Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Juju Man - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Juju Man (22801 Views)

This Thing Called Juju. / The Document By Asuquo Udo. The Mysterious Ebony Carver. Juju Rock / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2021
Thanks for the update... More pls
Re: Juju Man by Bowraw411: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2021
update pls
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Chapter 15
The tension in the air steadily grew by the minute, the last team were up next, and everyone was expecting nothing less than a fierce battle between these two teams and Ekun was sure to give them. Ekun stood up from the ground where he had sat since the beginning of the match and looked at the broadcast screen before him and scoffed.
“Next, Team Xclusive against Team Fury, mission objective Team Xclusive just kidnapped a child, free the child unharmed, Team Xclusive, make sure you have no hindrance, consider your victim the only key to the survival of your community” Ekun said and turned around to look at the two teams.
“Use any means necessary” and said and slammed his palms together, instantly both team disappeared alongside Wura, the youngest girl in the guild, being the hostage.
“But Master, it is an uneven match, four against three” Dara said.
“When you go out in the field, you will always face cases like this, where you are greatly outnumbered, will you beg them to reduce their numbers and call it unfair?” Ekun asked calmly.
“I will scout from above, there should be on the move” Nubia said and made red wings spread out from her back.
“Didn’t know you could do that” Aanu muttered as the ran as fast as their legs could carry them.
Without replying, Nubia took on last step and used it to boost herself into the sky and immediately her wings took over, forcing a large amount of wind beneath it and flapped, giving out a whoosh sound.
Iyanu lost balance and fell to face flat to the ground, she let out loud groans as she began to bleed from the nose.
“And what made you loose footing?” Remi asked as they all halted and turned around to help her up.
“I am a girl and should be treated with care, I am not made for battles” She complained as she stood to her feet.
“Maybe you should stay behind, you are slowing us down” Aanu said loudly and grinned.
“Like I would” she said “I would rather be always beside you” she thought within herself and sighed “I am good, lets go” she added and began to run, leaving the boys behind
“What’s up with her, she is always acting strange around you” Remi said while they began to pick pace steadily.
A loud boom suddenly came from the sky, getting their attentions, they looked up and saw a large flames in the sky.
“That’s the signal, she has found them, I will intercept from the left axis, you move right, Iyanu, continue forging ahead, we cant barge in all at once, considering Norris void maker” Remi said
“What about Ore, she can control metals and make those annoying robot” Iyanu added.
“We should be able to bypass her, but thinking Tobi is part of that team, steadily enhancing their magic, we cant hold back” Remi said, he looked at Aanu and nodded his head and suddenly leaped into the sky.
Aanu slammed his hands together and moved the backward, taking the right turn, he shot out fires from his hands to act as boosters to increase his speed, leaping from one building to another.
Iyanu gritted her teeth and continued to forge ahead.
“DDRAAAGGOONN RROOOOAARR” Nubia shouted in the sky and sent forth fire from her mouth, which went down on Team Xclusive.
Norris slammed his hands together and made dark balls come out from his hands and instantly enlarged it making it consume the flames that come at them.
“She is trying to buy them time to catch up with us, we are to reach the extract point in ten minutes, with this we wont make it, Tobi, take the girl and go, I and Ore will hold them off” Norris said and grunted as he tried to maintain his void, that was continuously swallowing the flames that Nubia sent at them.
“But she is taking the aerial attack and sees everything, I wont be able to evade her” Tobi said panting.
“Just goooo, do you think that flame is enough to take me out or she could go pass me?” Norris shouted
Ore slammed her hands together and made four flying round bots appear in the sky.
“That is all I can manage from the distance, the further the target, the lesser the bots I can control” she said and slammed her fist together again.
“Bot formation” she said and with great speed the bots charged at Nubia, getting closer, the bots smashed against themselves, sending out electric waves which got in contact with Nubia and sent a large amount of electric current into her.
“Arrgghhr arrhghgh” Nubia shouted as the current got the better of her.
“That was about 1 million voltage, how is she still standing?” Ore muttered seeing Nubia still flapping her wings and quickly recovering from the electric shock.
Nubia flapped her wings furiously to the front, sending out sharp feathers that hurled furiously at both Ore and Norris.
Creating a larger void, Norris caught all the feathers in it and sighed
“How much ability does she has?” Norris asked grunting.
Looking around, Nubia noticed Tobi was missing, within that period of the electric shock on her, Tobi had gone with the hostage.
“She noticed, NOWWWW!!” Norris shouted
The bots came again at Nubia, seeing how furiously they came at her, she dived to the left in the air and suddenly before she could know what was going on, or read the situation, Norris had made a void above her.
Looking up above, a large quantity of flames suddenly poured out from the void portal above her, followed by the sharp wings she had sent at them earlier, all forming a combo and smashing her hard.
Nubia lost control in mid air and went unconscious as she began to have a free fall to the ground.
“AARRRGGHHHH” Remi screamed and suddenly appeared before Ore, without thinking twice, she sent his left fist straight at her jaw, smashing it hard it gave a crack sound, sent her forward and smashed her into a building.
Norris was shocked at the furious attack Remi launched at Ore.
“That was about thirty percent of your inhumane strength” Norris said in shock, disbelief written all over his face.
“And what about that?” Remi asked
“Are you mad or what? She was defenseless and you had to smash her that hard, breaking her jaws, Remi are you mad?” Norris shouted in anger.
“Look, how do you expect her to handle that kind of attack, just ten percent of your power is enough to send even the Master in a ten minute coma” Norris said.
Remi suddenly went numb, realizing what he as done
“But you both didn’t go easy either on Nubia, I only returned the favour and there is no regret about that, we should take this like our lives depend on it” Remi added.
“Nubia was a different case, she has body made of scales and can withstand seventy percent of your attack without any effect!!” Norris shouted and ran up to Ore.
He pulled her out of the crumbled build and carried her on his hands.
“You know what, we give up, you win” Norris said in anger and walked pass Remi who was still standing numb.
Aanu leaped into the air and caught Nubia in mid air, and came to a steady landing, with the fire beneath his feet giving him a steady land.
Nubia slowly opened her eyes and smiled at Aanu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 6:50am On Jul 30, 2021
Thanks for the update...
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
Chapter 16
Aanu sat by the bar of the guild alone, deep in thought with a gloomy face, he reached for the bottle of red wine before him and gulped down the content.
“You’ve been looking all gloomy since yesterday, after the fight with our team”
Aanu turned his head to look around and saw Norris standing next to him with a bright smile. Norris grabbed the bottle from Aanu and gulped down the wine in the bottle and sighed.
“If it is about Remi and what happened, you don’t have to bother, this is the Jujuman Guild and we don’t brood over such matters, it doesn’t give space for growth” Norris said and tapped Aanu on the shoulder.
“We are all brothers in here and it’s normal to make ourselves angry, but most importantly is when you realize your mistake and you atone for it, just as Remi had done” Norris added and walked off.
Everyone in the guild suddenly went cold and froze in their current position unable to move, and with an unconscious mind.
From the entrance of the guild stood a figure dressed to the brim, his face covered with no visible body part of him, a staff on his right hand, the figure began to walk into the guild, his feet about five inches above the ground.
He walked towards the request board and growled softly.
“Why do you have to cast a spell on your fellow guild members?” Ekun asked from the top floor of the guild.
“I wish to remain anonymous until the day I am needed” the young man replied calmly and tore a paper off the request board.
“Going on another request of two years? Why do you always go for requests that take so long?”
“Experience, power, and sightseeing, I was beginning to wonder when Juju Man will be back on its feet again so I can go on missions”
“Did you lose hope in the guild?” Ekun asked and scoffed
“No, not at all, with you here and these lads, hope isn’t lost, the Underground Juju Man guild sends their regards anyway”
“Ray” Ekun called out at the boy.
“Hmmm”
“Can you make it to the Power Guild Ceremony at the end of the year?”
“Maybe” Ray replied and slowly faded “See you old man” he added before he finally disappeared.
The guild members suddenly came back to their consciousness, each having a slight headache.
“Did something happen?” Aanu asked confused.
“Master!!!” Remi shouted at the top of his voice “Was Ray here?”
Ekun gritted his teeth and walked off.
“Who is Ray?” Aanu muttered
“No one except Master has seen his face, Remi had only been lucky to not be completely gotten by Ray’s unconscious magic, but he said all he could see was a man wrapped up in clothing, no part of his body was visible” Iyanu replied and sat next to Aanu
“Why does he do that?”
“No one knows, but rumors has it that, his magic is strong enough to put an entire city to sleep and anyone who sees his face goes blind or in worst case scenario turns to stone” Iyanu replied. “There are about more than 100 more Juju Man members we even don’t know about”
“I know someone who might have answers to that” Aanu thought within himself and sighed “Have you decided on the mission we are taking?”
“Yes seems like Remi has one already”
Remi walked up to his team members and slammed a piece of paper on the table.
“Our first mission, we are to accomplish a daughter of a wealthy family to her destination” Remi said and pulled the bottle of wine to himself.
“I was thinking you would take up a mission where we go to fight against some notorious gang or something” Aanu said disappointed.
“Tch, do not despise your little beginning bro, we need experiences, we cant just jump on such mission and besides Ray already took all those mission off the board, the dude does those mission and does not put the stamp of Juju Man on them to let the client know it was from our guild, more reason our reputation isn’t going up as it should, when next I see him, I will surely remove his front tooth” Remi said and grunted.
“Prepare the things you need, we set out in an hour time” Remi said and left them.
Team Fury were all ushered into the magnificent living room of the client, the beautiful chandeliers that hanged from the ceiling of the building, the living room didn’t look like it was really empty, due to the beautiful wall carvings on the walls and the large family pictures that hanged on every corner of the room.
“Guy, there are level to this richness something” Aanu whispered to Remi.
“How much did you charge them?” Iyanu asked
“50 gold coins” Remi replied.
“I hope this mission goes smoothly” Nubia said in anxiety.
From the stairway on the left, descended their person who was entailed in the mission to be protected, Itunu the Merchant’s daughter, followed by her personal maid.
“We shall be living for the train station, where our private train will be waiting for us by now, we should hurry” the maid said calmly.
Itunu smiled at Team Fury and opened her mouth to speak.
“Sorry for the inconvenience, please do your best on this job” she said and led the way, tagging behind her maid.
“The train should be on this track in twenty minutes time, is everything set?” a man dressed in thick brown coat ask, holding tight to a rifle, which had a sword protruding from the edge of the barrel.
“Sure boss, once we have her in our grasp, we can bargain with her father and get what we want” the second of the third replied with a snare on his face.
“All bombs are rigged along the line from down there, I heard she would be accompanied by members of the Juju Man guild” the last person said and slammed his hands together.
“That worthless guild, they shouldn’t be a problem”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2021
Chapter 17
“I will leave you to yourself” Remi said to the Itunu, the Merchant’s daughter and turned around to take his leave. “If you need anything you can let the girls know” he added and closed the door behind him.
Standing directly in front of door was Iyanu and Nubia, both avoiding body and eye contact with each other.
“You too should be close to the room, we cant risk anything” he said and walked towards the main exit that led to another couch of the train “and try to get along” he added and walked out.
“Why do you always get attached to him?” Iyanu asked Nubia without batting an eye at her.
“If not him then who, he nursed me to this world, and it is my duty to always be by his side” Nubia replied coldly “And there is nothing you can do about it, you are just giving yourself unnecessary headache”
Iyanu fumed in anger and turned to face Nubia, growling hard.
“That does not mean a thing, you are not his type”
“And what makes you think you are his type?” Nubia asked coldly with a snarl on her face.
“Well… you see..eee” Iyanu stuttered not finding the right answer to the question Nubia threw at her. “I am everyone’s spec, it is something you cant understand since you are a dragoni”
Nubia smiled devilishly and made the scales around her hands hardened and made her finger tips go up in flames
“What are you doing?” Iyanu asked in fear.
“Showing you some dragoni love” Nubia replied and she leaned closer to Iyanu.
“Are you serious?”
“Do I look like I am joking, if you can handle this flame, even with your healing magic, then I will let you have him” she said and smiled this time revealing all her evil intentions.
“HEELLLPPPPPPP!!!” Iyanu screamed out loud.
“Weaklings are not allowed near Aanu” Nubia said gritting her teeth and staring deeply at Iyanu “Is that understood?”
Iyanu gulped hard and replied “Perfectly” she said with sweat already breaking out on her face.
“Good” Nubia replied and walked off “I will go scout the train from the top, you remain here”
Remi and Aanu stood at the top of the train watching out for any abnormality on the trail track.
Aanu twitched his nose and sneezed out loudly, he sniffed and wiped his nose.
“Are you alright?” Remi asked concerned.
“I am not sure, but I perceived dynamites for a brief moment there” Aanu replied and starred into the distance.
“Maybe I and Nubia should go up ahead and see if there is anything, just to make sure” Aanu suggested.
“I smelt it too” Nubia replied from behind and walked up to them.
She spread out her wings and elevated into the air
“It makes sense to be on the safer side” she said and grabbed Aanu by the arms.
“You really don’t need to hold on to me, I can use my flames” Aanu said blankly.
“It is faster this way” Nubia replied and soared into the sky.
The smell of the dynamites steadily began to grow stronger as they soared ahead in the sky along the rail track.
“It is getting stronger” Nubia said as she soared in the sky, holding tight to Aanu.
“It really seems to be an ambush, let’s take care of this quickly, seems it starts from here” Aanu said
He dropped down from the sky, and flipped around as he dived towards the ground, shooting out flames from his legs and hands, he used it to make himself steady and landed on the rail track.
“Really” he muttered.
By each side of the rail track, were dynamites each on both sides of the track, going up in a straight continuous line, till it was out of sight.
Nubia landed beside him and opened her eyes widely on seeing the dynamites.
“There are three of them ahead, probably waiting for the train to get closer, what do we do?”
“Simple, we blow them up, isn’t that what they had in mind, let’s help them achieve that” Aanu said and slammed his fist together.
He knelt down before the first dynamite and made flame on his finger tip, he carefully placed the flame on the tip of the dynamite and stepped back, as the rope he set on fire steadily began to burn off towards the explosive part of the dynamite.
With a loud boom, the dynamites took turn to set off, letting out a loud explosive noise as they exploded.
“What is happening?” the leader of the gang asked in awe as they all saw the dynamite exploded and began to get closer to them.
Without uttering any other words, they all took to their heels, diving into nearby bush for safety.
“Who set the dynamite off?” the leader screamed at the top of his voice.
He grabbed the person next to him and bit him hard on the nose
“Arrrgghh, oga wetyn do you na, wetyn cause biting naw?” the enraged man asked, as he struggled to free himself.
“It must be the guards from Juju Man” the third replied and stood up.
“Then we do it the old way” the boss replied and stood up
From distance they could see Aanu and Nubia running up to them, taking aim with their guns, the waited patiently for them to get closer to them.
“Fire!!!” the boss shouted the orders and instantly they pulled the trigger.
“Its magic from those barrels” Aanu shouted and slammed his palms together.
“Firreeee shieelld!!” he shouted as the flames from his hands formed a wide shield that completely covered him and melted the bullets that came at him.
“Like that is even enough to stop us” the boss shouted and swayed the gun around in the air, swinging it swiftly and effortlessly, he smashed the butt of the gun on the ground.
Right where Aanu was, a large brick shot out from the ground beneath Aanu and threw him into the sky, before he could decide next, another brick smashed his hard from the back and sent him straight to the ground.
Seeing this, Nubia increased her speed.
“Earth bullet” one of the men said softly and made stone particles on the ground float in the air, with pointed nibs.
He slammed his hands together and sent them at Nubia, who found it hard to dodge all stone bullets. Seriously getting hit by the bullets, she fell to the ground, since she didn’t have enough time to harden the scales around her body.
“Like I said this little puns are not enough to stop our mission” the leader said, as he watched Aanu and Nubia groan in pain on the ground.
“Right back at you” Aanu said and managed to pull himself up with a wide smile on his face.
“I needed something to warm me up” he said and puffed out smoke from his nostrils and ears.
He looked behind him and saw the train was rapidly approaching them.
He smacked his hands together and made flames engulf his entire body.
“I hate persistent kids, let’s put him where he belongs”
Aanu dashed at them, screaming at the top of his voice, inches away from them he stumped his left leg on the ground and sent fire straight into the ground.
The stone bullets hurl at him the time with greater speed than it did to Nubia.
“I call on the flames of hell, the flames of life, you shall answer my call and harken to my words” Aanu shouted and smashed his hands right into the ground. The flames from his hands forced its way into the ground and burst out like a volcano, the ones he had sent from his leg earlier, also burst out beneath one of his opponent and sent him into the sky.
The stone bullet that rushed at him only passed through his body that was now completely made of flames and melted before they could come out on the other side.
“What kind of demon is this?” the leader said in fear, and clinched tight to his gun.
He attempted to sway his gun around again, but it was snatch away from him by Nubia and without thinking twice, she smacked the butt of the gun straight on his head, instantly sending him unconscious
“And only one more remain” Aanu said devilishly and began to walk closer to the man who was already numb.
He grabbed him by the collar and gave him a powerful headbutt.
“Seems he really took care of our guest” Remi said from the top of the train where he stood as the train got closer to Aanu.
The leader of the team managed to get to his feet and brought out a smoke bomb from his inner pocket.
“I will surely repay you for this day, braaatttt” he shouted and threw the smoke bomb to the ground, which instantly raised up thick smokes and after it had died down, they were nowhere to be found.
“Cowards, next time I met you, I will roast you up” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice.

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by femimvp(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
[center][/center]This is nothing short of greatness...
Well done and more episodes
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Chapter 18
Team Fury stood before the court council of the Magic Alter, each of them having a magic blocker in form of a handcuff on them. They stood before the Jury and watched as everyone began to take their seats in the court room.
“The allegations before this particular team of the Juju Man Guild are so many we can no longer overlook them and they shall be used as a scape goat to others” the white bearded man who is the judge said and adjusted his white garment and the large beads around his neck.
“Allegation one, this particular team crashed down the statue of Sango, on a mission to apprehend a wanted pirate” the man said and focused on the book before him.
“Allegation two, they destroyed the major rail line, while escorting Itunu the daughter of the famous merchant to her destination, Three, they set a whole minor city on fire, making about three hundred people homeless, four..” the man stopped and squinted his face and in annoyance he banged the table and stood up.
“YOU HAVE ABOUT FIFTEEN DIFFERENT ALLEGATIONS AGAINST YOU!!!” he shouted at the top of his voice “YOU’VE ONLY BEEN TAKING MISSION FOR ABOUT TWO WEEKS” the man shouted again and slammed his hands on the table.
“But we did our jobs successfully, whatever was destroyed were inevitable” Remi said with a smile.
“More like a collateral damage” Aanu added and all of them went into an uproar of laughter.
“Do you think this is funny?” the elderly man from the magic Alter asked in a stern voice, which raised the pressure in the room.
“And the final allegation here, you were sent on a mission to settle a dispute between two communities because of the conflict between them on who will have the possession of a farm land and what did you do? You set the whole farm on fire, about twenty acres worth of farm land, sending the whole community into famine, and increased the migration of these people into the city, and now we have to cater for them, till everything gets back to normal and that is about 5 years from now” the judge said in annoyance.
“Essshhcuussee me sir” Aanu said and raised up his hands.
“That was not what really happened” he said
“THEN WHAT?”
“Well….”
THREE DAYS AGO
Remi stood by the request board, looking at the pile of request on the board, so much they had begin to pin other requests on older ones.
“Seems everyone are doing their job so well, the request are now piled up, more than we can really handle, and we have lesser teams” Remi muttered to himself and turned around.
He walked towards the bar, where Ekun had his private spot and shouted at him.
“MASTER!!”
Ekun looked at him and relaxed his back, expecting him to go on with his words.
“We have more request than we can handle with the present team on ground, and there are no domestic request on the board”
“Huhnn, what are you saying?”
“I want to speak on behalf of the teams that didn’t scale through the test, the test shouldn’t be a merit to determine their strength, let them take on jobs also as the rest of us, they also have needs to cater for like us and they need money for things like that” Remi said and slammed his fist together.
Meanwhile, everyone was focused on his words, suspending all their activities.
“I agree” Aanu said out.
“Me too!!” and gradually the whole Juju Man guild were already supporting the motion.
Ekun placed his legs on the table and scoffed.
“You are a real pain the bombom” he said and closed his eyes “I also support it” he said lowly.
A loud cheer erupted in the guild, with wild jubilation from everyone, no one had expected Ekun to give such a reply, considering how stubborn and adamant he was.
“I got a mission that pays well in cash and farm foods” Iyanu said running up to Aanu
“Let’s see” he replied and received the request from her.
“Hmm, a good one, hey Remi, check this out” Aanu shouted and walked up to Remi.
“They need our guild to come help settle a land dispute, and the reward is 60 gold coins and lots of farm foods”
“Makes sense, how many sack bag are we taking along? Prepare yourselves soldiers, we move out” Remi said.
Team Fury got to their destination, looking at the vast farm land from the mountain top they stood, what they saw was evidence that their reward was going to be a mouth watering one, even more than they had thought.
Reaching the main entrance of the village, they were welcome by the villagers, who had been expecting their arrival.
“Welcome, are you from the Jujuman Guild?” the man that walked up to them asked, looking for evidence to clear his doubt.
Remi pointed to Nubia’s laps, pointing at the Juju Man logo on her laps
“Is that enough?”
“Follow me”
The man led them through the grain stalks in the wide farmland, taking the lead as they went further from the village into the farm land.
“So where are the other people you need to settle dispute with?” Iyanu asked, since everywhere seemed to be unusually quite
“Didn’t you read the request completely, we need to settle a dispute with farm thieves that comes to loot our produce when we harvest and take all our money, kidnap our children and lay with our young girls against their will” the man said and turned around to face them.
“The request didn’t give this details” Nubia said confused and looked at Iyanu.
“Actually it was a two page request, I didn’t turn around to see the complete details” Iyanu said fumbling her fingers together”
“Ode ni girl yi sha” Nubia said in annoyance.
“Anyhow we look at it, we don’t have any option than to take it on, where are these people” Remi asked the man.
“There, they have their settlement right in the middle of the farm” the man said and pointed to the large hut that was before them.
“There we store the produce, and they come to get it, and days like this they are always around at night to get them” the man said.
“You can go back, it almost noon, we will wait and watch out for them” Remi said
“We are trusting you in this” the man said as he turned around to take his leave.
The noise of galloping horse caught the attention of Team Fury, and quickly they got themselves up and watched from the distance as the voices of the thieves got louder as they neared the large hut.
“Boss the hut is empty, these villagers dare us”
Team Fury made themselves visible to the thieves
“HERE COMMMEEESS THE DRAGGGOOONNN” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice and sent out fire from his mouth.
“Is this your doing?” the leader who was sitting gallantly on his horse asked with a stern look.
“Yea, Team Fury of the Juju Man Guild” Remi replied and slammed his hands together.
“I see, your guild has been making waves these days, every where you turn to, it is always about your guild, you have a good reputation, but I will find it fun ending your lives here, Kill them”
“They are total of six, they don’t have strong magic presence, but seems they rely on the white men technology” Aanu said and made flames go up his arms.
“No” Nubia replied.
The thieves brought out an injection each and stabbed it into themselves, letting out a loud roar, their veins popped out and their body muscles increased, their eyes reeking of evil and wicked intentions, they were clearly not themselves.
“What in heaven is that? They magic power just got off chart” Remi muttered.
“It makes them worth fighting” Aanu said and screamed out loudly

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 9:56am On Aug 13, 2021
hope you are OK bro?. would love to hear from you soon.
Re: Juju Man by Afz9095(m): 9:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
Last seen is August 2nd, hope you are fine bro?
Re: Juju Man by Priceless11: 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
Observers are worried

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
germaphobe:
hope you are OK bro?. would love to hear from you soon.
I'm doing good sir, misplaced my phone, but I should be back by month end. Thanks a loooooottt

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 1:28am On Aug 30, 2021
Chapter 19
Aanu received a blow to the jaw, which sent him flying off into the distance, before he could gather his thoughts together, his opponent was already on him again, grabbed him by the neck and slammed him hard into the ground.
Remi guard his face with his hands as a heavy blow landed on them and pulled him backward with great force, breathing heavily with his eyes squinted, his opponents strength greatly outmatched his. He guarded again as his opponent leaped at him
“HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO DEFEEEENNNDDD!!!?” His opponent screamed and rammed his right fist at Remi, sending him hard against the ground.
Nubia and Iyanu crashed hard to the ground, laying next to each other and writhing in pains from the continuous heavy attack they took.
“Eheheh, is this the tiny power you used to become a guild member? Maybe after this we will raid the main cities where guilds are located” the leader said with pride.
Aanu groaned as he pulled himself up, letting himself stand loosely, he lowered his head and giggled
“What’s funny?” the leader of the thieves asked
Aanu used his thumb to wipe off the blood on his lips and raised his head up to look at the thieves.
“Imagine losing to people like you, my shame wont stand that shame” Aanu said and looked at Remi “Are you done warming up?”
“Kikiki, that was not even enough to get me warmed up” Remi replied and elevated into the sky “The girls are out of commission, its two on one, first person to get things done, gets twenty gold coins” Remi said and smiled.
“Fair deal”
PRESENT DAY
MAGIC COURT
“I defeated them first right?”
The judge frowned his face at the jokes the kids made between themselves, not giving them an iota of respect or have any fear of the punishment that might be given out to them.
“Well, the story does not end there”
THREE DAYS AGO
Aanu dashed forward at his opponent, screaming at the top of his voice, he stretched his hands forward and made flames shoot out from his finger tips.
“Piercing flames” he shouted and made the flames pump out in full force.
The pin like flames pierced through the body of its target easily, through the left chest and both legs and hands, instantly paralyzing the target, Aanu got closer and with his fist of flames he smashed his opponent on the jaw, sending him flying off into the distance and hard against the ground.
Remi smashed his fist on the ground and pulled out a huge rock from the debris, lifting it up with his full strength he threw it at his opponent, while screaming at the top of his voice. The rock smashed his opponent against the ground, breaking the leg bones completely.
Nubia and Iyanu on the other side managed to also get rid of their opponent.
“Tch, we did it, time to go get our reward” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice and shot out flames from his hands.
“Aanu” Iyanu muttered as she watched the flames drop on the crops in the farm.
In a moment the entire farm was already set ablaze, burning with large inferno, which quickly spread like around and letting out booming noise as it raged on.
“What have we done?” Nubia muttered.
Aanu sniffed into the air and caught the scent of oil around the field.
“That wasn’t me, they already had oil buried around the field, so this is their backup plan for when they get ever get intercepted?” Aanu muttered in anger.
PRESENT DAY
MAGIC COURT
“So that was basically happened, it wasn’t our fault the field went up in flames” Aanu said to the judge and instantly changed his countenance to a frown
The judge frowned back at Aanu and then glanced at the book before him and sighed.
“The investigation that we carried out showed this also, but also shows how you all lack experience in your guild, and here is my judgement, the both of you are to do community service for three weeks, cleaning up the entire street of the city, every inch of it and within this time, the sanitation body of the city will be on break” the judge said and banged the table with his fist.
“Wait, that is really unfair, it wasn’t our fault to begin with, doing this seems like you are trying to get to our guild without good reasons, either with us or not, that field was still going to go up in flames” Remi shouted.
“Then maybe I should give out punishment for the mistakes you’ve made, and which was really your fault” the judge said and starred at Remi.
“Ehehehe, ko necessary na” Remi replied with a silly smile on his face.

“So that means we wont be going on any job till the end of three weeks?” Remi muttered to himself as he struck the sharp end of the metal on his hand to the ground, using it to pick up littered papers on the ground and dumped it into the basket that hung across his back
Aanu could only groan as sweat broke out of his face
“This city is so large, three weeks looks like three years, and to think the amount of litters all around could be as much as this, is just a pain” Remi muttered.
Both of them walking through the lonely street of the city, while picking up litters, they heard a painful moan from the dark alley to the left and halted at the same time.
Next came the sound of a slap and followed by a painful moan.
“Seems picking up litters could be fun” Aanu said and smiled wickedly as flames took over his hands.
He dashed into the dark alley and smashed the man before him hard on the face, which send him crashing hard against the wall. He chucked with evil content and took a look at the lady laying on the ground next to him.
“Are you hurt?” he asked her and starred at her with his flaming eyes.
Taking a look at the guild mark on his shoulder, the lady stood up and sent a resounding slap across his face.
“It is always your guild who spoils the fun someone has, did you hear me screaming for help” the lady said and ran over to the unconscious man.
“If anything happens to my fiancé, I will take it up and report to the Magic Council” the lady said as she tried reviving the man on the floor.
“Huhn, wait, that guy was torturing you just now, the least you could do was say a thank you” Remi said.
“It was a torture of love and affection; we do come here to do our thing so no one would interfere” the lady said sobbing.
“Crazy people everywhere in this city” Aanu muttered and turned around to leave “And by the way, that dude look more like your grand father, dating someone with grey hairs already” Aanu said in annoyance.
“Mark my face and voice, anywhere I see you in need of help, I promise not to help you and if word of this gets to the council” Aanu said and turned his head backward, revealing his flaming eyes “I will hunt you”

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by collinometricx: 1:53am On Aug 30, 2021
Welcome back

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 6:57am On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks for the update, welcome back
Re: Juju Man by Baybii: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2021
The descriptive skills used in writing this story is topnotch! You write so well.

(Check out my signature.)

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:49am On Aug 30, 2021
Chapter 20
Remi walked toward the request board on the ground floor of the guild and stood next to Trigger who was also scouting for mission on behalf of his team. With every other person going about and doing their things, most of them engage in the hall which and having fun. Remi reached for a request and pulled it off the board.
“You haven’t found one yet?” he asked Trigger and looked at him
“I have” he said and showed the request with him “It’s a request to cast out a demon from a village chief” he replied
“And what are you still doing staring at the board?”
“Tch, I was thinking I could find an easier one” Trigger replied
“Coward” Remi replied and turned around to take his leave.
“Say that again, I dare you” Trigger said groaning, he made his finger tips to turn into barrels and moved his moved them.
“Heennhh, you want to fight, you should know your place” Remi replied arrogantly and took a step to walk out.
Trigger grabbed him by the shirt from behind and pulled him back with great force slamming him against the request board, which instantly broke into pieces
“YOOUUU ASKKKEDD FOORRR IITTT” Remi shouted and sent a blow at Trigger.
Narrowly dodging it, the air wave which Remi’s fist generated, it went straight at Nicolas who was getting himself ready to eat. The wave pulled Nicolas off the seat, turned his table upside down and scattered his food on the ground.
“Erreeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrerrrrr, Crocodile buyout” he shouted and instantly transformed his body into that of a crocodile and increased in height.
He screamed at the top of his voice and grabbed Aanu who was next to him by the head and threw him against the wall.
“Do you want me to burn you to death?” Aanu shouted and sent out flames from his body which resulted in a loud bang that shattered the entire wall of the guild’s ground floor.
“ENNOOUUUGGHHHH” Nubia shouted at the top of her voice and instantly everyone stopped their rampage.
“Errhhh who are you to order us around?” Ayo asked with a squinted eyes.
“Do you wish to go up against me, or I should get everyone of you back to order?” she said with evil aura flowing out form her body.
“Good” she said with a frown “Everyone of you should get to work and make sure the guild is back to normal” she commanded and pointed her hand towards the damaged wall.
“YES MA!!” everyone chorused.
“Tch, commanding such prowess” Remi muttered and bit his lower lips
“Did you say SOMMMETTHHIINNGG??” Nubia asked and walked closer to Remi.
“Not at all” Remi replied as sweat broke out on his face.
Team Fury got themselves ready to set out on their request, getting to the train station, they sat and waited patiently for the next train that would be taking them on their next mission at the waiting hall, completely occupying the front row.
Their attention turned towards the murmurs that came from the opposite direction of the waiting hall where they sat and they noticed it was the member of Goddess Guild, and obviously talking about them.
“Just look away” Remi said and relaxed his head on his chair “We have no reason to fight with ladies”
Aanu smiled on seeing Ire joining up with the three ladies squad from the guild and stood up in excitement
“Ire” he shouted at the top of his voice and ran up to her.
Suddenly he was intercepted by who seems to be the leader of the team.
“Hey, she’s my friend, let me through” he said and brushed the girl aside.
In excitement, he grabbed Ire by the shoulder smiling brightly, until the unexpected happened. Ire sent a powerful punch right at his stomach and place a sharp icy knife across his neck.
Aanu looked up in awe at the sudden turn of event, finding it hard to belief it was the Ire he knew from his childhood.
Aanu sat on the top of the train as it headed towards their destination, on the last couch of the train were the Goddess Guild member, also heading to same direction as them. Feeling down and sad, laid on his back on the train as it moved and starred at the sky.
“There is just one thing to do, I have to beat some senses into her” he said and slammed his hands together.
The train finally came to a stop as it got to its destination, Team Fury alighted alongside other passengers and on the last end of the train were the Goddess Guild members, without batting an eye at Aanu, Ire walked off with her team.
“You have to come off it, people change, and beside its good, you can take your frustration out on the people we are going up against” Iyanu said and tapped him on the shoulder.
“Yeah, I am not bothered” he replied faking a smile.
“Your heart bleeds” Nubia’s voice came at his head.
He let out a soft sigh and tagged behind his team.
“Before night fall, we should be at the village, so we can gather information and know the situation of things and act, while walking let’s review our mission objective” Remi said, taking the lead “Nubia, give the briefing”
“Some strange people have been having strange activities at the extreme of the village and people who were sent to check it out never returned, but word is they are trying to revive something evil, or gain some evil power, that has a side effect on the village new born” Nubia said, reading from the request paper with her.
“Alright guys, lets wrap things off quickly”
Reaching the boundary of the village where their mission would be taking place, from the hill where they stood, the could see the entire landscape of the village and how it was laid, and outside the end of the village boundary was a huge mountain that let out steams from the top.
“My guess is that is where we would be going, but first we have to meet with the villagers and get the full details” Remi said

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2021
welcome back bro, and yeah, that back to back update was worth the wait.
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 11:20am On Aug 31, 2021
Chapter 21
Team Fury members were ushered into the cozy hut of the village chief, making themselves comfortable on the mat that spread across the entire room. They watched as the person that had led them in walked into the room on the right and moments later returned with an elderly man, barely any hair on his head.
The man gently made himself comfortable also on the mat and signaled to the boy that had gone to call him to leave.
“Thank you for honoring this mission” the man said and heaved.
“We will like to hear in details about this threat” Remi said.
“Seven years ago, they had come to this village and we accepted them, when they told us, our valley had the herbs they needed to curb the raging anti magic disease, we saw it and it was evident, because of the good deeds they did, we decided to let them continue with their research in the valley, but about a year ago, our new born babies started growing with strange traits on their bodies, half humans and half demons, and some half of an animal and with odd behaviours also” the man said and paused
“Bring her in” the man said at the top of his voice and from the room on the right, a girl was brought in.
Her left side of her body were completely possessed by a demon side, a wing on that part and scaly hands.
“We have more of this, we later discovered that it was those we had permitted, somehow they had located something hideous, even we villagers thought was a myth”
“What?” Aanu asked curiously
“The eye of the demon Ogun fought on his first war as a classical magician” the chief replied sadly.
“They are still in the extracting stage, report from the spy we sent in says they had mined it down to the wrist level and all that is remaining is a small part of the elbow joint” the chief said and heaved again “If they succeed in getting this, there is no telling what they might do with it, but whatever it is, is nothing good, and that is why we requested for help” the chief added and supported his weight with his hands as he tried to stand up.
“If this continues, then there is probability that the entire village is on the brink of extinction” Remi said and also stood up, he smiled and stretched his body around and let out a loud sigh and spoke “Alright guys, we don’t have the luxury of time, we should set out immediately and see to things” he said and jammed his hands together.
“This mission was supposed to be classified as a higher ranking one” Aanu muttered as they all struggled through the swamp the set the boundary between the village and the valley.
Getting to dry land, Aanu muttered in displeasure at the sight of his leg all covered in mud and sticky water.
“You are not the only one in this condition” Remi said with a stern voice and continued leading the way.
“Captain, what do we if it happens our opponent are stronger than we are?” Iyanu asked with a shaky voice.
“Were you thinking anything would be easy, isn’t that the reason we’ve been training very hard?” Nubia replied with an angry expression on her face “How are you going to protect anyone being a coward” Nubia added.
“HOW DARE YOOOUUUUUUUU!!” Iyanu growled out loudly
“What are you going to DOOO?” Nubia barked at her and made thick fumes shoot out of her nostrils
“Eehhhee, you think that is enough to scare me abi” Iyanu replied and clinched her fist.
“We are there” Remi announced.
Before them was an entrance that ran into the ground, in what seems to be an underground hideout, taking cover in behind the trees, they took great caution while studying their environment.
“Nubia, give us visual from the sky” Remi said and signaled to her.
Nubia immediately spread out her wings and in an instant elevated into the sky, while the other team members awaited her feedback.
“She says everywhere is clear, no guards” Aanu said.
“Seems they are unbothered, since they know the villagers are powerless, makes sense if they had no guard on patrol” Remi replied “I can feel massive magic presence coming out from the entrance” he added and came out of hiding.
They all approached the entrance, with nothing out of the ordinary. Walking distance into the entrance, with the illuminating light getting dim as they went deeper into it. Aanu suddenly sneezed out loudly and sniffed hard.
“Dust” he said and raised his head up “I am allergic to dust” he said again, noticing something was wrong.
A small piece of rock fell off from the top, hitting Aanu on his head, and followed by another again, a slightly bigger one.
“Guys, the rock above are coming apart” he said noticing the deep crack line that ran above.
“It’s a trap, the building will be collapsing” Remi said, and turned around “We are way past the entrance”
Before they could think next on their next move, the boulder suddenly dropped from above right at the entrance, completely covering their only way out. Another boulder on the other end of came crashing down, trapping them inbetween with nowhere to run to.
And suddenly the entire building came crashing down on them

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2021
Chapter 22
“Is everyone alright?” Remi asked in the dark.
Nubia made her began to glow of warm flames, in other to illuminate the dark environment.
“Yes, no one is hurt, thanks to you” Aanu replied and helped Iyanu to her feet.
Within that short moment when the building collapsed, Remi had smashed his fist into the ground, making a large deep hole in the ground, which they all jumped into and he had used his body to act as a shield to shield the other boulders that fell into the hole after them.
“So this is it, they knew from the very instant we were here” Iyanu muttered and dust off her body “How do we get out of here?”
“I will just have to bore a hole out again” Remi said.
A huge crystallized eye hanged in mid-air of the blue glowing cave, and standing right before the eyes were three men. Creepy voices echoing all over the place and followed next by flowing ghost of new born babies.
“We still don’t have enough baby souls to bring the eye to life” the boy in the middle said and sighed.
“We only need one more child, Gaga, what is the report” the man on the right asked the person on the left.
Gaga a huge man, with scars running all over his face, scoffed and looked at Olu the man on the right and smiled.
“There should be a child born by late hours of today and once that soul is gained, the Eye will come alive and we can proceed with our plan” Gaga replied.
“What about the Jujuman Guild members, hope you have taken care of them” Olu asked the boy on the right.
“I cant risk anyone coming in my way, not when I have come this far, and not that guild” the boy in the middle replied “There should be with their ancestors by now”
“Samson” Gaga said and focused back on the crystalized eye.
“Gaga, send out your clones to scout the environment” Samson said
Gaga puffed and stared at Samson with an angry expression on his face
“He keeps dishing out the orders, brat” Gaga thought within himself and slammed his hands together, and suddenly seven of himself came out of thine air.
“Scout the area, if you see any unfamiliar faces, kill them” Gaga ordered his clones and immediately they dashed off.
Remi pulled Iyanu out of the hole, while Nubia flew out holding tight to Aanu, she flapped her wings hard, that it almost sent Iyanu off her feet.
“Are you ooooooolllright” Iyanu screamed at Nubia at the top of her voice, grinning hard.
Nubia suddenly grabbed Iyanu by the neck and raised her in mid-air
“Do you want to die?”
“Guys, lets stop the play for now, we have work to do, we shouldn’t be bring our doings at home and showing them outside” Remi said.
“For the first time I agree with you” Aanu replied Remi.
“Ehh, so you mean I don’t have sense” Remi shouted and locked Aanu’s shirt and pulled him closer.
Aanu made his head go up in flames, and puffed out black smokes from his mouth right at Remi, and followed next by series of barraging they sent at themselves.
“Ehhh!!!” Both Iyanu and Nubia chorused.
“You all have a lot of energy for someone who just barely escaped death” Gaga said from afar
Their attention all moved to the man standing before them.
“Sorry we are in the midst of business, can you give us some few minute, I have to teach this boy a bitter lesson” Remi shouted and pulled Aanu’s hair.
“Guys, that is the enemy right before us” Nubia shouted and went up in flames, she grabbed both Remi and Aanu by the head and slammed their head together.
“Factory data reset successful” Aanu said and sighed.
Gaga dashed at them and in an instant he was in their midst, he rammed his fist at Remi, who quickly used his hands to intercept the punch that came at his chest, but still wasn’t enough to as the punch threw him off balance and smashed him against the wall.
He launched a punch at Nubia, who managed to harden her body and the scales on them, ramming his fist at her, Gaga screamed at the top of his voice and forced his punch on Nubia, breaking the scales on her body and sending her off her feet.
He focused next on Iyanu, and sent a punch at her, Aanu quickly dived inbetween Iyanu and the punch, covering her and intercepting the punch, since she was the weakest among them and her magic wasn’t the offensive type.
Aanu screamed as the punch hit him hard on his back, but still he maintained his ground, but wriggling in pain. He coughed out blood from his mouth and looked at Iyanu who was already gripped with fear.
“You all took my punch and are still breathing well” Gaga said and smiled “You deserve accolades”
Remi shot himself out of the wall he was stuck in, gathering wind beneath his leg and using them as propeller, he got closer to Gaga and smashed his face with his knees and instantly Gaga turned into white fume and dispersed.
“A clone” Aanu muttered and groaned in pain.
“Stay while I heal you” Iyanu said and placed her hands on Aanu’s back and her hands began to glow while it healed Aanu.
“I am weak, if I continue like this I am sure to put everyone here in danger, I need to get stronger” Iyanu thought within herself as she healed Aanu.
“That was just a clone, imaging going up against the main user” Nubia said and cracked her neck bones.
“Either way, we have no option than to fight them” Remi said and jammed his fist together “And beside I just found a worthy opponent”
“Huhn wait, you mean I am not a worthy opponent?” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice and tried walking closer to Remi.
“You have to stay still and let HER HEAL YOU” Nubia shouted and bashed his head.
“Oouououuucchh ttaaatatatatat” Aanu shouted and gritted his teeth.
“This is as far as you can go” Gaga’s voice in multiple suddenly came from the exit.
Team Fury all focused their gaze on the clones before them, six in number
“We are outnumbered” Iyanu said in fear
“These ones are not worth fighting, we will bash them and go for the real one, Aanu if you think you are a worthy opponent, lets see who defeats the most” Remi said and smiled mischievously.
“That’s the spirit!!!” Aanu shouted at the top of his voice and breathe out fire.
Gaga instantly had a confused look on his face.
“This children are weird”

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Chapter 23
Gaga clones all ran up in an attack frenzy towards team fury. Annoyed by the interception in their discussion, both Remi and Aanu screamed at the top of their voice.
“We told you to wait!” they both chorused and sent a heavy wave of attack at Gaga with one swing of their fist.
The attack was so massive, it immediately dispersed all Gaga’s clone. Aanu breathed out loudly and made the flames on his hands died down.
“I hate it when I get interrupted” he said and cracked his neck bones.
Samson looked at Gaga who suddenly collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily and sweats trickling down his face.
“You were defeated?” Samson asked with a scornful look on his face.
Gaga gritted his teeth, all his clones taken out with just one wave of attack, he didn’t underestimated them, but whatever happened was something he wasn’t prepared for. Losing in one single blow.
“Seems we have to take care of business ourselves, the child is almost born, we have to buy time” Olu said and made electric current run through his eyeballs.
“You don’t need to find us, we found you already” Aanu said with an evil grin on his face, while his entire body went up in flames.
The crystal around the eyes suddenly cracked and a large portion of it fell crashing hard to the ground.
“It is almost done” Samson said and smiled.
Samson smashed his hands together and the compressed air around his hand burst out furiously.
“That is your man, Remi” Aanu said with a blank look on his face.
“I know, he uses exact power like me, the girls are disposed and injured, we have to take care of this ourselves” Remi said and clinched his fist.
Remi dashed at Samson, screaming at the top of his voice as he ran forward, he leaped into the air and sent a punch at him. Returning the gesture, their fists smashed together, which resulted in a shockwave that crashed down the entire underground building.
Aanu burst through from the boulder that came crashing on him, and dust his body off. While straining, lightning bolts from nowhere suddenly struck him.
“ZZaawerhehgghghghghghgh prrrruuururmmm!!” Aanu muttered gibberish as the lightning struck him.
As soon as the lightning was done with him, Aanu stood still with all the hairs on his head standing upright, his body covered in smoke and his clothes torn to pieces.
“Sniffff sniff” Aanu sniffed into the air “I smell like roasted mint” he said to him and growled softly as soon as he noticed a presence behind him.
“That was enough to kill an average human, you didn’t die means you are not human” Olu’s voice came behind him.
“I don’t know what you are saying, but you will have to pay for making smell so awful, how do you think I am going to taste?” Aanu said and shouted at the top of his voice.
“Is that something you should be worried about” Olu said and turned around to face the crystallized eye that was almost freed.
“What is that?” Aanu asked
“That is ultimate power, the blink of that eye can wipe out an entire nation” Olu replied proudly.
“Woooow, really, I am guessing once that crystal completely comes off, then you can control the eyes” Aanu said and folded his arms with a smile on his face.
“Yes, but there are still some blood rituals to be done, if no blood is spilled on it in five minutes, it goes dormant and get crystallized again” Olu replied calmly.
“What do you intend on doing with it’s power?”
“Take over the world and end this meaningless existence” Olu replied. “Wait, how is it that I was talking to you?” Olu asked and quickly turned to face Aanu.
Welcomed by an angered face and raging blood. Aanu made his body go up in intense flame that threatened to burn Olu’s cloth if he took a step closer. Even from the distance he was at, he could feel the rage of the flame.
“First, you make every child in this village miserable and now you plan on destroying this existence, do you know what it means to still have hope in existence? And how many people you will be denying the privilege of better life?” Aanu asked in rage.
He suddenly dashed at Olu, his speed so fast that it felt like he was almost invisible. He rammed his fist against Olu’s stomach and sent him off, crashing against the huge eyes.
Olu fell hard to the ground and before he could think of what next to do, Aanu was on him again, he held him by the head and smashed his face into the ground.
“Lighting of dead gaaaattteee!!” Olu shouted.
From above, lighting stroke down, hurling at Aanu. Aanu grabbed Olu and raised him above his head, using him to intercept his lightning.
“Aaarrrghhhhssuusshshsshsshqququq” Olu shouted out. “How are you faster than lightning?” he asked weakly.
“You don’t toy with the feelings of a man” Aanu replied and smashed him again into the ground.
The last crystal piece on the eye slowly came off. Remi suddenly crashed against the eye from above, shattering it into thousand of pieces.
“Pheeew, that was close” Aanu muttered as he watched the eye go down.
Samson came to a running landing next to Remi and screamed out in annoyance.
“What I have dedicated my entire life to, and now it comes crashing in minutes” He screamed and smashed his fist into the ground.
Remi chuckled and stood to his feet, watching as Samson shouted at the top of his voice in agony.
“Blame yourself for being weak” Remi replied and sniffed.
Samson growled and looked at Remi, the hairs on his head slowly began to grow in length, braided into seven equal part. His countenance immediately changed, red glowing eyes and the aura around him oozed evil.
Nubia grabbed Iyanu by the right arm and easily pulled her back.
“Remi told us to guard the village, there is a good reason for that, don’t let your stupidity get in the way of that, you also have responsibility” Nubia said to Iyanu with a stern voice.
“And that responsibility includes not abandoning a family” Iyanu replied and struggled to free herself.
“Now I know you are silly or something, what if something happens here, and have you realized you are the only weak person among us, all this is a way to protect you since you will get in their way and the only way to help is to listen to what they say and guard this village” Nubia said and threw Iyanu off balance.

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by samfrancis1(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2021
Thanks a lot Man, it's a great job you're doing,ore knowledge for you bro ... this is so lovely, abeg helpmyour boys not to be bored, if next update follow like this an full appreciation o.. well done ✅✅ once again bro
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 2:47pm On Sep 14, 2021
Chapter 24
Samson increased in height by some inches, growling like the demon he had turned into, he made a fist swayed his left hand in the air. The air that dispersed from his hand send strong air waves around, slightly moving Remi and Aanu backward.
“This is one monstrous power” Aanu muttered and wiped the sweat that broke out on his face.
“This is the real incarnation you don’t want to offend” Olu said weakly from where he laid barely conscious.
“You mean that is the spirit of Samson from the white man’s book?” Aanu asked with his eyes wide open.
“If you’ve read that book, then you should know how powerful he is now, he is unbeatable” Olu replied and chuckled.
“Really, but e get as dey take beat am naw” Aanu said with a devilish look on his face.
“If you have any idea, now is the right time to implement it!” Remi shouted at the top of his voice, realizing the huge margin of power between him and Samson.
“Well I have a good one, but I want him to beat you because of how much you’ve bullied me” Aanu shouted in reply.
“Oya sorry” Remi shouted back, as he watched Samson breath in and out heavily.
Aanu smiled and jammed his hands together
“Dancing flame technique, Delilah” He said and slammed both hands into the ground “It’s a good thing I learnt sexy techniques combined with impersonation magic” he said within him.
Aanu transformed into a tall and well shaped lady, dressed in light robes that barely covered the sensitive part of the body.
“Hello Samson” the lady said and gave angry Samson a seductive look and winked.
“Delilah is that you?” Samson said lowly and rapidly began to regain his consciousness.
“Fool, how is such trick enough to calm you?” Olu shouted from where he laid, but it didn’t seem to work.
From behind, Remi gathered all strength he could and smacked Samson on the back of his neck, which immediately made him fall to the ground unconscious.
“Phew, that was close” Remi said and breathe out in relief. “And I thought you were the one with the cleanest mind in the Jujuman Guild, how come you know about impersonation magic?”
“If anyone hear of this, I will have your head, we are done here”
“Get in touch with Nubia, we need to know what is happening in the village” Remi said and picked Samson’s unconscious body up.
“Since this is the source of the problem, everything should be back to normal, I don’t see the babies souls anywhere” Aanu said and walked closer to Olu and smacked him on the face “We get our reward, and deliver this body to the Magic Alter, they should know what to do with them” Aanu added.
As soon as Team Fury walked out of the main compound of the Magic Alter, they met with the Goddess Guild member, the particular team Ire was on.
At first he decided on ignoring them, but he noticed their mood and knew something was off.
“Where is Ire?” Aanu asked and intercepted them.
“We lost her on the mission” the team leader replied coldly.
Aanu raised his head up in shock, not wanting to believe what he heard.
“I ask where she is” Aanu said again, this time with a stern voice that showed the anger within him.
“We went after a group of outlaws, we didn’t know what happen to her, we all had to flee for our lives, they were too powerful for us to handle, it is safe to assume she is dead” the leader replied.
“You left a comrade in battle, not certain if she is dead or alive, and you came back here” Aanu said with gritted teeth.
“Where did your mission take place?” Aanu asked.
“Sussosori, the silent village” the leader replied and walked out on Aanu with the rest of the members.
“Are you planning on standing there, or we should get going, we have a friend to safe” Remi said and smiled brightly at him.

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Missmossy(f): 3:42pm On Sep 14, 2021
Such an enthralling piece, keep up the good work Devilpen.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
Chapter 25
Getting to Sussosori’s borders, Team Fury could see various blast coming from the distance, and hear the loud feedback those blast gave off. The tremors it sent off reached to where they stood. The sky covered in dark clouds and some patch of red in them.
“This is a war zone and we never get to hear of it” Remi said with his mouth wide agape.
“It’s a good thing we asked Iyanu to stay behind” Aanu said with an angry expression on his face and made thick smokes come out of his nostrils.
With Aanu leading the team, they jumped over the woods that was used as a border demarcation, and continued running as fast as their legs could carry them. Easily dodging the stray blast that came at them. On getting into the main village, they all ran into a building to take shelter and plan their next move.
“To think that this village isnt taken as a priority” Nubia said and peeped out from the tiny hole on the wall.
“It isnt called the Silent Village for just any reason, now we know why” Remi said “I think the Magic Alter, sent the ladies guild, thinking it was a job for them” Aanu replied.
“Not at all, it was a scouting mission” a fragile voice replied them from the dark corner of the room.
Aanu lit up his arms to illuminate the room and slowly from the far right corner an aged woman began to approach them.
“Who are you?” Remi asked calmly.
“I am one of this village elder” the woman replied revealing a set of loosed tooth in her mouth.
“I saw them come into the village, Sussosori is a village clouded in mystery, our affairs are made private, we have our own rule and we never got in touch with the outside world, those girls were sent by the tops of your city to scout and return intel” the woman said and walked towards the left.
“I’m sorry, but do you happen to see a girl among them?” Aanu asked
“Heeeeyyye, they are all girls na, what kind of question do you ask?” Nubia replied Aanu and grunted.
“I know who you ask for, it is surprising another member came for her, when her initial comrades left her to die, because of her act of kindness” the woman replied and pulled out a stool from the dark corners and sat on it.
“She is my friend and I don’t leave my friends during hard moments” Aanu replied and made the fire around his arms glow brighter.
The woman sighed and stared at Aanu for a while before speaking.
“If she is lucky, she should still be alive, held captive by Inoki” the woman said “Go where the battle is most intense and you will know what next to do” The woman said and pointed at the exit.
“What is the cause of the war?” Remi asked.
“Two main tribes have the monopoly of power in this village, the Inoki, Clan of the Gorillas and Crimson Lion, a child of the Crimson Lion was murdered by the Inoki and that escalated into the war we now see, it has been on for two years now, but it is hard not to belief that there are other motives behind this war, and it is hiding behind the death of the child” the woman replied and sighed “That is enough for one day, I hope I met you on the other side” she said and disappeared.
“Other side my foot” Aanu replied “You should die alone and don’t think of dragging other people along” he added as they dashed out of the building.
Getting closer to the part where the blasting noise came from the most, they began to see clearly what was before them. Far from the village was the battle ground, where both sides of the clan were engage in a furious duo. Using various magic powers and killing each other like life meant nothing.
“What do we do, we cant just talking to them” Nubia said
“It’s simple, we will beat up both sides” Aanu replied with gritted teeth.
“I love that plan” Remi replied and slammed his fist together. “Hopefully she is still alive”
“And if she isnt, I will kill every single one of them, return back to the city and kill every single one the girls in that girl’s scout guild” Aanu replied and made his entire body go up in flames.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:06am On Sep 17, 2021
Chapter 26
“This is the first time I will be getting serious” Remi said and next was his white eyes glowing brightly, bringing out the true strength hidden in him.
He looked to the right at Aanu and noticed some odd changes in him, but decided to keep mute about it. Right on Aanu’s forehead was a little dragon horn on it. The flames around his body completely turned not to be red but green.
“What are you?” Remi muttered while they continued running towards the battle ground.
“Remi” Aanu called out with a stern look, still focused on the mission at hand.
“I sense her magic power, she is held hostage by those on the right” he said and tilted his head to look at Remi. “Why is your eyes all white, I know your eyes are completely white, but its brighter and looks like crystal”
“I am using 50 percent of my power” Remi answered “I could ask the same thing about you, your energy is off chart” Remi said within himself.
“Ohh, so there is something like that, and I don’t know about it” Aanu said and stick out his tongue at Remi “Show off”
Remi leaped into the air and smashed his hands together, screaming at the top of his voice, on making contact with the ground, he smashed his hands into it. On impact, the ground cracked and sent shock wave all over, sending both sides of the warriors off balance in an instance.
Taking advantage of the dust that raised into the air, they both began to run rampage on both sides.
Within the dust all that could be seen was white flashing light from Remi’s hands and green flames from Aanu, followed by noise of war.
The dust slowly died down, revealing all soldiers already defeated and Team Fury’s duo standing next to each other in their power mode.
Inoki the Clan Leader of the Inoki Tribe walked forward and also Crimson Lion walked forward.
“Who are you?” Inoki asked and pointed his sword forward at Remi and Aanu, who were still in their power mode.
“You have something that belongs to us and we are here for that” Aanu replied and pointed at the cage on the far side behind Inoki.
“The girl, after defeating that bastard on the other side, I am planning on coming after Jemba, with my secret weapon and bring it down to it’s knees” Inoki said with a vicious look on his face.
“What did you say?” Remi asked and growled softly
“I will overthrow….” Before he could finish his statement. Both Remi and Aanu suddenly appeared before him and gave him an uppercut that sent him into the sky.
“Omo ale” Aanu said and grinned as he turned towards the other side of the war.
“Two of you took out an entire army of more than 50 thousand soldiers on both sides in one attack” Crimson Lion said and began to walk closer to the.
“It doesn’t concern us” Aanu replied and cracked his knuckles.
“Calm down, I myself is no man that cherish war” Crimson Lion said and dropped his axe to the ground. “This war has been going on for years and more lives has been lost, the other person thinks like the monkey he is, doesn’t reason” Crimson Lion said and sat on the ground.
“Sit with me” He added and smiled at them.
Aanu looked at the cage where unconscious Ire was kept.
“Seeking bullet” he muttered and made flames like bullet shot out from his right middle finger.
He watched as the bullet smashed the cage into pieces and increased in size, wrapping itself around Ire, elevated her in the air and brought her to him.
“What do you want to talk about?” Remi asked and sat down.
Returning to his normal state, Aanu exhaled deeply already feeling exhausted, he sat down gently and laid her head on his leg.
“Did you met anybody when you were coming into the village?” Crimson Lion asked
“Yes, an old lady, she told us about the war and the cause” Remi replied.
“She lied” Crimson Lion replied and sighed “She is known as the Temper, although that isnt her true form, like every other evil minded person, she is bent on world domination” Crimson Lion said and sniffed
“We still don’t understand you” Aanu said.
“She took the form of Inoki and killed my only child, took my form and disposed of Inoki’s wife, which turned out to be war, I figured this out and tried reasoning with the monkey, but he was hell bent on revenge, to expand the war, she had that played her game and made that lady captured, so when she dies, it is possible to increase the scale of war” Crimson Lion said.
“Hmm, like assuming she was dead, I would go overboard and kill all of you, or if I get killed, words get out to the village, our guild retaliates and it continues that way” Remi replied.
“Exactly” Crimson Lion replied.
“But what was it Inoki was saying about world domination?” Aanu asked.
“Like I said, he is a monkey that fails to reason” Crimson Lion replied.
“What are you planning on doing from now” Remi asked Crimson Lion and stared deep at him.
“Inoki should be out of the trance he was placed in with that massive attack you landed on him, after this is settled, I am going after Temper and I will have her head” Crimson Lion replied and stood up. “I hope to see you both soon”
“Hopefully” Remi replied while he and Aanu stood up.
“Alright, we have what we came for, and we are going out of here” Aanu said.
Crimson Lion gave a warm genuine smiled and slowly his countenance changed
“What’s wrong?” Remi asked.
“I wished my son would have grown into a fine man like you both” Crimson Lion said and smiled “I will send words to the Magic Alter of Jemba and tell them about your great deeds” Crimson Lion said and turned around to look at his soldiers.
“Attend to the wounded!” he shouted at the top of his voice and walked off.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by AceRoyal: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
Devil pen you're just too good!

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by banky3w(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
Damn! I love this story!

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Nuel45(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
Love this story

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Just cant get enough... Thanks for the update
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Chapter 27
Ire slowly opened her eyes and strained as she looked around the room she was in, except for the table near the bed, it was empty. Unsure about what was happening.
She managed to get off the bed and whimpered as she felt a sharp pain run through her head, she got to the door and opened it, then proceed forward going out. From afar, at the end of the hallway she could hear shouts and screams.
She began to walk as fast as her legs could carry her, the noises she heard were what seems to be that of conflict and at the same time she could sense dangerous magic powers all over. Reaching the end of the hallway, she gasped at the scene before her.
She looked around with her mouth wide again, moving her eyes from one part to another until she saw the Jujuman Guild Logo. The entire member was engaged in a tough fight, everyone randomly fighting each other.
Trigger shouted at the top of his voice and made huge barrels out of his palms, stretching it forward. He grinned wicked and opened fire on everyone.
“Why do you have to go overboard?!!!!!” Henry shouted and dived to take cover and so did others.
Ire also took to her heels and ran back into the hallway. A loud explosion followed next, sending shockwave all over that sent Ire off balance.
The noise soon died down and Ire raised her head, fear written all over her face. She picked herself up and went back towards the hallway exit, that lead into the guild hall.
Aanu screamed at the top of his voice, and dashed towards Trigger, his body engulfed in flames.
“Do you want me to die before my time?” he shouted at Trigger and landed a punch on his face which sent him off and crashed against the wall.
“Yeaaahhhhh, let’s go for round seven” Sade the Brain wash magic user shouted and jammed her hands together.
“Everyone close your eyes, I don’t want her to brainwash me and then I start walking naked again” Remi shouted and quickly found a place to hid himself.
Ire sighed and continued walking towards the hall where the rumbling was going on. As soon as she walked close to Wura. Wura let out a loud shout.
“She is awake” Wura, the Guild’s youngest shouted drawing everyone’s attention.
“You came back for me” Ire said in shame, remembering what she had done to Aanu at the train station.
“You don’t have to think about that, friends never let friends be without friends” Aanu said rubbing his hair, while trying to figure out what he said.
“What did you just say, are you trying to play on words because you are bad at it” Remi said and stared at Aanu.
“Yeah, I agree with him” Nubia added.
“What you said was perfect and befitting for a king” Iyanu said and curled herself up on Aanu.
Nubia grabbed Iyanu by the arms, and forced her off Aanu and gritted her teeth at her.
“I have warned you not to get so close to him again, do you want to die?” Nubia asked in annoyance and made smoke come out from her nostrils.
Seeing this scene, Remi flashed back to what Aanu had transformed into while they were fighting at the war front and stood up.
“I have things to take care of in the city” Remi said and walked out on them “Master should be around soon, we will go talk to him to see if she can join our guild, I am sure he is destroying the Magic Alter Hall with overload of happiness, we will have the chance to prove that our guild is the strongest in the upcoming Power Guild Ceremony in two-month time” Remi said and smiled at them before finally walking out of the guild hall.
Dami tied his white towel around his waist, as soon as he paid to use the hot bath in town. He smiled with evil intent and began to walk towards the bath for men.
“Have a nice time sir, and since you are Jujuman Guild member, I trust you know how to have fun, but try not to destroy any of our properties” the receptionist said to him.
“You don’t have to worry, I am only here for sightseeing” Dami replied walked off.
He got himself into the tub and fortunately he was the only one around, he knew how to make a perfect timing of when he would be the only one using the bath tub. He smiled as he heard ladies screams coming from the other side of the pool.
Separated only by a large wood structure which was no problem for him. Dami smiled and began to move very fast in one position
DAMI’S POWER: BLINK MAGIC (Superspeed, the speed of the blink of an eye and Teleportation)
Splitting himself into two, one was the original, while the other one as a result of his speed mirage. He dived into the pool and swam towards the barricade, and phased through.
“This is heaven” Dami thought within himself at the view before him.
While he was still on his mission, he saw someone swimming towards him and saw it was Tolu the Demon magic user. Realizing he was in trouble, he blinked his eyes and disappeared.
“I will surely still have to blind those eyes of yours” Tolu thought and grinned.
Tolu dropped from the sky and rammed through the roof of the Magic Alter, he landed on his hard on the ground and let out a loud cry. He looked around and saw various curious eyes staring at him.
Teenagers like himself all dressed in the superior magic robe, only attainable by the best of magicians in the city.
“What is happening here” A voice asked.
“He suddenly came crashing from the roof top” another replied
“Cease him, we were supposed to be kept a secret from the world, cease him” the voice shouted again.
Unsure about what was going on, Dami knew he had to escape, immediately he blinked his eyes and disappeared.
He appeared in mid air in the guild and crashed on the table before Ekun.
“There you are!” Tolu shouted and summoned out her demons
Before Dami could blink again to teleport, two huge demons held him down
“You cant disappear when you are held down” She said as she began to ran at him.
“But I can still superspeed, but it is not necessary, I saw something really odd and I thought I should let every one know about it” Dami said.
This was the very first time there was seriousness in his tone. Noticing this, Tolu halted and withdrew her demons and Ekun stood to his feet and walked closer to Dami, and soon the whole guild was gathered together.
“What did you see?” Ekun asked.
“First, Tolu has some set of hot grapes” he said and licked his lips.
A hard knock came at his head, that instantly brought him back to reality.
“What did you see?” Ekun asked again, this time with an evil aura flowing out of him.
“I saw kids of our age, dressed in the Superior Magic Robe, meant for high level magicians and retired guild masters” Dami said and gulped.
“Really”
“Yes”
“So the rumors are true, the Junior Council of Wizards truly exist” Ekun said and smirked
“Is that a threat?” Remi asked calmly.
“Yes, but although I am not sure, but if the Council has something like that, then they are into some odd things and they don’t want the world to know about it, we have investigate them secretly and know what to do, I fell somehow this is connected to the underground lab you busted that brought us to limelight” Ekun said and paused for a while before speaking again “I have been making investigation on my own and with this, I cant help but feel that way”
“What do we do now?” Dara the witch asked.
“We are taking a two month holiday meant for training and preparation for the End of the Year Power Guild Ceremony, if we win the competition then we can ask for a challenge and call them out for the whole world to see”
Dami raised his hand slowly signaling he wants to ask a question.
“Will there be hot tub where we go for the training, I need to sightsee” He asked lowly.
“Yes, a hot tub filled with your blood” Ekun replied

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2021
Thanks for the update, happy sunday Op...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card. / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie / Trapped By Passion (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.