Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? (38686 Views)

Please Guys What Advice Do You Have To Give On This Issue / What Advice Do You Have For A 35 Year Old With No Job, No Skill, No Wife . / What Advice Can You Give to Somebody About To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
nizzyong:
I'm not married too >: grin grin
What do you thin cool cool(
still not ready sir
Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by damzy88: 10:40pm On May 03, 2022
Shokoloko:

Know why you decided to get married in the first place:

1. Do not marry a man/woman that Is lower your league. Forget I will brush him/her up. I will open a business for him, I will send her to school. Only a small percentage of those relationships are successful

2. Do not marry a man /woman that you are not attracted to. Do not say love will grow. 95% of the time it doesn't. People just resign themselves to fate. If during the date of courtship you do not always feel like (I said feel like, not actually jumping them) jumping your fiance/fiancee backout.

3. Do not marry a foreigner except you have decided that you end your days in a foreign land. If you want to retire in Nigeria do not try this. The spouse and your kids will not come back with you. You will die here alone

4. Do not marry a man/woman that Is disrespectful to househelps, artisans, and less-privileged

5.Do not marry a person whose mother or elder sisters do not like you. That person is a sibling first before a spouse. Na you go tire.

6. Discuss how many children you will have before marriage. Some people will be impregnated until they die and the other spouse is free to remarry their actual choice who will only have 1 or 2 kids.

7. Do not do a total joint account. You are a team and not Siamese twins

8.Set your boundaries. Boundaries determine the level of respect you get in marriage. Do not pretend. If you do not like cooking, say that you do not like cooking but you are willing to do it from time to time. If you do not like to wash say it. If you smoke weed, say it. If you have a child somewhere, say it. If you plan to not let your spouse work, say it. Do not disclose body count

9. Do not try to change your partner. Work with what you see or leave.

10.If you have a misunderstanding, do not decide not to talk about it. Even if you bury it , it will surface 10 years later. Talk about it every night until its sorted out

11. Men, Pregnancy and childbirth stress a woman. Be kind.

12.Find out your spouse's love language. There are five love languages. If you are not loving your spouse in the love language he or she understands. You have done nothing. The love languages are words of affirmation, physical touch, gifts, acts of service and quality time.
Because my spouse associated gifts with love, I had to learn to give expensive gifts to him. My spouse bought me a very good SUV before we married, but it didn't mean as much as the two of us in the kitchen: I am washing plates and he is rinsing or we are cleaning the plugs of our generators together. That, to me is more than a car. So find out your spouse's love language

Check your love language here https://www.5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/

12.Pray, Pray, Pray. There are forces specifically out to destroy marriages

13.God hates divorce, but he prefers you alive and divorced than dead because of domestic violence. You can leave

14. Forget that talk about not bringing in a third party. I and my spouse could not see eye to eye about an issue for 9 years until we brought in a third party

I love your number 3. I'm in a foreign land and I have always had this opinion. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? by DannyTega: 2:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hmmm

Or if you choose to marry ,DNT expect anything from your partner...go in there with strong mind or you will die of heartbreak.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Reactions As Man Takes His Male Bestie On An All-expense Paid Trip To Dubai / My Virgin Girl Says No Sex Till Marriage / My Fiancée Wants To Visit Her Ex That Came To Town.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.