Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone (40467 Views)

Dutch Official Advice To Single People: Find A Sex Buddy For Lockdown / Single People, Please How Are You Guys Coping In This Period? / Single People Of Nairaland, Why Are You Single? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I am a young lady in my mid 20s. I don’t live with my parents. I live alone because I work in another city different from where my parents live. My problem now is immediately I get back home from work, I begin to feel lonely. Because of this, I like to close late from work just to keep my mind busy. I close early only if I have other errands to run or if I am very tired.

When I get home, I speak with my parents who try their best to keep me company. But there is still lots of time left before I go to bed. In the height of my boredom, I come to nairaland. Then I go to other blogs to read the news. I read all the news blogs I normally follow. I check out my chats on WhatsApp and Telegram. Usually there isn’t anyone chatting with me because everyone is busy with their lives. I go to Youtube which I have become tired of watching. And at some time I’m just bored to my mind. I don’t like to impose myself on anybody and so I only chat with people who come to chat with me including neighbours.

Sometimes I just want someone around that I can talk to but I’m alone by myself. Single people, how do you cope with boredom. I mean single people who are really single not the ones cohabiting or visiting their partners. Some tips will be very helpful right now.
chat me up wanna make new friend.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Segun2222: 9:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I’ll give it a try. Though it’s not my thing.
try smoke loud you'll probably forget you're lonely and concentrate more on making money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Limassol(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
melodyogonna:

People, especially nowadays likes to convince themselves that relationships are all about money and sex, this mentality has in turn almost completely ruined the whole experience.

I love to think relationships are for times like this, having someone you can really call a friend, someone who wouldn't mind your disturbances, and who's willing to spend long hours talking with you, both physically, text chat, audio and video calls. Someone who's going to help make your free time eventful and satisfying. I truly hate what wokeness and society is trying to make this sort of bond and friendship become.
Exactly my thoughts. Its not all about demanding sex,a healthy relationship offers way more than that.

2 Likes

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Polynek(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
My own b say as football don resume Dix week, omo loneliness don go oo but nothing pax relationship with human being oo, grin dax d bitter truth
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by InvertedHammer: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I am a young lady in my mid 20s. I don’t live with my parents. I live alone because I work in another city different from where my parents live. My problem now is immediately I get back home from work, I begin to feel lonely. Because of this, I like to close late from work just to keep my mind busy. I close early only if I have other errands to run or if I am very tired.

When I get home, I speak with my parents who try their best to keep me company. But there is still lots of time left before I go to bed. In the height of my boredom, I come to nairaland. Then I go to other blogs to read the news. I read all the news blogs I normally follow. I check out my chats on WhatsApp and Telegram. Usually there isn’t anyone chatting with me because everyone is busy with their lives. I go to Youtube which I have become tired of watching. And at some time I’m just bored to my mind. I don’t like to impose myself on anybody and so I only chat with people who come to chat with me including neighbours.

Sometimes I just want someone around that I can talk to but I’m alone by myself. Single people, how do you cope with boredom. I mean single people who are really single not the ones cohabiting or visiting their partners. Some tips will be very helpful right now.
/
Visit the guy you like so much...

and then engage in a horizontal mumbo jumbo with him.

/
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Simpubozz(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
I got my PS connected so I’m into multiplayer and I’ve got DJs and few clubbers as friends who always have one show or the other . So if I’m not indoor with my PS , I’m out there with them boiz
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Blackdisciple(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hmmm...!

Its hard oo...
Some girl once said on a single guy, take away his job you will realise that he is just a lonely dude.

I will not lie some single guys that are not with parents are someworth alone.

Na till evening time na.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Elmaaq: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I love music. It has helped me so many times to ease my boredom. Please what is the name of the facebook group maybe I could send a request to the group.
What state/city u in?
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by fablani(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I want to be chatting with you cos we are of same feather.
Hope I'm welcome

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by khen10: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Oh I can absolutely relate, I'm typing this message from the comfort of my loneliness. I chat a lot though... So that at least serves as a welcome distraction. So I'll suggest you make more online friends (good ones o). It'll help you carry on till you find a real companion!

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Abyounghammed(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Fiscus105:

And God says, it is not good for human being to be alone and he finds him a helper

I pity ideology of ...... marriage is a scam because of those who made wrong choice in marriage.......
But sir, what if ur girlfriend is in school, and u still want to obey God
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Amarisco(f): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

This post is exactly me in every way. I never even commented or browsed this site for years but when I see say lockdown wan kee pesin grin, I’m now here as if they pay me.

I think currently I’m fixated on house work, and making everything 150% perfect - all the time. I don’t think that’s too healthy though. Asides that I keep myself busy with journals, holiday planning, podcasts, movies, video calls, girls outings when we plan them, and even NL helps me feel connected with people.

I also love to read. A good book will make you put your phone on silent mode and forget the whole world. I’d like to be more active though, taking walks for fresh air and stuff, I know it has its benefits.

For me, personally, I’ve accepted that whilst I’m single it just comes with the territory because there are some things you just can’t do for yourself, like have eye contact, 6 hour talks, or a hug - those are things I value, but yours may be different

There will be times like that but once you’ve gotten through that night and you’re busy once more you’re okay sis

3 Likes

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by udosam(m): 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

I for one, i believe it is normal to want human company but at the same time like you already mentioned, you can’t force people to want what you want and also people have their lives to live too.

So find something that will excite you while you learn it, call your friends once once, take a stroll once once, read books. That’s my best remedy, reading books. Not just any book o, novels. Find authors you like and just keep reading.

I like Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Stephen King, etc.

And then just sometimes if you have light, watch movies, put on music and just sing along while you dance.

I can’t dance for the life of me but I just dance carelessly alone.

And talk to yourself, be your best friend. And pls don’t forget to reach out too. I’m sure many of your friends and relatives want to hear and gist with you, just reach out.

I have been living alone for long so much that I think I enjoy my own company too much, now I want to step out sometimes and just mingle but then, I enjoy my space too much

You can also get a pet. Me I have been craving to get a dog but the amount they are calling ehh, well,…..

In all, guard your heart, your thoughts and plan your actions. You will be fine dear

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Decolonel:
Light up my weed, AZ, or SK, drink beer or vodka. Then proceed to the bathroom with my slimy cream/ lub and self-service the hell outta myself. grin. Then hit the bed for sweet sleep.

The orgasm you get when you are high is outta this world. My fellow niggars know exactly what I'm talking about grin

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by MartinsD12(m): 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

It's not easy though being single after trying out some relationships, still in the process of trying out because man is not a island, man needs a companion, for now I got married to my work and my phone when I get back from work I watch funny nollywood movies like Sam loco, Mr ibu, akidi, utaba etc on Facebook just to kill That singleness and boredom and of course nairaland too

2 Likes

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by duchaB(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

When I was in your shoes I was never lonely because I'm introverted and I loved my own company, but whenever I felt anything faintly resembling boredom or loneliness, I watched movies, surfed the internet or read a book. You just have to reprogram your mind to look for activities that occupy the mind. Enjoy these quiet years now because the time is coming when you will look back with nostalgia.

You were never lonely when u was in her shoes cos you are introverted!!
So what were you, when you were in her shoes?..
No matter how introverted anyone is, there can still be loneliness cos there are several layers and forms of loneliness..
It's multidimensional..

Anyways, I am starting a yoga class in Ikeja and VGC.. you can be my first student. smiley
Let us remould that your yam legs.. just kidding!
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Koko88(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Humans were created for many things; being alone isn't one of them.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by momove4real25(f): 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
I have freedom to do all that i want.
Walking naked in my apartment.
Having data to read news and post on diff media platform.
Cooking for my self alone except i have visitors.
Have time to think straight without having negative person around that will spoil my mood.
Ensuring i have my set out goals one by one.
It cant be forever though, but i love it most.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Doja2000:
Those idiots telling op to be friends with them. Op say she wan make friends with anybody for this forum??
Womaniser full this forum ooo.
Even the ones way no dey lonely,dey talk say them dey lonely.
just leave that op alone, she just use her hand open door for fvckk boys/men, hornnny set of male.

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Ballack1(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
[quote author=MeghaneMorgane post=104537650]

I’ll give it a try. Though it’s not my thing.
Try it
Read books as well

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by drightguy(m): 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2021
For someone at my age, I have stayed alone since I was 16years old. Staying alone or being single has made me to have a particular routine each day starting from morning to evening.

Most times I work with time and I have been on that routine for a very long time although it made me more introverted because I move from home to office and office to home. Only stops is either from the work to the mart or fueling station.

But recently I started feeling lonely may be because of my age. I am currently breaking some of the routines just to mingle with people. Am looking forward to making friends who are with sound reasoning and expose too.

Don't mind my English. Feel free to mention me for chat. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by BlackZeus17: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hey meghan what about this guy and story u once told us about... How's did it go. Oya we can create gist from there and keep us company

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Fiscus105(m): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
Abyounghammed:

But sir, what if ur girlfriend is in school, and u still want to obey God

You want to obey God having girlfriend? If you want to obey God you shall run away from fornication my brother.

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Pegi23(f): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
It is very simple. Download a lot of films on youtube,showmax, Netflix,irokotv.. just have these film app..once u are tired of watching them you will sleep and once u wake up download wattpad (a novel app) then read novels ,eat , sleep,wake up, watch movies again..that how I live oo. U won't be bored. Always remember to download the latest songs so u can play it while reading novels..
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by weslay: 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
Side hustle, I derive loads of joy making money plus the freedom it brings. Certifications, I strongly believe in continuous improvement. Gym, one has to be war fit. Video game or snoker, my idea of sheer bliss. Quora+Nairaland, mostly for information and laughter.

Summary, get busy and have fun
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by madprophet(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
Exmilitant:
At 41, i am single but not lonely. My older sisters have taken advantage of the situation and have dump their worrisome children with me. Since my house is littered with kids, and teenagers, i dont feel alone. Not forgetting numerous girlfriends doing turns. cool

Looool.. Oga boss

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2021
I really don't see why you are single at 26, especially those of your that work.
Have a social life go to events, programmes or any social event try to meet people.
Stop all these forming, ladies be courteous, guys be friendly.
Soc media has killed the art on interpersonal relationships.
My condolences to the millennials.

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Olaedo7: 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
You are not alone in this. I'm also single.

Even though I am used to being alone, I sometimes crave companionship. My friends are far and we don't chat often because everyone is busy.

I manage my loneliness by reading books, writing, surfing the internet for interesting stories, and watching movies. My being alone has also made me very analytical in nature.
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by dboY1123(m): 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:

Can u email me? Or if I can have your number ?

1 Like

Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Abyounghammed(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
Fiscus105:

You want to obey God having girlfriend? If you want to obey God you shall run away from fornication my brother.
Hmm, sebi no man is an island they say
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Blackdeewhy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Subscribe to GLO 1 gig - #100 12:5am. I make sure to subscribed 300 or 400 which is 3 to 4gig.
Log unto O2tvseries, download series to keep your company during the day and you keep going.
Try these:
Power 1-6
Good Trouble
Orange is the new black
When they see us
Nikita
How to get away with murder
Black list
Kyle XY
The 100
Dexter
Etc
Self company all the way! No drama, no expectations, no argument you just do YOU�
Re: Single People How Do You Cope With Being Alone by Banter1(m): 10:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
MeghaneMorgane lec me keep you company whenever you board.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Help My Girlfriend Is Asking Another Guy Out / Man Shows Off Creative Gift He Got From His Fiancée On His Birthday (pics) / Victoria Kimani: I Have Not Had Sex Since 2017, Now I Feel Like A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.