Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? (19746 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by panicacid: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Abagworo:
The only reason is the family lineage because our society and most societies patrilineal. That is why in some Igbo communities a man who has only female children will need one to remain unmarried and raise his descendants at home. In some instances she coukd still marry if she gets a male replacement .

Guy you are there, there are alternatives to every problem, just be fruitful first, no gender is a waste.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by GboyegaD(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Rubbiish:

@bold are u & your kids answering your wife surname??

No we are not however, how does your question correlate?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by firo08(m): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2021
Dalil8:

Who no like better thing lol.

Once woman born boy she don get mouth for the family.
I swear.
Since my son came my wife is now seeing her self as small god in the house.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by ReppingNaija: 2:13am On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Klass99(f): 7:57am On Jul 23, 2021
smiley
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by chuksvoice: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2021
The sure way to preserve your name is by achieving greatness not by siring male children

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by tosinjay(m): 9:57am On Jul 23, 2021
Kolasola:
With the way wifey pampers our pregnancy, I’ve been praying it should be a girl ... that lady is making me jealous already :- undecided
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Femi8586(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2021
McLizbae:

Mumu, so if can get to choose, you will take all the alumajiri boys in the North than one Okojo Iweala. Siiiior!

Seems you're so pained to resort to insults.

You will definitely choose to take all female prostitutes in the world over one Jack Bezos.
Fool.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by jeff1607(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2021
Klass99:

Seven blessings to you.

I wish I could like this post 6,000 times.

The bolded parts in particular bust my head die I'm just LOL cheesy

People with a single gender or no child at all don't go about saying they wish for more or whatever, they keep it to themselves, can you see wealthy or a celebrity on social media wishing for a child or a particular gender? Most of them have especially outside wedlock, it is only when they are about getting married or in Their old age ,they make it news.

No particular gender is useless, they all serve their purpose.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Adek15(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2021
Valevilla:
This explains why a male child is held with high regards.
Mr Jude Kristen have two children a boy and a girl, let's call the boy Dave and the girl Cynthia
Dave got married and his wife and children are all answering Kristen their grand father name. Hance the name is living on.
Cynthia got married and now bears the husband surname.
Jude Kristen died and because he has a male child his name is living on.
Let's say if Cynthia was the only child and she got married his name won't live on so because of such circumstance a male child is held with high regards than a female.
no. You are wrong. The man name, Jude dies the moment Jude Kristen dies, only Kristen lives on which was his father's name... After like 5 generations, no one will even remember Jude exist unless the WORKS HE DID WHILE ON EARTH WILL SPEAK FOR HIM
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Cousin9999: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Asia is obsessed with males. The result is males far outnumbering women, and a bunch of miserable single males. It's also a society of depravity. The status and lives of women there are a nightmare. Relationships are horrible. Asians are some of the most miserable creatures walking this earth.

Obsessing over a male child also reeks of raging hómósexuality, ídiocy and regressive thinking. Societies that focus on males basically despise women and gladly engage in more male-0n-male activity. They're also stunted by their móronic beliefs.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by PhilipReigns(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2021
Cousin9999:
Asia is obsessed with males. The result is males far outnumbering women, and a bunch of miserable single males. It's also a society of depravity. The status and lives of women there are a nightmare. Relationships are horrible. Asians are some of the most miserable creatures walking this earth.

Obsessing over a male child also reeks of raging hómósexuality, ídiocy and regressive thinking. Societies that focus on males basically despise women and gladly engage in more male-0n-male activity. They're also stunted by their móronic beliefs.
Asia is a continent.
I wish you can be more specific

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Fatale: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
What Responsibity Does a Male Child Carry? Who Does not Have Responsibilities? You Focused More On Disciplining The Girl Child, while Our Boys Are Becoming Stupid, Lazy And Less Concerned About Family And Ethics. If A Girl Becomes a LovePeddler Or Get Pregnant, Las Las, she ends up under A Man. If The Boy Becomes Useless, you No Go Get Peace. We Are Having Weaker And Senseless young Men Every Day. While The Girls Have Turned Themselves To Whores, because Of Them, using Them, manipulating them While our Young Men Think They Are Smart. Remember Say You Born Males Or Females No Be Wha in Stop. You Can Never Tell What Tomorrow Brings. Male Was Created First Do Not Mean That The Female is Useless. Things Are Changing. Male Or Female, God Created Them Both and Gave Them Powers To Be Prosperous. Train Them Well, Love Them And Pray For Them. May God Give Us Children That We Make Us Proud.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Cousin9999: 4:34pm On Jul 23, 2021
PhilipReigns:

Asia is a continent.
I wish you can be more specific

I know that. I'm referring to west, central, south, and east Asian countries and cultures. They're all terribly f***** up.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 23, 2021
dominique:
When the likes of George W Bush, Bill cliy, Mark Zuckerberg, Aliko Dangote, Barrack Obama etc are not fretting about sons that will preserve their names. it is you, a nobody with zero impact to humanity that is now shouting your family name must be preserved yen yen yen. So male children are easier to raise Abi? If you're not tired of seeing street urchins, drug addicts, cultists, thugs etc littered almost every corner you turn, me I am tired o. If anything, boys should be more difficult to raise than girls because there are more societal vices (cultism, crime, hard drugs etc) that they can fall into compared to girls (prostitution). But no o, let's leave them alone to do whatever they like.

Are you saying there are no wealthy men that fret about not having male kids?

I am sure if Obama meditated on a busy road while a trailer approaches, you'd do the same?
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'm not doubting what you said but what I said is also the truth and you know that
what truth? Even as a granddaughter I don't joke with my grandparents. Is it the men who marry and forget about their parents Needs? Except for the perpetuation of the family tree, most men refuse to be of much use to their parents, especially after marriage angry
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by charlsecy(m): 11:30am On Jul 24, 2021
Romanoff:
In this present day and age.
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Romanoff(f): 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
charlsecy:
Keep deceiving yourself.

You are the deluded one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.