Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) (46328 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video) / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Obrigardo: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
bony parts, fleshy parts, milky parts..

You all pushing these useless doctrines are cowards
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by phemmyfour: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Confessing your sins will not get you free from sin either. You still have to work your way through freeing yourself from sin as Jesus Christ told you in John 8 vs 31 - 39. undecided

It is only by KNOWING(trusting and obeying) the Truth (the teachings and laws of Jesus Christ) that you can be set free from bondage to sin. No other way! undecided
ITK, Confessing your sin is the first step in the journey
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by zabuur: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
Always the ones to determine who goes to hell or not.

I believe in Prophet Isa (Jesus) Alaesallatu Wasallam. He is a prophet of Allah, a messenger of Allah. I dare not disrespect or abuse him. I believe in his existence.

But, he is not my Lord and savior. He was a creature of the Lord Almighty.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
sonofElElyon:

The man was not clear in his delivery. What he was essentially trying to say is faith in Jesus gives you power over sin. So what you really need is faith in Jesus, not your own self righteousness...

He can't mean that a christian is free to commit sin.. the problem is his presentation
That is wrong though! Sin is disobedience of God's commandments and so in this case, the only way to defeat sin is to choose obedience of God's comandments/rules instead of disobedience. And this is what Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 7 vs 24 -29 and John 8 vs 31 - 39. undecided

Sin is not magically poofed away. It is born of a choice made in disobedience and only by choosing obedience can anyone be set free from sin. undecided
L
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
phemmyfour:
ITK, Confessing your sin is the first step in the journey
Ask the millions who have confessed and are still grinding deep in sin how that first step has helped them become sin free? undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by forgiveness: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Confirm.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by hupernikao: 9:06pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your pastor is wrong! Jesus died for the sins of those sinners of the Old Covenant in order to release them from that Covenant and its obligation. undecided

Firstly, you are answering question directed to another person.

Secondly, you didn't even address what was asked. You need to focus on the question asked.

So, I will ask you a personal question.

Are you righteous, that's is by what you do daily, you can boldly claim you meet God's requirement of righteousness and qualify by your very daily action.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by deking(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Benstino:
I don't even wanna waste my time on ABEL and the multitude he's leading to hell. I've engaged in that for long such that it's already tiring . One thing is sure. Many hyper-grace preachers will send more souls to hell, more than every other entity.This is because this generation desperately desires to believe anything that'll still allow them to enjoy the pleasures of sin. Let me just point you guys to some scriptures.

1st JOHN 3 VS 9-10
"Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of GOD"
[10]So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.

So,can you see it? When people do not live righteously, that means that're living in sinfulness. When that happens, Jesus himself says that they do not belong to HIM. They belong to hell!

NOW let me go to another scripture.
Hebrews 10:26-27
Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins.
There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.

Have you see there? When someone continues to live a lifestyle of sinfulness, even the sacrifice of Jesus doesn't cover him.

Let's go to another place.
Galatians 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Have you seen there? Sowing to the flesh is a life of sinfulness and the reward is the opposite of ETERNAL LIFE. it's eternal damnation.

Sin is what leads people to hell, and unbelief is also sin, same with dining in Carnality. The words "unbelief" and "unfaithfulness" are derived from the same Greek word "Apistia". So, "apistia (unbelief, unfaithfulness) " leads people to hell and "apistia" is a sin.

Let me just create a balance here. A true Believer cannot go to hell because no true believer continues sinning as a lifestyle. We all make mistakes, even a true Believer. But such lifestyle is not consistent with him. Even when he sins, he's quick to repent of such, and the Jesus got him covered for He (Jesus) is the propitiation for the sin of such a person. But when someone continues to sin, intentionally and on consistent basis, be he a pastor, Evangelist, Prophet or Rabbi, damnation waits for him.

You are contradicting yourself because you are quoting scriptures you have not understood.

The teaching is to point everyone's attention to the fact that Salvation starts and ends with and in Christ. Anything else cannot give you salvation.

My question to you is what does 1st JOHN 3 VS 9-10
"Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of GOD" mean.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Otyemmanuel(m): 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
Ladies and Gentlemen with all due respect , what I Heard here with my Ears is PURE GRAMMAR and Could Cost u your Soul. .

Sin is what will Hinder us From Heaven.
Unbelief in Jesus Christ on its own is a Sin. It will hinder us. Revelation 21:8

Fornication, Adultery, any form of Immorality are Sins. They will hinder us.

Malice, Jealousy, idle words are sins. They will hinder us from Heaven.

Cultism, idol worship, murder, abortion, lgbt are sins. They will hinder us.

Every form of Unrighteousness is Sin. They will hinder us.

What will give us access to Heaven is Confessing our sins to GOD, Repenting from dem, Surrender and Believe in JESUS Christ.

Even after Salvation, we need to repent from every sin we fall into and ask GOD for mercy.

These are the Last days! Be careful of what and who you listen to. Heaven and Hell are Real. Eternity is a Personal race.

Isaiah 59:1-2, Isaiah 35:8-10, 1 John 3:8-9, 1Peter1:15-16, Revelation 21:8, Rev 21:27, Romans 1:21-32, 1Cor 6:9-10, Romans 6:1

If you do not understand spiritual things deeper than you , ask questions. The death of Christ covered all.sin past present and future. The only thing that can take A man to hell is rejection of the gospel. With all due respect me righteousness you need to he schooled in the deeper things of the scriptures.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by hupernikao: 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Naijayouth:
I am not righteous, my righteousness is as filthy rags. But to say sin cannot take a person to hell is not true. I've been going through a lot of challenges lately which has really wrecked my faith, but I will never stop asking God for mercy. Should I close my eyes in death in this situation, hmmmn.

Now, note that bold above

With that you are just one minute away from hell, you will be rejected for life in God's presence since your righteousness is what God seek and you know you are filthy. You are heading to hell. I hope you know that and accept it.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by adedayourt(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But He is wrong ! So? undecided

To you, he is wrong.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Acidosis(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
He's 100% correct. The problem here is that most of you don't read. You only read sensational headlines and draw a conclusion.

Pay attention to the message, you'll understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by phemmyfour: 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ask the millions who have confessed and are still grinding deep in sin how that first step has helped them become sin free? undecided
Doesn't change the fact that it was and still the first step.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by almarthins(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Righteousness2:

No Matter the audience you are talking to.
You can't tell people that sin will not take you to Hell.
That is Unscriptural

Abeg help us tell am again. Hal Lindsey - Satan is alive and well on planet Earth. Each I remember this book. I have no doubt that some people are actually Satan personified.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
deking:

You are contradicting yourself because you are quoting scriptures you have not understood.

The teaching is to point everyone's attention to the fact that Salvation starts and ends with and in Christ. Anything else cannot give you salvation.

My question to you is what does 1st JOHN 3 VS 9-10
"Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of GOD" mean.

You don't jump in and ask that question. You tell me what you think it means because it seems you don't.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by sonofElElyon: 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is wrong though! Sin is disobedience of God's commandments and so in this case, the only way to defeat sin is to choose obedience of God's comandments/rules instead of disobedience. And this is what Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 7 vs 24 -29 and John 8 vs 31 - 39. undecided

Sin is not magically poofed away. It is born of a choice made in disobedience and only by choosing obedience can anyone be set free from sin. undecided
L

But "our righteousness is like filthy rags".. "as many as believe on Him "Jesus", to them He gave power to become the sons of God". That power is the Holy Spirit. Power to overcome sin (the Holy Spirit) comes from first accepting Jesus genuinely and having faith in Him. No one can overcome sin but his own power..
Of course you must first repent of your sins and resolve to forsake them.. you will then receive power to overcome sin
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Jul 02, 2021
Otyemmanuel:

If you do not understand spiritual things deeper than you , ask questions. The death of Christ covered all.sin past present and future. The only thing that can take A man to hell is rejection of the gospel. With all due respect me righteousness you need to he schooled in the deeper things of the scriptures.
Wrong! The death of Jesus Christ had nothing to do with covering of your sins in Jesus Christ whether past, present or future. You have been lied to by these men, I can see. undecided

Those who will end up in hell all believe in Jesus Christ and are saved as well - instead of Death, they all have eternal life. What they do wrong is that they refuse to obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ by which sin is defined. undecided

Yes, sin refers to choices made in disobedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ and it is for this reason that those who will be in hell will be there. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by YurFatHer: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
is hell of different kind coz I confuse
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Toni19: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
Try and understand the statement.
Jesus didn't preach church when He was on earth. He only said believe in the work of God. They asked what is the work of God. He replied, believe in who He has sent. Believe in me.
Believing in Jesus is different from you being a Christian (I know that will be too much for you to understand) but let me simplify it.
Sin separates one from God and the sin of not believing in Jesus Christ. The Bible says For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that
1.WHOSOEVER... Anyone from any background even a criminal
2. BELIEVE in HIM... It doesn't matter who you are just believe
3. Should not perish (Original purpose of salvation)
4. But HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. The end result of believing Jesus.

Ayo2004:

So being a non-Christian is a sin
You and common sense are like parallel lines

Majority of Christians in Nigeria commit sins the most,make una dey deceive your self with agbaya Christianity
Religion should be banned in this gullible country

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Jul 02, 2021
adedayourt:
To you, he is wrong.
Not to me.. this Man's teaching here has nothing to do with that which was taught by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2021
sonofElElyon:

But "our righteousness is like filthy rags".. "as many as believe on Him "Jesus", to them He gave power to become the sons of God". That power is the Holy Spirit. Power to overcome sin (the Holy Spirit) comes from first accepting Jesus genuinely and having faith in Him. No one can overcome sin but his own power..
Of course you must first repent of your sins and resolve to forsake them.. you will then receive power to overcome sin
Our righteousness is like filthy rags because it is tainted by our sins. Sin is what makes us dirty/filthy in the sight of God and it taints everything else we have to offer to God as well. undecided

Read Isaiah 64 vs 6 in context to better understand what Isaiah was saying please.

As for overcoming sin, first you need to understand that sin is the choice you make to disobey God's comandments/rules as given to you by Jesus Christ. And according to Jesus Christ in John 8 vs 31 - 39,the only way to overcome sin is to chose obedience instead of disobedience. undecided
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Mftivi: 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2021
Righteousness2:
Ladies and Gentlemen with all due respect , what I Heard here with my Ears is PURE GRAMMAR and Could Cost u your Soul. .

Unbelief in Jesus Christ on its own is a Sin. It will hinder us. Revelation 21:8

Fornication, Adultery, any form of Immorality are Sins. They will hinder us.

What will give us access to Heaven is Confessing our sins to GOD, Repenting from dem, Surrender and Believe in JESUS Christ.

Even after Salvation, we need to repent from every sin we fall into and ask GOD for mercy.

These are the Last days! Be careful of what and who you listen to. Heaven and Hell are Real. Eternity is a Personal race.

Isaiah 59:1-2, Isaiah 35:8-10, 1 John 3:8-9, 1Peter1:15-16, Revelation 21:8, Rev 21:27, Romans 1:21-32, 1Cor 6:9-10, Romans 6:1
who knows how many years you don carry Bible but can’t even understand what is in it. If your hope of salvation is in your works and not faith in Christ you are going to hell.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
I know that preachers do make mistakes from time to time, but this is a very costly mistake. Feels so sad to see this, so so pathetic. Someone should correct this man asap. lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by sonofElElyon: 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Our righteousness is like filthy rags because it is tainted by our sins. Sin is what makes us dirty/filthy in the sight of God and it taints everything else we have to offer to God as well. undecided

Read Isaiah 64 vs 6 in context to better understand what Isaiah was saying please.

No problem.. your argument appears to be that you can overcome sin without the Holy Spirit which faith in Christ can only give.. if that is the case then you are guilty of heresy.. hope you are not of this opinion
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Herrick: 9:19pm On Jul 02, 2021
Haaaa! End time pastor grin grin grin

I refuse to be confused.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
sonofElElyon:

No problem.. your argument appears to be that you can overcome sin without the Holy Spirit which faith in Christ can only give.. if that is the case then you are guilty if heresy
Jesus Christ said only those who have overcome sin can have the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God cannot occupy that which is filthy with sin - john 14 vs 20 - 21 undecided

So you have yourself quite a conundrum there, dont you think, if you expect the Holy Spirit to help you make better choices as regards sin when He is waiting for you to first overcome sin by making better choices on your own before He can then step in, being holy as He is, to become your Helper in finally doing God's own Will. undecided

Whenever you are ready to get free from sin, begin by doing what Jesus Christ told you to do in John 8 vs 31 - 39. KNOW the TRUTH, this through submitting to and obeying Jesus Christ's own teachings and commandments- and the Truth will set you free from bondage to sin. Only after that will the Spirit of God then come as your other helper - John 14 vs 23 - 26
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Emu4life(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
damosky12:

You are so free from sin?
You are so perfect?
You don't need God's grace in Christ for the remission of your sins?
You trust so much in your ability, religious works, ceremonial washings to save you eternally?

Think through. Don't try to trade words. Just think.
Man is created WEAK according to the Creator. However, we as Muslims don't believe that someone has to die for our sins for us to be saved.
The creator knows we are weak and he always stress in the scriptures that we should do and enjoin good to the best of our ability and forbid evil to the best of abilities. Our disabilities and ills he has promised to forgive us as he is the best of forgivers, the most merciful( Infact, this is the most loved name by the supreme)

AL-QUR'AN
Al-Hijr(The Rock) 15vs49. Tell My servants that I am indeed the Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;
Al-Nahl(The Bee) 16vs18. If ye would count up the favours of Allah, never would ye be able to number them: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

There are hundreds of similar verses in the Quran(Allahu Akbar)

Come to think of it, some Christians believe Jesus is God. So if Jesus is God and he died for the sins of the world, did he die as a man or as God?? (This is rhetorical in this case though)
To the Muslims, Jesus is just another Prophet/messenger of Allah (as he confirmed himself in the scriptures ) and he has come with same message of Worshipping The Creator alone without associating partners to him, doing good and forbidding evil. Period
As Muslims what we always wish for is The Creator's Mercy, blessings and favor as these are what will save us on the day of recompense. Thank you.
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by kingxsamz(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2021
Religion of confusion. grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Achorise: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
Righteousness2:

Fornication, Adultery, any form of Immorality are Sins. They will hinder us.can a clean Muslim Make heaven?
Please this heaven what is the basics of making it?
Why did the bible say God was in Christ reconciling men

Fornication, Adultery, any form of Immorality are Sins. They will hinder us.can a clean Muslim Make heaven?
Why did the bible say God was in Christ reconciling men

can a clean Muslim Make heaven?
Why did the bible say God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself not counting people’s sin against them.
Can a little born baby or child be a sinner
At what point is one called a sinner?
Why did the bible say for this purpose was the son manifested that he might destroy the works of Satan which is sin.?
Can one be � perfect??without an iota of sin.
If someone fall into sin by mistake must he go to hell?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Abel Damina: Sin Cannot Take A Person To Hell (Video) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 02, 2021
This is a very sensitive message which only mature Christians like us can understand. Not for the feeble and carnally minded.

Paul was careful in delivering this message. That was why he said, "shall we continue in sin that grace may abound"? God forbid. It's very deep.

Thank you Jesus.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

How To Totally Overcome Spirit Wife & Husband. / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating / Woman Collapses, Dies In Christ Apostolic Church Lagos, After 10-Day Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.