Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? (18258 Views)

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? / Church Members Flog The Devil With Canes In Church (Pics, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2021
DeRichard:

The church started in the new testament when the disciples of Christ began to gather in one accord in a place.
If you read the epistles of apostle Paul well, you'll see that the church was a place where Christians gather to worship and apostle Paul gave different orders as to how we should worship in the church.

It's all in the new testament, if you have time try to read it and also believe the Bible.
What "Church" started in the book of Acts? Jesus Christ is the one who founded His Church and continues to build it with His own hands. undecided

In the book of Acts, we are told that the apostles whom we believe belonged to Jesus Christ's Church began in one accord because they were led by the Spirit of Truth(Jesus Christ) and of God Himself, not because men willed it so or had anything to do with it. undecided

Paul's letters was not written of Jesus Christ's own Church. Do not mistake any gathering of beljevers/ peoples(a church) as the Church belonging to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Montaque(m): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you arrive at the conclusion that it includes jesting ? undecided

Did Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God, declare that you are not to crack jokes in His Kingdom? undecided

A joke is idle. Has no practical use except to make you laugh. Its not the truth or the lie. Not meant to be taken seriously. What is more idle than that? Did Christ share any job recorded in the Bible?
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2021
Montaque:

A joke is idle. Has no practical use except to make you laugh. Its not the truth or the lie. Not meant to be taken seriously. What is more idle than that? Did Christ share any job recorded in the Bible?
Wait a minute...because a Joke is not meant to be taken seriously means it is "idle" chatter? Really? undecided

Cause I could pretty much reach the same conclusion on much of the conversations we engage in daily, if we are being honest here. undecided

About Jesus Christ not sharing a joke, Jesus Christ said we should do what He commmands of us, hence the reason why we are trying to understand what He meant by "idle" chatter. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What "Church" started in the book of Acts? Jesus Christ is the one who founded His Church and continues to build it with His own hands. undecided

In the book of Acts, we are told that the apostles whom we believe belonged to Jesus Christ's Church began in one accord because they were led by the Spirit of Truth(Jesus Christ) and of God Himself, not because men willed it so or had anything to do with it. undecided

Paul's letters was not written of Jesus Christ's own Church. Do not mistake any gathering of beljevers/ peoples(a church) as the Church belonging to Jesus Christ. undecided

I never said church is a will of man. It's definitely God that owns the church.
The church are people who are born again and have accepted Christ as their Lord and saviour and also they worship in a place called church, which is the house of God.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Here's a Bible passage to support what I said last:
1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

I never said church is a will of man. It's definitely God that owns the church.
The church are people who are born again and have accepted Christ as their Lord and saviour and also they worship in a place called church, which is the house of God.
Jesus Christ's own Church are made up of those who are Sons of God and not simply those who are born-again. undecided

What you describe is instead the churches that are assembled and run by men for the advancement of the kingdom of men which they belong to. That is not Christ's Church. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

Here's a Bible passage to support what I said last:
1 Timothy 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
The House of God inthe bible referred to the Temple which Jesus Christ tore down when He died. So there is no solid structure on this earth that is the House of God. undecided

Second, the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ is built by Jesus Christ and since Jesus Christ never built any solid structures, we are speaking instead of Church that is not seen by the eyes of humans. However it is instead in the hearts of those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ's own Church are made up of those who are Sons of God and not simply those who are born-again. undecided

What you describe is instead the churches that are assembled and run by men for the advancement of the kingdom of men which they belong to. That is not Christ's Church. undecided

Believe me, it's only people that are born again that are the church of God.
The true sons of God are those who have accepted Christ as Lord and saviour (those who believe in Christ).

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The House of God inthe bible referred to the Temple which Jesus Christ tore down when He died. So there is no solid structure on this earth that is the House of God. undecided

Second, the Church that belongs to Jesus Christ is built by Jesus Christ and since Jesus Christ never built any solid structures, we are speaking instead of Church that is not seen by the eyes of humans. However it is instead in the hearts of those who belong to Him. undecided

So which house of God was apostle Paul talking about in that passage, if it's not a physical structure?
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

So which house of God was apostle Paul talking about in that passage, if it's not a physical structure?
I have no idea at all because the only House of God that existed in that time is the Temple. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

Believe me, it's only people that are born again that are the church of God.
The true sons of God are those who have accepted Christ as Lord and saviour (those who believe in Christ).

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
People that are born-again are those who enter into the Kingdom of God but many of these people enter into the Kingdom through the broad gate that leads to destruction so they do not belong to Jesus Christ even then. undecided

The ones who are Sons of God are those who have submitted to and obeyed the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and they are those who are set free from bondsge to sin and transformed into Sons of God. John 8 vs 31 - 44

So , it is not all born-again that belong to Jesus Christ but instead those who have become Sons of God according to that commanded by Jesus Christ in John 8, that belong to Jesus Christ's Church. Even in John 14 vs 20 - 25, Jesus Christ repeats that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:18pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
People that are born-again are those who enter into the Kingdom of God but many of these people enter into the Kingdom through the broad gate that leads to destruction so they do not belong to Jesus Christ even then. undecided

The ones who are Sons of God are those who have submitted to and obeyed the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and they are those who are set free from bondsge to sin and transformed into Sons of God. John 8 vs 31 - 44

So , it is not all born-again that belong to Jesus Christ but instead those who have become Sons of God according to that commanded by Jesus Christ in John 8, that belong to Jesus Christ's Church. Even in John 14 vs 20 - 25, Jesus Christ repeats that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

According to the Bible, it's only people who are born again that will enter into the kingdom of God and they are the true sons and daughters of God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

That's what the Bible says. If one is not born again he/she cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

It's born again people that are the true children of God, whose names are written in the book of life.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:19pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I have no idea at all because the only House of God that existed in that time is the Temple. undecided

The temple was also the house of God, as it was in the old testament.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

According to the Bible, it's only people who are born again that will enter into the kingdom of God and they are the true sons and daughters of God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

That's what the Bible says. If one is not born again he/she cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

It's born again people that are the true children of God, whose names are written in the book of life.
I suggest you read the entirely of John 3 to learn the difference between what you claim and what is written. Nowhere in John 3 vs 1- 21 are you told that those who enter into the Kingdom of God are Sons and Daughters of God. undecided

Jesus Christ taught you using the Parable of Wheat and Tares in Matthew 13 that inside the very same Kingdom of God are found both the good seeds and evil seeds -they are all saved and born, even the evil ones who are in the majority as explained in Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 where Jesus Christ describes the two gates into the Kingdom of God - the Broad gate which the multitude will find that leads to destruction, and the narrow gate which only a few will find which leads to True life. undecided

Those who are Sons of God are instead those who do as Jesus Christ commands and He speaks of them in John 8 vs 31 - 44 as those who Know the Truth and have been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth, God's Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:
T he temple was also the house of God, as it was in the old testament.
It was the only house of God and it was rendered no longer so when Jesus Christ died on the cross, rending the curtains that seperated the Holy of Holies from the world rendering it then unfit for God to inhabit and this took place long before Paul and Timothy showed up on the scenes. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:38pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I suggest you read the entirely of John 3 to learn the difference between what you claim and what is written. Nowhere in John 3 vs 1- 21 are you told that those who enter into the Kingdom of God are Sons and Daughters of God. undecided

Jesus Christ taught you using the Parable of Wheat and Tares in Matthew 13 that inside the very same Kingdom of God are found both the good seeds and evil seeds -they are all saved and born, even the evil ones who are in the majority as explained in Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 where Jesus Christ describes the two gates into the Kingdom of God - the Broad gate which the multitude will find that leads to destruction, and the narrow gate which only a few will find which leads to True life. undecided

Those who are Sons of God are instead those who do as Jesus Christ commands and He speaks of them in John 8 vs 31 - 44 as those who Know the Truth and have been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth, God's Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

No evil seed/person can enter the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God only belongs to those who are born again.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It was the only house of God and it was rendered no longer so when Jesus Christ died on the cross, rending the curtains that seperated the Holy of Holies from the world rendering it then unfit for God to inhabit and this took place long before Paul and Timothy showed up on the scenes. undecided

Not that God lives in temples but his spirit that dwells in his people is what makes us worship in his presence.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

Not that God lives in temples but his spirit that dwells in his people is what makes us worship in his presence.
God does not dwell in unholy(sinful) vessels and so the Spirit of God does not dwell in those who are slaves to sin but instead in those who are made Holy/Perfect through their obedience of the teachings and comandments/rules of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, just as Jesus Christ instructs of us all in John 8 vs 31 - 44. undecided

Only those who are set free from slavery from sin by the Truth of God, those who are transformed into Sons of God, are fit for th Spirit of God to make His home inside of - John 14 vs 20 - 25 undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

No evil seed/person can enter the kingdom of God.
The kingdom of God only belongs to those who are born again.
I see you do not agree with what Jesus Christ taught us of the Kingdom of God in the parable of Wheat and Tares - Matthew 13.

Yes , the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are born-again and even the evil seed are saved and born-again or they would not have gained access into the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I see you do not agree with what Jesus Christ taught us of the Kingdom of God in the parable of Wheat and Tares - Matthew 13

I understand it very well. I'm a born again Christian and the Holy Spirit gives me the understanding of the Bible.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God does not dwell in unholy(sinful) vessels and so the Spirit of God does not dwell in those who are slaves to sin but instead in those who are made Holy/Perfect through their obedience of the teachings and comandments/rules of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, just as Jesus Christ instructs of us all in John 8 vs 31 - 44. undecided

Only those who are set free from slavery from sin by the Truth of God, those who are transformed into Sons of God, are fit for th Spirit of God to make His home inside of - John 14 vs 20 - 25 undecided

I said the God/the Holy Spirit dwells in his people and his people are those who are holy and obey Jesus' commandments.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:
I understand it very well. I'm a born again Christian and the Holy Spirit gives me the understanding of the Bible.
Jesus Christ is teling you that even the evil seeds are a part of the Kingdom of God in Matthew 13. undecided

The Kingdom of God belongs to those who are born-again and even the evil seed are saved and born-again or they would not have gained access into the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

I said the God/the Holy Spirit dwells in his people and his people are those who are holy and obey Jesus' commandments.
Ok, however, not all those who are saved and are born-again are His people. undecided

There are many of them who refuse to obey His commandments and so are slaves to their sin as a result. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:57pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ok, however, not all those who are saved and are born-again are His people. undecided

There are many of them who refuse to obey His commandments and so are slaves to their sin as a result. undecided

All born again Christians obey the word of God and are God's people.

That's my understanding of the Bible.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is teling you that even the evil seeds are a part of the Kingdom of God in Matthew 13. undecided

The Kingdom of God belongs to those who are born-again and even the evil seed are saved and born-again or they would not have gained access into the Kingdom of God. undecided

Evil people are not part of the kingdom of God.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:

All born again Christians obey the word of God and are God's people.

That's my understanding of the Bible.
Again, this doctrine of yours is against that which is taught by Jesus Christ Himself. Nowhere in John 3 are you told that being born-again guarantees you as a person of God. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Jul 14, 2021
DeRichard:
Evil people are not part of the kingdom of God.
Again, be sure that the Spirit you listen to is of Jesus Christ because the Spirit of Truth cannot contradict Him, Jesus Christ. And according to Jesus Christ, the evil seeds are planted in the same field, the Kingdom of God, as the good seeds are. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 6:04am On Jul 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, be sure that the Spirit you listen to is of Jesus Christ because the Spirit of Truth cannot contradict Him, Jesus Christ. And according to Jesus Christ, the evil seeds are planted in the same field, the Kingdom of God, as the good seeds are. undecided

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The place both the good seed/wheat and the tares are planted is the world and the Bible says that at the end of the world, the tares will be gathered and burnt in fire (the evil ones will go to hell fire).

That's the interpretation of the passage.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 6:06am On Jul 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, this doctrine of yours is against that which is taught by Jesus Christ Himself. Nowhere in John 3 are you told that being born-again guarantees you as a person of God. undecided

So what does this passage mean?

Jesus said if you're not born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God, which means the only way to enter the kingdom of God is by being born again.
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2021
DeRichard:

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

The place both the good seed/wheat and the tares are planted is the world and the Bible says that at the end of the world, the tares will be gathered and burnt in fire (the evil ones will go to hell fire).

That's the interpretation of the passage.
All you have written of here is correct about the Kingdom of Heaven, one of the kingdoms that exists within the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by Kobojunkie: 6:34am On Jul 15, 2021
DeRichard:

So what does this passage mean?

Jesus said if you're not born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God, which means the only way to enter the kingdom of God is by being born again.
Again, the Kingdom of God has two gates -Matthew 7 vs 13 -14

A. A narrow gate which only a few will find and leads to true life
B. A broad gate that leads to destruction which a multitude with enter into the Kingdom of God through

All those who enter into the Kingdom of God through both the narrow gate and the broad gate are saved(have eternal life) and are born-again(born of spirit) - John 3 vs 1 - 21
Re: Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? by DeRichard(m): 7:19am On Jul 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, the Kingdom of God has two gates -Matthew 7 vs 13 -14

A. A narrow gate which only a few will find and leads to true life
B. A broad gate that leads to destruction which a multitude with enter into the Kingdom of God through

All those who enter into the Kingdom of God through both the narrow gate and the broad gate are saved(have eternal life) and are born-again(born of spirit) - John 3 vs 1 - 21

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

What this passage is saying is that in life there are two ways where we'll spend eternity:
1. The broad way which leads to destruction in hell fire.

2. The narrow way which leads to the kingdom of God.
Not that the kingdom of God has two gates/ways.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Love God But Hate Your Neighbours? / I Was Shot By Armed Robbers Three Times But Still Alive / Your Pastor Is Not Your Daddy - Reno Omokri (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.