Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable (35260 Views)

80% Of Married Men, Who Are Not Financially Stable Are Not Happy / Advantages Of Marrying As A Virgin / 'There Is No Financially Stable Man In His 20's" - Nigerian Man Tell Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Kirkman: 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2021
Quim2:

I'm 41. Money delayed me.
I have it now and started searching since November last year. I'm glad I didn't mess up by marrying in poverty. It would have been a huge disaster

My only worry now is kids. I wanna marry before August, that if I see the kind of tall, curvy, light-skinned lady I like. I no dey fear all those high maintenance ladies again lolz.

The surprising part is I have parents calling me to marry their teenage daughters.
undecidedSo upon your old age, you still dey find curvy light skinned lady. You still dey play choices game. Na wa for you o! So if the one God has destined for you is now dark skinned will you throw her away?

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Paulakosu(m): 11:44pm On Jul 07, 2021
Any man that cannot meet up with the basic needs of life (i.e. food, clothing and shelter) and is thinking of going into marriage is just insane...
Which lady will even accept you

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Lightway: 11:49pm On Jul 07, 2021
Romanoff:

And you know this how?

You boyfriend posted it on nairaland when he proposed

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by EmmaLege: 12:10am On Jul 08, 2021
Rapmoney:
As a young man, DO NOT let anyone, whether married or not to deceive you that money does not matter in marriage. The truth is that money solves more than half of the problems in marriage, especially in a Nigerian society.

This does not mean that you must be a millionaire or be rolling in money, but have the financial capacity to provide the basic things humans need for living, and luxuries inclusive.

Any home you enter where the man commands maximum respect, observe closely, he is living up to his responsibilities as a man. There is no respect from any woman for that man who cannot provide the basic necessities. Don't let anyone deceive you. That girl that tells you today that she will run any length for you will turn to a tigress tomorrow in marriage if the major finance comes from her.

If you would be respected, make sure you have a source of income that brings a substantial amount that can provide basic necessities and at least, modest luxuries.

true talk brother kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Ifakiland(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2021
Rapmoney:
As a young man, DO NOT let anyone, whether married or not to deceive you that money does not matter in marriage. The truth is that money solves more than half of the problems in marriage, especially in a Nigerian society.

This does not mean that you must be a millionaire or be rolling in money, but have the financial capacity to provide the basic things humans need for living, and luxuries inclusive.

Any home you enter where the man commands maximum respect, observe closely, he is living up to his responsibilities as a man. There is no respect from any woman for that man who cannot provide the basic necessities. Don't let anyone deceive you. That girl that tells you today that she will run any length for you will turn to a tigress tomorrow in marriage if the major finance comes from her.

If you would be respected, make sure you have a source of income that brings a substantial amount that can provide basic necessities and at least, modest luxuries.
Typical Nigerian he goat, thinking money can buy respect and love. Lol you SIMPs never seize to amaze someone with your high level stupidity

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by MVLOX(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2021
Rapmoney:

I need to save this thread for future purpose..... My son needs to read this

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Ifakiland(m): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2021
Typical Nigerian he goat, thinking money can buy respect and love. Lol you SIMPs never seize to amaze someone with your high level stupidity
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by pansophist(m): 12:45am On Jul 08, 2021
Rubbiish:

Words on gold sad
You can't possibly be contented when u have no money! That's guy's submission is wrong!
If u have made little money, u can't possibly compare your contentment level with when u were u struggling?

Why not quote me directly? All this kpomo men sef grin

To the topic, contentment is fluid, it is not something that is benchmarked on a particular amount before it (contentment) has an effect. A good example of contentment are the northern shoe cobblers, hawkers, finger nail trimmers and cloth sewers. Think about it, you'll hardly hear or see an hausa man on the news stealing, engaging in ritualist or Internet fraud, even if they are the poorest and largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Thats what contentment does to you. It kills envy for others, it's being at peace with yourself regardless of your earnings, with a sense of gratitude to top it all. I admire that trait in the Northerners, and it something you should learn from them. So my guy, the instant way to be rich right now, na you just comot mind for all the things wey you no fit afford. No go kill yaself. And next time, get balls quote me, no de go through woman, you hear? grin

cc. Bukatyne

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Savagethe21st(m): 12:59am On Jul 08, 2021
pansophist:

Why not quote me directly? All this kpomo men sef grin

To the topic, contentment is fluid, it is not something that is benchmarked on a particular amount before it (contentment) has an effect. A good example of contentment are the northern shoe cobblers, hawkers, finger nail trimmers and cloth sewers. Think about it, you'll hardly hear or see an hausa man on the news stealing, engaging in ritualist or Internet fraud, even if they are the poorest and largest ethnic group in Nigeria.

Thats what contentment does to you. It kills envy for others, it's being at peace with yourself regardless of your earnings, with a sense of gratitude to top it all. I admire that trait in the Northerners, and it something you should learn from them. So my guy, the instant way to be rich right now, na you just comot mind for all the things wey you no fit afford. No go kill yaself. And next time, get balls quote me, no de go through woman, you hear? grin

cc. Bukatyne
northerners are kidnappers and bandits oh

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by BSsniffer: 1:00am On Jul 08, 2021
It depends. You can actually get married and decide to suspend having kids till you reach a certain level financially. You both can hustle it out then when you reach a certain level start shooting for kids.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by purples25(f): 1:04am On Jul 08, 2021
I read "Marrying A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable. "

cheesy grin
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by ubola: 3:58am On Jul 08, 2021
vickydankal:
Truth be told we love our me to be up and doing. We can cover up here and there for few years but when the man decide to leave the providence for us, we tend to become tensed. We are coming to help not to carry the burden. We can hide the fact that we are the ones doing most of the financial needs but of course certain level of money can not be hidden.

For struggling men, my advice don't get married yet and if you must forget childbearing for a year or 2. The insult, humiliation, embarrassment may not come from the wife, it may be from in-laws, neighbors and family members.

4 keys to solve half of the marital issues
1. Money
2. More money
3. Increase the more money
4. Make more money with the increased money

Pampers, rent, dstv, repairs, upkeep, clothing, health, food, as the essential before talking of pleasures like outing, a local government worker with steady salary can't handle those not to talk of vacation and luxury.

It's not easy on our men oooo seriously, I didn't know what my daddy past through until 1 year of marriage. No body will blame the ladies but the men for lack in the house no matter whose fault it is. Men are expected to do everything but it's not fair nah. You go kill your man if you leave the whole burden to him oooo.

Live at a cheaper place
Marry a manager
Both hands (husband and wife) should have milt steams of income
Start small with the must basic things in the home (na so me and oga start ooo, almost with nothing but story don change small) though give the opportunity I won't try it again, who suffer help abeg.

May God favor and have mercy on our hard working men.

You just nailed it dear. Continue to be a source of inspiration to young couple. Tell them to be up and doing as young men. Success is not for lazy people.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by deltateam: 4:00am On Jul 08, 2021
yomi007k:

cheesy
Shey na by force to marry ni?

Eheh nah. Abi how dem wan take born Bomboi?
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by deltateam: 4:03am On Jul 08, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
If you are not financially stable, do not marry. Don't let anyone pressure you, cerelac is 4k now.. Na one week dem go finish am.. Be wise

Not everyone took cerelac. Enter village reason grandma make she formulate wetin she take raise your momsy and popsy dem.

Make una no dey yarn dis kain okpaka nah.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Vireani79: 4:09am On Jul 08, 2021
And after having ur steady source of income
U marry
And things goes bad
What next

Look all these rules and regulations are good
What matters most is being financial smart
Have sound financial IQ
Cos nothing is sure
Only the ability to find means of creating income is the best tool to sustain a marriage

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by ubola: 4:22am On Jul 08, 2021
mofedamijo:
Even the extremely wealthy are divorcing. Know your woman and work with her with what you have. What you think might be financially stable might be totally unstable for some women.

Even if you earn cool and live comfortably, some women will call you a pauper. Whereas, even when you don't have much, some women will stand by you till there is a change.
Not in all cases. But it's good for a man to always be on top of his game to be able to pull the string. When your wife is paying the rent, feeding you and paying children fees, you wouldn't need a Prophet to interpret to you that she's the head of the house. Men be wiser.
Some women will help you up the ladder, some will pull you down with your finances.

Choose wisely.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Chochovini: 4:46am On Jul 08, 2021
Ruggman:
Your write up is not totally correct, marriage is a life venture that requires maturity and godly wisdom not just money.
Money is necessary for everyone and if you care to know some bachelor's spend far more than some married men on wasteful living.
Major thing you need in marriage is God's favour to marry your own wife. It is important to pray very well and listen to advise, ask relevant questions about your supposed spouse before engaging in marriage.
NB
-------
*YOUR OWN WIFE WILL STAND WITH YOU WETHER GOOD OR BAD
*IF YOU MARRY WHEN YOU HAVE MONEY, WHAT HAPPENS IF ALONG THE WAY THINGS TURN DOWNWARDS?, WILL YOU ASK THE WOMAN TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE MARRIAGE UNTILL THINGS RETURN TO NORMAL?.
* A BAD WIFE WILL MISBEHAVE EVEN WHEN YOU ARE GIVING HER HEAVEN AND EARTH.
* MARRIAGE IS NOT A BED OF ROSES, EXPECT UPS AND DOWNS, HIGH AND LOW MOMENTS. MONEY OR NO MONEY CAN NOT CHANGE THIS FACT ABOUT MARRIAGE
. In that case, my question is “ IS MARRIAGE A MUST FOR EVERYONE
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Quim2: 4:57am On Jul 08, 2021
Kirkman:

undecidedSo upon your old age, you still dey find curvy light skinned lady. You still dey play choices game. Na wa for you o! So if the one God has destined for you is now dark skinned will you throw her away?

Where she dey since wey i dey suffer?
I guess it's now a crime to make a choice in these things.

Trust me, i worked and still work really hard to get what i want and God will give me something close this month

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Chochovini: 5:01am On Jul 08, 2021
kzubyar:
Queen of the South
. Thats a name of one of the clubs in Scotland championship.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Optim1: 5:09am On Jul 08, 2021
This is why it is good to have a business that brings in extra income before going in to marriage.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by AnI77: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2021
ogashman:
Op

What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?

It is not compulsory to marry and you can join the league of the defeated at any time if you like.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by aribisala0(m): 6:00am On Jul 08, 2021
mofedamijo:

Okay, you can chose foolishly then.

Goodbyes
I chose long time ago
There is no option of foolish or wise choosing just luck
People change after marriage and there is no wisdom to allow anyone predict that
Goodbye

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by JOACHINpedro: 6:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Op you just made marriage look scary shocked
Infact I'm leaving the marriage for una unless I build a castle I don't see need to marry.
Before then, I wish you all well in marriage

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Kirkman: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2021
Quim2:

Where she dey since wey i dey suffer?
I guess it's now a crime to make a choice in these things.

Trust me, i worked and still work really hard to get what i want and God will give me something close this month

Thanks
Amen o! Keep praying and never give up. What is yours will locate you soon.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Uniquekriss(m): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.
this kinda encourages laziness.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Freelane33(m): 7:36am On Jul 08, 2021
Mr go marry a virgin , you are not an exception , go marry a virgin with an empty pocket or an unsatisfactory level of income and come back here to tell us your experience. I come in peace sir / ma
IgweOfNnewi:
Lies from the pit from hell, marry a virgin, I repeat marry a virgin without experience, if you have money or not you wouldn't have issues, if you marry a harlot that even give her all heavens she will go to hell to have sex, I know a woman who had a jobless husband, she was more educated and more financially stable than the man that had nothing but they are living well, even the woman took loan several times in her office to buy two cars for him for transportation and some others to buy the house they are living, they have been together for about 9years now.
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by yassjib: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2021
Nothing but the truth, candid advice for the upcoming. I have married for 9 yrs now. I told my mother in-law that I have to get a job 1st before getting married but she said that I shouldn't worry that job will definitely come that I shouldn't mind, I agreed. To cut a long story short, after our 1st two kids my wife got a job with d FFS with d help from her mother side thinking that everything will be okay after d job since me I am not all that financially stable but the all things turned upside down. She started taking authorities over our homes since she have become d bread winner for now. Her mother started taking her side even if she is wrong as she started sending more money to her mum. I was not having peace again in our home because we both pay bills together she started feeling as if she does more. She and her mum collide together and brought her 25yr old sister to come and stay with us and that turned my home to hell. Pls guys be averagely better financially before getting marry

6 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by anointedlinks: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2021
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Gerrard59(m): 7:54am On Jul 08, 2021
authority2006:

And then, grow old as a poor lonely pitiable man! That would suck!

But as a married man, your kids are expected to leave when they are 18 and divorce/separation is possible in his 50s or 60s
Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by echodrum(m): 8:02am On Jul 08, 2021
ogashman:
Op

What if you are approaching your fifties and still have not made that money, so u die a single man?
before nko? Or what do you suggest?. Produce a child that you can not be able to raise so that the child will become a criminal or suffer for 50 years and end up producing more problematic children. Making children is not a must biko nu. If you try and you don't have, just focus on yourself and take care of yourself as much as you can.

1 Like

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by Gerrard59(m): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2021
obembet:
Nonsense

Op! And all those of you that aggreed with him, u beta think twice. That Linda said and later have baby.

Is it when you are 50s u will settle down and train your children at old age?

Ned Nwoko, Razak Okoya, Oscar Onyema, Peter Ashade, Donald Trump etc., all had kids at 50+. And there are many unpopular men who went same route. The mantra is to plan so well (with backup plans) to train them in good schools and provide a comfortable life for them. This belief that you should your savings to sponsor kids in schools when it should have been your investments' returns is wrong. People should plan well because the Nigeria of today will be a paradise compared to 2031.

Marriage open doors. Just marry the right woman

That is not true. If so, more doors would have been opened for Nigerians which would have reflected in the GDP rate. Or else, Nigerians are marrying the wrong partners.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying As A Man When You Are Not Financially Stable by kokoboy4life(m): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2021
Blueelf:
Let's be specific

IF you're not making at least N500k per month (and you stay in a Major City like Lagos, Abuja and Port-Hacourt), please don't marry

I used 30mins of my precious time to calculate it. Please marriage is not compulsory and women love your ability to provide, not you

So all the people that got married in those cities you mentioned above earns 500k per month

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don't Taste Other People's Partner If Yours Is Untouchable - Bamisepeters' Blog / My Fiancee Broke Up With Me For Becoming A Keke Napep Rider / Why Is It So Hard To Find A Caring, Supportive, Loving Boyfriend Nowadays?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.