Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone (40429 Views)

Dutch Official Advice To Single People: Find A Sex Buddy For Lockdown / Single People, Please How Are You Guys Coping In This Period? / Single People Of Nairaland, Why Are You Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2021
Ko easy ..,,.on God
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Elvisu: 12:16am On Aug 08, 2021
I have been in this situation for a long time now. I wish I have all its takes to get married immediately. I’m really tired of being single. The worst part is that my car is no longer available otherwise I usually stay with my guy in his house till late at night before going home. Just to avoid being alone in my own house. Nowadays is difficult because I hardly go out again.
My phone has become my companion and data usage is on the high side.
May God help me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by wizi4tyn: 12:22am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I am a young lady in my mid 20s. I don’t live with my parents. I live alone because I work in another city different from where my parents live. My problem now is immediately I get back home from work, I begin to feel lonely. Because of this, I like to close late from work just to keep my mind busy. I close early only if I have other errands to run or if I am very tired.

When I get home, I speak with my parents who try their best to keep me company. But there is still lots of time left before I go to bed. In the height of my boredom, I come to nairaland. Then I go to other blogs to read the news. I read all the news blogs I normally follow. I check out my chats on WhatsApp and Telegram. Usually there isn’t anyone chatting with me because everyone is busy with their lives. I go to Youtube which I have become tired of watching. And at some time I’m just bored to my mind. I don’t like to impose myself on anybody and so I only chat with people who come to chat with me including neighbours.

Sometimes I just want someone around that I can talk to but I’m alone by myself. Single people, how do you cope with boredom. I mean single people who are really single not the ones cohabiting or visiting their partners. Some tips will be very helpful right now.

I’d like to be your friend shaaa but I’m scared that I myself can be very boring sometimes especially if we don’t have common grounds to hold discussions on. What sayest thee?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by ezewealth(m): 12:25am On Aug 08, 2021
I learnt how to stay on my own alone since when I am a teen. Because I live in my head, I create an environment I love or wanted to be in and start living on it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by mbahdi(m): 12:28am On Aug 08, 2021
U didn't mention d state u stays.u may hook up with a naira lander and from there friendship may start so wic state do u stay
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by holysaint1(m): 12:53am On Aug 08, 2021
So how far... Pertaining the screen shot. Were you able to restrain yourself and let it all play out.

And i believe you both are still friends.. If yes, he can easily vid call or voice call you for momentary chats.. And if the feeling is still there, then i believe as time progresses, you will be alright.

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by holysaint1(m): 12:54am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I am a young lady in my mid 20s. I don’t live with my parents. I live alone because I work in another city different from where my parents live. My problem now is immediately I get back home from work, I begin to feel lonely. Because of this, I like to close late from work just to keep my mind busy. I close early only if I have other errands to run or if I am very tired.

When I get home, I speak with my parents who try their best to keep me company. But there is still lots of time left before I go to bed. In the height of my boredom, I come to nairaland. Then I go to other blogs to read the news. I read all the news blogs I normally follow. I check out my chats on WhatsApp and Telegram. Usually there isn’t anyone chatting with me because everyone is busy with their lives. I go to Youtube which I have become tired of watching. And at some time I’m just bored to my mind. I don’t like to impose myself on anybody and so I only chat with people who come to chat with me including neighbours.

Sometimes I just want someone around that I can talk to but I’m alone by myself. Single people, how do you cope with boredom. I mean single people who are really single not the ones cohabiting or visiting their partners. Some tips will be very helpful right now.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Ynix(m): 1:52am On Aug 08, 2021
Dbiz1111:

Go and marry, motivational speaker oshi cheesy cheesy
getting married is a choice my guy. It's not by force. When I looked at life since I began to think as a child, never did I see in a place where it is said the only passport to live a fulfilled life is to be married.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Ynix(m): 1:59am On Aug 08, 2021
Elvisu:
I have been in this situation for a long time now. I wish I have all its takes to get married immediately. I’m really tired of being single. The worst part is that my car is no longer available otherwise I usually stay with my guy in his house till late at night before going home. Just to avoid being alone in my own house. Nowadays is difficult because I hardly go out again.
My phone has become my companion and data usage is on the high side.
May God help me.
Perhaps tradition is one of the challenge here, why can't there be a soften system for people to get married.
Naturally, me I don't like tradition, not for once. It ties people down to a dogma. You have a guy already whom you stay with after work why can't marriage just happen just a day as cheap as possible without all the unnecessary wahala
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by omoyankee3(m): 2:07am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Read books(fiction and nonfiction) and meditate to savor your solitude. That's what I do.

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Stycon(m): 2:37am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

We can be friends.

I stay in Lagos.

But it has to be purely platonic o

Can I dm you?
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by femison32(m): 2:54am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Send me a chat on WhatsApp 09085635754 we get over this
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by ModestGal(f): 3:05am On Aug 08, 2021
One man food is another man's poison. Many atimes, I do wish not to have families, relatives, neighbors, friends that disturb my life. I wish I could be all by my own without any attachment to anyone. I hate talking on phones, but I chat very well. It is well indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Eroms4life17(m): 3:08am On Aug 08, 2021
Aforxzy:
It's could be boring being alone and single.

I learnt how to prepare different delicacies. So my saturdays were my practical days. I invite my friends over sometimes or share the food with my good neighbor.
On Sundays, I'm involved in alot of activities in the church that extends to mid afternoon. When i get back home I'm preparing for work.

I love movies and watch alot when there's nothing to do or just surfing the internet for gists, gossips and updates.
Are you single? You sound like fun. Send me a mail at eroms4life17@yahoo.com. I don't usually do this but this has captured my attention

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Eroms4life17(m): 3:09am On Aug 08, 2021
Aforxzy:
It's could be boring being alone and single.

I learnt how to prepare different delicacies. So my saturdays were my practical days. I invite my friends over sometimes or share the food with my good neighbor.
On Sundays, I'm involved in alot of activities in the church that extends to mid afternoon. When i get back home I'm preparing for work.

I love movies and watch alot when there's nothing to do or just surfing the internet for gists, gossips and updates.
Are you single? You sound like fun. Send me a mail at eroms4life 17 @ yahoo .com. I don't usually do this but this has captured my attention

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Eroms4life17(m): 3:14am On Aug 08, 2021
This is the first honest assessment done by a lady I have seen on nairaland. It's not easy not having anyone to come back home to. Data, movies, radio, church, work, phone, family or even club can not replace the companionship you share with your better half. All those things are better when done with someone who shares love and happiness with you. May God direct us to our better half's. Check out my signature

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by A9magic(m): 3:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Well ,from Ur write off,it seems most guys have the impression of u been an expensive and too busy type of gal .Most guy would hover around you on social medials but they were turned of by the way you reply them cos no gal can lack attention these days with advent of social medias.make urself available and respond appropriately,you will definitely find a good man that want you around always either in his place or coming over to yours but be ready to accept advances cos guys can't keep a gal company without getting sexual most times
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Goldwine1(f): 4:08am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I have all these things you asked me to get but i still feels very lonely. I just want to have the feeling of someone sharing the same space with me. I told my sister to come and stay with me and get a job in my city but she said she wants to stay with my parents and work in the same city as my parents.

At some point I thought about changing accommodation and renting a shared space instead of a full space where it is just only me but on a second thought, I said no because I don’t want to have issues with anybody.

Most Saturday I go out with some of my colleagues who are also my friends and on Sunday I go to church bit immediately I get back home, it is different.

Change apartment, I feel that house is depressing. Then start a new hobby like Golfing. Golfers are fun to be around with, especially during the weekends. You can also close early during some week days to play a few holes.

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Abiababe(f): 4:18am On Aug 08, 2021
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by bepositive11: 4:20am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Learn to enjoy your own company. Explore new interests. Think about your future ambitions and work towards them.

And do you want to be single forever? If not, you have to work on building friendships. You have to put yourself out there and socialize

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by olmoRoc: 4:43am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Watch movies, study, surf the web, sleep

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Haliraph(m): 4:55am On Aug 08, 2021
Are you sure you're not my next door neighbor?
If not, na your house i go dey sleep, wake-up just to keep you company.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by AfroKnight: 5:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

grin But why na? cry Former country you say? I don't understand. What greater needs are pulling your mind away from the thought of marriage that I evoke? And you mean there are other things stronger than the feeling of being infatuated and intoxicated with me? Something must be wrong somewhere.

Former, cos in my heart, I’ve disowned that country. grin Nothing is wrong, really.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Magnoliaa(f): 5:31am On Aug 08, 2021
AfroKnight:

Former, cos in my heart, I’ve disowned that country. grin Nothing is wrong, really.

That's too bad. Your motherland. Your father's tongue land. If everyone hates Nigeria, who will keep our identity to—forget the rubbish I'm spewing. Thunder faya Nigeria. grin

Nahh. Something is wrong. I'm just not in the mood, if not, I'd go spotlighting for the cause of the disinterest and maybe even rectify it. cheesy
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by frozen70(f): 6:04am On Aug 08, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Get a boyfriend and you guys should start dating
It's another way of staying away from lonely life
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by warren6789(m): 6:08am On Aug 08, 2021
[let chat on WhatsApp 07042492466
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:25am On Aug 08, 2021
Amex2018:
Do you have any specific book in mind or any area you would want to read?

This will help. Thank you

Book on self development and getting closer to Jesus is what I’ll prefer to read. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:31am On Aug 08, 2021
holysaint1:
So how far... Pertaining the screen shot. Were you able to restrain yourself and let it all play out.

And i believe you both are still friends.. If yes, he can easily vid call or voice call you for momentary chats.. And if the feeling is still there, then i believe as time progresses, you will be alright.

Actually I updated this thread at a later date. We tried starting a relationship but we are not compatible. We think very differently and it wasn’t going to work. So, we’ve both moved on.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by kay29000(m): 6:43am On Aug 08, 2021
Emodeee:

una no dey knack?cheesy. Talk true.

Lol. Yeah, we used too.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Wapchrist1(m): 7:01am On Aug 08, 2021
Friends buy your original car spare parts from me
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by uthlaw: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2021
AAbuja:
For a man it gets worse around that 8pm. You don't want to be inside alone, you'll want to stay out till 10 or 11pm.

Nothing compares to companionship but take your time and get the best that suits you
go buy PS4,watch football matches....nothing sweet like having a freedom!

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Cousin9999: 7:11am On Aug 08, 2021
Doja2000:
Those idiots telling op to be friends with them. Op say she wan make friends with anybody for this forum??
Womaniser full this forum ooo.
Even the ones way no dey lonely,dey talk say them dey lonely.

lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding, Dumped Me For A Military Man She Just Met" / Naija Girls And 2go / Nigerian Couple Celebrates 20 Years Of Dating (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.