Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum (37908 Views)

Multinational Companies Exit Nigeria Amid High Operating Cost / Electricity Tariff: More Multinational Companies May Exit Nigeria — MAN / Simon Ekpa: Biafra Will Exit Nigeria Peacefully Or By War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Lionofthedesert: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Afamcy:
I tire ooo..igbos say they don't want nigeria again, no be to free them?...

Did Colonia masters not free Nigeria when they say they want their own freedom?

Abeg free them make all this matter quench mbok... I no wan chop again no suppose bring problem naa.

Please tell me who is stopping them from leaving.....have they task their leaders to present thier case ......if i so hate your house so much, i will just move out, and cut all ties with you.....or did u think because some rag tag nuts are making noise, the government should just tell them to have their country like that ??

is there even a consensus among them to leave ? believe me the rest of us will be more than happy to see the IGBOS leave.....but guess what they dont want to leave....they are just making noise, go to KANO, KADUNA and even BOKO HARAM RAVAGED MAIDUGURI, and see them...

4 Likes

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:

They have failed then. Cos the south south region would have to decide if they want to join biafra in the referendum.

Abeg we nor won join una
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by MOVIC6: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
So let them go for Christ sake. What the hell...
360degreess:
Everyone is tired of the inyamris.. They are everywhere in this country but yet they are the ones calling for the division of this country.. They forgot that their entire region is less than half of Borno State. grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by san316(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
This morning, I randomly asked my wife, "Do you want Igbos to remain in Nigeria or they should leave?" Without hesitation, she said "let them leave jor". That is the mindset of most Nigerians. Ask anybody that is not Igbo randomly if they want Igbos to stay, they will give you thesame response. The igbos beating their chests upandan saying we don't want you guys to leave, that is a lie. We want you guys to go and leave us alone. Just don't plunge the country into a devastating war which you are trying to do. If you have intelligent people as you claimed, they would have come up with a perfect proposal for constitutional amendment which will allow for referendum. Your elected reps will present it to the senate and house of Reps. It will be debated by your intelligent folks in the house and a favorable vote will be passed. Then you can proceed to propose a referendum in the house where only igbos will vote if they want to stay or not. Then there will be a proper delineation of the Biafra territory and everybody will go his way. If you use this chest beating approach, for 900 years, you will keep being miserable without achieving anything. Biafra will not come. Buhari cannot give you Biafra, single individual can. only a constitutional processes can be used

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by famzynet: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
When is the date for referendum? You can't keep Biafrans in the forced contraception forever. Nigeria is like Egyptians who refused to let the Israelites to go until God helped the Israelites to chop off their scrotum before they were given their freedom. grin
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
topboss:
THE PROBLEM WITH THE NORTH, IS THAT THEY THINK BLACKMAIL AND THREATS WILL SOLVE EVERY PROBLEM.

THAT IS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE.

THE FULANI CANNOT DICTATE FOR ANYBODY IN NIGERIA.

THE REFERENDUM IS FOR BIAFRA AND NOT IGBOS.

IGBO WILL NOT LEAVE AN INCH OF OUR ANCESTRAL LAND OR PEOPLE ON EXIT FROM NIGERIA.

WE WILL GATHER THEM FROM BENUE, KOGI, EDO, CROSS RIVER, DELTA, BAYELSA, RIVERS STATE, AND AKWA IBOM.

Are you saying that, the bolded States are parts of Biafra?
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by IMAliyu(m): 2:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kerry111:
Point Of correction, Biafra existed before Nigeria
How so?
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2021
bastardmod:

Don't mind the useless bastards...they are scared to death of biafra leaving, and they are mentioning igbo.

Let the entire biafra leave.......that is our demand . Referendum for the whole nation let this useless zoo fall

Delta State is not Biafra
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2021
bastardmod:

Not only igbos oooooooo....organise referendum for all of biafra land. The zoo must fall tongue

Aranko
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by gaftsoil(m): 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
They are afraid they will die of hunger when Biafrans leave
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by angelfallz(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Personally I don't believe in Biafra. I also don't believe it is in our interest to secede, I know it may not look like it now, but it will in the future.
The talk that we should be having is, how to restructure Nigeria by removing power from Abuja and placing that power in the constituent federating units, the units could be regional, geopolitical zones or states or whatever.

The power of each federating unit to:
1. secure it is own territory(state police or whatever name you want to call it),
2. take advantage of its human and natural resources,
3. to provide education its people,
4. to provide health care to its people.
5. Etc

I believe you also share this restructuring idea, because i have seen you write about it before.

Don't allow yourself to be distracted with secession talk and whether south south would follow(It is a divide and conquer tact, by politicians that don't want restructuring).
The south south have a right to choose whether to follow or not to follow, they are not slaves to anyone. And mark you, the south south is not one tribe o! There are at least 10 different tribes, each with its own ideas. Some may want to follow some may not want to follow.

We should be united in asking for restructuring, which in my opinion is much more feasible, and in everybody's interest in the long run.

pansophist:

Now take a look at the old and current pseudo Nigerian region, isn't it geographically reasonable to include cross river state with south east ? Look how they canned and intentionally landlocked the igbos with this dubious regional devide, with the desperate hope that in the event of future secession, the igbos would have to deal with a landlocked country, and not free at the end afterall (eg Lesotho). Meanwhile, the Eastern region of Nigeria during Ojukwu period includes all off south south.

We shall see how this goes, because as far as I and anyone with reasonable sense is concerned, south south is part of Biafra. Their plan will not work. The only time Nigeria was ruled justly was between 1960 to 1967, and the civil war was the last attempt to stop the monster that have destroyed the country, but unfortunately, every other region was asleep then, and now, the monster have grown so big that the whole nation has become its lunch, not just the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by eazyduzit: 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ugandatales:

Lesotho is not within a country...Ipob is within Nigeria...you can't have a country within a country. If they had the alliance of South south, then they could break away perfectly.

Lesotho is within South Africa,check your map before disclaim my comment or better still, Google it to know about the country.
The circle in SA map is Lesotho so tell me how is Lesotho not within a country?

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2021
pansophist:

Now take a look at the old and current pseudo Nigerian region, isn't it geographically reasonable to include cross river state with south east ? Look how they canned and intentionally landlocked the igbos with this dubious regional devide, with the desperate hope that in the event of future secession, the igbos would have to deal with a landlocked country, and not free at the end afterall (eg Lesotho). Meanwhile, the Eastern region of Nigeria during Ojukwu period includes all off south south.

We shall see how this goes, because as far as I and anyone with reasonable sense is concerned, south south is part of Biafra. Their plan will not work. The only time Nigeria was ruled justly was between 1960 to 1967, and the civil war was the last attempt to stop the monster that have destroyed the country, but unfortunately, every other region was asleep then, and now, the monster have grown so big that the whole nation has become its lunch, not just the Igbos.

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by rummmy: 2:58pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ifearnoevil:
Point of correction.

Allow Biafra to exit Nigeria, not south East.
thanks for your corrections.......all northerners should as well prepare to leave to their desert during and after the referedum.....
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by AfonjaConehead: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2021
LZAA:
grin grin grin grin grin
Kaiiiiiiiiiii
Afonjas wee be confused right now grin
Their masters have had enough
Ewoooo
Afonja ronuuu grin grin
Cc imhotep AfonjaConehead helinues

They will finally get their wish n their dream come through of living alone with their beloved masters.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by rummmy: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
Coallations with middle belt is not a northern coallation....the unity of Nigeria is now negotiable? grin
Weak ass holes....
Back to the original biafran map abag I can't wait...
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by KenModi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

At the moment only southeast are agitating to exit Nigeria.

You must have heard of a certain Sunday Igboho and his activities. Continue deceiving yourself till war gets to your bedroom. You think the Nigerian army can fight wars on three fronts. They can’t handle only bokoharam, now imagine when the east and west go into full blown war with the Nigerian state.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by 00FFT00(m): 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2021
So, here's a few home truths.

Fulanis and indeed the entire north including the middle belt do not want Igbos to leave. Why?.

Because, for the middle belt, Igbos are the buffer that guarantees that their total slavery has yet begun. They are well aware of the fate that awaits them at the hands of fulani, and by extension, the other core northern tribes who continue to be subservient to these criminals. The middle belters are therefore sitting anxiously on the fence while this plays out.

So, why don't they openly declare to follow the Igbos?. They will do just that eventually. They are however still afraid that the Igbos have not forgiven them for their ignoble role in the last civil war in which 5 million Igbo lives were lost.

The Fulani and their core northern co-conspirators on the other hand knows that if Igbos exits Nigeria, it is game over for them. They know that Yorubas, and definitely Ijaws will follow suit. Has anyone asked themselves why Buhari spent billions of dollars in his first term prospecting for non-existent oil in the north?. This is the reason.

These people have depleted Nigeria's strategic cash reserves. What they are now doing is rake up huge loans that will be impossible to repay in the event of a breakup. They hope that it will discourage western nations who are owed these monies to support succession. If it does come to it, they hope they will have some reserves to fall back on.

They know that the north is a paperweight on the economic scale. The groundnut pyramid, and Hide and skin of the past have become stories by moonlight. They will soon have to eat their cows and onions. Gworo and kola nuts will become the new cocaine that Biafrans shall export to them in a short time. Let's not even mention palm oil. That alone will cancel out the balance of trade deficit from onions and tomatoes.

Are they gonna trade?. Yes, they must. The new nations are condemned to trade with each other. Both need it. All the emerging nations from that breakup must enter into trade agreements with one another.

But the Biafrans will do very well, so will the Oduduwas. Igbos and Yorubas will hit the ground running. The southmost nations are still awash with black gold, so they will be fine. Too fine. For the Igbos, their sheer number in the diaspora will guarantee a healthy influx of hard currency until things steady. The same goes for the Oduduwa brethren. Let's not forget that there are hydrocarbon deposits in almost all of today's southern Nigeria in exploitable quantities. Mai gworo's sort to hide that information from Igbos and the others, but they are smarter.

If the scam nation breaks, the north will be starved of over 80% of the yearly remittance of 28 billion dollars which they have always stolen through various dubious means in Nigeria. Let's not forget how these kleptomaniacs secretly mined and exported the little gold found at their backyards, yet parasitically cling to the Ogoni man's oil.

Anyone remember when Fela Anikulapo Kuti, an internationally renowned musician, and a star was jailed by this very despotic vegetable in Abuja for possessing little foreign currencies he legitimately earned, while his brothers hustled everyone at Broad street, Mandilas, Airport hotel, and all over Nigeria to exchange money they stole from the rest of us anyways.

Southerners are hard workers. Igbos have trade links all over west, south, and eastern Africa. They will aggressively expand and improve on that reach. They have been doing marvelously well In Cotonou, Lome, all across Ghana, the Ivory Coast, all the way to Gambia and Senegal. Their Exploits is also well known in Gabon, Equatorial guinea. Cameroun, the Congos, Angola, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, etc.

You can see that the only group who have always benefitted from this one Nigeria lies are those who actually brought nothing to the table. This is the major reason their foot soldiers are all over the cyberspace spewing lies and innuendos to instill fear in the same people they have leached on since their progenitor arrived hare.

They are lazy and criminal-minded. Check their records all over Africa. They are parochial, dangerous in the way that they are cowards who never fought frontal, and are not fit to co-habit with upward and progressive-minded people such as can be found in southern Nigeria.

If they are honest about a referendum, they must first cause an amendment of the constitution to happen at the national assembly. This single amendment will be to insert a referendum and excision into the fraudulent 1999 constitution.

I think the rest of us are good to go. Only the parasites who will soon choke on fura d nunu, and their sickly-looking wives are obviously not ready.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by okoroemeka(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2021
Patrioticman007:

What a fact, the dotians must leave Nigeria for their enclave. Let a wall be built around their country that any Igboman caught in Nigeria will be sent to 50 years with hard labour, thereafter will be deported to the enclave, for a 70 km no man land which will be planted with mines. The issue of food security for them from Nigeria should be done by air cargo, after many securities checks, for we don't want stowaways on those cargo planes.
your comments shows how shallow and naive your thinking is,it's a pity you don't know how determined and hard-working ibo people can be when confronted with a problem,you think ibos will die of hunger if the north stop supplying food?let me tell you one thing you don't understand,if the ibo business man or woman at home and diaspora puts effort in agriculture as a priority with mechanised farming and improved ranching system for animal husbandry you will see that the north is not producing anything,they are just using primitive agricultural systems,river barges can bring in containers from the river Niger to onitsha, research more about isreal and see that with their arid climate they managed to be a top agricultural producer,what matters most is the determination and mindset of a people to conquer fear itself, which I am afraid is lacking in Nigeria now.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Ugandatales: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2021
eazyduzit:

Lesotho is within South Africa,check your map before disclaim my comment or better still, Google it to know about the country.
The circle in SA map is Lesotho so tell me how is Lesotho not within a country?

My bad grin

I learnt something new today.

1 Like

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
We in middle belt wont go with the North.

Core North are to self centred.

Plssss, middle belt, let's not become slaves to them as we always are. We also have blood running in our vein
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Ojiofor: 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
KenModi:

You must have heard of a certain Sunday Igboho and his activities. Continue deceiving yourself till war gets to your bedroom. You think the Nigerian army can fight wars on three fronts. They can’t handle only bokoharam, now imagine when the east and west go into full blown war with the Nigerian state.

Continue to imagine you hear.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by LZAA: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

They will finally get their wish n their dream come through of living alone with their beloved masters.... grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by pansophist(m): 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
michaelpop50:

It's your opinion. When referendum comes, it's one man, to one vote. Don't speak for fellow Delta's cool
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Danchibez: 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
I am a DOT that produces cars, shoes, clothes...

I am a DOT that belongs to the 6th richest ethnic group in the world.

I am a DOT that belongs to the 4th most travelled ethnic group in world.

I am not a tomato producer whose farm is being funded by tax collected from the business of a DOT.
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by shameonyou(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
Ojiofor:

At the moment only southeast are agitating to exit Nigeria.
have u forgotten ODUDUWA REPUBLIC...
Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by pansophist(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
angelfallz:
Personally I don't believe in Biafra. I also don't believe it is in our interest to secede, I know it may not look like it now, but it will in the future.
The talk that we should be having is, how to restructure Nigeria by removing power from Abuja and placing that power in the constituent federating units, the units could be regional, geopolitical zones or states or whatever.

The power of each federating unit to:
1. secure it is own territory(state police or whatever name you want to call it),
2. take advantage of its human and natural resources,
3. to provide education its people,
4. to provide health care to its people.
5. Etc

I believe you also share this restructuring idea, because i have seen you write about it before.

Don't allow yourself to be distracted with secession talk and whether south south would follow(It is a divide and conquer tact, by politicians that don't want restructuring).
The south south have a right to choose whether to follow or not to follow, they are not slaves to anyone. And mark you, the south south is not one tribe o! There are at least 10 different tribes, each with its own ideas. Some may want to follow some may not want to follow.

We should be united in asking for restructuring, which in my opinion is much more feasible, and in everybody's interest in the long run.

I agree with you. For me, it's either confederacy or balkanisation, but confederacy preferably. Also, I'm not a tribalist, and I don't think nation should be built only through the lense of shared ethnicity. Lots of countries are far far more diverse and 10x bigger than Nigeria (India, Brazil, China, USA etc) and they are doing just fine.

My beef with Nigeria is the political system. Its basically terrorism. And its not a curse, but Nigeria will never grow under this system. Its a fact. But since the leaders have proven to be beyond stupid, then it calls for disintegration. Afterall, can two people walk together unless they agree ?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Groups: Allow Igbos Exit Nigeria Now Through Peaceful Referendum by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
pansophist:

It's your opinion. When referendum comes, it's one man, to one vote. Don't speak for fellow Delta's cool

Continue dreaming oh. Na only una 5 Eastern States go do referendum

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oyibo Odinamadu, First Igbo Woman To Drive A Car Dies At 94 / 'White Nigerian' Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With His Family (Photo) / How Tinubu Divided PDP, Misled Peter Obi Into Presidential Race – Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.