Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70401 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Taich(m): 7:14am On Jun 24, 2021
PrimeWatermark:
Hehehehehehehe
Is that all?

Don't worry, you'll soon jam a wolf in sheep's clothing. Then you'll know how far.

It's not even as if the man is a traditionalist, atheist or pagan.
Creating a problem where there is none. Let them be decieving you with 'Do not be unequally yoked'.

Religion shaa

One jobless "brother" is waiting for her in the name of " the lord said you are my wife".

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by TruthOverFacts: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

This is coming late, I know other responses may have changed your mind, but I say stick to your spiritual instincts. Don't ever go ahead if you are not sure it's God's will. Bible says "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they're the sons of God". You are now a new person whom you weren't before you met him. So, your life now and before are not the same.

Furthermore, Bible says not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. See, i have a very spiritual lady who is God's tool but her husband is her Achilles heels. She made exact same mistake you are about making now and is regretting it daily. Guess you know that as a Christian once you get married, you are under the authority of your husband? Guess you know too that this means his orders will always conflict with God's own in your life?

I have been in your shoes before, but I left the lady cos she is not just a Catholic but cold towards spiritual things and of course she wasn't God's will for me. Leaving him is a price you gotta pay for Christ. Don't mind those asking you what the problem is etc. Finding the will of God is more than just being Christians. Two born agains can be in the same church but do not have the same destiny. Even if he were to be a born again, it still isn't enough to take the marriage vows with him if he is not God's will. Ignore some comments here cos they are making them from a carnal standpoint. A carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit. God help you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Vireani79: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Surprise, surprise e no get wetin person no go see. It's annoying when you see a Christian look another Christian as inferior. the question is who is the judge in this her case

The question is are roman Catholic christains
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by kdfinest(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
According to you, "you got saved and left catholic". Does it mean that you were not saved while in catholic? or probably those in catholic are not saved that made you left and you desire your fiance to left catholic church?
*mind you am not a catholic but needs to know about the listed above.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ororocelemi(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2021
Aunty wey mumu, go to your pastors and marry them. That your fiance will wed in a Catholic church as the man and head of the home, if you are through seeing your light you must come back to him in Catholic church or you leave him now and Bleep off to your village pastors brainwashing your dumb head, ODE!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by jantman(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin
I have no choice but to log in just to write you because I see that ignorance will make you to loss a good man in your life

1) You should be more concern if he is a good man. Jesus Himself (Matthew 5:8 ) blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God

2) As a lover of history, Catholism is one of the first true denomination of christianity. The devils used men to perverse catholism and added weird Idolatey pratices to catholism

3) You should not be worried about how both of you gonna raised your kids. You as an upcoming mum, you will have more influence over your kids than their dad. I have seen christian mum and Muslim dad, the influence her chidren greatly

4) Chatolic are christian, but some of their pratice is more christian idolatry.

5) Christianity is a Personal racing.

My advice; Go an marry your man, but don't practice catholism
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ecclize: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2021
Dem suppose flow u for this rubbish u posted.
obviously u are not even save yourself.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by perezeghi: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Well you did not tell what you considered to be red flags you saw after the introduction. It could help to render an advice if you share them and maybe other true christian believers can learn better.
Nevertheless you shouldn't worry about that kind of disappointment you may be causing, be it to your parents or family. Your concern should be to your spiritual growth which is your paramount concern. I'm sure you do know that as a true believer marriage is for life and to be divorced is sin in the eyes of God.
Lastly since you do pray for other things of your life and have not done so in this, kindly put this issue in prayer to God and He may likely give His response.
A couple of months ago just for asking sake I confided in someone about same thing and the individual said after about 2 weeks the response I got was that "who you were in ages past is different from who you are formerly. Does this person you asked me to pray about aid you in your spiritual growth in future? Though I had made certain pronouncements earlier. Not quite long the other person called the relationship quits and I have no regrets whatsoever and felt better.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Owologbo(m): 7:18am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So as a Catholic you never knew God and became born again as you left to Pentecostal?
You now eat, sleep and become assistant jesus.
you can still call off the marriage and go for a fellow assistant jesus; it's not too late.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by yazzman(m): 7:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Do you want be controlling him? Madam you're selfish.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by eeewise(m): 7:19am On Jun 24, 2021
So much bitterness and hates lol

Life must be hard in Nigeria o

Anyways pls re read my comment this time slowly to comprehend

Maybe you will realise I never said the man was not born again
pembisco:

Pls shut it already. Who told you the lady is saved and the man not saved? And BTW, nobody hates pentacostals here. It's rather peoctacostals attacking Catholics just like the idiaaat lady did
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2021
See dis one oo grin grin u never begin dey go Shiloh dey find husband na why?? U claim to be a born again but u discriminate against Ur fellow Christians. One of d problem I have with Pentecostals is dey claim to be righteous when they are far worse hypocrites
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by McLizbae: 7:20am On Jun 24, 2021
I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him[b][/b]

So do it now, pray about him and hear what God will tell you, because as it stands now, it still seem you are doing what you think/thought about him, and not what God want you to do.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by PaAdu02(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Well, I am wasting my time likewise others with replys here, this lady here is an serious person, she won't make a good wife either, the type that abuses husband at home and kneel for pastors, the post is absurd.
Who are u to judge the dude? So because u pray , attend church more than he does make him more non challant to life and u fear for the unborn kids, jester get a life, u re an extremist just like late Shekau, I'm so angry and wish I can flog u right now, how I wish that dude can read this!
Even if u re both Pentecostal, do u think ur faith n believe can take him to heaven or otherwise? Ur type won't even pity a person of anoda religion in any help or request necessary. Even if u raise ur kids with a GO for a Church doesn't guarantee good behavior or heaven for u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Owologbo(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Surprise, surprise e no get wetin person no go see. It's annoying when you see a Christian look another Christian as inferior. the question is who is the judge in this her case
She be assistant jesus.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ororocelemi(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Na dem, church business people
You think this one is advice, till you clock 40 and single, e go choke you!
TruthOverFacts:

This is coming late, I know other responses may have changed your mind, but I say stick to your spiritual instincts. Don't ever go ahead if you are not sure it's God's will. Bible says "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they're the sons of God". You are now a new person whom you weren't before you met him. So, your life now and before are not the same.

Furthermore, Bible says not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. See, i have a very spiritual lady who is God's tool but her husband is her Achilles heels. She made exact same mistake you are about making now and is regretting it daily. Guess you know that as a Christian once you get married, you are under the authority of your husband? Guess you know too that this means his orders will always conflict with God's own in your life?

I have been in your shoes before, but I left the lady cos she is not just a Catholic but cold towards spiritual things and of course she wasn't God's will for me. Leaving him is a price you gotta pay for Christ. Don't mind those asking you what the problem is etc. Finding the will of God is more than just being Christians. Two born agains can be in the same church but do not have the same destiny. Even if he were to be a born again, it still isn't enough to take the marriage vows with him if he is not God's will. Ignore some comments here cos they are making them from a carnal standpoint. A carnal mind cannot comprehend the things of the Spirit. God help you.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by fred04(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Believe me, this union won't last.
You are just a victim of brainwashing.
It's better u leave him and marry from your pentecostal church.
After 3 years of knacking and I believe he must have invested so much in you.
Leave him and wait for extra five years before your good for nothing brothers in your church will come for you
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Razeed: 7:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Me, what I see here is that her village people that have kept her up to this time without marriage are after her immediately after her introduction. Please you can go and answer the call my dear but the man alone. grin
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by frowland(m): 7:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your church denomination will never take you to heaven, on judgement day, God will not ask for the name of your church, He is after your heart, mind, spirit, and soul,

If your man isn't spiritually inclined as you'd like, guide him through the right path with love and prayer, most couples are never on the same page spiritually, they grow along the line,

Don't loose a good man because of what you are been fed in your church, there are good and bad people in every denomination.

How do you guys know all these?

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by pembisco(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
bolacode:
Dear Sister,
I understand clearly your point of view. There are clear distinctions between the practices and beliefs of (pentecostal) Christians and Catholics. You aren't the same!
You won't want your children to bow down worshiping before some image, and neither would you want your children go around with some whatever dangling on their necks..

Go back to the drawing board and pray sincerely to God to give u a man of like minds. I understand that 3 years was a long time, but it's better than decades of a miserable marriage to a man whose fundamental beliefs on spiritual matters are different from yours.

Walk away now while u can!
But you bowdown to daddy G.O and carry his sticker all around your neck, car and house abi? Brainwashed phoool
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by edoairways: 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
This message looks fishy especially on a Thursday. The usual Friday lie has been bursted
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Vireani79: 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
I feel ur pains
The issue here it wasn't about praying
Jesus said my sheep hear my voice and follow me
Are u truly his sheep
If u are u won't make the mistake of introducing him to ur parents
I understand the Mary/ mother nature worshiping which they will tell u is honoring and not worship like both have different meaning lol

There is the will of God for all christains to marry--- marrying anyone

There is the acceptable will of God--- marrying from roman Catholic and different denominations

Then lastly there is the perfect will of God--- marrying within your faith

Use these things to guide ur decisions
Cos lass lass it's either u won't find a man to marry u as most guys are too broke to be able to marry
Or u will marry him and bear the different mindset in the things of God.

Lastly your parents won't be in the marriage for you
They will only be in the wedding
So chose wisely
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by NoToPile: 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:

First, I want to apologize for the statement insinuating that Catholic Christians are less Christian compared to Pentecostals. That was not meant to be a generalization. The reason why faith is my principal concern is because, as a Christian, there are certain ethics and codes of conduct a person adopts and practices that guide their actions and decisions. It is the crux of the matter for me.

Many of the comments are asking for elaboration especially with regards to other aspects besides spirituality. Some of the red flags in terms of his attitude and behavior that give me cause for concern are how he relates with ladies; I found that he cheated on me a couple of times. Some of my friends who are married assure me that it is nothing to worry about because “men will always be men”. However, I feel like overlooking that means ‘settling’. Also, he tends to act like we’re competing for career success. I’m a banker and he works with a company and is well paid. From comments he makes when I make attempts to pursue growth, like take courses or attend conferences to network, his response shows that he thinks it’s a waste of time and resources. I don’t always expect him to give me financial support, even if encouragement. But he feels I should be content with my current status. It scares me that he may staunch my progress after marriage.
I’m no saint myself, but I know marriage is a lifetime affair and just because I didn’t look before I leaped into the relationship doesn’t mean I shouldn’t at this point try to make amends.

Some of us that takes our faith seriously understand, once people hear catholic , pentecostal they get riled up on NL.

This post even makes it worse, please run don't look back.

A man who is not fervent with God, cheated on you, destiny killer,doesn't encourage career growth, sees the fiance as a competition.

Why then are you even considering him for marriage.

You see that teeny weeny voice that is discouraging you is right. Please halt all marriage processes for now.

Many have gone oo, dont be among the number

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ubdavis(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2021
"during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church"
This is the crux of ur problem. You are already an extremist. If u were in Borno, and a muslim, u would have joined Boko Haram. Liberate ur slf from spiritual slavery, them u will find real peace and happiness.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Gval123: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2021
Young Lady, saying because someone is catholic means he is not born again is completely wrong. I am a Pentecostal Christian too and i have seen Christians been misled by their church pastor for personal benefit. If u have issues with conflict in teachings, I will understand. If u are thinking about ur tomorrow, because after marriage, u will have to start attending ur husbands church, i might reason with u. But to say he is not a born again because he's catholic is stupid to say the least. Pray about It, take the matter to ur father in heaven, compare characteristics, look into ur tomorrow, and see if he fits in, checkout ur values and beliefs to see if it match. Trust me, even pastors that claim to hear from God, if they don't manage their home properly, they can still devoice or alternatively, sleep around. Look at his lifestyle and see if it matches urs. It is time our people stop listening to those pastors who teaches rubbish. pls stop. God bless u
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by johnlegend01: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Really? Too many red flags? How many exactly? You mentioned one in my opinion. Even the one is pink, not red. He can still be a prayerful person.
As a Catholic, you were worshipping Satan I suppose. Now, he is still worshipping the devil and you can't be with a devil worshipper.
You did not even imply that you eventually prayed about him, you just feel he is not the one because he worhips Satan by your implication since he is not willing to give his life to Christ.

Madame, just leave if you don't want him and don't bother about what people will say. You should worry about the future. You might regret leaving him but you will have to live with it. You might not regret it and you will be happy.

I will advise you don't let your Pentecostal Pastor mislead you. Be guided by the Holy Spirit, not by someone who might be farther to God than you are.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Harmattan123(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Catholic church, Are they idol worshippers, iamnot understanding, the church got me confused,
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by McCoy662(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Your head no correct gann... U mean catholics are not saved. Look at this brainwashed baboon. If I'm the guy, i will just dump your dirty arse and move on. I don't like what I hate. Maybe u should marry your pastor.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by dotedote: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
Call it quits and later hear stories of how fetish your worshipped spiritual pentecostal pastor is.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Elvisage(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

madam holy spirit.hope u and your fiance have been eating the forbidden fruit(sexing) u didn't mention that part.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by jaytee01(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

You are a big fooool. Don't worry.....ten years from now you will be at Redemption Camp or Shiloh praying for a right man to come along.

Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 24, 2021
1. It is better to marry an unbeliever that does not go to church or affiliated to any religious circle. (See 1 Cor 7: 12-14 kjv). The reason for this is that he will drag you back to Catholicism which is a religion of the devil. If he wasn’t a catholic, it will be easier for you to sanctify him by your character (1 Pet 3:1-2 kjv), and get him saved by the grace of God. But anyways, if you go ahead with the marriage, God will still bless that marriage for your sake if you are truly saved like you said, but you will have to pay the price.

2. Since you know he is a lukewarm Christian, it is better to cut all ties with him before it is too late. Why? Because the truth is right in front of you, and women are known for not accepting the truth or reality. (2 Tim 3:7) “ For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

You mentioned physical qualities. That is part of the diversity of your lusts. If you are having a premarital affair, stop! God will never bless any form of unrighteousness, not even 1% of it. He is a holy God.

3. Pray about it and follow what the Bible says. Don’t listen to people here that do not understand the Christian separation according to (2 Cor 6:14-17). Their truth is wrong, my truth is also wrong, but the Bible is right.

4. Anything or anybody that is not pulling you closer to Christ is pulling you away from Him. Put God first, not a man. The truth is right there in front of you.

5. Finally, when you have this kind of issue, don’t bring it to the internet. God hates it. The Lord calls that a reprobate. Talk to the Lord first. Then after you can seek counsel from older Christians, they will give you a better advice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

Humphreys Chipeta Dies During Beer Drinking Contest In Malawi / Lady Tattooed Her Boyfriend's Face On Her Throat. Photo Goes Viral / Couple Say "I Do" On Hosptal Bed After Accident 4 Days To Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.