Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks (50240 Views)

Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / Pastor Moses Adeeyo Accused Of Marrying Church Member's Wife In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Sanni45(m): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
This is pathetic.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by J2381: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Lord have Mercy. Even if he didn't pay bride price, atleast he married your daughter in the church. The useless pastor should have respected that holy union and not let his lust for another man's wife get the better of him.

It really is a shame what many parents have turned themselves into all in the name of money.

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Iniobong34:
Lets start from the name of the church. (WORLD BANK ASSEMBLY) undecided
More like IMF Bible church. Lol

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Indispensable85(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
Useless mother
Useless daughter
Useless fake pastor
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by izubext007: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2021
How can u do church wedding and traditional wedding, without paying bride price?
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by joefelin2345: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2021
timi36220:
God will purnish you and your entire household, If ijaw men don show your family shege that means your family too local since nah only local ijaw men unah Sabi idiot.
There is no need to debase any tribe on this matter. Thank God Mr Bright the former husband is still alive, let him counter the mother as regards payment of Bride price or not. Very simple.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Tannhauser(m): 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Apst: 4:40pm On Aug 10, 2021
Rozcol:
Anything can happen, he must have done that and dodged the bride price aspect, her mom can't be lying.Learn to be civil, if I attack you back now its my own they will see.
Na only Yoruba's fit do this rubbish check the wife na yoruba
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Bigprick9inches: 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
[s]She explained that her daughter's first husband, Bright Ben, didn't pay bride price when he married her daughter 12 years ago, despite doing the traditional marriage and church wedding. [/s]
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by chibu4u2(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
sonofElElyon:

Assuming but not conceding that he didn't pay bride price, the white wedding which comes with a marriage certificate under the marriage act makes the marriage legally binding irrespective of whether bride price was paid or not.. only a court can dissolve such a marriage.. the subsequent marriage of the woman to the pastor is therefore null and void since at the time of the said subsequent marriage, the woman was still the lawful wedded wife of her original and only husband

Gbam¡ you said it all.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Dardeepearl: 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
Can any mother be more senseless than this?
Doesn't payment of Bride price precede wedding?
Anyway, just so you know, your daughter is liable for a charge of bigamy, while her endtime pastor husband cannot escape the charge of adultery.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2021
Yorubas will say' A ki i mo oko omo ka tun mo ale e'. Meaning one does not acknowledge the husband for one's child and also acknowledge her illicit lover.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by lexy2014: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Rozcol:
Anything can happen, he must have done that and dodged the bride price aspect, her mom can't be lying.Learn to be civil, if I attack you back now its my own they will see.

That's why u were asked how do traditional wedding & white wedding without paying bride price?
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Iniobong34: 4:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Skyview01:

More like IMF Bible church. Lol
am telling you. Only the name alone caught my attention

1 Like

Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Engrr(m): 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
Greedy women everywhere!
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by focus7: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
Shameless people everywhere. Church like every other religion na scam, full of hypocrites, deceitful people.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Commotfornigeri: 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
this one dey lie.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Yeyenairaland(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
All I can deduce from this long tale

... olosho woman encouraging her olosho daughter
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by OdogwuToks(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
Unseen:

What I am saying is that it's not possible to earn salary from CBN when you're not working there.

You can't do traditional marriage without paying Bride price... It's not possible.

If she said they did only church wedding maybe I will believe her but with traditional marriage involved, she's lying and probably influenced her daughter to leave her husband.

Stop believing anything you hear

I agree with this, you can never do traditional marriage without paying bride price.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by xeju: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
[left][/left]
Minjim:
I don't know how some men will get a woman pregnant, live with her as husband and wife for 12 years and not do the necessary rites.

The woman is not your wife but just the mother of your children.
At least, bring something for the parents and make them give you their blessings. Yoruba dowry is peanut and some even reject it.
Did you even watch the video or read the message, the rain is affecting your health
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by idahme(m): 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
somehow:

Elele

TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE without bride price?

Do you know that traditional marriage is mostly done for bride price presentation?

There won't be need for that if there's no bride price.

First name for trad marriage is bride price, no bride price no marriage. Sometimes in the euphoria of seeing their beloved daughters get married the mother and father might decide to expunged a large chunk of the traditional rites due them from the would be husband in order to assist in the smooth running of the ceremony. This is mostly done when the groom is not well to do and the father in-law is wealthy. In most cases the parents would decide to cut down the expenses needed to foot the bride price bills . That woman's story is not true, price price contains different rites not only limited to the nuclear family( husband and wife) but also the extended family and other things contained therein. Even the husband and wife decides to waive their rites for the would be husband that doesn't mean the pride price has not been sorted out. How would someone do trad without bride price when trad in itself is pride price, unbelievable.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Agugbadin: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
Cock and bull story.
You only encourage your daughter to port because you are now enjoying church money

Period end of discussion.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by chamber2(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
[quote author=Rozcol post=104640135]Let's always listen to both sides before passing judgement,if there's no bride price then there's no marriage that's the bitter truth.Tina has been unmarried all her life until recently when she legally got married to the pastor,she was just cohabiting with Ben her former partner (boyfriend). Most local men(especially Ijaw men) are fund of doing that rubbish, they will cohabit with women and bear several children but no bride price.I Stan Tina gidigbam.[/quote

I guess you are still single and doesnt understand marriage yet angry

This.your response is warped.

Traditional marriage ceremony is done after payment and acceptance of dowry. If the dowry was not paid for whatever reason, that doesnt invalidate the fact that they are legally married. Some families voluntarily reject dowry payment on the guice that they are not "selling" their daughter. However, they will allow you conclude other marriage rites. Are you saying if the man proceeds to do church or court wedding the marriage is invalid?

They also did "church wedding." It means their marriage is recognised by the Nigerian law. They are both husband and wife.

The right thing would have been to go through the normal channel of separation. The woman is now married to two men�

They family are after the WorldBank money�
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by armadeo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
These hoes ain't loyal......
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by timberprides: 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2021
See d reason why I no dey blame some guy dat doesn't bliv in marriage

Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Tzar(m): 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
That man is so lucky. God got rid of two witches (mother-in-law & ex wife) in his life. He should go for thanksgiving!
Do DNA test on the children. If they are yours, collect them & move on to bigger & better things.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by labelle123(f): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
Unseen:

Please explain to us, how you can do traditional marriage without paying bride price.

Read Below

. That's it

bride price comes before wedding except the church involve is after money or something
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Mekudi: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
And some people in front page are saying bride price is the real marriage. grin The way we have been messed up in Africa is so funny. A beg, court marriage is the main. All those deceiving you only want to take your money. Billing a man who has just started his life millions on top the girl isnt a virgin, and no assurance she willl not leave. Lol. Some will even pay for one useless meeting called introduction...and then court weeding, and again engagement...and proceed to do white wedding in church....and to entertainment in a hall...and still do home party....lol. Christ! Do I care about the extended family? Are they the ones who will take of you in the marriage? Cant we just think? These ways are useless, and that's why we are backward. SMH.
You are backward not we
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by babyfaceafrica: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
Rozcol:
Anything can happen, he must have done that and dodged the bride price aspect, [b]her mom can't be lying.[/b]Learn to be civil, if I attack you back now its my own they will see.
because?
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by Agugbadin: 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
She has been in an abusive marriage with domestic violence from her mother's story. That is why it is good to hear from both sides.
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by GorillaApp(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2021
Rozcol:
Let's always listen to both sides before passing judgement,if there's no bride price then there's no marriage that's the bitter truth.Tina has been unmarried all her life until recently when she legally got married to the pastor,she was just cohabiting with Ben her former partner (boyfriend). Most local men(especially Ijaw men) are fund of doing that rubbish, they will cohabit with women and bear several children but no bride price.I Stan Tina gidigbam.
Did you read where she said traditional marriage and church wedding was done? Who weds a woman in church when bride price has not been paid?
How can you do traditional marriage without paying bride price?
I smell a lie somewhere
Re: Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks by staymore: 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
Tunagee:

Read the story very well. Am not sure there was a legal agreement ( court wedding) between her and the former

You should read the story very well and explain to us if Church wedding has another meaning. Below is an excerpt from her story

She explained that her daughter's first husband, Bright Ben, didn't pay bride price when he married her daughter 12 years ago, despite doing the traditional marriage and church wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi: "Bishop Oyedepo's Protocol Did Not Allow Me See Him" / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / Ancient Greek Inscription 'Christ Born Of Mary' To Ward Off Evil Spirit Seen(Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.