Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... (67614 Views)

Don’t Give Up On Your Dreams’, Sanwo-Olu Tells Rescued Street Kids / Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by VTJN(m): 3:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Mumu look well all the cows there are 'efi Igbo'

You think it's only aboki that rear cows? No

You can go and blow yourself open on top Obi matter

He doesn't know you and your generation exist

lol igbos rear cows

You be comedian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by donforeign: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Very untarred roads. Shameless Cubana

Poverty kill u

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by cremedelacreme: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
VTJN:
what obi does was totally wrong

Nobody knows his mother when he's still alive

But alas, the whole world knows her when she's gone

What a vanity life indeed

Some of you are just dumb. Was his mother a politician or some sort of celebrity that everybody in Nigeria would know? She was just a retired headmistress, so is she supposed to be known the world over. In the last 10 years or more, Obi has been throwing lavish parties celebrating her birthday yearly, she rode in the best of cars, visited some exotic cities of the world, so what exactly did she lack? Hope everybody in Nigeria knows your parents? Envy and jealousy will consume some of you.

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Babatunde7109(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
To start with, before now, I don't even know who Obi Cubana is. I don't know what he worth.

And now, having known his worth, I'm not intrigued by his wealth. I'm not moved an inch.

On the levish spending at his mom's burial, here is my position:

If truly he religiously spent on his mother when she was alive, then he was a good son to his mother. But if otherwise, then he's otherwise.

So, on one hand, if he was good to his mother when she was alive, spending lavishly at her burial matters not. I mean, it is his money; he can spend it as he so wishes.

On the other hand, if he wasn't good to his mother when she was alive, then the lavish spending he initiated at her burial means nothing. It doesn't automatically make him a good man to his late mother. He's a just a man who substituted his mother's good life for a showoff to the world.

However, whatever the case maybe in reality, he owes no one an apology for spending lavishly at his mother's burial. It is his money and can spend it as he so wishes.

BUT

Of what benefit will the lavish spending be to his mother in the afterlife? Will it reparate her sins? Will her dead body come back to life?

The effect of the lavish spending on the state of his mother in the afterlife is what really matters. And that is what I can seem not to trace in the whole show of wealth that went down at her burial.

My believe: you can only buy or spend whatever on a person when they still have breath in them, but as soon as they stop breathing life, then prayers and good deeds on their behalf are all they need -- not a ‘talk of the world burial’.

To me, the lavish spending by Obi Cubana and friends at his mother's burial ceremony is nothing but a wasteful spending. They can spend that same money on some very positive things that will serve as good deeds on behalf of his mother. That's much more better.

Na my position I talk, I no kee person.

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by okenwaa(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
I don't know his mum too well.....but what he did on her birthday some 2years ago, showed me that he equally lavished wealth on her while she was alive.

Make we dey learn to mind our business for this country shaa

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dpharisee: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
What stops him from being the first to tar the roads?
Even the one built in Yorubaland by Redeemed Christian Church was claimed by Ministry of Works who paid 100% to a contractor who abandoned the job until Pastor Adeboye raised alarm and the matter is still under investigation.
It's not his duty to fix the road as a private citizen, but he can do it if he has the resources as a donation

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by oluwaahmed: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.

Can u just STFU! Did his mother complain to you? Did she beg you for cow meat? Do you know how many jewellery his mother had? As for the bad road, is he the state, local or federal govt? And besides the road was tarred it was just covered with dust. Too many igbo haters on this forum. Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
The fact is that one can never satisfy people.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by kclee(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Na so............

Get your Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) at ease. Valid travel documents (visa and ticket) holders pleased contact me. Access up to $4,000.00 for your travels. ONLY VALID VISA and TICKET.

https://www.nairaland.com/kclee
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Emmerlee(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
jude79:

Aah your right oo, he should have fed his mum, 200 cows, also he even forgot to tie her up with diamond chain so that people like you will be happy that she's enjoying while alive, but it's not too late, I bet your own mum can enjoy too, so do as you advised, make sure you increase the cows your going to feed to 400, so that people who sees her will know she consumed enough in life, as for the diamond chain double the length.

Nice one. I just tire for these people grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Topmaike007(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Funny how most people had to know his mom in her death not when she was alive.
If you don't celebrate me when am alive, please don't do it when I'm gone.
Ayaka ozubulu "melimnadu"
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by puremaker7(m): 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
CanadaOrBust:

Deep my ass. Guy gave his mum a good life while she was alive. This mumu is just jealous
Show me 3 pictures he snapped with his mum when she was alive.
Anyway, his choice though
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Odinaka00(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
redcliff:
i already see where this thread is going as someone is already faulting the road to someones village is not tarred like it was obi that was the elected govt official to do the job. this nairaland just goes to show you how poor people with poverty mentality think in nigeria. they always look for a reason to castigate everything a rich person does so as to bring him to their level or feel good about their current state.

Ira equally Government duty to provide us with steady electricity and water but many of us if not all of us are not waiting for Government to give us all of that, we re doing it for ourselves. My point is it doesn't make sense building a very big and fine mansion in your village while the road to your house is very ugly, if you can build a very fine mansion in yiur village, you can equally make the road that leads to your house look good at least.

The day I ll invite my friends here in SA to my village, I ll make sure that everything is almost perfect. I can't invite my friends to ugly environment.

Obi invited many top Celebrities and even paid Tunde Ednut to update the event on his page.. I would have expected him to at least do something about the road...
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by colorsofrainbow: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Cashewman:
quote author=colorsofrainbow post=103820792]As my mom dey alive,I come dey do am well cos na she be everything I get for this life.

Once she's dead, she's not interested in what ever you spent on her why because the new chapter have open before her.... She has said goodbye to the world already....
Stop wasting money unnecessary
embarassed
If I die today without wasting the money as I call it especially when it's in excess,what happens to my money ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by DimIsaac10(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
Reno motivating Nigerian youths..

Someone that cannot motivate himself back into the country..

Take care of your parent alive.
Also take care of them when dead.
In the east, the dead are well celebrated...

Oba mother will be oppressing other dead souls in the land beyond beyond.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by colorsofrainbow: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
DriveByKiller:
out of deep love? You dey use your mama burial for clouth chasing and social media hype and relevance.

There's no deep love or reflection there but selfish and thoughtless opportunity to use the occasion to promote PR while pretending you're spending for affection.

It's disrespectful and very wicked.

It's same thing people do on social media, when they want to show new cars or clothes or house, they start praising God of Abraham and Jacob as of they love God. But all they want to show is their new acquisition.

If you love your mama, upon her death will be deep reflection not primitive showoffs.
Oga face ur own Mumbai,leave another person family for am.
Em no collect moni from your hand.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by big7: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
skywalker240:

Good question

I swear, I no fit comprehend the way some people reason

Leave this things. They are not worth calling human beings. Always remember this bruh poverty is a thing of the mind. The young man has paid his last respect to his mom and she's been lay to rest anything anyone else thinks is there own personal business.

For her grave she will be well pleased.

If their own die make them go throwey am for soakaway as them no fancy to celebrate them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by TheArchangel(f): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
puremaker7:

Show me 3 pictures he snapped with his mum when she was alive.
Anyway, his choice though
google is your friend, you embittered souls.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by skywalker240(m): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
big7:

Leave this things. They are not worth calling human beings. Always remember this bruh poverty is a thing of the mind. The young man has paid his last respect to his mom and he's been lay to rest anything anyone else thinks is there own personal business.

For her grave she will be well pleased.

If their own die make them go throwey am for soakaway as them no fancy to celebrate them.
I just tire for them
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by olasquare: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Asadujames202:

Just 72 hours burial rites
Have pushed some people to the brink
Such people like you

If this is how you think, I can't help your confusions. I am sorry that I have to stir your gutters. Mind you, about the burial, I enjoyed every bits of the show
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
This is stupid Nugget.

That's the problem with church people...You qoute scripture when your stupidly saying or doing something...

Do you know if its the blessing of the mother that made him who he is..And why do you Reno think he never blessed or show his mother much love while she was alive as it it's now....

Sometimes Reno no get Sense..

Why not you Reno even celebrate your own now that they alive so we can talk or see how many persons would come or show you much love....

Buhari is just watching you.make him hand touch you,then you go Sabi..

Bad belle is Allowed

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by mailemy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Rubbish talk. Do you know his mum and how did you know if he gave her a good life or not. Why would the woman be popular,which is not necessary.
You can only know the fact from his relative and not this negative assumptions.
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by oliviacute(f): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Reno is just talking nonsense, why e be say if people dey really successful pass dem. e dey always pain dem for mind.
him celebrating his mum before or after death, how does that concern anyone abi na their money, abi na u give am money when e take dey successful
mmtchew

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by livinbygrace: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
allcomage:
This is a young man that worked hard and got a PhD in Russia. Very humble to the core.His mum died and his friends and well wishers almost took over the burial in show of support and people are having heart attacks.

What’s the occupation of his friends to have chunk out such amount of money for burial ?What affiliations do they have?
If the security agencies wants to really do their investigation by the time they nabbed one or two of them ,the whole truth will come out.
Igbos don’t waste money unlike other tribes that are know for parties all the time.
I can tell you categorically that 90% of people lavishing money their are into shady deals and I don’t care about how anybody makes his money so far you don’t kill or arm people but don’t use your money to oppress others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
malcom1X:

Those cows were not northern cows, you've never been to the east. They have their own breed of cows.... "Efi igbo"

They ranch their cows.
Go to Instagram and watch the vedios when the cows where been offloaded from the trucks.

Gently watch the videos and come back and modify your post.

Check the one where chief priest was say 47 4kn cows ( forgotten the exact number though) just check Sha.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by oluwaahmed: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Babatunde7109:
To start with, before now, I don't even know who Obi Cubana is. I don't know what he worth.

And now, having known his worth, I'm not intrigued by his wealth. I'm not moved an inch.

On the levish spending at his mom's burial, here is my position:

If truly he religiously spent on his mother when she was alive, then he was a good son to his mother. But if otherwise, then he's otherwise.

So, on one hand, if he was good to his mother when she was alive, spending lavishly at her burial matters not. I mean, it is his money; he can spend it as he so wishes.

On the other hand, if he wasn't good to his mother when she was alive, then the lavish spending he initiated at her burial means nothing. It doesn't automatically make him a good man to his late mother. He's a just a man who substituted his mother's good life for a showoff to the world.

However, whatever the case maybe in reality, he owes no one an apology for spending lavishly at his mother's burial. It is his money and can spend it as he so wishes.

BUT

Of what benefit will the lavish spending be to his mother in the afterlife? Will it reparate her sins? Will her dead body come back to life?

The effect of the lavish spending on the state of his mother in the afterlife is what really matters. And that is what I can seem not to trace in the whole show of wealth that went down at her burial.

My believe: you can only buy or spend whatever on a person when they still have breath in them, but as soon as they stop breathing life, then prayers and good deeds on their behalf are all they need -- not a ‘talk of the world burial’.

To me, the lavish spending by Obi Cubana and friends at his mother's burial ceremony is nothing but a wasteful spending. They can spend that same money on some very positive things that will serve as good deeds on behalf of his mother. That's much more better.

Na my position I talk, I no kee person.

My brother when you are big, you are big. Igbo burials are usually like this, its cos its obi cubana thats why there's much publicity. I remember when my boss's mother died and we went to his village some days before the burial. I counted nothing less than 10 cows which were donations from people he helped in the community that later made it in life. This my boss was a retired civil servant but helped many youths get scholarship to universities when he was in the system. Every single house in that community donated a cow, at least 20 cows were used for the burial. And you know what, after the cows that were needed were killed, the rest were shared amongst the kindred and elders of the community(the same people their sons sent down cows). Bro free igbo tradition. Their tradition amaka abeg. Travel and see...

6 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by kechywillz(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Cubana took away some peoples shine for 3 days now,how do you think they will be happy?

If you are doing things right,someone somewhere will find a way to condemn you

These guys are jealous n restless,asking the source of someone's wealth,wanting to know why he didn't spend the money on his mom while she was alive as if he is a member of his family. They now castigate him of not constructing the road leading to his hometown,is a senator or a governor of Anambra?

Some kind low mentality n irrational reasoning of some people,they wouldn't dare say these nonsense when they meet cubana himself

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by berryspinns(m): 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Facebook account for sale if intrested contact me at berryking028@gmail.com or 08137110139
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by livinbygrace: 4:00pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hammyaladin:
Go to Instagram and watch the vedios when the cows where been offloaded from the trucks.

Gently watch the videos and come back and modify your post.

Check the one where chief priest was say 47 4kn cows ( forgotten the exact number though) just check Sha.

Chief PREIST,Zubby and many of them are cultist ,so that tells you his true colour
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dee04(m): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
cunt that's the road that leads to the church where the mass was handled Obi tarred the road leading to his house before the burial, una go die with jealousy o, to think that he never celebrated his mother when she was alive, go to YouTube and search for him celebrating his wife and his mom on the last mothering Sunday, why can't you people leave Igbo's alone

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by mailemy(m): 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2021
Shameless govt and not Cubana. That's the work of the govt.
Shameless you.
Niece:

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Sunday2021: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2021
redcliff:
i already see where this thread is going as someone is already faulting the road to someones village is not tarred like it was obi that was the elected govt official to do the job. this nairaland just goes to show you how poor people with poverty mentality think in nigeria. they always look for a reason to castigate everything a rich person does so as to bring him to their level or feel good about their current state.

do you have brain at all? So if you have the money you will not do your road, you will be waiting for government? It is an insult for his mother to stay in that kind of community. The money he use to buy cow is enough to do that road.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Aisha Ignored Call To Join Buhari On Podium To Present APC Flag To Tinubu / Osinbajo Sacks Lawal Daura, DSS Boss / Patience Jonathan Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.