Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? (13364 Views)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by ebuclassic18(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
to a honest government no but to a bad government like buhari most definitely

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by craves(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Do u know how many times the Israelites protested against the leadership of moses... , even the helenist protested over the sharing of food as well during the time of the apostles

No be today protest start, you can't be more Christian than Christianity

We build website and do stunning graphics

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by 10kgod(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
fredoooooo:
E gbadun , Religion madness .. wetin be this one again cheesy grin grin

I tired ooo... All these religion bigots
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by adewasco19(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2021
Israel is there fighting for themselves while Nigerians are waiting on the God of Israel to fight for them. Abeg make any zombie no come tell me say e dey against Bible else na ogun go kill you
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by yusluvad(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
duro4chang:
Do you know that Jesus Christ criticized both the religious and political leaders who were oppressing people during his life time? He even called Herod a wolf.Jesus will never support injustice.
God bless you...

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Jgr8ola: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and Life
www.davidaobooks.com

Jesus went into d temple casting out those that were buying and selling....

He protested against the wrong order of d day...

He even supported it with a quotation from Isaiah ‘my house shall be called a place of prayer’
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by yusluvad(m): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
duro4chang:
Let me correct the mistake I made,I wanted to write fox but I wrote wolf. Please check Luke13:31-32. Apart from that God will not be happy with anybody who sees evil and cannot condemn it.
At the bolded, there are so many of them in Nigeria that sees evil and didn't make any move to condemn it, they just move with the political elites and never being honest...
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.

U must ask urself this question
Should a Christian soldier kill during war?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

I do not have a record of that in the Bible, can you show me what made you draw that conclusion?

Also, do you think Jesus and apostle Paul or Peter preached different gospels? Bc I can actually point you to a few places where they both admonished us to obey every rule of whatever we find ourselves and died as a result of oppression. If you think their gospel is different to Jesus’s then I understand but if you think it’s the same gospel then I might say No to you assertion.

Have u forgotten that the early Christians preached against the order of the land?
Have u forgotten that when they were arrested Peter said either to listened to the leader or God they will choose?
Do u know how many times they were arrested nd beaten bcuz they preached the gospel?
What u don't know, please don't argue about it.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
My guy, even Jesus came to protest against the government
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by witworth(m): 1:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
If you see the same so called law enforcers breaking the laws themselves and justice is not been served, then anybody in any religion can join protest.
Jesus protested when he saw the temple of his father being used as a market place which the king of government of the city was aware of such act taking place in that temple, a violent protest precisely.
So yes he/she can join or lead protest.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Tobechuckwu(m): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself judge over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the everyday man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God fight for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil to you. Instead it says turn the other cheek when you’re slapped, OT that you should bless them that curse you. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?

I think u should go nd read d book of Acts 4 nd 5 very well to see how far they went against the leaders of the people preaching the gospel.
They were arrested several times , beaten nd threatened not to preach d gospel, but they still went ahead to preach d gospel.

About sin nd evil... What is sin ? What is evil?
If sin is not evil then I don't know the Christianity u received.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Imgbiligba: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
Arrant nonsense..i can give you an endless lists of Christian protests and the attendant changes it brought about.. It's both moral and sacred duty of Christians to call out evil policies of government ie Racism and other wicked practices .
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Hotspotbro(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
Religion in naija has turned some into robots that they can't even reason.i still argue with my mom when it comes to some matters and she starts talking religion.i told her if i married and my wife wants a divorce,i'd give her.she said its a sin and a married woman must not leave her husband's house.i asked her some other things and she fell silent.

OP are u a deeper life member?
because that's where this whole thing comes in.the way they say"our world is not here,heaven is our place"
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Kay25(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

www.davidaobooks.com
have u read tour bible where jesus called herod fox?
do you know that the apostles disobey the authority after being beaten when they were told not to preach in synagogue?

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Chumaskyx(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Even Jusus christ protested violently at the temple when he drove "hustlers and money doublers" from the synagogue.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by RxCatalyst: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Can't u do without spewing trash?....don't be a mischief maker and get a good life.

When it comes to the truth, Muslims know and follow it. So stop suffering from the darkness of ignorance and stop being a religion bigot
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Daughterboard(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

The OP is spiritually accurate although it's painful for me to agree with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by makydebbie(f): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
What is all this mental gymnastics nau on top protest.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Mayor101010(m): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Jesus Christ protested against the Pharisees and saducees. He was a Human Right activist. You don't even know Christ at all. Don't believe everything the white man wrote inside the Bible.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Thomist(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Another evidence of our stupidity in Nigeria. Always hiding under religion to hide our weakness. If u can't protest because of ur laziness tell us, not to be sounding religious. Even the white men that brought this religion engage in protest. Protest is not evil. It's way of showing grievance in a democratic setting.

Be wise and stop using the Bible to talk trash otherwise u face the anger of God
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by jclassiq(m): 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
duro4chang:
Do you know that Jesus Christ criticized both the religious and political leaders who were oppressing people during his life time? He even called Herod a wolf.Jesus will never support injustice.

A FOX*
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by McBishop2020: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

Nonsense question and analysis.
Compare your situation and that of the Israelites you call on their God's and Son's protection and services. If you're sensible enough, you will definitely know why their God is the most potent. Jesus is not a definition of weaknesses and stupidity that you showcase in your blind opiumic write up.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by naturefellow(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
This stance erroneous. Same Bible, in Proverbs, charges us to call out injustice and evil in the society.

Protests are about citizens and civil rights (secular), and it is very important not be religious or spiritual about it.

Have you read about the protest that led to the eventual crucifixion of Jesus?
Do you know the implication?
Do you understand that the will of the people comes first? Power belongs to the people.

You must reconsider!

Luke 23:18-24

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by patosky22(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2021
Being a Christian or not , we are suffering from injustice and nepotism... Christian are b persecuted and u are here saying protest is for non Christian
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by amnesty7: 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com
Ask your questions and leave Muslims alone.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by jclassiq(m): 1:43pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

I do not have a record of that in the Bible, can you show me what made you draw that conclusion?

Also, do you think Jesus and apostle Paul or Peter preached different gospels? Bc I can actually point you to a few places where they both admonished us to obey every rule of whatever we find ourselves and died as a result of oppression. If you think their gospel is different to Jesus’s then I understand but if you think it’s the same gospel then I might say No to you assertion.

Oga the oppression you keep referring to is oppression because of the gospel of Christ. The type of oppression we are suffering here is a different type of oppression and apostle did not teach us to be cowards -- to be docile when your rightful possession is being denied you due to wickedness.

It says, since the days of John the baptist the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force.

Even Jesus himself was not a coward.

The fact that one speaks truth to authority doesn't mean the same thing as disobedience. Otherwise how else is the authority going to realize that they are not on the right track if everyone keeps queit and suffers in silence?

Nawao
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
savwell:

Shedrack Mishack and Abadinego protested against King Nebuchadnezzar in the bible in case you have lost count so don't come here and deceive people with your myopic mind set

Are you a follower of these people or that of Jesus?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
patosky22:
Being a Christian or not , we are suffering from injustice and nepotism... Christian are b persecuted and u are here saying protest is for non Christian

Where in the post did I mention that protest is non Christian? I only said protest is not a character of the believer.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Akharmony: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Haa! The kingdom of God itself suffers violence and a a force approach it needed to sustain it on earth.. Believers are suppose to b a model for peace, unity and fighters in case there is treath to our peaceful coexistence but it awful that the so called blver are even more corrupt that an Athiest.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you, dear Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by DavidAO(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
jclassiq:

Oga the oppression you keep referring to is oppression because of the gospel of Christ. The type of oppression we are suffering here is a different type of oppression and apostle did not teach us to be cowards -- to be docile when your rightful possession is being denied you due to wickedness.

It says, since the days of John the baptist the kingdom of heaven suffers violence and the violent take it by force.

Even Jesus himself was not a coward.

The fact that one speaks truth to authority doesn't mean the same thing as disobedience. Otherwise how else is the authority going to realize that they are not on the right track if everyone keeps queit and suffers in silence?

Nawao

“The violent takes it by force”

Are you a violent person? Is your gospel that of violence or peace?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / I've Been A Deep Believer My Whole Life. / Do Christians Need To Confess Their Sins? See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.