Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? (19740 Views)

Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help / What's The Obsession With Male Children About In Nigeria? / My Mum's Fate: If You Must Get Married, Avoid Male Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Debra911(f): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
Volkswagen90:
you fine sha,let me give you that male
Thanks
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by adebenson155: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Cee0nne:

Ehyaaa,and I'm not the reason behind your madness oh..you just resolved into displaying your madness on Nairaland again..
It shall never be well with you too in Jesus name!
You will never make it in life and even if you've been making it little before,all you have will be destroyed by the warriors of heaven.
Those two points I gave you em,later,you would start searching for me.. let's bet.
What a pity embarassed

lol...

animal

go back and check your first response to me, and tell me if you wont run mad before this year runs out..

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by McLizbae: 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
Anyone wey God give you, take the best care of him or her, and see how happy and proud he or she well make you. I prefer God give me just one Okojo Iweala, than a thousands of alumajiri turned bandits and boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Daradared2(f): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
IF everybody give birth to a male child, then who are they going to marry. The name of the family they want it to uphold, who will uphold it.

Is it not better for those who are scared of their daughters will be banged to train their sons not to be let loose, and see a woman not as sex mate rather as apart of them that will make the world complete and make their generation a standout.

As for the name change, that is if a girl likes it. Its a cultural thing and its doesn't make any sense. Leaving your father's name just becos you are married undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
WoundedLamb:

This is as result of societal predilection for the male child. If a society has made it in such a way that only male kids inherit their fathers' wealth or encourages the boy child to travel out to make money, build a career, etc. while the girl child is expected to stay at home to learn some kitchen skills and how to keep a home, then it makes sense why people from that society perceive the male as far more important.

What a waste of potential.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by kingsmaila(m): 4:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
binarymachine:

Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/05/31/why-is-there-an-obsession-with-male-children/
In Islam women are not seen as inferior to men but we give them special attention and care as stated in the Quran. They have a right to inheritance like men, their rights in marriage and other aspect of life are well spelt out. With due respect Islam does not discriminte male/female children. Such was done during the pre Islamic time( the time of jahiliya i.e ignorance.)
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Maj196:
With all these pusssy boys around. Some girls are more useful than boys

Pussy boys? Define pussy boy.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by kingsmaila(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hathor5:

You are right
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Even vagina people prefers having a male child more than having a female child
fo.olish comment. Every sensible person knows that it is the daughters who always return to take care of aged parents, despite being married. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Walkee:
a man's "value" doesn't reduce with sexual activities. A boy who has fuccked all the girls in his compound or department would be hailed as a champion while a girl who fuccked all the boys in his compound would disparaged and dismissed as a worthless whorre.
A boy is shamed for being a virgin while a girl is hailed for being a virgin

In your environment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
mvem:
what of the guy ramming the lady...why do we see the oart of the lady only as immoral but tolerate the immoral part of the guy ?

It's called hypocrisy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Maj196(m): 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hathor5:

weak boys.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Bigredmachine: 4:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
obembet:

Do u have mother?

yes i do...
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Fahdiga(m): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lollittaa:

fo.olish comment. Every sensible person knows that it is the daughters who always return to take care of aged parents, despite being married. angry
I'm not doubting what you said but what I said is also the truth and you know that
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:39pm On Jul 22, 2021
Maj196:
weak boys.

What makes a boy weak?
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Walkee: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hathor5:

In your environment.
everywhere
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by YoungRay007: 4:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
Male children = female children
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2021
Walkee:
everywhere

In my environment fvckboys are not being championed. We expect our boys to be and do better.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Ginomel(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
The obsession is because Okonjo Iweala is a male child.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Emeka71(m): 4:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Debra911:
I'll love to have a male child as my first, then female second. Well only God can say, pikin na pikin
Hello babe; please can we talk ¿
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Maj196(m): 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hathor5:

What makes a boy weak?
When he does not take charge of his life and allows a vagina person do that for him. He's not fit to be one of us.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Caseless: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Islam holds women in highest esteem. All children are from God. Whichever one comes t3you, just thank God.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Hathor5(f): 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
Maj196:
When he does not take charge of his life and allows a vagina person do that for him. He's not fit to be one of us.

The thing is this. I think people who talk/type like you are very insecure in their masculinity desperately trying to prove how strong they are by putting other men down.

Taking charge of one's life is not a masculine trait. Every adult should do this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Perfectbeing(m): 4:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
Have you realized how life would be if civilisation and technology was left in that hands of women? Would earth be more advanced, less advanced or same way it is?
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by cococandy(f): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:
For me its not culture related.
Raising a female child in these immoral times is scary when I think of it.

Imagine watching my own daughter's sextape with one guy ramming her senselessly going viral online. Chai!! cry

I'll kill her then take my own life.
What a sad existence. What is wrong with you people?
Does your daughters body belong to you? Yikes
Disgusting.

And What exactly are you contributing to uphold societal morality? You’re one of those who don’t mind what you do other men’s daughters but when it comes to you, you want to end the world.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Bassa1: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
If am destined to have only one child I would prefer it to b a female

1 Like

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by cococandy(f): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Walkee:
a man's "value" doesn't reduce with sexual activities. A boy who has fuccked all the girls in his compound or department would be hailed as a champion while a girl who fuccked all the boys in his compound would disparaged and dismissed as a worthless whorre.
A boy is shamed for being a virgin while a girl is hailed for being a virgin

Because you people don’t have sense. grin

Unless you’re secretly saying boys should be sleeping with each other. That way they can accrue their high body count and be worthy of praise and all the girls will have no body count in order to be worthy of your admiration.
You really typed something that makes 0 sense given that men and women are equal in number on this earth and posted thinking you’ve provided a reason for the foolishness. But all you’ve done is highlight how illogical and dumb many of you are when it comes to matters concerning women and sex.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by Maj196(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hathor5:

The thing is this. I think people who talk/type like you are very insecure in their masculinity desperately trying to prove how strong they are by putting other men down.

Taking charge of one's life is not a masculine trait. Every adult should do this.
Well I don't know if you are female or male. And you can think whatever you want. But what I said is nothing but the truth. Take that to the bank. And for the record, I don't bring ni**as down.
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by frozen70(f): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bigredmachine:
The most important thing is to preserve the family's name and if a girl child can't do it... Oga no go rest o... Male child has a lot of responsibility lying on their shoulders even before they were born (either with silver spoon or not)...

Hope you know that it's a man that determines the sex of a child

So if he can't drop "Y" Chromosomes and he no go grew what happens?

You blame the woman as usual
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by PacAmaru: 5:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Hmmmmmm everybody knows the great importance of having a male child, the numbers of sons a family has is like arrows in a soldiers hands, but daughters are like...
useless as "k" in know
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by PacAmaru: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:
Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together.
May God bless u with 10 girls without a boy
Re: Why Is There An Obsession With Male Children? by abdulwahhab001(m): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
donbachi:
Some female child is worth more than 10 male children put together.
some... Nice you were specific and that will be like 1:1000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can You Share Your Toothbrush With Your Spouse? / How Do You Tell Siblings To Give You Space Without Hurting Them Feelings / Quality Nigerian Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.