Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding (28387 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries His Secondary School Mate, 15 Years Later (Photos) / Ghanaian Man Kneels Down To Beg His Secondary School Girlfriend (VIDEO) / Pastor Tony Akinyemi's Son Is Best Graduating Student In US University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by CSTRR: 6:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
siofra:

Mtcheww angry
Yes thank you
I just saw your signature.

Prettiness is not everything. There is a limit to how much it can get you.

Change your mentality. Pretty privilege has a limit.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Dami12345: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
treatise:
Good morning Nairalanders, my is son is 12years old and in JSS 3 and has been adjudged to have high grasping ability by teachers and those he's interacted with but we have made several efforts to make him have interest in his academics ; he does not have any interest. We started giving lesson teachers when he turned 3 years but he particularly does not do well in math whereas he does wonders with his laptop.

A corps member who was teaching him math casually introduced Coding to him, copied some introductory steps to his laptop and left town. Since then he's been playing with the ebooks the corps member left for him and that informed my decision to employ the services of a computer engineer who was wowed by my son's level of advancement in coding ; he's built a couple of websites though rudimentary in my consideration.

It's a fact that almost all courses in universities require math as a prerequisite in getting admission; I kindly need your advice on best approach(es) in solving this challenge.

Thanks so much great people.

God bless you for this question, how I wish my father would see my skills and give me this great treatment.
You son will always be grateful to be put in the it line, GNT academy in Ibadan will do wonders with him, in one year he will be earning north150k monthly, and still be following his passion. If he wants school after this he can do it with ease.
Lemme ask you a question, if your son had skills like Mercy of barcaleno wouldn't you send him to academy?
Look at Anthony Joshua., Sir you are blessed.
You son is a genuine genius.
You can talk a pyschology test to check his personality type and IQ. With this you understand that he would Excell at anything he puts his mind to do and has interest. If he doesn't have interest he will out the same energy which he puts into excelling to Excell at not succeeding.
So let him learn coding, ask professionals and send him there, and believe me, a time may come when he wants to get a certain post that he will come and do university by himself, this time he will love it after hearing so much from others he will want to explore it like a meal you family praises or a show that come highly recommended.

You are very blessed sir. Have a lovely day.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Maj196(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Let me see the website he built, I won check something grin. Don't let him ignore his education due to his penchant for coding. He can study CS or Computer Engineering.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by notmyrealmonika: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
MickzyDonald:

Dullest psychopath I've seen today, try using your empty skull sometimes even though it's still gonna prove abortive
...yeeeh... Brutality, I need that combo wey you use.... Kilode Haaaaa

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by egopersonified(f): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2021
My 14 year old son is presently learning to code with his tablet and my laptop. He even found a tech hub close to us he says he wants to go to. He has being learning how to draw and paint for two years now and his boss sells his paintings now for 5k. I am at a cross road on what he should do this holiday. The painting was just a means to do something during the holidays because I hate holiday lessons, but he chose the coding himself. Any advice?
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by harmony75: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
Your son is a genius �❤ keep on encouraging him!.Nigeria government need to establish schools for The Gifted! In each states!
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by harmony75: 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
egopersonified:
My 14 year old son is presently learning to code with his tablet and my laptop. He even found a tech hub close to us he says he wants to go to. He has being learning how to draw and paint for two years now and his boss sells his paintings now for 5k. I am at a cross road on what he should do this holiday. The painting was just a means to do something during the holidays because I hate holiday lessons, but he chose the coding himself. Any advice?
take him to an art studio around you to keep him busy and to learn more!
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by jahsharon: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bhadmus7:
The world is evolving right now..don't make the mistake of allowing him waste his precious years in the university hustling for certificate..
Instead, enrol him into some Tech Hub and I.T hub, let him develop his coding skills..
He will be forever grateful to u

So, you are part of the "Education is Scam" team. You will weep at the end. Nonsensical nonsense. Are the people that developed the things you want him to go and learn in Tech Hub illiterates like you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Sleekfingers: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
PaNnamdi:
Your son want to become a yahoo boy and sacm people that's what bullhari led had turned Nigerian youths to become

No jobs no schools no empowerment but

Scammers

PaNnamdi is angry angry

lame talk and excuses........a typical lazy youths mantra.........

Na people like you dey tag anybody with a laptop, yahoo yahoo.....
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by vickydevoka(m): 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bhadmus7:
The world is evolving right now..don't make the mistake of allowing him waste his precious years in the university hustling for certificate..
Instead, enrol him into some Tech Hub and I.T hub, let him develop his coding skills..
Exactly
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Stainlezzking: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
I am also a programmer but I'd advice that you let your l son complete his sec school education first, that's important
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by zexy2030(m): 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
treatise:
Good morning Nairalanders, my is son is 12years old and in JSS 3 and has been adjudged to have high grasping ability by teachers and those he's interacted with but we have made several efforts to make him have interest in his academics ; he does not have any interest. We started giving lesson teachers when he turned 3 years but he particularly does not do well in math whereas he does wonders with his laptop.

A corps member who was teaching him math casually introduced Coding to him, copied some introductory steps to his laptop and left town. Since then he's been playing with the ebooks the corps member left for him and that informed my decision to employ the services of a computer engineer who was wowed by my son's level of advancement in coding ; he's built a couple of websites though rudimentary in my consideration.

It's a fact that almost all courses in universities require math as a prerequisite in getting admission; I kindly need your advice on best approach(es) in solving this challenge.

Let him pursue his interest. When the arithmetics is needed to achieve his goals, he will learn it ease because it's relatable to his interest. What we missed in our generation was this...our parents saw education as a way to survive the next generation. This generation is seeing coding as a way to survive the next generation. Soonest earth science would fade and space science will rule the world.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by ivolt: 6:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
If you let him drop out of secondary school, he and you will regret it later.
Coding is much more than what people think and a person with poor math foundation won't
do well in the long run.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Algold: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
12 years, jss3... Uncle relax your mind. He will surely do well in academics as he grows older.

That boy brain don dey expand with coding
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by queenitee(f): 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
PaNnamdi:
Your son want to become a yahoo boy and sacm people that's what bullhari led had turned Nigerian youths to become

Scammers

There must always be that one person

PaNnamdi is angry angry

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by tenpipsperday: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
yanabasee1:
OP is lying.....

He's lying... and this story doesn't add up...

I thought I was the only person who didn't buy that shit. Age three.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by calcal: 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Your son needs to complete secondary school and pass, no alternative to that.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by DrFunmisticGlow: 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
treatise:

your son is on to something. Unless you are sending him to school abroad, schooling in nigeria, is a big scam
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by generationz(f): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
treatise:

Same age Mark zuckerberg learnt coding. As much as he is on the right part Even if he develops an app that can change the world, going to the right school is where he has a chance of meeting like minded individuals and getting exposure to potential investors
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by benqo01(m): 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
I understand your point and you wants the best for him....sit him down and let him know the importance of having a secondary school certificate,but please don't kill is love for coding if he eventually leaves the country with is tech skills trust me he will make it big time.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by od501: 7:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
treatise:

Your son deserves an award for this. In fact, he needs every encouragement he can get at this time, please don't let conversionality take it away from him.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by mechanics(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Bhadmus7:
Nice advice.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by nomenclature(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is beyond your sense of reasoning ..go and play with your mates
PaNnamdi:

Scammers

PaNnamdi is angry angry

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by olyrayy(m): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
EasternActivist:
Wow build on it... Don't kill it..

He might me another emegwali

Emeagwali is a fraud.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by siofra(f): 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
CSTRR:

I just saw your signature.

Prettiness is not everything. There is a limit to how much it can get you.

Change your mentality. Pretty privilege has a limit.

Wahala!! Somebody cannot be fine and arrongant in peace again
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by siofra(f): 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
olyrayy:

Emeagwali is a fraud.

Proof and evidence else forever shut the fvck up.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by CSTRR: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
siofra:

Wahala!! Somebody cannot be fine and arrongant in peace again
Let me leave you a video from chimamanada Ngozi adichie titied " beauty does not solve problems"

Enjoy, and most importantly, learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UITxHbMdfs

1 Like

Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Landmack: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
michael77777:

hehehe...I laugh in kafanchan!

12 yrs KO!

jss3 NI!

creating websites my foot!

coding kpoo GI oku there!

What's this trash u typed here like some 1849 grandpa?

My 8yrs old nephew here in d UK has same ability as d ops son..d only difference is that he loves mathematics. Enrollment has begun for him in all aspects of coding,computer engineering plus robotic engineering and he's doing fine. I noticed he took after my brother who started like him and now currently works 4 Microsoft.

Kids are evolving...so make a conducive environment already for them. Better,if u have enough money ...u can sponsor them to any level.

Op pls do not relent. Your son knows mathematics..i suggest a change of school and a good 21st century home lesson teacher. Plus, pls get him a laptop now...even if he spoils it,buy another one for him pls. The road to success aint an easy one.

Cc: Treatise
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by boogie2: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
Please don't make the mistake. He must get his secondary education and get his SSCE at the least. He can skip his university if he still feels strongly about it but I believe he will see the need for a university degree in his field.
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: My Son Is Not Interested In His Secondary Education But Taught Himself Coding by Jagsconcept887(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Enrol him at NIIT or Aptech and have him study software engineering where he will be taught coding and AI programming. You won't regret it, if you can afford it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Difference Between BSc And BSc(Hons) / Police Uncover Body Of Paul Erie, AAU Abducted Lecturer / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.