Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? (5938 Views)

Poll: Under what circumstance is it acceptable for a man to hit a woman?

Under no circumstance should a man hit a woman: 31% (5 votes)
A man can hit a woman in self-defense from physical abuse: 68% (11 votes)
A man can hit a woman in elf-defense from verbal abuse: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

A MUST READ!!! She Slap U...what U Gonna Do??? ;-) / If You Are Wooing A Lady And She Slap You / When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by LordReed(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2011
Regardless of where the slapping takes place. The response should not be to slap back. Under certain circumstances even if a man slaps another man I would advocate that the response should not be to slap back.

Fighting especially in public doesn't bring out the best in us. Except for threat to life most violence is uncalled for.
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by ShyOne(f): 1:42pm On May 09, 2011
@ Inked - great piggy back -- no pun taken

That is why you ALWAYS NEED TO BE AWARE of where you are - EVEN MORE SO if you are a black male.  America is white owned - at this particular point in time.  Here they will dog-walk you if you hit a woman whether she hit you first or not.

I know it is hard to walk away - you see some of my own responses in past situations here on NL on some threads where I refused to walk away.  But hey - you live and you learn.  If you live and you don't learn - I pity the fool.

[b]habit holds hands with repetitive actions[/b]AT ALL TIMES.  Hitting back is "habit forming" - what you do BEHIND CLOSED DOORS 9 times out of 10, you will do in public.  A male needs to put that in check behind closed doors as well which will be EVEN HARDER.  We are ALWAYS WATCHED.  God watches you in private and God and Man watches you in public.  A male needs to conduct himself ON THE STREET as though he is in on national television, because our actions are televised one way or the other.

You never know who knows you, who will spot you on the street today and be the employer that interviews you for a job tomorrow.  Or a fantastic husband or wife material that you spot today--who already spotted you through a window last week showing your azz. in the street (she hit me first)----they might not have seen the first hit but what hit them was their decision to avoid you and your lack of control.

I adore the black men in my family and I am ALWAYS TELLING THEM to be aware and to form habits that will be second nature for their protection and their success.  They will lock you up so fast here especially with the violence against women - even if to ALL she is wrong - the courts will say she is right.  I don't want to see my family members or male friends incarcerated or with a criminal record.

You HAVE TO OUTSMART them for your own protection.  There are definitely some women that will constantly push your buttons and set you up out of jealousy, rage and in efforts to "hold on to a man and/or punish a man."  Many of these women White, AA that I have met in the U.S. - unbelieveable - smh.  White women love to scream and play the victim and AA women love to fight and act a fool (a very large majority).  I tell my male family members all the time - don't play into her hands - a slap is ONE second in time - learn to look beyond that moment for your own sake.  Flight is the appropriate response --- freedom should be more important than YOUR EGO saving-face.

Freedom to dictate your image is CRITICAL for your success.  Do you want to be known as a woman beater publically?  That image is like bad credit - it will take years to correct.  First impressions stay with the mind for a very long time and has buried many a person.

As far as Nigeria and being Nigerian and living in Nigeria and how it is different in Nigeria, etc. etc.  That's good and all if you plan on dying in Nigeria and never leaving the country.  But if you want to cross the Nigerian border to other countries - basically what you do in Nigeria, you will do elsewhere - You are the key to your success and your failure.  What door are you going to walk through?  Don't choose traits that are venomous to your future.
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by beejaei: 1:45pm On May 09, 2011
@Shy-One
Its by responses like yours we know who are the matured minds. Thanks for being an example of how to respond to naughty people.

@beejaei
Shy-one's response to you shows you up as an immature n rude fellow. Take a cue.

If the guy had responded like Shy-One I bet you he'd be a lil star by now instead he's just a label- The Man Who Slapped So n So, nothing accomplished.

@Shy-One and Lord-Reed

I give up on both of you since you obviously have bricks for brains and are incapable of simple logic. So you are criticizing the man by making conjectures about what could have been if he restrained himself? Wharra hell? All of that you wrote, Shy-One, were just a product of your imagination. It may or may not have happened irrespective of the man's actions and so are not a tenable basis for the man's choice of action. THat is like saying if a man steals from me, I should not do anything because I do not know what will happen e.g the good Lord may bring death upon him on my behalf,  or he may hit a pole and fall in a ditch, or he may also be robbed an lose what he has stolen etc. Pray tell what is my business with what may happen to the man afterwards? My only concern is how to get back my stolen goods by any means necessary. IN the same way, the man's only concern was to defend himself from physical abuse. Why the phock will he be thinking about book deals, and her sponsors, and giving interviews at such a time?

Mehn you guys are ridiculous. I have to ask again: how old are you mental pygmies?
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On May 09, 2011
It is amazing that SOME of you guys fell for the okey dokey. Oh well. I guess time is aplenty.
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by jaybee3(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2011
What the difference between this thread and the "Is it right to hit a woman" thread?
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by MrsChima(f): 1:57pm On May 09, 2011
Exactly, Jaybee. That why I said some of them fell for the okey dokey. SMH.
Re: How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? by jaybee3(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2011

(1) (2) (3)

Photos: If You Were At This Beach, What Would You Have Been Looking At? / I Am Devastated. My Kid Sis Who Went To Lagos To Work Has Given Birth / Help Me:- Am Addicted To P0rn &mastur’bation – What Should I Do To Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.