Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... (67567 Views)

Don’t Give Up On Your Dreams’, Sanwo-Olu Tells Rescued Street Kids / Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Maski87: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Youruba people do this all the time and no one complained, just look at ovation magazine, everyone shows off with money unfortunately this man took it to higher level,I see a lot of jealousy, the man and his friends are spending their money and not stolen government money, abeg comot make lwe hear something

5 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Allheart: 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them “A Talk Of The Town Life” – Reno

The former aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has condemned lavish burial ceremony, WonderTV Media reports.

In a video he posted on social media, he applauded Muslims for their modest way of
life.

Reno stated that one of the wealthiest men on earth King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was buried as a simple man in an unmarked grave. He listed other great men, some from the Bible who were also buried in a simple way.

The video came one hour after he made a post on his Instagram page advising children to work hard, make money legitimately and take good care of their parents when they are alive.

His post reads;

Watch the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvYEv5uh6tw

https://.com/dont-give-your-parents-a-talk-of-the-town-burial-give-them-a-talk-of-the-town-life-reno/

Original talk and pure like pure water.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by okorogodwin4(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
You want to split from Nigeria yet you can't do without cows. The northerners you guys don't want to see gave you those cows remember.
see mumu Na the northerners get cow you are just a fool even my father has 12 cows for sell

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by abeggnow: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
CanadaOrBust:

Deep my ass. Guy gave his mum a good life while she was alive. This mumu is just jealous
jealous of what exactly??that some speaks his mind how is that translated to jealousy ??
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by vincentjk(m): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
BigSarah:
Do you know how his mother lived? Mention Cubana straight don't disguise.

I'm really sorry to say this but yorubas are really shameless to the core.

They can no longer hide their pains, since Friday I never hear word till today smh.

3 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by MrColdsweat: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Burgerlomo:

I don't think he's actually referring to Cubana but other people that didn't take good care of their parents while alive and want to spend lavishly on their burial when they are gone.

We are in the era where people learn so much nonsense from social media. We have kids and people who lack self control on social media for God's sake. Nigerians are desperate people. This intimidation and show of shame could make youths more desperate. And desperation breeds lawlessness.

And you wonder why money ritual is prevalent.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by kramer: 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
post=103835507:

This is Oba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_j6cobR4ok

That massive gully @4:13.. yikes!! No thanks grin
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Susily(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
MrColdsweat:
Fool. Values are not laws that can be broken. Values are spiritual possessions.

Fool, do you know that the absence of chastity as value is why Nigerian women are ranked highly when it comes to paternity fraud?

Fool, do you know that the societal and government institutions are centred on values(justice, obligation, equality etc), and because you fools lack these values, you do not see the need to be responsible and fix your institutions?

Fool, your lack of collective value is the major problem of nigeria. Instead of fixing yourselves you are encouraGing idiocy in a land filled with poverty.

Fool, have you asked yourself why thousands of igbo sons are littered in prisons all over asia waiting to be killed?

Continue fooling yourself.

You keep talking about values and virtues yet you are insulting and can't pass your message without resulting to name calling...... calling someone fool

So much for your values and virtues

5 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by CountLaka(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nothing wey poverty no dey cause
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Boudiccao: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
You want to split from Nigeria yet you can't do without cows. The northerners you guys don't want to see gave you those cows remember.

Northerners give cows free of charge
You are not only jealous but senseless!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by kunkelhanspeter(m): 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
This is deep.
lalasticlala come and see the roads in Oba.
How is that his business?
Is he the governor of oba or is he not paying taxes as a good citizen of the zoo?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by sofiscatedmoron: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Funny how most people had to know his mom in her death not when she was alive.
If you don't celebrate me when am alive, please don't do it when I'm gone.
How many people know u

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by oluwaecan(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
If you don't celebrate me when am alive, please don't do it when Im gone.
So the late mama should be using social media if you don't know her Biko no talk she was a Queen in oba. She even gave so much to widows in OBA

4 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by big7: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
What stops him from being the first to tar the roads?

What stops your govt from doing their work

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by LuisTSkincare(f): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Okay o

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Boudiccao: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
DSC7:

Did you know his mother's achievement before she died? My friend google is your friend, please stop displaying ur ignorance freely.....

All of you here keep saying he is showing off as if he spent up to 10m for the burial sef....

His friends and well wishers sponsored almost everything......

Had it been you are into showbiz u would have understood better...

Peace....

This is how Igbos roll. They take over their friends event. Don't be surprised that Cubana didn't spend much.
Sometimes, Nigerians should shut the hell up and study how Igbos move.

4 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Aptly put...i can't agree less.
Our Societal and family values are been eroded with so much impunity by shallow minded money bags.
In as much as you are free to spend to your satisfaction whilst sending a family member to the great beyond I'm sure it is more befitting to have spent that much if not more on them whilst still alive.
Much said ...playing Patoranking's CELEBRATE ME now wey I dey alive!!!

@SeunOsewa
@Moderators
In line with trying to sensitize people (young especially) towards a sane society I suggest this thread becomes FrontPage!

Just wow.....such sad style...

Great....good to know this.

They don't see the bigger picture....the need to campaign for a sane society derived from good norms can't be over emphasized!
Nice one.

@Seniorwriter

It's just sad that most young Nigerians have lost the plot
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by midascnn(m): 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yankee101:
It was a shame
The road to the house wasn't even tarred

Is he the Governor of Anambra or the LG chairman of Idemili South?

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dimmatic(f): 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
As in dey no pay?

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by od501: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them “A Talk Of The Town Life” – Reno

The former aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has condemned lavish burial ceremony, WonderTV Media reports.

In a video he posted on social media, he applauded Muslims for their modest way of life.

Reno stated that one of the wealthiest men on earth King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was buried as a simple man in an unmarked grave. He listed other great men, some from the Bible who were also buried in a simple way.

The video came one hour after he made a post on his Instagram page advising children to work hard, make money legitimately and take good care of their parents when they are alive.

His post reads;

Watch the video here:

https://.com/dont-give-your-parents-a-talk-of-the-town-burial-give-them-a-talk-of-the-town-life-reno/

This is not the first nor the second time igbos are constructing roads by themselves. Obi Cubana is not the governor neither is he the president. Free the guy joor, it is his moni, let him spend it the way he likes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Gambit23: 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:

In a video he posted on social media, he applauded Muslims for their modest way of life.

His post reads;

Watch the video here:

Mumu talk

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by skywalker240(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
What stops him from being the first to tar the roads?
After paying taxes to the stupid government that embezzle the money, you still expect him to tar the road

Is he the stupid elected government?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
CanadaOrBust:

These are efulefu people. Obi Cubana took very good care of his mum and even his relatives
Gbam,Shebi she said the tagged their mum a witch
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by danilmo: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
redcliff:
i already see where this thread is going as someone is already faulting the road to someones village is not tarred like it was obi that was the elected govt official to do the job. this nairaland just goes to show you how poor people with poverty mentality think in nigeria. they always look for a reason to castigate everything a rich person does so as to bring him to their level or feel good about their current state.

Poverty has dealth with u to the extent that u now lick ass of rich men, praise them for spending anyhow.. I'm very sure people like I are one of the Yahoo boys lavishing anyhow out there..

What's stop him from tarring the road leading to his house with a good bustop/avenue named after his mother's/family name while she was alive?? Won't the mother feel the joy with pride while she's alife anytime people call the avenue in their name?? That game alone will give her mother extra year on earth self.. (My child is the talk of the Town, My name is going to be remembered for ages courtesy of my Son Obi)..

As u dey here Tinubu square in Lagos e nor dey give u joy??

Donate a multpulpose Arena to the state government and name it after her while she's alive..

One thing is to have money, one thing is to know he w to spend it..

I hope he has a Scholarship Foundation named in her mother's name before she died??

Or u think parents don't deserve the fame while alive??

Abeg go sidown and stop talking like those who run after Kobo Kobo from politicians..
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Gambit23: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yankee101:
It was a shame
The road to the house wasn't even tarred

Tell ur dullard to do his job, IGBOS are not here to construct roads while d govt sleeps

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
Well I believe he took care of his mom and since he has the money to spend I don’t see how that’s a problem
According to some one Mike Adenuga did more than Obi cubana did during his mom’s burial
So what’s the fuss, it’s his money not yours
Because it’s their lifestyle and showbiz
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Psalmistproject: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.

Is he the one that bought the cows or his friends. The reason the burial was popular is because of wealthy dignitaries wanting to impress him for the role he must have played in their lives.

When was the last time you celebrated your mom's birthday? (Rhetorical question)

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by stieyven(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
CanadaOrBust:

Deep my ass. Guy gave his mum a good life while she was alive. This mumu is just jealous
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Gambit23: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
If you don't celebrate me when am alive, please don't do it when I'm gone.

Be quiet, u know nothing about that family and how rich they where even before Obi Cubana was born. Be guided

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by skywalker240(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
big7:

What stops your govt from doing their work
Good question

I swear, I no fit comprehend the way some people reason

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Gambit23: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.

The mother was a very wealthy woman, keep quiet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by seankafor(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
danilmo:

Poverty has dealth with u to the extent that u now lick ass of rich men, praise them for spending anyhow.. I'm very sure people like I are one of the Yahoo boys lavishing anyhow out there..

What's stop him from tarring the road leading to his house with a good bustop/avenue named after his mother's/family name while she was alive?? Won't the mother feel the joy with pride while she's alife anytime people call the avenue in their name?? That game alone will give her mother extra year on earth self.. (My child is the talk of the Town, My name is going to be remembered for ages courtesy of my Son Obi)..

As u dey here Tinubu square in Lagos e nor dey give u joy??

Donate a multpulpose Arena to the state government and name it after her while she's alive..

One thing is to have money, one thing is to know he w to spend it..

I hope he has a Scholarship Foundation named in her mother's name before she died??

Or u think parents don't deserve the fame while alive??

Abeg go sidown and stop talking like those who run after Kobo Kobo from politicians..
Jesus Christ.. are you telling a grown ass man how to spend his money?

Wonders shall never end shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Visits Mbaka In Enugu (photos) / Bello El-Rufai 'Gang Rape' Tweet: Oby Ezekwesili Cautions El-Rufai's Son / Atiku Abubakar's Son Involved In Accident With His Portuguese Friend. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.