Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... (67558 Views)

Don’t Give Up On Your Dreams’, Sanwo-Olu Tells Rescued Street Kids / Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dbiz1111(m): 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2021
Babatunde7109:
To start with, before now, I don't even know who Obi Cubana is. I don't know what he worth.

And now, having known his worth, I'm not intrigued by his wealth. I'm not moved an inch.

On the levish spending at his mom's burial, here is my position:

If truly he religiously spent on his mother when she was alive, then he was a good son to his mother. But if otherwise, then he's otherwise.

So, on one hand, if he was good to his mother when she was alive, spending lavishly at her burial matters not. I mean, it is his money; he can spend it as he so wishes.

On the other hand, if he wasn't good to his mother when she was alive, then the lavish spending he initiated at her burial means nothing. It doesn't automatically make him a good man to his late mother. He's a just a man who substituted his mother's good life for a showoff to the world.

However, whatever the case maybe in reality, he owes no one an apology for spending lavishly at his mother's burial. It is his money and can spend it as he so wishes.

BUT

Of what benefit will the lavish spending be to his mother in the afterlife? Will it reparate her sins? Will her dead body come back to life?

The effect of the lavish spending on the state of his mother in the afterlife is what really matters. And that is what I can seem not to trace in the whole show of wealth that went down at her burial.

My believe: you can only buy or spend whatever on a person when they still have breath in them, but as soon as they stop breathing life, then prayers and good deeds on their behalf are all they need -- not a ‘talk of the world burial’.

To me, the lavish spending by Obi Cubana and friends at his mother's burial ceremony is nothing but a wasteful spending. They can spend that same money on some very positive things that will serve as good deeds on behalf of his mother. That's much more better.

Na my position I talk, I no kee person.

Gibberish!!!?

Position crush you there, fool. some particles of envy and poverty stricken mentality can be detest from this gibberish of rubbish position of yours.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by uncommonx: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Very untarred roads. Shameless Cubana

he should has requested for 300 bags of cement instead of 300 cows.
At least, road made of cement, concrete and iron will last.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Pimine: 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
jude79:

Aah your right oo, he should have fed his mum, 200 cows, also he even forgot to tie her up with diamond chain so that people like you will be happy that she's enjoying while alive, but it's not too late, I bet your own mum can enjoy too, so do as you advised, make sure you increase the cows your going to feed to 400, so that people who sees her will know she consumed enough in life, as for the diamond chain double the length.
Aswearugaaad

Or make e use am tie am for neck like bingo grin

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dbiz1111(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
TheArchangel:
google is your friend, you embittered souls.
Free the fool. He doesn't know what else to say
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by htdot: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
You want to split from Nigeria yet you can't do without cows. The northerners you guys don't want to see gave you those cows remember.
Are you this delusional? So they cant get cow from outside the country? All these gragra that fulani are doing, because they are the only one rearing cow in nigeria, if a southerner becomes the president, as soon as they try those their rubbish to ban cow meat from the south, the southern president will import thousand of cow from other countries to the south.

2 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dbiz1111(m): 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
livinbygrace:

What’s the occupation of his friends to have chunk out such amount of money for burial ?What affiliations do they have?
If the security agencies wants to really do their investigation by the time they nabbed one or two of them ,the whole truth will come out.
Igbos don’t waste money unlike other tribes that are know for parties all the time.
I can tell you categorically that 90% of people lavishing money their are into shady deals and I don’t care about how anybody makes his money so far you don’t kill or arm people but don’t use your money to oppress others.

grin grin grin. I know every successful Igbo person is always what is he into!! cheesy. Ask police commissioner.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by orumba(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
True talk sir. They now celebrate the dead more than the living. Shameful
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Dbiz1111(m): 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
xpool:

The guy you said is jealous is way better than you .
Let me ask you, is , celebrate your parents and give them a good life when they are alive, a bad advice?

You're a fool

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by LuQuLuQu(m): 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
VTJN:
lol igbos rear cows

You be comedian

Mumu monkey. Go back and read. This time read slowly.

Where did I write Igbos rear cows? Itibolibo

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Drizzy5001(m): 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Some one said: "Cubana's mum is the ghost of the year". grin
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Omodua(m): 4:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
This is deep.
come and see the roads in Oba.
Lie go kee you. That's not OBA Road. Maybe, a rustic village in Borno state.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Greenerie(f): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
Too much jealousy and wickedness! Reno who told you On didn't take care if his mum? He spoilt that woman to the end, lavished money on her,any damn thing she desired she got,even more.
If I may ask,is it ur money?

Obi Cubana please increase ur prayer life/spiritual fortification,you know African man is cursed with wickedness and envy.They can go to any length to destroy just cos of jealousy.Their wicked and evil heart makes them not to prosper.

GOD FORBID!
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Tonymic2017: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
What stops him from being the first to tar the roads?

U can't dictate to someone on how to spend his money. If he feels like doing what u said, fine. If he doesn't, e no concern u.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by VULCAN(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Reno is extremely intelligent.

Whether he was advising others or taking a swipe at Cubana-it's one and the same because everyone in Nigeria is aware of the burial at Oba. Therefore although his statement makes more sense as a warning to others-he did a poor job of stating it that way. On the surface it seems to be an attack on Cubana

Reno knew that he would get backlash and he also knows the backlash is justified because he cannot claim to know for sure whether Cubana took care of his mum while alive nor did he articulate that he was only sending a warning to others rather than a criticism to Cubana.

Reno enjoys being controversial.

No harm done.
Burgerlomo:

I don't think he's actually referring to Cubana but other people that didn't take good care of their parents while alive and want to spend lavishly on their burial when they are gone.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by okoroemeka(m): 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Yankee101:
It was a shame
The road to the house wasn't even tarred
so he is state government that build roads,after Paying taxes on his numerous business he will again repair roads that supposed to be the government responsibility,pls you people should stop condemning obi Cubans,it is his money not yours,he can choose to spend it anyway he likes.i am even disappointed he didn't do enough,if it is me I will make sure the poor masses that enters will have one roasted old layer and 5 bottles of beer to wash it down.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Adakintroy: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
Even if he celebrated her birthday (which I think it should be). With this same effort, people would still complain. Yes! Just as they are complaining about a lavish burial.

Good or bad, left or right it seem people will complain. From his side it's his love for it's mother that is driving him to do the estreme. From the side of people. It was about his fame and wealth. The burial was an opportunity to show it.

Either ways the conversation is one of love or no love.

Love your own parents trully.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by badoh(m): 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mokason288:
This Reno sounds like a stupid child most times

Those of you hating fooooolishly

If you know Obi Cubanna’s mom very well if you eat her shit you will be fresh and healthy
Go back to Reno's write-up again and understand the content. He was advising people generally and not necessarily targeted at Cubana. Take the advise or you shun it, simple.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Millimann: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
VTJN:
Did you know her when she was alive?

Did i know her?
Does the world knows her?

We only know her when she's gone

Do you know wizkid's mother?
Do you know Phyno's mother?
Do you know Olamide's mother?
Do you know your governor's mother?

The fact that you don't know them doesn't mean these guys are not taking very good care of them.

You people should stop all these hate. Just rejoice with whoever God has blessed. That's how you receive your own blessings.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by OLULAW: 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Post civil war, a culture of get rich anyhow, anyway emerged unquestionably in Igboland and continues to wax stronger and stronger to this very day. This culture has destroyed the essence of Igboness. Across Igboland, nobody, including the church, questions how you people become extremely wealthy overnight nor why people recklessly spend money in the midst of abject poverty. As such, these miscreants have irreparably tarnished Nigeria’s name globally in their inordinate quest for sudden wealth. And before you start to run your diarrhoea mouth, calling me Yoruba, my both parents are Igbos.
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Cyphar(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mokason288:
This Reno sounds like a stupid child most times

Those of you hating fooooolishly

If you know Obi Cubanna’s mom very well if you eat her shit you will be fresh and healthy

Haaaaaaaaaa
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Angy55(f): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.

Where you there to know if he gave her or not?

Is he the one showing off or it's his friends showing him off? Sometimes you people should think deep. Cubanna has never been a showoff person.

3 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Omodua(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
His mama became known in her grave. Did he kill 200 cows when his mom was alive? How many diamond chains did he give to his mom? All these unnecessary show off. Someone said the road to his village is nothing to right home about.
Niece,stop your rant. Talk on what you know. Obi Cubana's mother enjoyed anything enjoyable when alive. Only few women on earth enjoyed what she enjoyed and had wished to live forever. The frills and razzmatazz that followed her demise is a continuation of what she enjoyed during her lifetime.
Obi Cubana should be celebrated instead of being vilified for showing love and how deep she loved her mother.

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by okoroemeka(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
What stops him from being the first to tar the roads?
go to your village and find one road and tar,are you not a man,what stops you from tarring road in your village,can you achieve at 45yrs what obi Cubans has done,it is pure jealousy that causing negative comments on his mom's burial,if he spend money na your own?

4 Likes

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by adebayo3449(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
This is deep.
come and see the roads in Oba.
Sometimes I just try to reserve my comment.
The money spent on that burial might be enough to turn that oba to the dubia of Nigeria, naming many streets and companies after the mother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by IKEPENTECOST: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
I heard that 246 cows (over 5 herdes of cow) were given to him by his friends as gift, his friends not his enemies, friends he extablished, must of the money thrown in the air was done by his friends not him, all the "who is who" in Nigeria that attended the burrbu were forced
I wonder why some people are jealous of him�

I can see why so many people will remain poor throughout their life

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by davillian(m): 5:05pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Funny how most people had to know his mom in her death not when she was alive.
If you don't celebrate me when am alive, please don't do it when I'm gone.
#word
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Omodua(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
redcliff:
i already see where this thread is going as someone is already faulting the road to someones village is not tarred like it was obi that was the elected govt official to do the job. this nairaland just goes to show you how poor people with poverty mentality think in nigeria. they always look for a reason to castigate everything a rich person does so as to bring him to their level or feel good about their current state.

Exactly. Well said!
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by adebayo3449(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
IKEPENTECOST:
I heard that 246 cows (over 5 herdes of cow) were given to him by his friends as gift, his friends not his enemies, friends he extablished, must of the money thrown in the air was done by his friends not him, all the "who is who" in Nigeria that attended the burrbu were forced
I wonder why some people are jealous of him�

I can see why so many people will remain poor throughout their life
Boss, this is one of the reasons why Africa is backward.
So people have that much money in this country, and they complain every time about the government. Do they think if the country is working, they would be able to lavish that much?.
Well, I don't have problem with the source of the wealth or what they choose to do with it.
But, I still find it funny.
So Nigerians are this rich and the country is like this.
People fly to India for medical tourism, do they think it's India government that own all the hospitals over there?
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Omodua(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Niece:
Very untarred roads. Shameless Cubana
Shame unto you,Niece!
That road is not OBA Road. It's either a rustic village in Borno or Akute road in Ogun state.
Stop hating!

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Mokason288(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2021
badoh:

Go back to Reno's write-up again and understand the content. He was advising people generally and not necessarily targeted at Cubana. Take the advise or you shun it, simple.
Name one person in the world you have seen who shunned his mother while she was alive

And celebrated her death

Or shut up too

1 Like

Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by PrincessGlow: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
InansBobo:

I can't agree more is the correct statement Seniorwriter

Don't understand how the woman pick that moniker when she can't even speak simple correct English, talkless of write!
Re: Reno: Don’t Give Your Parents “A Talk Of The Town Burial”. Give Them ........... by Benitoh: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
allcomage:
This is a young man that worked hard and got a PhD in Russia. Very humble to the core.His mum died and his friends and well wishers almost took over the burial in show of support and people are having heart attacks.

He didn't even spent on the burial it was his friends that did most of the spending and show off. Why are they having heart attack, beefing him and jealousing him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Germany Purchases Made-In-Nigeria Naval Boats, Donates Them To Chad / Meet Woman Who Sing And Play For Boko Haram Members / Buhari: Trump Accused Me Of Killing Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.