Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? (13385 Views)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by debetmx(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
OGUN KILL THE OP
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by TundRash(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

I never knew Christ by that time and the same thing applies to him too. Protest is a satanic manifestation. It isn’t according to the knowledge of the truth. A person with knowledge do thing with peace but an ignorant person will act with agitations and violence.

Government everywhere is the same, the world itself is just one reality so incessant protests are never going to affect much so why do it?

I also took a cue from Jesus and the disciples and they obeyed even unto death, can people of today do that?

Off my mention please. You intolerant religious bigot.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Chiiamaka: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2021
Getat abeg
Did Jesus Christ say we should not fight for our rights ? We should fold our arms & die in penury? Na so una go dey use bible dey glorify suffering.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by LLMG: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
stop misleading others. Christian persecution and protest are two different things
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the every day man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God right for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
YES!!!!@
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by wafun: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
I don't like this kind of people twisting the bible to suit their mentallity, that was how one GO said television usage was a sin and now he broadcast on that same television... Pls don't tag christain with your foolishness... do you think it is easy serving God in poverty, it is your type that will say christians should not join politics

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by starz100: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Are you just waking up. Something Jehovah's witnesses has been doing since. They never participate in protest or support any man's government( favorable or unfavorable) even at the cost of their life. They remain focus on God's kingdom as the only solution to mankinds problem, following Jesus Christ step closely. Hence remaining politically neutral. Look at the Nazi Germany, we never supported them even thousands of witnesses died because of that neither do we support the opposing sides. WE ARE NO PART OF THE WORLD John 17:14,16
You are not part of the world but some of you work for the government. Since you want to obey the policies of the government whether good or bad, favourable or not, don't worry, very soon, anyone from your religion will no longer be paid their salary, but is expected to continue working for the government, they should not marry, nor their children attend school, except Islamic schools, anyone that is from your religion that goes against this decree shall be put to death. All the place of their worship will be converted to government property and banned from congregating or building any worship centre. If you can agree to and sign all these edicts, without blinking, then I will believe you
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Grandmeister(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
The Op na Jehova witness member. Know this and know peace.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by ThatFairGuy: 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
Likewise Islam. The evil in it thousand times higher than its good.

You can correct Leader but PROTEST IS NO NO

Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Below picture was the outcome of senseless EndSARS protest

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Judgesledge(m): 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the every day man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God right for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?
So what would you have done in Hitler's Germany, obey because he's in authority, so who are the vessels heaven will use here on earth when you don't speak out against evil here on earth.Remember support your country all the time and your government when it deserves it

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
mmsen:
Religion teaches spinelessness.

I can't help but second this.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by hosemujica: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and Life
www.davidaobooks.com

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Fanuchi007: 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
Those of you who think change can come from just praying and speaking in tongues, go and read d history of the christian church. People fought for the survival of the church and gave up their lives. You come here and talk trash. If d people of d early church did not fight back oppression, u think d church would have survived? U at all cowards who are scared of death. U use prayer as an excuse to not speak against evil.
Evil prevail when good men keep quiet.
All diz people wai de form prayer warriors, some go just faint if them hear gun shots.
Some no even fit pass where guys de blow weed
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by TundRash(m): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Likewise Islam. The evil in it thousand times higher than its good.

You can correct Leader but PROTEST IS NO NO

Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Below picture was the outcome of senseless EndSARS protest

I hope you didn't praise Buhari when he lead a protest against the previous administration. If you did, then you and your likes are hypocrites. And Allah hates hypocrites, liars.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by jansonn(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
You're a mumu, what Jesus did in his days was not a revolt abi. Stupid religious fools, if Nigeria doesn't work , you'd tell me where you'd practise Christianity
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

I’m not excluding myself. The nation affects us all. I just understand that this world is already destroyed from the beginning. I understand that my existence in this reality is only ephemeral so why should I fight for anything? Brother, if truly you deserve anything, you’ll never fight for it. Those who fight for things are undeserving of such things.

Learn from your father in heaven, he deserves your worship but he doesn’t fight for it, he wants you to realize it and give that worship to him. I love Nigerians and I’ll like to see things get better for us all, yet I understand the harvest environment create the best species. We are a people being created.

Why would you fight for anything you write?

Why did you get educated?

Why eat when hungry?

Why treat yourself when ill?

Why strive for a better today and tomorrow by working and living in a good accommodation?

Why protect yourself from diseases ?

Why look carefully before you cross the road if this life is ephemeral?

So if God forbid you get caught by ritual killers, you won't try to escape? You will just submit your neck for slaughtering afterall life is ephemeral.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by doublecross(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
A very useless question! This is why i hate religion! It is the biggest problem a nation can have! I am waiting for that bold leader that will abolish religion and just make the people obey the laws of the land. Islam, Christianity, and every other religious practices should be abolished! How can this slowpoke ask if one should partake in a protest when there is so much killing and injustice in the land? Stupid!
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by hardbody: 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

www.davidaobooks.com

Jesus was apolitical. He was even recorded to have fled when he got wind that they were about making him a king by force. In real terms, if Jesus was here today in the political arena, will he have been part of a political party, the answer is No. He said, I am not part of this world. He said if he was part of this world, his followers would have fought for him. Even when Peter slashed the ears of Marchus, Jesus reprimanded him. Historically, Christians were first given that name in Antioch (meaning followers of Christ)...so if we are true christians and follow the footsteps of Jesus as he modelled for us, would we get into politics when he was clearly averse to it? The firm answer is NO.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Omobalo67: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
TundRash:

In as much as we are required to live our everyday life in accordance with the teachings of Islam, please take note that Islam, (not political Islam) warns against hypocrisy.

Most of our Muslim brothers are only practicing political Islam. It is hypocritical for any learned Muslim who supported and cheered on Buhari when he lead a protest against the previous administration to now crawl out from somewhere and preach against protest.
Islam encourages truthfulness, uprightness not hypocrisy.

You can as well read my submissions clearly, I don't in anyway reference Buhari's action as that of the correct understanding of the position of the Islamic jurisprudence. Buhari and some few doesn't determine the correct positions of the Muslims on any Islamic positions.

Islam isn't practice through whims and caprice.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by doublecross(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
duro4chang:
Do you know that Jesus Christ criticized both the religious and political leaders who were oppressing people during his life time? He even called Herod a wolf.Jesus will never support injustice.
the person who asked this question in the first place is a M0ron!
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by phemmyfour: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Protesting is Christ like and must be done peacefully
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by doublecross(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Oh ok now I see what you mean. So does Jesus calling Herod a fox has anything to do with Jesus protesting? Do you know what the Bible means when it uses animals to represent messages? I think I wrote a post like that on here but I’ll send you another link where I wrote the same post in case you missed it on here.
https://www.davidaobooks.com/what-do-biblical-messages-represented-with-animals-mean/

That said, when Jesus called the Pharisees serpents, did that mean he was insulting them? When he says he’s given us power over serpents and scorpions, was he talking about Pharisees since he already called them serpents?

It’s important to understand Jesus’s message before we use them. Less we just use them out of our own accords.

I do not think Jesus will protest against government simply because he cautioned Peter not to protest his arrest. The apostles also preached obedience to authority of rules. We must put these thing into our life if we claim to believe in Jesus. Unless you say Jesus in the Bible is different from Jesus you know, or say the apostles have a different gospel from that which is preached today. I’ll accept your disposition when you make this clarification
you are a f0ol!
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Scordroncyber(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
Where Una de always comot topic from?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Successdude(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

@OP this your question be like when moses was calling on God at the red sea... What was God's response ? It seemed like a rebuf, asking him (moses) what is it he had in his hands ... In other words, God couldn't have been expecting moses to call on him. Some questions are way too f.oolish.

This your question is the dumbest I've seen this month.

And why must it be "protest" ?

Why do you people run away from sense ? You guys are almost dead in Nigeria and you're bringing up this sort of thread; to what end exactly ?

Have u considered the effect on those who may be new in the faith ?

It seems some of you want to be foolish till the end.

Why is it about "protest", what happens to every other aspect (since you guys want to be fo.olish)

How about : should a believer fart in public

Should a believer eat at midnight

Should a believer save money in the bank

Etc ..... Cos our savior didn't also do those....

You guys are almost dead in naija and you're still allowing yourself to be used as a tool to advance the same iniquity by sowing discord and trying to discourage people who have seen alot in life as a result of this devilish thing we have as govt.

I would end here cos it should convey enough word for you.

But I still ask : how about " should a believer fart in public "

Answer
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by GeorgeTheCoder: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Only a fool will make this sort of post
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Successdude(m): 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
Only a fool will make this sort of post
and doing it at this point in time.

What kinda f.ools do we even have in this countreee
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by 2rez: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
The question is what u mean by believer?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by OsusHunter: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
Some christains are just too stupid, myopic and deluded...
What the you call the resistance of Jesus against the Pharisees?
His resistance against the old testament's laws etc?

Is it until he carries placards and go on the streets to protest before you see him as a protester?
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by savwell: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Shedrack Mishack and Abadinego protested against King Nebuchadnezzar in the bible in case you have lost count so don't come here and deceive people with your myopic mind set
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Akinh: 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

hypocrisy everywhere..you guys claim to follow Jesus Chris till the end but fail to emulate him in his way...u people judge, even people in your church that needed your help badly u ignore and at the end you guys will end up asking questions related bro Christ...Alaye am sure u too no wetin u they do behind but soon your own rapture will come and this post will be available during your own judgement ..change now before it too late.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Plut01: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:
Protest is
a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a
person who claims to follow Christ.

Jesus (according to the scroll of the red sea and In Roman's era record) revolted against the government of Caesar. Jesus was a very active Comrade.

The Biblical Jesus was portrayed as a very meek personality so as to be able to control some people called Christians. Blame the Manipulative Council of Nicea for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.