Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,919 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Juju Man - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Juju Man (22781 Views)

This Thing Called Juju. / The Document By Asuquo Udo. The Mysterious Ebony Carver. Juju Rock / Introduction To Afro Science Fiction And Juju Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2021
Arc 4
Chapter 6
Gudambolt slashed his swords at his Master's chest, splitting him to two halves. Within the blink of an eyes, the split body joined back together.
"You've grown weak"
"I've grown old, but that doesn't mean I won't drag your yansh on the ground" Gudambolt replied and sniffed.
Troops of demon broke into the city ones the defense line was down. Everyone got engaged in a hated fight with the demons that easily overpowered them.
Adis landed hard on the ground, making the shock wave sent large number of demons into the air. He leaped into the air, and smashed a demon on the chest which made it explode, he appeared before another and rammed his fist into its stomach.
"Actioooooonnnnn Doggggsssss!!!! " he shouted and a huge art of dogs appeared in the city.
"Don't just stand, protect your land!! " Adis the Guild Master for action dog shouted at the top of his voice
He landed and bit his thumb, smashed his palm against the ground and took transformation. His body features instantly changed, his ears transformed into that of a wolf, his nose took transformation of a wolf's and his body muscles increased along with his physical abilities. amd in an instant he dashed off.
The Jujuman Guild members were arraigned to court. Already filled with witnesses who we're all hits skin.
After taking the oath and done all things necessary the session proceeded.
"You stand before this honorable court today on the charges against you, which states Spying, destruction of public properties, illegal immigration, and use of magic" the judge said, took a short pause and contineed.
"You against the society, where is your lawyer? "
"I'm sorry I'm late" a familiar voice said from the entrance
"Vee" Ekun said and grinned.
Vee watched as the whole guild was silent and sighed.
"I saved you back there, you should be thankful, that aside have you heard the rumors going about? " Vee asked.
"What rumor? " Omni asked and looked at Ekun who didn't bother about what they were saying.
"Jemba is fighting a war, and they are loosing"
At this the whole Jujuman member stood to their feet.
"You think I'd believe what you say" Ekun said and chuckled.
"Then you'd believe when the enemy lay their hands on the Grudge Machine" she said
At this Ekun stood to his feet with shock written all over his face.
"No one should know about that, how did you? "
"I shouldn't be here in the first place, I shouldn't be sharing the room with someone who dispise me" she said and disappeared.
"Quickly set course for Jemba! " Ekun shouted.
"Boss, we don't have enough teleportation fuel to make the trip" Remi said out.
"How long does it take on feet"
"Four days"
"How about we steal those air balloons we saw" Aanu suggested.
"We don't have any moment to waste, we barge into that city, get what we want and we head or Jemba" Ekun ordered and leaped down from the top floor.
"Dami, I want you to do a recon, go ahead of us to Jemba, and report the situation. " Omni added

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 9:07am On Dec 12, 2021
DEVILPEN, you de try no be small. but i was hoping that you'd be updating more episodes since it seems you now update on weekends. you are the boss tho, and i greatly appreciate your effort and work.

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
Arc 4
Chapter 7
Marun turned visible as soon as he got to the entrance where the supposed Grudge Machine was supposed to be. With everyone distracted by the ongoing fight, he had enough time and no hinderance.
As soon as he load his hands on the huge door knob, he noticed a presence behind him.
"I knew someone would be sneaky" Vic said behind him and pulled off her overall leather jacket.
"I assume you're a member of the magic alter" Marun said and chuckled.
Vic suddenly dashed at the midget in front of her and sent a kick at him.
Easily rolling on the ground, Marun dodged the kick and dived for safety as soon as another came at him.
Vic grunted and next was redcircles around her wrist
"Dashing daaarrrtttsss" she shouted and immediately short sharp arrows began to hurl at Marun.
Unable to dodge them, the arrows found their mark on his body.
"Poison, is this your power, poison weapons and marksmanship, you never miss, or rather, when you aim, your targets are glued to a point, which makes it looks like you have a perfect aim" Marun said and managed to stand up.
"I'm a bad match for you, I am a herb magic user and I'm immune to poison" Marun said and laughed out loudly.
Vic grinned and rushed at him, and began to send furious kick attracts at him.
"Stay one place and let me crush you like the ant that you are!! " Vic shouted out of frustration.
"Magic herb, trance flower" Marun muttered and intercepted annattack, grabbed Vic's leg and let the effect of his magic get on her.
Vic fell to the ground and began to grow cold, while her body slowly began to go pale.
"Tch" Marun said and pushed the gaint door open and before him was his objective.
"Such beauty"
Dami came to a hard halt right in the city of Jemba which was already a former shadow of itself. Everything laid in ruins, various magics blasting off and loud cry of pains.
He began to pant heavily and tried to get a hold. Of himself.
"I can't return back, I have to help"
He appeared before Tami who was engaged with a demon and assisted.
"You are from the Juju man guild? " Tami asked as he shot hard wind into the skull of a demon.
"Yes! "
"What of Aanu? We need all the help we can get and Ire? "
"They should be here anytime soon, any plan? "
"No, the Magic Alter is made up of bunch of dull adults, and last I heard the King is fatally injured, everyone has exhausted their magic gauge" Tami said.
The earth suddenly shook vigorously sending everyone in Jemba off balance including demons.
"Yes, he got the Grudge machine, ATTTTTAAACKKKKK!!!! " Mefa shouted to the remaining troop.
"And lay waste To everyone"
The Jujuman guild infiltrated the port where hot air balloons were kept for public transport and overpowered all the workers.
"We take the largest one" Ekun said and entered first "Ore, take the wheels".
Gudambolt smahsrd hard against the wall and vomited blood from his mouth, he could fell broken and and he was drained.
"You're weak as always" his master said and sighed.
"You have to defeat me, i am doing this agaisnt my will! " Gudambolt's master yelled at him.
Gudambolt tried getting up but fell hard to the ground
"I am at my limit, nothing I do works, you keep regenrating at incredible pace"
"Is that an excuse for not being able. To protect your city? "

5 Likes

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
i just wish the book and the animi version is complete. the suspence is much
Re: Juju Man by preshman22: 6:13am On Dec 13, 2021
Which kind suspenseful be this na? undecided

Now when story don dey sweet.
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
Arc4
Chapter 8
Ore steered the airship hard to, narrowly dodging the missile that was shot at them from he pursuing military airship.
She pulled various gears before her, calm as she did it anf filled with excitement.
"They are firing!! " Aanu shouted out loud
"We can't fight back, we have to find a way to get away, Omni can't you do somethin? " Ayo asked, whole standing next to Ore.
"I can't" Omni replied.
Various missiles launched at them, which looked it was impossible to evade all.
Both Aanu and Remi suddenly fell to the ground, panting and sweating heavily, and at the same time vomiting.
"Eeeewwww!!! "
"I thought you guys don't have weakness, you're both scared of height and flight? " Ayo said and went into wild laughter.
"Guys, we have death on our tail" James shouted as he watch the missiles get closer.
Ekun gritted his teeth and walked towards the door. He looked to the ground and saw they were distance away from the city and ree from casualties
"Collapse" he said and smashed his palms together and immediatey all missiles fell the ground.
He sliced his right palm with a blade and splashed the blood outsid in the air and immediately the splashed blood turns into thick mist.
"We lost them" Ekun aid and walked towards the control center where Ore was seated.
"How long? "
"Thirty minutes, we should be there " Ayo replied
Gudambolt fell hard to the ground as his blade pierced his right shoulder and pinned him hard against the wall.
His master picked the other blade from the ground and began to approach Gudambolt.
"I'm sorry, I can't stop myself"
A heavy force suddenly smashed agaisnt Gudambolt's master, which shattered him to into million piece that he was unable to regnerate.
Dami looked around and pulled the sword out of Gudambolt's shoulder and caught him before he could fall to the ground.
"Careful" Dami said and gently laid Gudambolt.
"You're from Jujuman"
"Yes"
"Good, i sent the Junior magic alter out of the city, i need you to guard the Grudge Machine, its..... " Gudambolt said and gave Dami the location and coughed out blood.
"I understand" Dami replied and dashed off at super speed.
Demons stormed into the city, crushing everything in the part.
"We can't hold them much more longer" LadyVermilion shouted as she smashed the head of a demon with her heels.
"Fight lady!!! " Adis shouted and ripped a demon into half.
Various magic powers blasted off, from all angles of the city.
Marun marched on towards the local of the Grudge machine, easily overpowrring guild fighters in his path.
"Death Pill" he said and placed a gas mask on his nose and next was purple colored deadly gas spreading all over the city, and instantly dropping down those who inhaled it.
Woth every strong demon taking the front lead, Marun became invisible and untouchable as the demons did the job for him.
Mefa stood before the machine a became overwhelmed.
"This will bring the world to its feet" he muttered and sighed out loudly.
Mega materialzed next to Vee who was standing before a large crystal.
"So you'll help me get my body back" Vee muttered and sighed.
"We have a mutual enemy, i give you your body which is inside that crystal, and once Im free by those two gullible people, we take them by surprise, you have things to settle with your father and I have an issue also with my brother which is right hand w, and the world will be ours to rule" Mega said.
"Sounds convienent " Vee replied
"Stand back" Mega said and moved forward.
while dadhing with the speed of light, Dami's leg suddenly was caught between two stones and he tumbled almost a hundred times before coming to a hard stop.
AAAARRRGGGGGGGGG
He screamed out, as he looked at his broken leg, with the bone piercing through the flesh.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2021
Arc 4
Chapter 9
Omni suddenly felt a jolt run through his body and looked at Ekun who had felt the same thing, and without saying anyword to anyone, they both jumped out of the airship.
"What's wrong with them? " Henry asked confused as everyone else.
Omni suddenly appeared behind Marun who was already turning on the Grudge Machine and having it in its final stage.
"Stand back" Omni said and stretched out his left hand which immediatwly had a threatening fireball in front.
Marin slowly turned around smiled a Omni
"I was beginning to think you won't come, O god of magic " Marun replied and chuckled.
"Here I have a little present for you" Marun added and threw a purple gem to the ground.
At this Omni suddenly collapsed to the ground, panting heavily. He tried crawling off.
Marun sighed and rammed his feet at Omni's back.
"A god beneath the feet of a man, magnificent" Marun shouted. "I would have loved to kill you, but he needs to do it for himself "
Ekun rammed his body through the metal door that led to where Vee's body was held prisoner and stood in shock at what he saw.
Vee was standing right before the broken crystal prison nude, slimy liquid dripped down her body. She slowly turned around to look at her father and smiled at him.
Apart from her magic, he could feel another magic which was growing faint.
"Hello father" Vee said anf giggled "What will you do now? Imprison me again? "
Ekun stood still breathing heavily.
She got closer and gave him a tight hug
"What are you doing? " Ekun asked.
"I know what you did and why you had me in there" Vee replied him, still maintaining the hug.
"You know? "
"Every single details" she said and broke the hug "thank you".
Mega appeared next to Marun and snarled at him.
"I got you what you wanted, the effect of the god magic will soon wear off on him" Marun said.
Mega grabbed Marun by the neck and snapped it easily, tore his head apart and used the blood to draw a circle around Omni.
He threw the lifeless body to the ground and instantly it turned turned dark soot. Mega snapped his fingers and next the blood turned into black flames.
Mega went on his knees and began to mumble odd words. The tension in the room grew that it began to shake all corners of the building.
While in the airship, they could see Jemba up ahead. Ray felt a odd presence within him.
"Father! " he grumbled and leaped out also out of the airship.
"What is wrong with all of them leaping out of the airship? " Norris asked while shouting at the top of his voice.
"Look, demons in the city, everybody disembark" Ore shouted.
"What about these two mumu, who passed out cade of height? " Trigger asked.
"Get them off! " Ore said and snarled.
She smashed a button on the left panel and made ma battling guns beneath the ship to come out and began heating up.
Nubia grabbed Remi and Aanu, spread out her wings and flew out of the plane.
"You'll need me here" Ayo said "Henry, we will lower the ship, so you can easily get off, and Iyanu also"
"I am back!!! " Mega shouted with a reechoing voice that threatened to pull off the pillars of the building.
"And you brother, shall feel the pain of imprisonment "
"Not today" Ray replied.
Mega turned around and saw his son, then gave out a wild smile.
"Prince of darkness" Mega said "Have you come to join me? "
Ray walked closer and lifted Omni in his hands
"Leave this city this instant" Ray said.
"I knew you would turn your back on me"
"I SAID LEAVE" Ray thundered and instantly the ground cracked and his eyes gave out green glows.
Without utteting any words Mega disappeared.

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Cashwrld(m): 9:50am On Dec 20, 2021
Devilpen:
Arc 4
"I am back!!! " Mega shouted with a reechoing voice that threatened to pull off the pillars of the building.
"And you brother, shall feel the pain of imprisonment "
"Not today" Ray replied.
Mega turned around and saw his son, then gave out a wild smile.
"Prince of darkness" Mega said "Have you come to join me? "
Ray walked closer and lifted Omni in his hands
"Leave this city this instant" Ray said.
"I knew you would turn your back on me"
"I SAID LEAVE" Ray thundered and instantly the ground cracked and his eyes gave out green glows.
Without utteting any words Mega disappeared.
Thanks for the update�
Re: Juju Man by preshman22: 11:06am On Dec 21, 2021
Please stop posting this story on nairaland

We will wait until the animation is ready
There we can enjoy the story
Re: Juju Man by ashatoda: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2021
preshman22:

What do you mean? Is it everybody that watches animation? Please let's read the story as it comes the animation might even come with a new twist which will make it more interesting. @Devilpen please continue posting o I am following you back to back

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2021
preshman22:

you will just open your mouth waa!! and talk wetin go make me knock you for head. if devilpen should stop now, na me and you go worry pass. how far hope say you don chop today bro?
Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Thanks for the update... So ray is stronger than his dad, the whole king of dark magic.
Re: Juju Man by preshman22: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
germaphobe:
you will just open your mouth waa!! and talk wetin go make me knock you for head. if devilpen should stop now, na me and you go worry pass. how far hope say you don chop today bro?
That is what I prefer
If we continue reading this story here there will be no need to watch the animated version

Because we will all know what will happen
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
Fourth Dimension
Aanu tiptoed into Remi's room and tapped him by the shoulder. Remi opened his eyes and yawns out but quickly Aanu placed his hands over his mouth.
"Sshhhh" Aanu said and signaled Remi to be quiet.
"What's wrong? " Remi asked and sat on his bed.
"I found something" Aanu said "The fourth dimension" he said and took a short pause then continued.
"The main creator, the person giving us breathe" Aanu said "More like the person who control our life, who writes us how he wants us to be"
"You don start again" Remi said and sighed
"I'm serious, follow me"
They both pushed a heavy woods door to the ground and right before them was a shiny orb.
"There that's him in the orb, his birthday is tomorrow and guess what"
Remi walks close to the orb and looked at eh figure that was laying on his bed.
"Wow, that's my picture on the wall, everyone's picture, that screen has our images walking continuously " Remi said.
"That's something he calls animation" Aanu replied. "His name is Prime, he writes oh story under the guise of Devilpen"
"Weird name " Remi sad and chuckled.
"Look a him, he has no pls for tomorrow, has no friend, e no even get person wey dey rub him head, very single Pringles human being" Aanu said and bursted into laughter.
"Means he lives a boring life? "Remi asked
"He seeks fun, but he finds none, doesn't know how to, all he ever does is write stories, animate, sleep, eat, wake and continue the cycle".
"Maybe that's why our romance life is shaky in our stories he write" Remi said with a goofy look.
"You what your experience, this on has none of that " Aanu said and went into a loud laughter.
"But he is fine o"
"I know right, he needs our help"
"Remember we are just his tools for entertaining readers and he gives out his contents for free" Remi said.
"We can't help it. He almost kills me in the series"
Remi sighed and lowers hid head
"Is there a way to break through the fourth dimension? " Remi asked.
"I saw his script he has for us, we both would break this dimension in the future when we get animated" Aanu answered.
"I see"
"We've over stayed our time here, let's move" Aanu suggested and turned around to leave.
"We shall see him when we break the forth dimension. "
"He doesnt even edit his stories before posting, very anyhow fellow, and he will explain when we see him, morrafuka"

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Colynx(m): 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Devilpen:
Fourth Dimension
Aanu tiptoed .......

Fans of Devilpen that are female and single - oya shoot ya shots

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by collinometricx: 1:12am On Dec 24, 2021
Devilpen: . "
"He doesnt even edit his stories before posting, very anyhow fellow, and he will explain when we see him, morrafuka"

This part..
Lol

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by samfrancis1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hmn
Re: Juju Man by Blackween(f): 1:49pm On Dec 31, 2021
Belated birthday Devilpen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2022
Arc 4
Chapter 10
As soon as their feets touched ground, both Aanu and Remi got well. Nubia sighed and snarled at them.
"Tch, there is very little you can do about phobias" Remi said and smashed his palms together.
"The party is almost over" Aanu added and went up in flames
Ray watched as the effect of the magic on Omni wore off and helped him to his feet.
"Mega is free" Omni said and grit his teeth
Ray sighed and turned around, while elevating in the air.
"I hate to admit this, but once father finally recuperate, we might not be able to stop him" Ray said and tightened his fist.
Omni looked at the Grudge Machine and got closer to it and powered it off.
Ray suddenly lifted his head and stretched his hand to he left
"Let him go" Omni said, also noticing the presence of Mefa that was also in the room trying to escape.
Ore placed her aim googles on her face and had a mischeivious look on her face. She grabbed the handles of the missile controller in the airship and began to fire at the dead armies and demons in the city.
TRRRAAAAAA!!!!! The barrels fired furiously, piercing and tearing apart. Missiles also doing their own damages.
"Ore is ment" Aanu shouted and covered himself with his flaming shield, as the bullets came at him
Taking complete control and single handedly changing the course of the fight. Ore let out wild laughter while firing.
"Everyone to safety, JujuMan are back, get out of the line of fire" Adis shouted and began to run as fast as his legs could carry him and dived under a collapsed building.
While Dami tried getting up to his feet, he heard the loud noise of spraying bullets getting closer to him and soon he could see the airship. He knew it was impossible for him to do anything about it and hoped for some miracle to happen.
He took a last breath as the bullets came at him. Tearing everything apart and sending dust into the air.
Dami opened his eyes and noticed he was still in one piece and also out of the fire line, he looked into the air and saw the airship, taking a turn to the left.
"Imagine the fastest man dying by mere bullets" Trigger said.
Dami turned towards the voice and saw Trigger puffing out smoke from his nostrils.
"You saved me"
"You are pathetic" Trigger said and morphed his left hand into a rocket launcher and took aim at the airship.
"What are you doing?"
"What does it look like I'm doing? You know how Ore is when she is obsessed with her metals and technology, she is a descendants of Ogun and you know how metal and technology excited them and drives them crazy" Trigger said and adjusted to the path of the airship.
"She will die"
"No she won't " Trigger said and fired out four missiles at the airship.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Smithwilliams826: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2022
Our new year gift.
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 11:07am On Jan 01, 2022
Arc 5
Chapter One
Ekun stood in front of the King who was seeated on his glowing throne.
"Eeerrr, the glowing throne represent the strength of his magic" Ekun thought within himself "How did he go down early in the fight?" Ekun thought and stared at the King.
"I've heard a whole lot about you and your guild" the King said and signalled to everyone else in the hall to vacate.
"What do you want with me?" Ekun asked as soon as everyone was out
"I want you to ascend this throne" the King said and stood to his feet "The next magic King"
Ekun almost chocked on his own laughter, trying to fight it back.
"Omo, you like rough play ooo" Ekun said and let out a slight cough.
"My magic is fading, I don't know why" The King said and watched how the expression on Ekun's face changed.
"That magic I feel in you, is almost on par with my magic" Ekun said
The King shrugged and began to descend the through the stairs. He pulled off the thick animal skin around his neck and revealed a paled skin from his neck down.
"What is that?" Ekun asked curiously
"A repercussion"
"Of what"
Ekun walked into his favorite bar in the city which was still under construction and found himself a lone spot and sat.
"The usual" he said out to the bar tender and watch on the far side, people who were gambling.
"It's unlike you to look away from gambling" GABA, Guild master for Heaven Chaser said and handed Ekun a cup.
"Eeerrr, what do you want?" Ekun asked "You all Guild master don't like I and my family"
"I happen to stop by" GABA replied and sat down before Ekun.
"What's going on in that big head of yours?" Gaba asked.
"Nothing, please just leave me"
"Let's gamble, I will pay the bills" Gaba said
Ekun looked at him and began tapping his fingers on the table.
"Is not like I don't like that offer ooo" Ekun said with a blush "let it not look like I'm angry sha" he said and stood up.
"The King of Gamble is BAAAACCCKKKKK!!!" Ekun shouted at the top of his voice
"It's my ment father again"Vee said on hearing Ekun's voice outside the bar

7 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:08am On Jan 07, 2022
Arc 5
Chapter Two
Ekun pulled out a cigarette stick from the pack with him and instantly the tip lit up. He looked at the thick forest in front of the guild hall from where he sat at the roof top of the guild and puffed out fumes from his mouth then sighed.
The guild was empty, since everyone already started taking missions and others helping in the reconstruction of the city and helping in little way they can. He moved the cigarette to the corner of his lips and bowed his head in thought.
"The guild is empty today" Omni's voice said behind him.
"Yeah"
"You only smoke when you are bothered, what's wrong?" Omni asked and sat next to Ekun and looked down from the height where they both sat.
"You read minds also, don't you?" Ekun asked calmly and puffed smoke out from his mouth.
"I rather not invade people's privacy, I might be a god, but I am also bounded by rules" Omni answered.
Ekun chuckled and spat out the cigarette and took another stick from the box and made it lit up too.
"The King wants me to take over" Ekun said.
"Really, I can feel his magic depleting rapidly, whatever happened to him when the invasion occured must be massive, he his losing his magic rapidly" Omni said, sighed and continued "He was hit by a very troublesome magic, that can't be undone, and each day his magic drastically goes down"
"You know this much"
"Eerr"
"That is not my kind of thing" Ekun said and stood up "Come on, teleport me to the King's court"
Appearing in the King's court, they were surprised to see the entire Guild masters around. Ekun looked at Omni and nodded at him, then walked up to Lady Vermillion and stared deep at her.
Caught off guard, Lady Vermillion let out a blush, while fumbling with her hair with her middle finger.
"He is staring at me, maybe he finally sees the beauty in me, but not in a situation like this, can't he read the room?" She thought within herself.
Ekun stared deep at her, squinted his eyes and sighed.
"The scar on your face is almost fading off" Ekun said and turned around to leave.
Lady Vermillion, grabbed him by the shoulder and as soon as Ekun turned around to face her, she rammed her fist straight into his stomach.
"Aaarrghhhh" Ekun shouted and fell down to the ground laying still
"I am getting old" Lady Vermillion said and walked pass him.
"I'm also getting old" Ekun said and managed to stand to his feet and just at that moment the King walked in.
The whole room went still as the King walked in, his magic presence overwhelming and almost intimidating.
"I believe this is the first audience we are all having with the King" GABA said
"I won't believe that" the King replied "Ekun is my friend and comes when he likes" the King added and smiled at Ekun.
"The hate just doubled up" Ekun muttered and he could feel the staring eyes falling on him.
"Allow me to state why I called you all here" The King said
Ekun raised his hands up, and spoke on the consent of the King.
"You didn't call me here, I came here for something else entirely" Ekun said
The whole Guild masters let out a loud sighed, disappointed at what Ekun said.
"Try calling your husband to his senses" Boyega whispered to Vermillion who was already heated up.
The King chuckled and spoke "I called you here" he said and smiled at Ekun.
The King looked at Omni briefly and knew who he was.
"I am looking for successor among you".

"It begins tomorrow" Omni said.
"They can begin, I am not interested in becoming a King, it's all children's play" Ekun replied.
Team Xclusive and Team Fury suddenly barged into the guild hall, shouting at the top of their voice.
"How was your mission?" Ekun asked with a smile.
"It's was simple, I think it's time we start taking some A plus missions" Aanu shouted at the top of his voice.
"Guess what?" Omni shouted "Ekun is becoming a King soon and the competition starts tomorrow".
The went up with wild joy. Soon the rest of the guild members walked in, heard the news and began to cheer their master.
"Ekun for King!!!!!!!!!!" Ore shouted at the top of her voice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Calenikan(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2022
Ekun for King grin grin grin
Re: Juju Man by collinometricx: 1:29pm On Jan 07, 2022
Thanks for the update
Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 7:15pm On Jan 07, 2022
Nice update Sir...
Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2022
Arc 5
Chapter Three
Norris grabbed Ekun by the shirt and gritted his teeth at him, he had a fierce look on his face and snarled.
"You are joining this race to become King, you opinion does not matter" Norris said and tightened his grip.
"Oga you dey choke me o" Ekun said and changed his aura into an evil one.
"Tch" Norris said and let go off his shirt.
"For once listen to us and join this thing na" Bibi said lowly.
Ekun sighed and looked up at the second floor of the guild hall and saw his daughter who leaned on the rails watching as the argument unfold.
He looked away and walked out on the members.
"Follow your papa talk o!!" Imole shouted and barged off.
"By the way, where is Remi and Omni, it's unlike them not to be the center of attraction here" James said
"Remi also, Nubia too, Iyanu and Ire, I have this feeling they actually up to something evil" Tobi said.
Aanu stood at the top of the caravan, spraying flowers into the air, while the parade was on going. Nubia flew in the air with a huge banner that wrote: VOTE EKUN FOR KING, FOR A PLEASANT LIVING
"You need the best, Ekun can give you, he is the man fit enough to be King, the good work he does has proven it all, he has saved you countless number of time, if you make him King, your survival is certain, your progress is assured, you don't have to live in fear..." Remi shouted through the public address system at the top of his voice.
Iyanu moved from one person to another sharing posters and asking people to support Ekun.
Inside the caravan, Omni had a smirk on his face as he transformed into Ekun and appeared at the top of the caravan neaide Aanu.
"Make me your King, I am the best suited for this position, my action speaks louder than my voice" he shouted.
"This is trouble!!!" Both Aanu and Omni muttered as they saw another huge crowd before them.
"This city is huge enough for everyone to do their stuff and not meet at all" Omni muttered.
Edun Ara, Guild master for King Guild turned his attention to the JujuMan canvasing team and decided to engage them.
"Vote for my master, he is the master of the King's Guild, so he is fit to be King" Tami shouted at the top of his voice.
"Really! Never thought Tami of all people could come up with such punch line" Aanu thought and waved his hand at his childhood friend.
"Nice punchline Tami, drop another one" Edun said and took a wierd posture.
"For a King that Kings his people deserves the right Kingship" Tami shouted.
"Eeerrr" Edun shouted in shock
"E shock you too ba" another guild member from the King Guild said.
"What are your plans for us when you become King?" Someone from the crowd asked, which was supported by a loud cheer.
"As for me Edun Ara, I will make Jemba the safest place, reduce your taxes, only the strong will protect, the weak will be safe. I will bring in policies that will balance the scale of wealth and even distribution"
The crowd gave him a loud cheer and turned to Ekun to say his.
"Eerrr, what will he do in a situation like this, I know it's something stupid, eeerrr, but that is how he wins the heart of people" Omni thought "Total mimick" he muttered.
"I will make you all sufffffffeeeeeeeerrrrrr!!" Ekun shouted at the top of his voice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
It must be that foolish ekun that gave such a reply, ommi is too intellgent to reply as such. Thanks for the update, pls make them lengthy if u can

2 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 12:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Arc 5
Chapter Four
Ekun tore the letter that was sent to him, by the King's messenger and screamed at the top of his voice.
"Did you just tear the debate invitation?" Aanu asked and went up in flames, and went into his dragon's influence state and grabbed Ekun by the shirt.
"Let go off me" Ekun said and growled.
The entire JujuMan Guild summoned out their powers and threatened their Master, each having a serious look in there face.
"You will have your way if you defeat me" Vee, Ekun's daughter said and smiled mischievously.
"Really, are you sure you will be enough?" Ekun asked and stared deep into Aanu's eyes.
"Don't worry I will go easy on you" Vee replied and walked out.
"You must become King" Aanu said and went back to his human form.
Ekun adjusted his shirt and smirked.
"Rebellious children, I don't know why you want me to he King, it's not my thing" He muttered and walked outside.
The whole JujuMan Members all stood at the roof top of the guild building, while they watch Ekun and Vee took their stance and prepared to fight.
Vee suddenly sat down on the ground and signalled to her father to also sit.
"What are you up to?" Ekun muttered.
"You will definitely win in a fight, I'm not stupid, in challenging you to a drinking competition" Vee said and raised her hands up.
Remi came out into the open with two 25 litre gallons of the strongest wine in the entire city and placed it right in front of them
"Eeerrr, so this is your game, nothing gives me joy than alcohol" Ekun said and already had his mouth salivating.
Nubia also walked out with two 25 litre gallons of wine and dropped it before them, making a total of four.
"The rule is simple" Vee said abd closed her eyes with a smile "First person to get drunk, if this isn't enough, more will be available"
"Like father like daughter" Trigger muttered "If the sea was wine, it still won't be enough for master alone"
Vee smashed the third gallon to the ground and raised another straight to her mouth, while Ekun was on his fifth.
"You just brought me to my own world" Ekun said.
Before Ekun could finish his fifth gallon, Vee has already gone down on her sixth. As soon as she dropped her sixth gallon she winked at Remi.
Remi took the gallon with him to Ekun who grabbed it selfishly and began to gulp it down, as soon as he got half way, he suddenly stood up to his feet and began to look around and suddenly passed out.
"That was close" Vee said and managed to pull herself up.
Omni smiled where he stood and sighed
"They knew they couldn't win him so they weed to his wine" he thought and disappeared.
"Yeeessssss!!!" Norris shouted "he is going to be King, now we need to move to the next phase of our plan" He shouted and leaped down the roof top of the guild hall.
"As his campaign manager, I also have work to do" Aanu shouted.

6 Likes

Re: Juju Man by Lakesc: 7:06am On Jan 17, 2022
This children will not kill ekun.. Thanks for the beautiful update.. We await the next!
Re: Juju Man by germaphobe(m): 7:07am On Jan 17, 2022
devilpen, i know we are all busy but try to feed us more. the suspense is too killing. you don try shaa

1 Like

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
Arc Five
Chapter 5
Ekun walked into his debate booth with a smirk on his face. The countdown to the election had already started and it was less than two weeks already. Other guild master took it so serious, and began to bring out their agendas and grand scheme for the development of the city. While the JujuMan was really behind in every aspect of the election process.
The hall was filled to the brim with everyone from the city, this time influence and status didn't really matter as everyone had a goal in mind.
From the right was Ekun, Adis, In, Justin, GABA, Juan, Edun Ara, Oba, and Lady Vermillion.
Soon everyone settled and the interviewers walked in and took their position on the podium and began.
"The election is less than two weeks away, what are your preparations?" The question was thrown at Justin.
Justin pulled his blonde hairs to the back and smiled before talking.
"Werey, small fine we won't rest" Ekun thought within himself and smirked.
"Well, knowing my roots and origin, as an half cast, I can do a whole lot more than imagined, have you been to the city of the White and see how organized they are even without magic powers, my brilliancy and strength is all that is needed and the right people in my cabinet. I have so many plans for the good people of Jemba, from bringing equality to everyone and make everyone have easy access to anything the wealthy can afford" he said.
Someone from the crowd raised up his hand and it was Ayo from the JujuMan Guild
"You said you would bring equality, but I did some digging into some of your past missions and saw it is a complete opposite to what you claim here" Ayo said.
"What do you mean?" Justin asked.
"Three years ago, you abandoned a mission to help a small village, facing threat agaisnt a notorious gang because they had no money " Ayo said and brought out a book
"I have evidence or do you have an objection to this?"
Justice grinned and began to breath heavily and clinched his fist
"We don't need a liar running for this kind of position, you will get power drunk, the same way you broke that kid's arm because he didn't serve you on time at the bar outside the city" Ayo added.
Justin groaned softly and looked at Ekun who quickly looked away. Soon the whole hall went into loud booing noises.
"Such shocking revelation, this has really dropped your good scores, hopefully you can still pull something through" am interviewer said and tried calming down the noise.
"Edun Ara, your guild are filled with violent members, but they are strong, how do you plan on curtailing them if you get power?"
Edun sighed, kept mute for a while.
"JujuMan are really a bone in the neck" he thought within himself and cleared his throat.
"My guild has no single violent member as you claim, our mission star proves that, we have a 80 percent success rate on missions and we are always ready to help. We have a strict law that punishes members who display erratic behaviours." Edun Ara said hoping no one counters him.
Again Ayo raised his hand from the crowd.
"How do you explain the violent and harsh behaviours of your members during the magic game ceremony, they clearly passed the boundaries, almost killing an opponent that already surrendered" Ayo said and continued "And from my findings no action was taken on this member, none that we heard of" Ayo said.
Edun Ara looked at Ekun who squeezed his face back at him and stuck out his tongue.
"How do you react to this allegations?" An interviewer asked.
"It was stupid on my part" Edun replied.
"Which means you don't have a say on your members, or you encourage these behaviours of theirs, which means when you become King it will only get worse" Ayo said.
The King where he sat had a bright smile on his face.
"This is getting really interesting" he said to the man next to him.
"Who do you support?" The man next to the King asked
"It's obvious isn't it?" The King replied
"I see"
Edun couldn't find a word to defend himself from what Ayo asked and could only grit his teeth.
GABA gulped as the interview turned to face him.
"You have a cure that can only cure three people, and your child, a member of your guild and a villager's child is sick, who would you cure first?"
GABA was taken back by the question, his child, a guild member and a villager
"My child" he answered and the whole hall went into an uproar
Suddenly Ayo raised up his hand
"I understand your feelings to save your child, but those that mean killing someone else's hope?" Ayo asked.
GABA suddenly lost his cool and screamed at Ayo
"Who are you supposed to be?!"
"This just confirmed you're not fit to be a leader, what's wrong with saving villager's child, your child signed up for death when he became a magic user, your guild member knows the risk, but the villager's child is who needs protecting" Ayo shouted back at him.
GABA clinched his fist and made huge boulder shoot out from the ground and launched it at Ayo, admist the huge crowd. At this the whole hall went into a frenzy.
The boulder suddenly turned to dust and Ekun was before GABA and grabbed him by the neck and raised him up
"I don't care what he says, but no one threatens my child while I'm around" Ekun said and let go off GABA.
"Do you see why I want him?" The King asked the person next to him."He doesn't care who you are and above all, he is the only guild master who doesn't have a guild member but children".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Juju Man by Devilpen(m): 8:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
Arc 5
Chapter 6
Omni helped Ore and Ayo lift a heavy machine off the ground and placed it on the massive hook that dropped from the rooftop of the large workshop and dusted his palms. He watched as Ayo ran analysis on the robots, airship and other prototype gadgets in the workshop and let out a bright smile on his face
"Why are you smiling?" Ayo asked and lifted his googles off his eyes.
Ore stopped the welding she was doing and turned to face Omni
"You should be helping Ekun with the campaign stuff, even if he doesn't want to be King " she said and pulled off her googles and wiped her face with the back of her palm.
"Aanu and others got this, at this moment this is the most important and I must make sure it goes well" Omni said.
"Goes well?" Ore asked "I can't help but feel there is something you aren't telling us" Ore said and walked closer to him "And I want to hear it" she said.
"There is nothing you should worry about, just know that this will either shale the future for good or for worse, that is why I am here to make sure nothing goes wrong" Omni said.
"Huh, that is it?" Ore asked
"Yes, nothing more"
"Then you should not be scared then, we are not breed of evils" Ore said and pulled back her googles with a smile on her face.
Ekun walked into a dark alley at late hours of the night and after some few minutes walked out with blood filled hands and a wide grin on his face. He looked around and leaped into the sky.
"Did you get that on tape" a calm voice asked and appeared behind a smaller figure.
"It went as planned, no one would believe it wasn't him and it won't only damage him, it will tarnish his entire existence".
"If I can't be King, then no one else is fit"
Aanu suddenly dashed into the guild hall in the early hours of the morning, panting heavily and next was Remi who also barged in
"Guys we are in trouble" Remi announced and pulled out the newspaper with him and three it at Ekun.
"Someone is framing you" Aanu said panting
"I never expected them to go this far, everybody lay low for now, u til we solve this, nobody goes to the city" Ekun announced
"Ayo, Henry, Norris and Dami, I want you four to gather information and report" Ekun ordered.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Onuorah Nzekwu Is Dead! (‘Eze Goes To School’ Author) / Women Should Be Treated As Those With “Joystick” – Chimamanda Adichie / Finally; Wole Soyinka Confirms He Destroyed His Green Card.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.