Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? (19738 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by WoundedLamb: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Hmmmmmm everybody knows the great importance of having a male child, the numbers of sons a family has is like arrows in a soldiers hands, but daughters are like...

This is as result of societal predilection for the male child. If a society has made it in such a way that only male kids inherit their fathers' wealth or encourages the boy child to travel out to make money, build a career, etc. while the girl child is expected to stay at home to learn some kitchen skills and how to keep a home, then it makes sense why people from that society perceive the male as far more important.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Dalil8: 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
fergieboy:
For me it’s a male child o

Except say I travel out of this country or I be otedola
Then I can wish for a female child

Who no like better thing lol.

Once woman born boy she don get mouth for the family.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Aforxzy(f): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
So, many parents feel it is easier to just raise a male child. They require less attention.

The bolded is not true.

The male child just like the female child needs the parents full attention. He needs to be taught how to be responsible and to take up responsibility. Reason why we have so many wayward children in our society.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by bewise24: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
mukthar2000:
Is there really why people prefer the boy child? Why do people go through so much stress in search of male children? Christianity as a religion has certainly had some influence on this. Still, African traditional religious systems, Islamic religion and others, hold women in some lower class.

All this reasons are not applicable in North, the females are Golds while the males are Almajiries, though as for me They are all child's with equal rights.
You have never been to the north.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by akanjikokoro: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Boys always stand for the family but girls increase the society.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even vagina people prefers having a male child more than having a female child
Sapphire will come for you
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by ultimateprof: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
The Lord has made it so, no need to twist this male issues with grammar.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
adebenson155:
female kids na stress to train o..

the way this young boys dey hang their leg..i fear for my female kids oo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry
Lol very stupid gender they like bad boy s
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Liposure: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
feldido:
If you want to live longer, Give birth to female children.
I have 2 beautiful girls and I'm very grateful to God for them.
I've always prayed to God to give me a female child.

Men will always take their Family as their primary responsibility over their parents when they get married, but the female child will always take good care of their parents even adding that responsibility to their husbands grin
so are you through with having kids
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Abaman001(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:
Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together.

Generally, over 95% of African women nowadays don't have common sense......it's very simple.

Meanwhile, you can go and ask God why he created Adams before Eve....#Feminists...
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by amadaovie(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Valevilla:
This explains why a male child is held with high regards.
Mr Jude Kristen have two children a boy and a girl, let's call the boy Dave and the girl Cynthia
Dave got married and his wife and children are all answering Kristen their grand father name. Hance the name is living on.
Cynthia got married and now bears the husband surname.
Jude Kristen died and because he has a male child his name is living on.
Let's say if Cynthia was the only child and she got married his name won't live on so because of such circumstance a male child is held with high regards than a female.

And how much will the NAME put in your pocket.

My brother, pikin na pikin, as long as the said pikin takes good care on you in your old age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
For me its not culture related.
Raising a female child in these immoral times is scary when I think of it.

Imagine watching my own daughter's sextape with one guy ramming her senselessly going viral online. Chai!! cry

I'll kill her then take my own life.
Haha how many have you banged
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by GboyegaD(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
Valevilla:
This explains why a male child is held with high regards.
Mr Jude Kristen have two children a boy and a girl, let's call the boy Dave and the girl Cynthia
Dave got married and his wife and children are all answering Kristen their grand father name. Hance the name is living on.
Cynthia got married and now bears the husband surname.
Jude Kristen died and because he has a male child his name is living on.
Let's say if Cynthia was the only child and she got married his name won't live on so because of such circumstance a male child is held with high regards than a female.

In the US, the mother determines the last name the child will use almost all the time, so if kids lives in the US, Jude Kristen's name could either be preserved or sent to the grave with him.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Liposure: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cyphar:
I would love to have a female as my first child. tongue
weird
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
It is because Africans are still backwards and primitive, that's why they prefer male children. Obama has 2daughters, yet in this age of IVF, he didn't try for a boy, Former president Bush has daughters, etcetera. I prefer female children far more than male. But I need both sexes so that we can have a balanced world.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by takimsipho(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Female children are usually very cute, brilliant and sharp mouthed when they are still very young. But immediately they reach puberty, and start being conscious of their bodies and getting male attention. Haaaa, wahala don dey. If your daughter can graduate the university without getting pregnant and get married then your job as a father is done. And when it comes to looking after parents, it varies family by family. If your daughter is not educated or married to a rich man, then don't expect anything. A man will never leave home, no matter where he goes. Your family name and property is always on your head. And the female children will always get married first, my cousin of the same age got married at 21, I'm about 30 and still single. If I have one boy and the rest are girls I don't mind, but I will train all my kids the same way regardless of gender.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Abaman001:
Generally, over 95% of African women nowadays don't have common sense......it's very simple.

Meanwhile, you can go and ask God why he created Adams before Eve....#Feminists....
Haha
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by kolade560: 3:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bigredmachine:
The most important thing is to preserve the family's name and if a girl child can't do it... Oga no go rest o... Male child has a lot of responsibility lying on their shoulders even before they were born (either with silver spoon or not)...
I dey tell u
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Whitecoal711: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nah,except feminist will rewrite Bible,Koran or our culture
Male heading is here to stay
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Veervee: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Male or female, I don't give a damn. If at the end of the day Ur child turned out to be a terrorist is Ur fault as parents.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

I can handle watching my son doung same. I'll probably disown him but its easier to stomach.

Not my cute innocent daughter. Nah. Say what you will but I won't.

Thanks.
Bad boy So you want your child to bang but you don't want your daughter to be banged by a cultists or a bad boy
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
drizslim:
Nobody LOVES a male child properly until he's wealthy only dogs and women are loved unconditionally

Do you love women unconditionally? Abi you don't know what unconditional mean?
People love women and expect stuff from them. No unconditional love anywhere bruv. Maybe except for children and even the children,people love them because they expect them to grow up and be responsible and also take care of the old.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Flier: 3:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

I spoke for myself.
Do same Mr. Counselor.
You can’t say that to yourself because it shows you are not really okay,how can you kill your child and take your own life because someone bang your child? That doesn’t sounds right to me
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Navalsadiq(m): 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:
the once that knows how to use vagina ba?

Finally respect women na veginia we all follow take come
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by mukthar2000(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2021
tnerro1:

The females are golds like you said because they make money selling them off.
cheesy not what u think bro, I wish u be in their mix to understand better
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Siwisheswereesh: 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:

Because your female child is all you've got. Her children and grandchild etc etc belong to another family embarassed
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by uthlaw: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=donbachi post=103959597]Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together.[/quot
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Walkee: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
mvem:
what of the guy ramming the lady...why do we see the oart of the lady only as immoral but tolerate the immoral part of the guy ?
a man's "value" doesn't reduce with sexual activities. A boy who has fuccked all the girls in his compound or department would be hailed as a champion while a girl who fuccked all the boys in his compound would disparaged and dismissed as a worthless whorre.
A boy is shamed for being a virgin while a girl is hailed for being a virgin

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by BigDawsNet: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
In my home we are almost equal...my folks trained us equally

I said almost equally because we the guys have more responsibility
So our investment is pretty higher than my sis
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by MYHUBBY: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Debra911:
I'll love to have a male child as my first, then female second. Well only God can say, pikin na pikin

come to Lagos, let me give you two male then one girl to crown it all
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by uthlaw: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:
1 in 1000families.....male na oga 4 any where!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.