): 11:29am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.

Do you remember what Jesus did in the temple when he met people selling and buying? Isn't that a protest against unlawful use of God's temple?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by tonididdy(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Oh ok now I see what you mean. So does Jesus calling Herod a fox has anything to do with Jesus protesting? Do you know what the Bible means when it uses animals to represent messages? I think I wrote a post like that on here but I’ll send you another link where I wrote the same post in case you missed it on here.
https://www.davidaobooks.com/what-do-biblical-messages-represented-with-animals-mean/

That said, when Jesus called the Pharisees serpents, did that mean he was insulting them? When he says he’s given us power over serpents and scorpions, was he talking about Pharisees since he already called them serpents?

It’s important to understand Jesus’s message before we use them. Less we just use them out of our own accords.

I do not think Jesus will protest against government simply because he cautioned Peter not to protest his arrest. The apostles also preached obedience to authority of rules. We must put these thing into our life if we claim to believe in Jesus. Unless you say Jesus in the Bible is different from Jesus you know, or say the apostles have a different gospel from that which is preached today. I’ll accept your disposition when you make this clarification
Oga shut up.
Firstly you are not a Christian otherwise you suppose know the verse you asked for.
You got the verse, now na another epistle you dey write.
Government had nothing to do with Christianity esp in this Nigeria
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2021
senchibi:

Forget your useless grama ---- lets ask ourselves what is peaceful demonstration ? It's to openly criticize and make your voice heard by the leaders who lead but not with example. They say something else and do something else. I.e. They make laws that they don't follow. The Bible is littered with prophets and even Jesus publicly speaking against the government and leaders. I.e .
Matthew 23 :1 -Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:

2 The Pharisees and the teachers of the Law are experts in the Law of Moses. 3 So obey everything they teach you, but don’t do as they do. After all, they say one thing and do something else..
16 You are in for trouble! You are supposed to lead others, but you are blind. You teach that it doesn’t matter if a person swears by the temple. But you say that it does matter if someone swears by the gold in the temple. 17 (((You blind fools! )))Which is greater, the gold or the temple that makes the gold sacred? .
---------If Jesus was in our time. He'll be out there with DJ switch. Holding a loud microphone and telling the crowd that he is disappointed by this government.
You claim to be a Bible teacher but you are half baked. Note : the Pharisees weren't just religious leaders ( like popes ) they were the political leaders too in ancient Israel. They make the laws and are custodian of the law.
I'll reply more. Just wait and learn.

Hello, thank you for taking your time to write an heart felt reply. Yet, I must checkmate some of the things you’ve mentioned not bc I play down your opinion but bc I do want to share that which I have with you to help you stand firmer in the word.

I think it’s not well thought for you to compare Jesus to DJ switch. You didn’t give that part much of a thought, so I need you to refocus on that part. You cannot possibly compare a man who acted based on the knowledge and consciousness of the world and time to a lady who only acted on anger. The energy behind each person is different and so will the direction of action be different.

Jesus faced oppression and was silent in the face of opposition and was bold till the end, not fearing life bc he understood that energy could never be destroyed by anyone. You compare him to a lady who run off bc there was threat on her life? No, that’s not well thought ok?

I suppose you can give it more thought and arrive at a better opine. I know you appreciate what the lady as down and you’re impressed by her perceived heroics, that should cloud your judgment pls.

Also, it’s important that you know that the Pharisee never made any law. They enforced the law given to Moses by unknown angels according to acts 7:53. They enforce it and twist it for their favor. Jesus was attacking a higher power than the pharisee.

Lastly, do not judge yourself by your own standards, judge yourself according to Christ standards and that created by the disciples
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Bnladan(m): 11:35am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.
Do u have to call a religion? Do u even know what islam says about protests? U can make ur point without calling out any religion. U could as well write something like "non-christians". This shows how much an amateur u are in preaching.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 11:37am On Jun 13, 2021
Majesty33:
Something tells me that this is writrr, is a Jevovah's witness devotee. Their teaching looks so bias and they somehow misquote the bible and exclude themselves from things affecting the nation. This singular act annoys me about their teaching and believe.

I’m not excluding myself. The nation affects us all. I just understand that this world is already destroyed from the beginning. I understand that my existence in this reality is only ephemeral so why should I fight for anything? Brother, if truly you deserve anything, you’ll never fight for it. Those who fight for things are undeserving of such things.

Learn from your father in heaven, he deserves your worship but he doesn’t fight for it, he wants you to realize it and give that worship to him. I love Nigerians and I’ll like to see things get better for us all, yet I understand the harvest environment create the best species. We are a people being created.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by CodeTemplar: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
Government is formed by people and accountable to the people but empowered conditionally above the people. If the govt derails, its former or founders or owners - the people, can call it to order via a protest. I speak as a man.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by nathycasper: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Please click this link, it gives a perfect answer to the questions raised.https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=102013244
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by seyz91(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2021
What kind of nonsense question be this abeg undecided
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Hello, thank you for taking your time to write an heart felt reply. Yet, I must checkmate some of the things you’ve mentioned not bc I play down your opinion but bc I do want to share that which I have with you to help you stand firmer in the word.

Also, it’s important that you know that the Pharisee never made any law. They enforced the law given to Moses by unknown angels according to acts 7:53. They enforce it and twist it for their favor. Jesus was attacking a higher power than the pharisee.

Lol. So funny how you guys quote the Bible and talk another thing ----- you quote the Bible that indicates the Pharisees are here to enforce Moses laws. Then try to discredit the fact that Jesus wasn't criticizing them publicly. Lol. If Jesus could discredit and criticize the people who enforce the law of GOD, then what's the government that we shouldn't turn out in mass and discredit ? Forget how I talk, just read the Bible I quote and my explanations. You are already deep in falsehood and nothing can save you . I quote the Bible where our Savior Jesus Christ is taking about the Pharisees and you say its about a higher power. How ?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Rhazie: 11:45am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Romans 13:1-2 says: "Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."
The law is the authority not the government we need to understand this. The law provided right to protest peacefully. When people do wrong we should let them know through all we gat, Matthew 12:21 And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
The law is written just like the temple and to let our mind speak out when thing are not right like Jesus did. We really need to reflect true Christ.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Government is formed by people and accountable to the people but empowered conditionally above the people. If the govt derails, its dormers or founders or owners - the people, can call it to order via a protest. I speak as a man.

I appreciate your last quote brother, you’re a wise man. Yes you speak as a man, but we should endeavor not to speak as a man but speak as Jesus would.

The government being to the people and the people being the ones with powers. That’s democracy right? That’s an unrealistic system of government. Look around you, do the people truly have powers? The people have never had powers. Even in USA where the system of government is predominant, the people do not have any power.

The power is dangled in front of people like mirage but never do they have it.

Lastly, if we understand that this place is not the actual place, why then do we fight for this place? Do you not understand that the fate of this world is already known? Why don’t you just live your life in peace, grow in the knowledge of the truth and wait for the day you’re called to rest?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by imagrg(m): 11:46am On Jun 13, 2021
No. Because the Bible says we must respect t all constituted authorities.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Sarhm: 11:46am On Jun 13, 2021
Enough of religion bigots
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by LLMG: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2021
the right to protest is guaranteed by the constitution, there is nothing wrong in protesting if the constitution binding on everyone including the govt has guaranteed you that.
DavidAO:

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 13, 2021
It's because of men like Martin Luther King Jnr., a pastor, that a black man like you has a voice in the world today. He fought against racism till he was assassinated by the government.

At a point, even Paul the Apostle you quoted, protested against the Roman government flogging him and they apologised because they didn't know he had Roman citizenship. Peter and John told the rulers of their day that they would not obey their order to quit preaching. Even Jesus Christ knocked down the tables of traders in the temple and drove them out, an attitude many of you so called people pleasing Christians today would call "unChrist-like".

Dude, take down this post that ricks of sheer ignorance of the Word and go back to your closet to study to show yourself approved. Did you know that a state in Nigeria approved child marriage? So would you, in a bid to "obey the government" give your 5 year-old out in marriage to a 60 year-old? I hope in a bid to obey the government, you would take the mark of the beast as well because believe me, a time will come when these 'dun-di', ass-licking Christianity you and your gang practise won't work anymore.

Incase you don't know, you are the government. The goal of Christians is not just to 'make heaven' but to bring heaven down to earth for all to see and glorify God. Make a change where God plants you. Speak out where and when you need to! And if you die, you die in Christ! Even Christ spoke out! He was only obedient to Death because of the sacrifice he was to give up for us.

Nevertheless, live and let live, not everyone will be laid back like you. That's the beauty of God's design, everyone is different!
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 11:51am On Jun 13, 2021
TundRash:

Claps for you.
But I hope you didn't praise Buhari when he lead the protest before he came to power. That would be hypocritical.

I never knew Christ by that time and the same thing applies to him too. Protest is a satanic manifestation. It isn’t according to the knowledge of the truth. A person with knowledge do thing with peace but an ignorant person will act with agitations and violence.

Government everywhere is the same, the world itself is just one reality so incessant protests are never going to affect much so why do it?

I also took a cue from Jesus and the disciples and they obeyed even unto death, can people of today do that?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Johnrake69: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2021
[s]
DavidAO:

[/s]
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Kheeng1: 11:54am On Jun 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHRmqVbO-lQ

Hot!!!!
June 12 protest
Ijebu ode riot
Lagos shootings

Watch now and subscribe
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Religious people get problems.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
Series2020:

Thanks

That which is substantial is seen in you. Congratulations brother. Live well and enjoy what life truly means. Celebrate the worst days even as you celebrate the good ones to the glory of God in Christ. Continue to go through it all phases of life, knowing that you’re being built for patience. I’m happy for you.

Also, I’ll ask you to visit my website and try to get my latest book if you can. I think you’ll find it more than interesting. It’s titled science of God and life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.