Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70371 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Bayoursphere: 6:08am On Jun 24, 2021
You can't talk someone to salvation. It is the work of the Holy Spirit. First, pray if he is the will of God for you. You're ain't married yet! That can lead to praying for his salvation. Even if you're not going to marry him, you still have to pray for his salvation.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by murphyibiam15(m): 6:08am On Jun 24, 2021
pembisco:

You must be stuupiiiiid for insinuating Catholics are not saved. Idioooootttt. Who the phuccck made you a judge over who is saved or not? Brainwashed phoool, you are not different from Boko Haram. Your type think you know it better. Assssswhole. You could have easily stated your denomination differences with your guy without disrespecting the Catholics but as usual, your dumb brainwashed mucous brains wouldn't let you. Intolerant religious bigot, forming saint. Next time be much careful with what you utter from your dirty smelling mouth. Immmbecile. Hiss at your worthless being. Now go phuccck that useless phhooool trying to deceive you with holy holy in your new church. Motherphuccckerr
That's to tell you that the lady is the one with the problem, imagine such a compound foolish woman disrespecting other people's mode of worship
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by lereinter(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2021
Have you met another guy that fit your new Christian love
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by murphyibiam15(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2021
eseh1:
I dunno if you will see this msg...but if you feel you are not comfortable with the decision pls call of d engagement or put it on hold...i wish i did same even wen on d marriage day i felt like...didn't want to disappoint any1.
Are you insinuating you regret getting married to your man?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by EngrChima88: 6:10am On Jun 24, 2021
Bola146:
I don't really get your points. Which God? Is he worshipping something else?! Seriously I don't get it. Maybe you should ask yourself what is causing the confusion sad

Thank you sister! All these penticostal fellows do see themselves like small gods but big fools at last.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrSly(m): 6:11am On Jun 24, 2021
I seriously pity that young man for having a doom like you. LOL I laugh whenever I hear ' born again'
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by heffem(m): 6:12am On Jun 24, 2021
Shey una see the wahala wey religion and these people dey cause now? Why you no jus live your life normal and enjoy yourself?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by seighapaul(m): 6:13am On Jun 24, 2021
WOW!!! Never thought I'd see the day Nigerians from various religious affiliations speak out against extreme religious beliefs. Religion should be a personal thing. When it comes to religion... learn to stay on your lane and respect or ignore other religions.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by duality(m): 6:15am On Jun 24, 2021
Pauldollars:
[/b]If the Holy Spirit is convincing you that he is not your husband and the right one, then he is not your God given husband. You don't need the advices or have to listen to what Nairalanders who have not experienced genuine salvation and freedom from sin are telling you. In our journey to heaven, you have to choose your partner wisely. Your partner should be one who is also on his way to heaven, encouraging you and building you up in the Faith, not just any man or friend that will draw you back to the world and its glamour and pleasures for sin. Remember, one's spouse can make him/her miss heaven or make heaven. It all depends on who you choose[b]

This is the answer. Most of other responses here, shows spiritual emptiness.

The more reason we have christians around who can't be differentiated from non Christians.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by codedsnow: 6:16am On Jun 24, 2021
Wy the red flag........u dey zuzu
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Pzpropertylimit(m): 6:18am On Jun 24, 2021
Carry ur nonsense born again commot from here. .... Another mistakes I have made was that I didn't pray over it ... Kai , who do u like this ? What were u born again for . Make I ask u one stupid question ! Wasn't he sleeping with u after u claimed to be born again before this kangaroo introduction ?
So in ur mind , Catholics are going to hell abi ?
If u have found a rich guy , tell us and tell him.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by izubext007: 6:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Tloc:

My dear young lady, that path of religious piety which you assume you on is your step to DOOM. Stay woke and refine your RELIGIOUS views to be in tandem with contemporary life realities and grow your inert spirituality. Be far away from religious extremism and you would live a more fulfilled LIFE. I am sure that young man's mind and soul is purer than all your Pentecostal pastors' put together. Shalom.

Is like a recherd church brother is decieving her with the Bible constantly on his hand.

May the brother is a prayer squade leader?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrSly(m): 6:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Eduboy1990:
Get what she is saying born again child of God is different from normal Christian or church goers so try to understand
Dont twist it or cast stone. She said the guy was still a catholic and not a born again and I ask who gave you self proclaimed born again the mantle to decide who is saved or not. Yet you keep copying all the traditions of catholic year by year. Only those who dont have personal understanding about God listen to gibberish.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by reealec(m): 6:20am On Jun 24, 2021
I had to log in to reply you... Got saved from what? How do even see other Christians are? That was how a gal told me since I don't speak in tongues I'm not a full christian can you imagine. I thought it is the Muslims that are easily brainwashed not knowing we got some christians too.... Did God gave Adam a wife rather Adam found a wife for himself..
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by mrkevwee(m): 6:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Christians judging Christians,
Muslims judging muslims.

Even sinners are judging themselves. (Like no be so u suppose sin na like this).

Religion isn't the problem, we are the problem and we need to fix up.

P.s if u already have it in ur mind that he Is not the one for u pls leave him. Failed engagement better pass failed marriage.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by brobro: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Nairaland is not a place you come for spiritual advice. Please go to your pastor. For this.
2 cor 6:15
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by EngrChima88: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2021
Giftexx:
U were never a Catholic cos if after baptism and confirmation, you still think u are not born again, then...

Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by RichBoy247: 6:21am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

According to this girl's report, when this girl was a Catholic, her life was with Lucifer. So later, she snatched her life from Lucifer and gave it to Christ at the Pentecostal Church. A typical example of a complete religious fool.

Please leave him and go and meet your Pentecostal church goers, at least your Pentecostal Pastors have private jets unlike the Catholic Priest, that itself is a passport to heaven, not where my Father in Heaven lives anyway.

You will end up as fifth wife to Alhaji Abubakar Aboki Dan Megida like those before you who are now nakked in Instagram.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by xynerise: 6:21am On Jun 24, 2021
The mind of the Op about Catholics is just the average mind of these half baked Pentecostal churches out there. They believe only them will make heaven and other churches are in the dark. Very myopic set of people who think they know God more but are actually in darkness and confusion.

Pls, leave our Catholic brother alone because it is obvious you are the church to church miracle and searching for the light seeker. You will bring confusion and troubles to the young man's life with your brainwashed coconut head

3 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ufotty2001: 6:22am On Jun 24, 2021
This is the same thing my girlfriend told me that am not God fearing that she is looking for God fearing man... 6yrs has gone..
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Avast(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Las Las op go marry her SPIRITUAL husband at the age of 40.

Religious 4UCKER
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrSly(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Eduboy1990:
my advice is if you can change him ,go ahead with the marriage , since you are a female I believe you can do it with power of GOD,but if he is a male please quit the marriage, because a woman can change a man but a man can never change a woman
Though it sparingly happens, you hardly see a catholic who knows his faith getting converted to another denomination. Why should he change his faith in the first place?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by sawansa(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2021
My sister, I am seeing you as being the problem to your situation. Because you got born again and converted to a pentecostal church, you are now seeing him as an unbeliever. You should stop deceiving yourself.
The young man is more real than you . Don't ever try to brainwash him to follow you just because you want to marry him. Marriage is a life time institution that must be build on firm and real foundation, not on a false pretence.
If he refused to follow you to your pentecostal born again or you decided that you cannot come back to your old denomination for both of to have common agreement towards your marriage/wedding. Please I humbly advise to you to call off the relationship. Introduction is nothing as compared to the agony of a troubled or broken marriage.

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Avast(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2021
ufotty2001:
This is the same thing my girlfriend told me that am not God fearing that she is looking for God fearing man... 6yrs has gone..

Has she married?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by EngrChima88: 6:23am On Jun 24, 2021
akinwun:
If truly you are in connection with Jesus, i would advice you to pause and pray with humility of heart and be ready to follow whatever He says without delay.
Ordinarily, i would have asked you to back off as it is already a yoke between a believer and unbeliever, but it is better to hear from Christ directly, for He is wiser than all of us.
Again, whatever He tells you, that do without caring about whose ox is gored.
And when you have done this, don't ever at any time try to turn your back on him, for the enemies will be waiting to mock you on this decision in case of any eventuality. Let him have absolute control from then on. Shalom.

Idiot
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by izubext007: 6:24am On Jun 24, 2021
zed7:
If your only complaint is that he isn't a fanatic then you have no problem.
A well behaved moralist is better off than a religious fanatic without morals.

I swear my brother u are right.
I knw of a sis in my church here that's do follow pastor's wife any where she goes , but if they should tell how this sister dey Bleep one stupid church brother like � horse u ehn u go tire.
The funniest thing be say nal pastor wife nal dey arrange church sisters for the church brother to Bleep ooooh, I no knw wetin she use am mean.
I'm not lying it's happening now.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by garripack: 6:25am On Jun 24, 2021
If you would get to ready this...

You sought for advice at wrong place..
I hope you are not just chasing clout...
If you not then take down this while you go down on your knees and talk to your father.....

Seek advice from your spiritual leader..

A d pray thafs all..

What is deep let it remain for the deep

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Samchik: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2021
That you're now Pentecostal means you're saved and know the true God, then he being a catholic is not. Who told you that? I'm expecting to read something reasonable. My dear go and marry your pastor. Nonsense
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ELEYINJUANU(m): 6:27am On Jun 24, 2021
My dear sister, this is not the right place to bring your issue, since you have Pastor why not going for counseling, the group is full of different people, both the one that will lead you right, the one that will abuse you and the one that will mislead you.
Marriage is personal decision in which if you don't take the right step at the beginning, you suffer the consequences alone. Since your spirit is not happy, my advice is you go to God in fasting and Prayers to know his mind, the Lord will talk to you on the issue.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Dharniel600(m): 6:27am On Jun 24, 2021
Just see the division Religion has caused humanity.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by AntiWailer: 6:27am On Jun 24, 2021
U better don't lose Ur man

Ur eye go clear soon and u will regret Ur decision.

All the brothers shaking head in church will eventually fck d hell out of u and move on silently
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by monogram: 6:29am On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Hope someone (one pentecostal brother, sister or pastor isn't behind your change of heart). Pentecostal are not more spiritual, its all lies. Go for a good man with morals, if your man fits into this go for him, if not quit. Do not learn the hard way! I have experience of both churches. Pentecostal destroy people in the name of seeing visions, they lie and manipulate. Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Who Met A Real Life Witch Last Night Narrates His Scary Story / What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex? / Pretty Lady In Search Of A Boyfriend On Twitter (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.