Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (31004 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by rhektor(m): 8:51am On Jun 30, 2021
theFilmtric:

You were meant to quote fahdiga not gbagura

Oh my bad old
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 30, 2021
FreeIgbos:

It's bad eggs like you that give yorubas bad name. Must you show your insecurities in every Igbo issue? Someone opened a thread to showcase a rich archive of historical Igbo civilization only for you to intrude and start throwing tantrums all over? Why do you guys feel so insecure and attacked whenever Igbos try to project themselves? Oga Ade why??

This attitude most of you yorubas exhibit is quite disgusting to say the least. Spits!
I didn't want to comment before until I see this. I believed you read comment from the first page but turned blind eyes to your idiotic fellow osu with inferiority complex that claimed to be yoruba just to drag yorubas into the thread.

Beside, the person you quoted is a northerner.

But as usual, you must play the victim you people are known for.

I spit on you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by rhektor(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2021
Idiko1:

The bolded is not true. Even the so-called TV station was a matter of days difference while the Igbo enjoyed print news on paper months before Yoruba.

Which newspaper was Igbo enjoying before the Yorubas?

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by rhektor(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2021
Idiko1:

Ife is a modern day creation of Yoruba colorful storytellers. Oyo-ile was the undisputable first settlement of Yoruba after they have arrived from Upper Volta region.

grin grin grin

You're seriously ill

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Emary(f): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2021
theFilmtric:

No holiness here anty
You saw how the writer of this thread smartly kept imputing derogative jabs at Yoruba and propaganda against every other ethnic groups in Nigeria in the name of "showcasing Igbo history"

If they didn't insult us
I'll never have posted on the thread at all

Stop decieving yourself ma

The only persons deceived here are you and your cronies. The OP had only made one post and the attacks started. All one needs to do is counter with facts and historical evidence. That would be a better display of one's intellect. Only people with inferiority complexes feel the need to respond to every challenge with insults and hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Jaluumi: 9:16am On Jun 30, 2021
Emary:

The only persons deceived here are you and your cronies. The OP had only made one post and the attacks started. All one needs to do is counter with facts and historical evidence. That would be a better display of one's intellect. Only people with inferiority complexes feel the need to respond to every challenge with insults and hate.

Your brother derailed the thread on the first page by posting this

Fahdiga1:
Even though I'm a Yoruba man but my great grandfather who was an Oba in Ilesha back then told me the truth that the Igbos were the first civilized black race in the world. That they helped bring civilization to our Yoruba land. I keep wondering how the Igbos were to be exposed so early more than us the Yorubas

He’s an Ibo lying about being Yoruba to validate nonsense.

It begs the question: why do Ibo suffer from inferiority complex and why do they need to lie about being Yoruba to validate themselves? Ibos are sick people. Must you always talk about Yoruba?

Thread itself is the typical Ibo thread with fallacies and wishful thinking

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by rhektor(m): 9:28am On Jun 30, 2021
Emary:

You simply missed the page where he used derogatory remarks to describe other tribes. Go back to pages 1 and 2 and see for yourself

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by theFilmtric: 9:29am On Jun 30, 2021

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Emary(f): 9:33am On Jun 30, 2021
Jaluumi:

Your brother derailed the thread on the first page by posting this

He’s an Ibo lying about being Yoruba to validate nonsense.

It begs the question: why do Ibo suffer from inferiority complex and why do they need to lie about being Yoruba to validate themselves? Ibos are sick people. Must you always talk about Yoruba?

Thread itself is the typical Ibo thread with fallacies and wishful thinking

SMH!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Emary(f): 9:35am On Jun 30, 2021
theFilmtric:

Your op used neither facts nor historical evidence

I never responded with hate and insults
I think it's the usual "they hate us" mentality that is plaguing your thinking

As I said

Hypocrisy

On the contrary, it is again you who has a bias. I have never claimed to belong to one particular tribe. I merely wanted to observe the thread for historical documentation which the OP has done brilliantly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2021
Emary:
The tribalism on Nairaland equates with racism. Why can't you guys establish a separate thread extolling the Yorubas or Ijaw instead of derailing this one? You should be ashamed of yourselves, please.
Keep shut and read one of your bastard brothers called yorubas into the thread by claiming yoruba. Why do you people like playing victim. I am sure you are part of those that liked his comment but come here to play victim.

TAO11, ride on bro. Kill them with more pix.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:

See me see this Nama o

No picture in ancient time?Oya show me ruins na..Great wall of Bini ruins still dey till today.well documented in pictures.

We have seen ancient pyramids and houses built by semi clad nubians in pictures,Old and new pictures and Some still exist till today.

We have seen Mosques and houses built by the dogons in pictures and some still exist till today.

Old igbo houses are in pictures.

Why una own come dey exceptional..Abi na only una see wetin una build.Hahaha cheesy

Show us let's see the magnificent architecture and compare it with others..lols

U dey show me quote of one white man wey I no know without proof to back wetin im talk.
The question here is, why are you changing narrative everytime TAO11 answers you with fact.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 30, 2021
TAO11:
If not for the fact that you type faster than you think, you would have read what I typed and seen the images I attached. cheesy

You would have realized how the mid/late-1900s Igbo structures attached by your brother is a huge disgrace on ndi-Igbo.

Now go back to my attachment and take a look at the mid/late-1900s Yoruba structures and come back here to tell me if you won’t drown in tears for ndi-Igbo.

(1) Show me an image of the ruin of Benin walls, the only wall ruin that I’m aware of in southern Nigeria is the Sungbo’s Eredo in Ijebu land.

Don’t show me a Google image of Sungbo’s Eredo and then claim it is the ruins of Benin walls. But this is by the ways.

(2) Pyramids from ancient times are built of stones. You didn’t know that, or do you?

Also ancient mosques are religious structures some of which are intentionally preserved with over time renovations, rebuilding, etc.

Also, some Europeans today take naked pictures. What does that mean? That the present western society have not yet come fully to the knowledge of cloths. This is a retarded position to hold.

(3) What you call old Igbo pictures (as attached by your brother) are photographs of Igbo structures (built of clay/wood) taken in the mid-late-1900s.

The photographs of Yoruba structures from that same period (i.e. mid-late-1900s) put all the hamlet in your brother’s attachment to full blown and complete shame.

(4) The “wHiTe mAn” travelled through west Africa and came to document his observation.

Oh, or do you mean to say that he is mArGiNaLiZiNg Igbo people?? LMAO! grin

You are a disgrace.

Cheers!
Cc: theFilmtric
———————
PS:
For the sake of summary and helping your amnesia, the following are the indices of Yoruba civilization which I had touched on:

(A) The best architectural feat found in the West of Africa.

(B) The best classical artworks (in diverse media) from sub-Saharan Africa.

(C) The knowledge and use of textile/clothing since the classical/ancient times.

(D) The knowledge/presence of street paving in Ife (and other parts of Yorubaland) over 1,000 years ago.

(E) The innovation of a social-order based on a self-evolved government system now known as monarchy.

Among several others, such as writing (as evidenced on the ancient Oranmiyan obelisk); the best bow-men in Africa (as noted by Clapperton’s team); shiny walls (in relation to which the best from Benin could not come close in comparison, as may be seen in H.L. Roth); etc.
This is bombshell.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:

Hahahaha

So u went online to dig out this stuff.

U must be slow in reasoning...Is that not zinc roof and cement wall i am seeing there shocked introduced to Africans by Europeans.
Olodo rapata

Show ancient building im go dey show me recent building.

Oh I don forget Yoruba's invented zinc roof before kahl friedrich schincel. Hahahaha

U nor get talk abeg..u just fully exposed ur dumbness

Hahahaha, the one you have is from your father's gallery not online. Can online bring what does not exist?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by FreeIgbos: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2021
wizzakosh:
I didn't want to comment before until I see this. I believed you read comment from the first page but turned blind eyes to your idiotic fellow osu with inferiority complex that claimed to be yoruba just to drag yorubas into the thread.

Beside, the person you quoted is a northerner.

But as usual, you must play the victim you people are known for.

I spit on you.

I spit sputum on you for being so unfortunate. Look at this abobaku crying and still saying another person is playing victim. Typical scarified face afonja.

Tufiakwa!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2021
TAO11:
Dig? Lol.

These are basic stuffs. You are clearly meeting me for the first time.

This proves my point again. cheesy

In the mid/late-1900s when those materials were already available, Igbos were still stuck with mud, stick and leaf for shelter.

Mid/late-1900s!! shocked What a shame on the Igbo race!!

IF you show me an ancient Igbo building, I will do the same.

You can’t provide me with photographs of best Igbo structures from the 1900s, and the request in the same breath that I provide you with photographs of the best Yoruba structures from the 1800s.

Does that even make sense to you?

What you call ancient Igbo buildings are from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the first two attachments)

While what you call recent Yoruba buildings are also from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the last two attachments).

The same period, yet one looks feeble and uninspiring; while the other looks modern and recent.

That’s the whole point I was making. Thanks for making my point. cheesy

No, we didn’t invent zinc. I was embarrassing you with the gap between Yoruba and Igbos during the same period.

Your best Igbo structures (attached by your brother) were from the 1900s.

I also attached our Yoruba structures also from the 1900s (the same period) just to highlight the gap.

If you request photograph of best Yoruba structures from the 1800s, then you must provide photographs of best Igbo structures also from the 1800s.

You can’t provide Igbo-1900s, and expect Yoruba-1800s for comparison.

To request such double standard is to be admitting already that the Yorubas are superior to your people.

Cheers!
Cc: theFilmtric
Gbam. He provided 1900 for igbos, and want you to bring 1600 for yorubas.
What a dunce he is.

If you must produce 1600, he too must provide 1600 for igbo.

Let us see what both yorubas and igbo get in 1600 grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2021
FreeIgbos:

I spit sputum on you for being so unfortunate. Look at this abobaku crying and still saying another person is playing victim. Typical scarified face afonja.

Tufiakwa!!!
Hahahaha, in the history of the world, everyone knows the tribe that practice osu, that is those use as sacrifice to a useless god.

They can't dine and wine with free born

They can't have a party with free born,

They are less human mainly for sacrifice.

That is what your tribe is known for.

So do I look like you osu.

You ordinary sacrifice meat for one outdated wortheless statue called harmadioha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2021
SIRmanjar:
[s]Im be like say u do night vigil untop this thread..Dem don school u finish use u dey catch Cruz.U still dey here dey form intellect.Abi dem swear give u? [/s]
I feel your pain. Hold fast to God. Suicide is not an option. This too shall pass. grin

Attachment 1 — ‘Best’ Igbo building in 1973.

Attachment 2 — ‘Best’ Yoruba building in 1964.

Ndi-Igbo is a disgrace! cheesy
————

PS: The photographs of Igbo buildings attached by your brother (including the one here) are from the 1900s.

Cc: theFilmtric, wizzakosh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
[s]These are pictures of ancient Nubia and kush before and when they mingled with Egypt..Some of them moved around semi unclad becose they were comfortable with it not becos they weren't civilized.In fact they were more brilliant than the hykso,Assyria controlled Egypt in terms of astrology, medicine, architecture, agriculture and co[/s]
How you look at those images you attached and call them a nation of semi-unclad people still beats me.

How you look at those group of people who have long come to the knowledge of textile and clothing, and compare them with Igbos who only stumbled upon textile and clothing barely 200 years again still beats me.

Are you naturally a dunce, or you’re feigning dumb just to lessen the harshness of the criticism you’d get?

Cheers!

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 12:31pm On Jun 30, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
[s]Are u still quoting that guy..He argues for a living,except maybe u want to while away time with him.
Ancient Nubians and kush were semi clad.The ones that were fully clad were the ones that mingled with the Egyptians the period thehyksos from the east conquered and ruled Egypt.

Below are sculptures of ancient Nubian Candace and kings that ruled Nubia,before they later mingled with Egypt ruled hyksos.They influenced Egypt and Egypt influenced them[/s]
Only a dum.b dum.b like you would look at the general corpus of painting & sculptures of the ancient Egyptians, Nubians, and the Kushites, etc. and reach the conclusion that they are a nation of unclad or semi-clad people.

Stop disgracing Igbos online.

The decontextualized images showing some naked women does not imply that the society is unclad or semi-clad. Slave maidens are almost always naked in all ancient cultures.

On the flip, the general images/paintings shows them as clothed people. The few decontextualized images of some naked slave-maidens can not overturn the general depiction.

And how males clothed with textiles around their lower bodies translates to a nation of semi-unclad people still remains a mystery to me till now.

In any case, ndi-Igbo was still a nation of stark n@ked
savages swinging d!cks/b00bs from tree to tree only 200 — 300 years ago.

So, I don’t get where the comparison with Ife, Kush, Nubia, and Egypt is coming from.

And it remains a fundamental fact that a people who have not yet come to the discovery of clothing, or the knowledge of the [widespread] use of clothing, cannot possibly evolve a greater index of civilization.

I am moved to tears for ndi-Igbo.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:

U still dey qoute me?

The op showed u pictures already so no need to start digging up pictures. He showed u ancient and new pics..If u observe the pics closely u will notice that some recent structures were built with zinc roof..Zinc roof wey u dey use chest beat say na only Yoruba's get access to.Smh for u

U are chest beating that u guys have the best ancient architectural design in west Africa I said u should show me pics u go carry 60s pics come here dey bang ur chest.

I am talking ancient u are talking 60s.
Are you blind to read. Did they not write year from the year in the picture your brother posted. How can you call 1900 pictures as ancient.

Your brother showed 1900pic, TAO11 showed 1900pic and you are shouting.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2021
wizzakosh:
Are you blind to read. Did they not write year from the year in the picture your brother posted. How can you call 1900 pictures as ancient.

He is clearly afraid of making use of his 1kb brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
TAO11:
Why the shift from “unclad” to “semi-clad”?

Anyways, the figure does not depict a semi-clad male.

The lower part is covered in textiles from the waist to the legs. The upper part is covered in some elobarote beaded regalia.

Yes, at that period, Igbos were swinging n@ked from tree to tree.

Provide the evidence for where this claim was made if you wish to be taken seriously.

Change? LMAO!

Change means switching from “unclad” to “semi-clad” as you’ve done here. That’s you, not me.

Prove that I changed anything if you wish to be taken seriously.

Cheers!
Wicked boy. I like how you are knocking those secondary school boys

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2021
BOOZELEE:

Omo I am seeing something that look like android phone on the hand of that statue.. So Yoruba's discovered android phone?
Trying changing narrative and you want to be taken seriously. Show the ancient building of igbo in 18centutry.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Emary(f): 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
wizzakosh:
Keep shut and read one of your bastard brothers called yorubas into the thread by claiming yoruba. Why do you people like playing victim. I am sure you are part of those that liked his comment but come here to play victim.

TAO11, ride on bro. Kill them with more pix.

I know people like you tell their mothers to shut up at home so I don't expect anything better from you.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2021
TAO11:
I feel your pain. Hold fast to God. Suicide is not an option. This too shall pass. grin

Attachment 1 — ‘Best’ Igbo building in 1973.

Attachment 2 — ‘Best’ Yoruba building in 1964.

Ndi-Igbo is a disgrace! cheesy
————

PS: The photographs of Igbo buildings attached by your brother (including the one here) are from the 1900s.

Ride on. I am enjoying you.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Emary:

I know people like you tell their mothers to shut up at home so I don't expect anything better from you.
I am not igbo like you. Only igbo children do that. Hope you are ok now.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Emary(f): 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
wizzakosh:
I am not igbo like you. Only igbo children do that. Hope you are ok now.

Oh, no. l have friends and relatives from different tribes and even nationalities. It's definitely not a function of one's tribe but simply poor upbringing, mannerlessness and lack of class, all of which unfortunately cannot be imbibed into you so late in life.

You're just too small and pathetic or you wouldn't hide behind the umbrella of tribalism to insult people. How many of us can count all our ancestors beyond 6 or 7 generations back? How do you know if some of the blood flowing through your veins isn't from the people you spew so much hate for? It just emphasizes your ignorance when you speak like this.

I just pray for enlightenment to begin to touch you and your peers.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2021
TAO11:
Only a dum.b dum.b like you would look at the general corpus of painting & sculptures of the ancient Egyptians, Nubians, and the Kushites, etc. and reach the conclusion that they are a nation of unclad or semi-clad people.

Stop disgracing Igbos online.

The decontextualized images showing some naked women does not imply that the society is unclad or semi-clad. Slave maidens are almost always naked in all ancient cultures.

On the flip, the general images/paintings shows them as clothed people. The few decontextualized images of some naked slave-maidens can not overturn the general depiction.

And how males clothed with textiles around their lower bodies translates to a nation of semi-unclad people still remains a mystery to me till now.

In any case, ndi-Igbo was still a nation of stark n@ked
savages swinging d!cks/b00bs from tree to tree only 200 — 300 years ago.

So, I don’t get where the comparison with Ife, Kush, Nubia, and Egypt is coming from.

And it remains a fundamental fact that a people who have not yet come to the discovery of clothing, or the knowledge of the [widespread] use of clothing, cannot possibly evolve a greater index of civilization.

I am moved to tears for ndi-Igbo.

This goat is back.

Im be like say u don chop bellefull this afternoon again. cheesy

Vamoose joor I don tell u wetin I don tell u..Take it or leave it

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2021
wizzakosh:

Who u be?Which psychiatric hospital u escape from

If u don't know the genesis of our argument stay away sad

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hausa's wey get the best architectural structure and civilization up north no brag

Binis wey get the best down south no brag na this gbegiri culture wey dey leave for cave dey brag here since.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by CovenHighPriest: 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2021
rhektor:

Had you guys been writing your lies about Igbo alone and not mentioned Yoruba in your quest for importance TAO11 would walk past this thread of lies but you shot yourselves in the face by trying to add Yoruba to your ignorance. Next time just open your thread and lie to yourselves and your friends don't try to mention Yoruba in the same thread in comparison with your savage tribe

Show me where the OP added Yoruba people in his write up

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (28) (Reply)

LP Replies Tinubu Over Threat Of Anarchy, Reveals Next Move / Amaechi's Schools In Port Harcourt / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.