Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,387 members, 7,954,563 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? (18685 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2021
Church is already a comedy ground before now!
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Adakintroy: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Church is not for entertaining. Those can be sought for outside.

Some of the churches are trying too hard to make people happy. It's all about competition.

Tell them truth and stick to that. If they are hàppy or not is up to them. They will be better in the long run

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Bigzigg(m): 8:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Hell No
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by naijadrivablog: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2021
No. I see it as trading in the house of God.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by LegendaryLover(m): 8:30am On Jul 11, 2021
Some one has already said it up there... nothing wrong in it BUT the comedian shouldn't be a secular one

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Shigabs(m): 8:32am On Jul 11, 2021
Misplaced priority. If you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Masturbator2020: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

In Matthew 21:12, Jesus used koboko on people who were doing things other than prayerstudying the word of God in the temple.

It goes to show that any comedian who cracks a joke on the pulpit has just got himself a first class ticket to hell.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by samwash(m): 8:37am On Jul 11, 2021
Standup comedy is church is a no no .
The way these comedians crake their unholy jokes is uncalled for, it's like blasphemy.
Saying something like Bros J or Bros Jesus is very annoying & irritating to the ears

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by tunapawizzy: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2021
paxonel:
do you think that place in front of church is God's altar?
You must be joking.
God's altar is right inside you, not any building or construction in front of church.
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being.....
raise ur voice pls, let d people at d back hear u....wickedness in their hearts but the physical altar in church they treat like Gods private residence..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Ndipe(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2021
Church is a place of worship not a club.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Patrioticman007(m): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed I fully support it, the funniest one I heard was when a pastor said drove his vehicle from Ogun State to Lagos State without gas in the tank.

Na dem, yahoo clergy.

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by illicit(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2021
Pastors are comedians tho
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by henryobinna(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2021
No!
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 11, 2021
If you watch the antics of some pastors like Odumeje "the liquid metal" cheesy you'll realize that church is already a big stand-up comedy show.

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by iliyande(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2021
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
What's it for? Is church now a club House?
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Austeeenxx: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2021
I couldn't help meself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2021
It is good if it is for the glory of the Lord and if it is devoid of profane words.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by henryobinna(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2021
Monogamy:
There is nothing bad about that but the comedians shouldn't be secular comedians
is there anything as Gospel comedian or Gospel comedy?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by inumidun2010(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:
CHURCHES ARE NOW WHERE PEOPLE GO TO LOOK FOR BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND AND SHOWCASE THEIR NEW CLOTHES!

RELIGION IS A SCAM

This TABLE Wey u DEY SHAKE, If I FALL EHN.... I GO COMOT YOUR TEETH NOW NOW grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2021
Wetin concern stand up comedy with church
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by jaxxy(m): 8:48am On Jul 11, 2021
I didn’t come to church to laugh at dry jokes. No!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Agricaddict(m): 8:49am On Jul 11, 2021
What makes the difference e jowo, is indaboski not a comedian

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by OBALOLA55(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
christianity itself is a comedy on its own with funny things like talking snakes , talking donkeys , a piece of fruit confers knowledge, witches, magic tricks called miracles, demons cause disease, zombies get up out of their graves and walk around Jerusalem, ghost stories, creator of the universe coming down to be killed by three nails etc.
END OF DISCUSSION

1 Like

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by love2017(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2021
livette:
Some churches do stand up comedy. They invite comedians from outside, and possible within the church to crack some jokes on the altar.. To me, stand up comedy in church is ungodly and a sign of disrespect of the sacredness of God's altar. It is a mockery of the sanctity of God's altar. You don't tell jokes with some lies on God's altar. The altar of God is not for caricature, but for holy things that are pleasing to God.

What is your view?

I dont support it....
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Sunnycliff(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2021
No, it's evil. The house of God should be a place of sobriety, reflection and admonishing. Not a place to laugh, make jest of God's Altar and entertainment. The Altar is not a theatre.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by heniford2: 8:55am On Jul 11, 2021
I don't even know which one to believe again God or satan undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Fiscabally(m): 8:56am On Jul 11, 2021
Aye ti rapala won ti wo inu ijo,
Ijo pelu ti wa darapo mo Aye
Alabajo ti Jesu fi bere lojosi
"Un o ha ba Igbagbo Laye o, ti mo ba pada wa?"

3 Likes

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by ofiko123(m): 8:58am On Jul 11, 2021
What is wrong with having standup comedy in church??
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by breathelove(f): 8:58am On Jul 11, 2021
I always love to say, let's not add to the scriptures. We already know the commandments of God, no need to add new laws.
God has no commandment against wholesome comedy.
If it is a sin, he would have said so.
Don't be surprised God has a sense of humor.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2021
NEW GENERATION PASTORPRENEURS will destroy Christianity completely. That's their sole aim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Bighead95(m): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2021
The alter is right inside you........ You are free to do anything in the church so far it's just a gathering smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Tricks The Devil Can Use To Stop You From Succeeding / "I Want To Go To Heaven" - Olusegun Obasanjo / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.