Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure (49030 Views)

How Much Will This Structure Cost? Land Already Available / Anyone With An Idea Of How Much It'll Cost To Build This Structure / What Is This Structure Used For At Awolowo Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Adegunle4(m): 9:38pm On Mar 07, 2023
ZINNYBANKS:

Youre through with it already just remaining few touches. So when you're through with it we should be looking at 50m if not more right ??
Yeah, for this particular project because it also has a BQ , gazebo and a swimming pool.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by henribj(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2023
Killermamba:

Oga stop giving figures anyhow, ask the location first. If na lekki or ikoyi where I build that figure is a child's play

Good evening, if you need sand, or conveying of sand to your building location, let me know. Thank you.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by opeey(m): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2023
martyns303:
Hi guys, please I am seeking advice from professional builders here, I understand the values are not definite, but a rough idea and range will really help. many thanks.
This will cost you between. 35-40m depending on the area you are building the structure.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:58pm On Mar 07, 2023
adekennis:

Pls how much do you think will finish the attached design 26ft by 32ft on a 40 by 50 plot of land

Ir should be around #21million , depending on the type of finishing you are introducing as the client or if you are the contractor, ask the cliemt exactly what he requires , so you want underestimate or over estimate but basically, this is the work of a Quantity surveyour who does the estimate at different levels .....
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Adegunle4(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
there are many factors to consider in this kind of situation

Cost of land
Where u are sourcing materials
Kind of materials
Any added features aside this
Professionals to do the work
Quality of materials
Supervision ( it will cost less if u supervise it yourself than giving it out to a contractor)
Location of d project

N many factors

All these things must b put in place before talking about d total price cos u can build this on a land bought with 5 million n u can also do d same for a land bought with 100 million

I hope u get my point

Lmao… he should supervise the structure by himself …. That’s very funny tbh… you see a building with so many structural details to be considered like this and you said he should supervise it by himself… bet it would be a penny wise … idea
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Godwin4444: 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2023
Adegunle4:

Lmao… he should supervise the structure by himself …. That’s very funny tbh… you see a building with so many structural details to be considered like this and you said he should supervise it by himself… bet it would be a penny wise … idea
I know what I am talking about

He should supervise it himself with only trusted hands cos if he should give it to contractor he should b willing to pay thrice of d cost coupled with d fact that even workers on site will run him street

U don see where them load materials for site for night n d following day u no meet any again

I am talking about first hand experience with these people, they will run u down if u ain’t wise

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Adegunle4(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2023
Godwin4444:
I know what I am talking about

He should supervise it himself with only trusted hands cos if he should give it to contractor he should b willing to pay thrice of d cost coupled with d fact that even workers on site will run him street

U don see where them load materials for site for night n d following day u no meet any again

I am talking about first hand experience with these people, they will run u down if u ain’t wise

I still disagree with you in some sense anyway…
He can be in charge of the material procurement and site inventory…. But definitely not the construction… don’t make that mistake.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by kelvinli2(m): 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2023
First what are the contents you need inside (duplex of 4 Bedroom and 2 palour do you have a land already
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by aloziedaya(m): 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2023
This house will swallow N40m with ease. I'm talking from experience

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Dony19(m): 1:50am On Mar 08, 2023
90M
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by truthisgood: 2:00am On Mar 08, 2023
martyns303:
Hi guys, please I am seeking advice from professional builders here, I understand the values are not definite, but a rough idea and range will really help. many thanks.

Anyone quoting any amount here is joking because there is no guide line,in the sense that op didn't state the total length, weath,how many rooms and parlours,there measurements,will each room have it's own toilet and bathroom,will it carry tiles or just plastering etc....so at least with the mentioned you can estimate minus plus what it can take.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by DrDeuce: 5:51am On Mar 08, 2023
Beautiful design.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by vosquare: 5:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
Microwhy:

Which school?.... abi, don't bother. You're still a student you said.
Instead of you to take up the challenge and ask questions, then come-up with a solution. Analyse the datas you collected and then tell us at what angle he can slope the Roof, what should be the dimensions of the gutter with respect to roof surface area, the diameter of the waste pipes with respect to volume of water that will take the rain water from the gutter to connecting chambers on the ground floor etc..
That's why he said " I stand to be corrected". He explained to his level of being a student and not a professional.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by NohurryInLife: 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
highchief1:
bros material too cost.25m for this house na manamegmemt sef
I swear. Better management. Everything just cost anyhow these days walahi.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by solomonjac(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2023
Thank you so much for all your insights and contributions
Please I want to replicate this on 60 by 120 plot
It's a 3bedroom plus 2 mini flat plan.
Dimension is 10 meter by 26 meter.
Am a newbies and lack any experience in building.
Please what should I budget for the foundation.
I don't mind if I can get a breakdown of the stage by stage cost foundation to DCP.
I WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by AutoshalomUSA: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2023
I was about to correct you , your theory is not wrong from the ordinary eyes . But a builder you can design and build anything anywhere , just design for the elements, Sun, Rain , Wind , or Snow . This design is similar to family house in PH , yes with American design , open patios with flat roof . The wind blows the rains into the patios just like it would anywhere , and that’s it , the water drains away from patio . Low maintenance, no ugly pyramid roofing design . Very modern and clean house .

It will be useless to quote this house with no building plan, foundation plan , types of materials , types of finishes , skill level of contractors …. quote author=TheEnygma post=103538289]
That building plan is probably of American design, if you build such a house in a place with high rainfall like PH, then the occupants of the house will suffer because in these part of the world, you need to build a house with a proper roof to cover up the building properly to protect the residents and the aesthetics (paint, tiles, wood finish etc), so the building plan isn't really ideal for the location.....i'm still an architectural student so I stand to be corrected...[/quote]
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2023
martyns303:

location is PH, wont there a solution to the rain issue
Knowing what I know as my Building is in PH, that house minus land will set you back 20 to 25M depending on your taste of finishing,let me give you a basic Idea,My bathroom has set me back more than One Million Naira in interior just my bathroom..
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by AutoshalomUSA: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hello comrade . Honestly this is a very bad building design . Just look at it carefully. You’ll notice there is no egress , fire exit , cross-ventilation . Occupants here will be jammed in tight , poor air circulation , overall poor aesthetics. Break it up and add some adjoining common areas.
I dont blame some of ourNigerian AutoCAD architects , lack of understanding building principles, exposure , and expertise makes them produce inferior and unsustainable building plans for clients who don’t know any better . I blame the Building and Professional Societies for not properly regulating the building industry. So many quacks, incompetence, and dubious builders on the loose .

solomonjac:
Thank you so much for all your insights and contributions
Please I want to replicate this on 60 by 120 plot
It's a 3bedroom plus 2 mini flat plan.
Dimension is 10 meter by 26 meter.
Am a newbies and lack any experience in building.
Please what should I budget for the foundation.
I don't mind if I can get a breakdown of the stage by stage cost foundation to DCP.
I WILL SO MUCH APPRECIATE
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Dougad: 8:00pm On Feb 28
highchief1:
if I give u 15m u no fit build am I go kill u.do u agree?

🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by floshady02: 9:18pm On Mar 29
@facidio this comment was even in March 2023 when materials was costly but not as much as it is now in 2024. Am currently on a 4 bedroom bungalow and I’ve spent more than 5m on just foundation. (Granite 30tonnes-340k). (laterite 15 tonnes per trip-40,000). bought 16 trips of laterite and it wasnt up to anything. (2000pcs of 9inches block -550 each). (Cement 60 bags @9,700 each). (8mm Rods 20pcs- 120,000). , (sharp sand 30 tonnes 140k). (12mm Rods 35pcs-350,000). (Setting sand 4 trips 200k). To lay bricks the bricklayers charged 120 naira per block. (Binding wire- 15,000). (Quarter bag nails-9,000). (To bring the wood to site 10,000). (Iron bender workmanship 70,000). ( workmanship to pour the laterite inside the foundation, they charged 9,000 per trip of laterite). And much more. I hope prices of materials will go down since the dollar has gone down but I doubt it. But whether it goes down or not, we boycott those material selling greedy bas&$Ed’s it’s as simple as that.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by Facidio: 7:30am On Mar 30
floshady02:
@facidio this comment was even in March 2023 when materials was costly but not as much as it is now in 2024. Am currently on a 4 bedroom bungalow and I’ve spent more than 5m on just foundation. (Granite 30tonnes-340k). (laterite 15 tonnes per trip-40,000). bought 16 trips of laterite and it wasnt up to anything. (2000pcs of 9inches block -550 each). (Cement 60 bags @9,700 each). (8mm Rods 20pcs- 120,000). , (sharp sand 30 tonnes 140k). (12mm Rods 35pcs-350,000). (Setting sand 4 trips 200k). To lay bricks the bricklayers charged 120 naira per block. (Binding wire- 15,000). (Quarter bag nails-9,000). (To bring the wood to site 10,000). (Iron bender workmanship 70,000). ( workmanship to pour the laterite inside the foundation, they charged 9,000 per trip of laterite). And much more. I hope prices of materials will go down since the dollar has gone down but I doubt it. But whether it goes down or not, we boycott those material selling greedy bas&$Ed’s it’s as simple as that.

Things cheap for ur side o boss.
A 30ton granite in Warri now is 800k, a 20Ton sharp sand is 110k,....

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build This Structure by floshady02: 8:03am On Mar 30
@facidio Now, That’s something else. Granite is way too expensive in Warri.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) / Man Laments After His Wife Sold His House For ₦10 Million & Absconded (Video) / Aluminium or Stone coated Tiles? Things you should know before you roof ur house

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.