Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? (13382 Views)

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Greenerie(f): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
[ TRUTH BE TOLD THIS YOUR POST AND THE AUTHOR IS VERY ANNOYING AND REEKS OF STUPIDITY.THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED COMMON SENSE!

NO DONT PROTEST ,STAY LET THE FULANI HERDERS AND JIHADIST ENTER UR COMMUNITY AND BEHEAD U ALL,LET SEE IF THE ANGELS WILL JUMP DOWN FROM HEAVEN TO FIGHT THE KILLERS.

NO, KEEP QUIET,LET THE WOMEN IN UR CHURCH BE RAPED ON THEIR WAY BACK FROM EVENING SERVICE AND THE MEN ROBBED.

THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS BEING BLINDFOLDED BY RELIGION. LET THERE BE VIOLENCE,WAR AND BLOODSHED AND LETS SEE HOW CHURCH SERVICES WILL HOLD. I REMEMBER A STORY I HEARD ABOUT A CHURCH THAT WAS AMBUSHED BY HERDSMEN AND ALL MEN KILLED AND WOMEN RAPED,LATER THE CHURCH WAS BURNT TO THE GROUND WITH THE BIBLES,DRUMS,BAND,AND ALL.

RELIGION IS TRULY THE OPIUM OF THE MASSES.AFRICA BEING BLINDFOLDED BY RELIGION, CALLING ON GOD TO FIX THEIR PROBLEMS.

NO, DON'T PARTICIPATE IN POLITICS,POLITICALLY RELATED ISSUES NOR PROTEST.STAY THERE LET EVIL MEN WIN ELECTIONS AND ENACT LAWS AGAINST CHRISTIANITY,FIGHTS AND KILL CHRISTIANS ,BAN PRAYER IN PUBLIC,AND UNLEASH JIHAD.ETC.

GOD IS INTERESTED IN POLITICS.GOD MAKETH KINGS AND RULERS.
IN D BIBLE THERES SCRIPTURE THAT TELLS US TO PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS, HE ASKS US PRAY FOR OUR KINGS AND RULERS,FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY SO THAT THERE WILL BE PEA CE IN THE LAND,SO U CAN GO ABOUT UR AFFAIRS PEACEFULLY. IF THERE IS INSECURITY AS SUCH NOW CAN U GO ABOUT UR ACTIVITIES FREELY?

JOSEPH WAS A POLITICIAN,ESTHER WAS A QUEEN INVOLVED IN ISREALI POLITICS FOR HER PEOPLE. DANIEL WORKED WITH SIX KINGS AS A POLITICIAN. IF THINGS ARE NOT GOING WELL IN UR COUNTRY U COME OUT AND VOICE UR DISPLEASURE.FACT.

A PROTEST IS NOT A SIN.ITS WICKED AND EVIL RULERS TURN IT TO BE BLOODY.DONT BE SO HEAVENLY MINDED,YOU ARE NO EARTHLY GOOD.

SOME THINGS IN LIFE, ARE AMORAL, THEY ARE NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD.e.g A CAR,MONEY, PROTEST..I didn't want to type cos no strength but I had to reply u.Hope uve learnt something.

Oh ok now I see what you mean. So does Jesus calling Herod a fox has anything to do with Jesus protesting? Do you know what the Bible means when it uses animals to represent messages? I think I wrote a post like that on here but I’ll send you another link where I wrote the same post in case you missed it on here.
https://www.davidaobooks.com/what-do-biblical-messages-represented-with-animals-mean/

That said, when Jesus called the Pharisees serpents, did that mean he was insulting them? When he says he’s given us power over serpents and scorpions, was he talking about Pharisees since he already called them serpents?

It’s important to understand Jesus’s message before we use them. Less we just use them out of our own accords.

I do not think Jesus will protest against government simply because he cautioned Peter not to protest his arrest. The apostles also preached obedience to authority of rules. We must put these thing into our life if we claim to believe in Jesus. Unless you say Jesus in the Bible is different from Jesus you know, or say the apostles have a different gospel from that which is preached today. I’ll accept your disposition when you make this clarification [/quote]
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Simeonjoe1: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
starz100:

You are not part of the world but some of you work for the government. Since you want to obey the policies of the government whether good or bad, favourable or not, don't worry, very soon, anyone from your religion will no longer be paid their salary, but is expected to continue working for the government, they should not marry, nor their children attend school, except Islamic schools, anyone that is from your religion that goes against this decree shall be put to death. All the place of their worship will be converted to government property and banned from congregating or building any worship centre. If you can agree to and sign all these edicts, without blinking, then I will believe you

smiley search about Jehovah's witnesses and our Christian neutrality during the past history.
All those you mentioned have been suffered by our brothers.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by dequeenishere: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
This is a pathetic mind set, in the first place you should not vote because if you vote, you have the right to demand for your right from the people you gave authority.
But come oo, how can a grown up be this stupid in thinking ? And to think he is even backing it up with scripture �. You see why we are were we are? Don't worry, it will happen to you one day and you will know dt it was Jesus who rebelled against traders in the temple.
With this kind of people, we can never achieve anything because nothing will ever be scriptural to them. Nonsense
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Olafisoyem: 6:18pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Like I said you have to make the clarification that the Jesus you’re serving isn’t the same Jesus in the Bible before I accept your disposition. You also have to clarify that the apostles have a different gospel from the one you preach or that’s being preached to you.

Until you do that, I’ll take it that you’re being disobedient to the word and also making yourself judge over situations of life. Where did you see any of the apostles protesting bad government or their killings in the Bible?

By the way nothing is happening to Christianity, it’s just your reality that’s making it look like it’s affecting it. Even so, what good has Christianity done to the everyday man that makes its abolishing bad for us? Virtually nothing, and it has impoverished more people by aggregating their wealth to a few.

Christian pastors and politicians are in bed together so I do not see anyway that Christianity will be abolished. The hormonal rush you have thinking that Christianity will someday be abolished is a false alarm created by the messages you’ve been receiving.

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God fight for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil to you. Instead it says turn the other cheek when you’re slapped, OT that you should bless them that curse you. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?

You’re very wrong sir.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by mmsen: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
CodeTemplar:

Government is formed by people and accountable to the people but empowered conditionally above the people. If the govt derails, its dormers or founders or owners - the people, can call it to order via a protest. I speak as a man.

The people have a duty to hold their elected to account. Should the people neglect to do so you end up with Nigeria...
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by seeme2(f): 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mumu man even wrote a book.

DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

Written by: David A.O., author of the science of God and Life
www.davidaobooks.com
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Successdude(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:

Re-read my post bro. It was directed to the op

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Babalola0920: 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

I'M SURE JESUS YOU CLAIM TO FOLLOW WOULDN'T USE SUCH WORD !

BUT NA HATRED WEY UNA GET FOR ISLAM WEY UNA DEY USE STYLE STYLE HIDE UNA GO SHOW AM, BUT I NO GO BLAME YOU AS YOU NO KNOW WETIN U DEY DO !
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
Successdude:

Re-read my post bro. It was directed to the op

Apologies

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by emmyN(m): 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
Stupid threads like this should not make front page angry
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Babinski: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Be like Christ brother. Obey till death and let God fight for you. Bible never said complain what someone does evil to you. Instead it says turn the other cheek when you’re slapped, OT that you should bless them that curse you. Bible said talk when someone commits sin. Two different things, you’ve only manipulated it again.

Lastly, I do not think I have to agree with you, I can only agree with the Holy Spirit which of course is not you is it?

There are some Pastors who hold views similar to yours on protest, most often backing their stance with Romans 13.

However, Bro or Pastor David, I beg to differ and do advise you desist from explicitly assigning your position on the matter of protests to the Holy Spirit.

1. Peaceful protests are rights guaranteed in the Nigerian Constitution, which is what our political leaders have sworn to uphold. Engaging in peaceful protests is not violation of any laws of the land.

2. Do you know how the term "Protestants" came about in Christianity? if Martin Luther had not protested with the "Ninety Five Theses" in 1517 that started the Protestant Reformation against the Roman Catholic Church practices such as sales of indulgence then, you and I may not have our Bibles in our hands today as we have them.

3. The Bible repeatedly tells us to be our brothers keepers, to defend the poor, the oppressed and the helpless.

Psalm 82:3 (NIV)
Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed

Proverbs 31:8-9 (NIV)
Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

How do you reconcile all these with your position? Do you defend the rights of the poor and needy in prayers only? Jesus condemned the authority in doing wrong during his days and even drove out money changers from the Temple. But he was mindful not to encourage breaking of laws which is typified by give unto Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar.

To state that Christians should not protest or join protest and assert that such is biblical is wrong and misleading. And citing only Galatians 5:20 as your basis is parochial.

The bible in Romans 12:9 says "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good." If you check the dictionary for the meaning of abhor and also extend the evaluation of evil to political and leadership actions, then you should see things differently.

I have several articles on the matter you can read to see things clearly:

https://evangelicalfocus.com/sin-definir/4569/should-christians-attend-a-demonstration-protest

https://peteenns.com/is-it-ok-for-christians-to-protest-against-their-political-leaders/

https://www.rappler.com/voices/thought-leaders/opinion-should-christians-protest

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/should-christians-protest-or-demonstrate/

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by olivegirl(f): 10:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
What other way will you understand christ. Jesus will Soro soke oo. Woe unto woe unto you he was shouting you taught is peace. Biko don't let them use them to keep quite. Evil is evil
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Afostev11(m): 10:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
DavidAO:

Because it does not reflect the person of Christ. To believe in Jesus means to accept the life of Jesus and live that way. Do you think Jesus might join or support protests against the government? Do you think Jesus might be bothered by who rules the nation?

Also, as clearly show in Galatians 5:20, protest and other things of such against a lawful authority is a work of the flesh. A person in Christ mustn’t be entangled with such. If your reality has changed, then your reaction to things must change.
Dont just read the bible, rather read to understand. why did Paul said, the church should choose among theirselves and vote? Participating in politics or expressing oneself is not a sin as a Christian, when there is lawlessness, war, crises and all sorts of unrest, there are way to will serve God well. To avoid such protesting or expressing your unhappiness towards bad governance isnt bad
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by folks4luv(f): 11:23pm On Jun 13, 2021
You clearly didn't get my point or you weren't just calm enough. Read my comment again, maybe you will get it. And by the way, there are things you dont say to people you don't know personally. 'what they are teaching you', 'go read the bible from cover to cover'. Sounds silly in an attempt to sound deep and learned. Make your point and move on
senchibi:

Do you know a Pharisee in the council named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in honor by all the people put Jesus in the same group with other activists in Jesus time ? If he was just praying and thinking about heaven he wouldn't be named among people trying to reform people from the shackles of the Roman's.
Your church is a load of false teaching crap . If you want to know the Bible. Forget those paper dey give Una. Read the Bible cover to cover. You'll understand. Or- before you just read a verse. Read the whole chapter of that verse. Understand the whole scenario and not just quote one sentence to backup your falsehood
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by folks4luv(f): 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2021
So, it is ok for people to be killed like chickens? For people to die brutal death and be subjected to untold agony by some few? If you thing God is cool with the poor and the week being oppressed, then i dare say you don't know God at all
DavidAO:

The protest against the government for your Hod or for yourself? I think if you need to protest for God then you should protest against pastors who twist the books for the own belly and weaponize religion for psychomental manipulation.

Obey the government and focus on Christ brother. This life is already gone, there’s no point protesting for it to be better. There’s no natural law that supports protest.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by wolement: 12:19am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:

Mind you, Jesus came to deliver us from oppression. If you can do it physically then reconsider your position as a Christian.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by wolement: 12:23am On Jun 14, 2021
If you can't stand against oppression. You are a coward not a Christian. If Jesus had that attitude he wouldn't have come to save us. From the first tyrant. He led the protest to hell himself to collect key to power from the devil. Who am I not to follow his foot steps.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 12:31am On Jun 14, 2021
Bnladan:
Do u have to call a religion? Do u even know what islam says about protests? U can make ur point without calling out any religion. U could as well write something like "non-christians". This shows how much an amateur u are in preaching.
Oga relax. I know you Muslims how Una dey behave. Just small talk or calling of Una name or mention of Una prophet. Knives and guns will start blazing. Why wouldn't we be free to call names and make reference to certain religions ? God is almighty and he will punish everyone who uses his name for granted. It's not the job of us humans to fight for God and defend the religion he bestowed upon us. They call Muslims your body dun already dey hot. It's a religion and it's open to criticism.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 12:37am On Jun 14, 2021
folks4luv:
You clearly didn't get my point or you weren't just calm enough. Read my comment again, maybe you will get it. And by the way, there are things you dont say to people you don't know personally. 'what they are teaching you', 'go read the bible from cover to cover'. Sounds silly in an attempt to sound deep and learned. Make your point and move on
If God called the Pharisees fools and Beelzebub and you said I sound silly. Then I can call you anything I want r tell you. Your religion makes use of elimination method . If it looks shaddy. Then knock it off our doctrine . Every church or religion has its doctrine. Don't swallow it hook sink and liner. Read and study the Bible. Not Una church magazines . My own church get them too. But I no carry am for head .
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 12:42am On Jun 14, 2021
Babinski:

There are some Pastors who hold views similar to yours on protest, most often backing their stance with Romans 13.

However, Bro or Pastor David, I beg to differ and do advise you desist from explicitly assigning your position on the matter of protests to the Holy Spirit.

1. Peaceful protests are rights guaranteed in the Nigerian Constitution, which is what our political leaders have sworn to uphold. Engaging in peaceful protests is not violation of any laws of the land.

2. Do you know how the term "Protestants" came about in Christianity? if Martin Luther had not protested with the "Ninety Five Theses" in 1517 that started the Protestant Reformation against the Roman Catholic Church practices such as sales of indulgence then, you and I may not have our Bibles in our hands today as we have them.

3. The Bible repeatedly tells us to be our brothers keepers, to defend the poor, the oppressed and the helpless.

Psalm 82:3 (NIV)
Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed

Proverbs 31:8-9 (NIV)
Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.

How do you reconcile all these with your position? Do you defend the rights of the poor and needy in prayers only? Jesus condemned the authority in doing wrong during his days and even drove out money changers from the Temple. But he was mindful not to encourage breaking of laws which is typified by give unto Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar.

To state that Christians should not protest or join protest and assert that such is biblical is wrong and misleading. And citing only Galatians 5:20 as your basis is parochial.

The bible in Romans 12:9 says "Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good." If you check the dictionary for the meaning of abhor and also extend the evaluation of evil to political and leadership actions, then you should see things differently.

I have several articles on the matter you can read to see things clearly:

https://evangelicalfocus.com/sin-definir/4569/should-christians-attend-a-demonstration-protest

https://peteenns.com/is-it-ok-for-christians-to-protest-against-their-political-leaders/

https://www.rappler.com/voices/thought-leaders/opinion-should-christians-protest

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/should-christians-protest-or-demonstrate/
Oil dey your head. You're a blessing to humanity
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by senchibi: 12:47am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:

The protest against the government for your Hod or for yourself? I think if you need to protest for God then you should protest against pastors who twist the books for the own belly and weaponize religion for psychomental manipulation.

Obey the government and focus on Christ brother. This life is already gone, there’s no point protesting for it to be better. There’s no natural law that supports protest.
Hey oga stop talking secular / advising US . Quote more from the Bible and give instances to back up all this your rubbish talk. You see. The whole timeline is littered with scriptures of Jesus/ decilples and other people actively trying to make thier generation better and Called out the bad government, you quote Just one verse and still arguing and not backing it up with others . False teachers will really abound in the last days.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Bnladan(m): 5:46am On Jun 14, 2021
senchibi:

Oga relax. I know you Muslims how Una dey behave. Just small talk or calling of Una name or mention of Una prophet. Knives and guns will start blazing. Why wouldn't we be free to call names and make reference to certain religions ? God is almighty and he will punish everyone who uses his name for granted. It's not the job of us humans to fight for God and defend the religion he bestowed upon us. They call Muslims your body dun already dey hot. It's a religion and it's open to criticism.
"And the servants of the Most Beneficent walk on the earth in humility and when the ignorant address them, they say: “Peace”! ".
Peace! Peace!! Peace!!!
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by hahn(m): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:
This question has been on my mind lately, I watch how things happen so fast and wonder if these things are actually in accordance with the person of Christ and what the Bible says.

It’s mind bugging that Nigeria is a very religious society but our practices outside these religious temples are quite the opposite what the books say. I can understand if a Muslims does certain things as they are not aware of the truth but it’s very baffling when those who claim to be follow Christ act certain ways.

Our mission as believers is to live out the person of Christ, take action as he would. We have to Bible for us to learn about his person, and the Holy Spirit to teach us his character so we do not deviate. Sadly enough, the person of Jesus is absent in our society. Our society realistically reflects the person of Satan.

This question should never even come to life but it has to because people are more easily influenced by others than focus on biblical information.

Jesus shows us an exceptional character we must put up in the face of oppression. In fact, the apostles being led by the Holy Spirit continued this character by being obedient till death. The Bible has many apostles telling us that we must obey the government and explained that we must do so in reverence to God so that we might silent noise makers.

Sadly people do not care about Jesus whenever it’s time to lash out at the president or anyone in office, or engage in protest against lawful authority as contrary to biblical instructions. In fact, many religious leaders are in the habit of inciting the people against the government as a show of their spiritual identity. These things are all works of flesh according to Galatians 5:20.

Protest whether lawful or unlawful are a demonstration against lawful authority and it doesn’t in anyway represent Christ in us. While we may not endorse the behavior of people in office, it’s important that we see them as playing their part to help us actualize our destiny in Christ. Protest is a satanic nature and it should not be a part of a person who claims to follow Christ.

www.davidaobooks.com

You and Jesus no get sense undecided
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2021
Before you can successfully PREACH and TEACH God's word you need to know the History of God's people from the beginning till date otherwise you'll be misdirecting your blows against the wind! 1Corinthians 9:26

You don't feed babies with hard solid food but milk {1Corinthians 3:2} you need to ascertain the level of your listener before dispensing the spiritual food. Not on social media will people take you serious when you come up with such deeper things. Because they're not grown enough in the spirit to take in such solid food. Hebrews 5:12-14

True Christians have passed this level that's why you can never find one of them throughout the entire earth protesting against constituted authority! Romans 13:1-4

Though you may disagree with me as you feel like 'no unique organization belonging to God' but you can continue trying further to see how much abuses, insults and curses you'll get from people when you're advertising what they're not used to: solid spiritual food!

May you have PEACE! smiley

DavidAO:

Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:

Seems like a JW narrative and I strongly disagree with your opinion

The bible was also edited a lot of times by the English, especially the King James Version and if you look back at history, the bible was edited and used as a tool to subdue Africans during slavery. They did this through the missionaries, their outreach and their publications, stationing them across their regions of interest.

"Even the Roman Catholic priests attached to the colonial mission found that they had to finance their activities by trading in slaves"

https://www.britannica.com/place/central-Africa/Development-of-the-slave-trade

And they preached submission and meekness to slaves to obey their colonial masters.

Till today, such qualities can be found in African leaders. And that's mind control. Same weapon Adolf Hitler used and same methods used by secret societies today

The Old Testament laws no longer apply to modern life. The new testament is that which is set out to show the standards Jesus exemplified as the proper way to live a proper Christian life if one wishes to be close to God.

Same bible also urges you to defend the weak and helpless. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit the earth.

So if you see injustice and you keep quiet based a part of a book you read, that is also unjust by Godly standards.

The slaughter of innocent civilians, the mass genocide for land grabbing and the killing of youngsters by SARS are unjust. So if you turn the other cheek whilst knowing these, you know what life you are living
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2021
Sorry he is not one of us! smiley

WUdec:

Seems like a JW narrative and I strongly disagree with your opinion

The bible was also edited a lot of times by the English, especially the King James Version and if you look back at history, the bible was edited and used as a tool to subdue Africans during slavery. They did this through the missionaries, their outreach and their publications, stationing them across their regions of interest.

"Even the Roman Catholic priests attached to the colonial mission found that they had to finance their activities by trading in slaves"

https://www.britannica.com/place/central-Africa/Development-of-the-slave-trade

And they preached submission and meekness to slaves to obey their colonial masters.

Till today, such qualities can be found in African leaders. And that's mind control. Same weapon Adolf Hitler used and same methods used by secret societies today

The Old Testament laws no longer apply to modern life. The new testament is that which is set out to show the standards Jesus exemplified as the proper way to live a proper Christian life if one wishes to be close to God.

Same bible also urges you to defend the weak and helpless. Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit the earth.

So if you see injustice and you keep quiet based a part of a book you read, that is also unjust by Godly standards.

The slaughter of innocent civilians, the mass genocide for land grabbing and the killing of youngsters by SARS are unjust. So if you turn the other cheek whilst knowing these, you know what life you are living
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Sorry he is not one of us! smiley

Lol
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:

I do not have a record of that in the Bible, can you show me what made you draw that conclusion?

Also, do you think Jesus and apostle Paul or Peter preached different gospels? Bc I can actually point you to a few places where they both admonished us to obey every rule of whatever we find ourselves and died as a result of oppression. If you think their gospel is different to Jesus’s then I understand but if you think it’s the same gospel then I might say No to you assertion.

The Bible says "the letter killeth, but the spirit gives life...". Which means when you read any part of the Bible, ask the Holy Spirit to explain the reason (spirit) behind the text. When the Bible says you should obey authority, does it mean when you go to Saudi Arabia you'll renounce your faith? Go figure.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:50am On Jun 14, 2021
He published some books and hope to sell it.
I once told him i'm not interested in his books but if he wish to discuss with me i'll make time for that. I told him "truth will never bring material gain" Jesus dispensed it for free and commissioned it for free so whenever you find anyone making material gain in the name of Christian ministry know that such a person is not for Christ but against Christ!

This topic is not for the general public but few individuals who may desire to know why Jesus never led his disciples on a protest against King Herod who arrested John the baptist for preaching what is right {Matthew 14:3-4} John the baptist himself expected Jesus to act on the matter {Matthew 11:2-3} but was shocked when Jesus sent messages back to John that he is doing just what he was sent to do {Matthew 11:4-6} and when John was beheaded in prison did Jesus lead a protest against King Herod for unjustly killing his forerunner?
Well instead Jesus only told his listeners what position John the baptist held out of all God's servants, he publicly declared John the baptist as the greatest of all humans ever born on this planet before the advent of Christianity! Matthew 11:11
He then goes further to say "from the day of John the baptist until now the Kingdom of Heaven has become the goal towards which all faithful people are pressing but it's the VIOLENT that's taking it by force" Matthew 11:12
This means whoever wants to gain everlasting life after John the baptist must be prepared to fight a spiritual battle not against our fellow human being {Ephesians 6:12} for by so doing we will also become killers either out of vengeance or due to frustration {Revelations 6:3-4} but the battle true Christians will engage in has to do with powerful unseen supernatural beings who are controlling the human governments making them do things that will continue to irritate people under them! Ecclesiastes 4:1, 8:9

So how can true Christians become victorious in this battle when they can't even see those inflicting pain on people?

They have to put away the old personality that's molded according to the flesh {Ephesians 4:22} and put on the new personality which is of the spirit {Ephesians 4:23-24} note that our LOYALTY to Christ must not be dampened so whatever those demons controlling the air are doing true Christians know that it's all for the short period of time that Satan and his demons have left {Revelations 12:12} so whoever is on the side of our Master Lord and King (Christ Jesus) must pummel his own body {1Corinthians 9:27} and in that manner we will be able to endure no matter what Satan and his demons are using those under them to inflict on us, yes we will endure as guiltless of blood {Matthew 24:13} while we keep on our preaching and teaching for the Prince of PEACE till the end {Matthew 24:14} and he will surely give us the crown of life! Revelations 2:10

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

WUdec:

Lol
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by 9jaRealist: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2021
DavidAO:

www.davidaobooks.com

In contention for DUMBEST POST OF THE YEAR!
The Jesus you all worship was the Original Protester!!
>
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by bambellakayode0: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2021
Pele oo, truth knower and d truth preacher.
Re: Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? by Olibboy: 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2021
guru90:
Nonsense question..... Are they not human beings like u and me?

help with latest config

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Yuletide, And What Does It Have To Do With Christmas?" / Why Are Nigerians So Obsessed With Religion? / Is Having Sex Or Romance In Dream Truly An Indication Of Having Spiritual Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.