Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. (29824 Views)

She Won't Date Me Until I Tell Her My Body Count! / Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by KingDash: 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
Richbyfaith:
Isoright. Who NYSC epp?
my brother tell them oh.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Salvichealth: 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
Na because you no get money shaa. I may be wrong though

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by emae009(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
You're reasoning to commit a crime (age forgery) but your mumu never done... When she wants money you don't have in the future, will you steal

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
nrexzy:

Hanti no offence oo... But u work as low-budget secretary. (Maybe Receptionist)

If you understand the job of a cooperate secretary u no go Dey type ignorantly...

Hahahahaaaa..

I didn't just work as a Secretary. I was a PA to the former DG of Bacita sugar company.. where were you then? Prolly not born.

I was a cooperate secretary to the former Chairman Board of Directors GTB Awolowo Road. 2008
Let me not mention his name. Where were you then?
And the list goes on

Now, run along.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:
Greetings to you all. Let's have a small family meeting.

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

What advice do you have to offer? I'll appreciate.
My advice to you is to post this on twitter and believe me you will get sensible and matured advice. Just take a look at the responses people are giving here.

These Nairaland has become a breeding ground for some adults that don't think in a matured way.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Newboss(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
He even dey call her fiancee. Awon simp. Yeye dey smell
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by dapsoneh: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Is your so called fiancee not aware of your age ni?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Truvelisback(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
wpadmin:

Even as he is above 30
Can u imagine? If only he knows how many jobless and helpless graduates out there that are earning poorer than this, he won't he be saying all this.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Bigfish121(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
If you graduated before the age of 30 you are expected to do the mandatory 1 year service irrespective of your current age.

3 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Newboss(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Simran94:

My advice to you is to post this on twitter and believe me you will get sensible and matured advice. Just take a look at the responses people are giving here.

These Nairaland has become a breeding ground for some adults that don't think in a matured way.

You can't even compare Nairaland with Twitter. Nairaland, in one day you can get 1000 views. On Twitter, if you can get 1000 view a day, you must be an influencer. Those are two very different platforms. Nairaland is way ahead of Twitter in terms of community.

So you are looking for sweet replies abi? Dey there make pant dey wear you. Real life no get sweet replies o. You even lucky say you get people for Nairaland wey get time to lash you when you loose guard. The replies on this thread are very reasonable and real.

7 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by anochuko01(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

If you graduated before you turn 30, then you're qualified for service, regardless of your current age, otherwise I'll advice you just get your exemption and face your life squarely.

I finished school 6 years ago with a good result, but I've just decided to go for nysc. Just like you, I'm not a fan of the scheme but I had to come back to it after figuring what I want to do with my life.

Nysc is sweet if you've known your path in life... You can easily work your PPA to a place that'll help your future endeavors. Asides that 33k from government and 17k from PPA, I'm currently running a side gig that'll pay me 45k at the end of this month, and it may increase as time goes on.

The ball is in your court but please play it wisely.

5 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by nrexzy: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hahahahaaaa..

I didn't just work as a Secretary. I was a PA to the former DG of Bashita sugar company.. where were you then? Prolly not born.

I was a cooperate secretary to the former head Board of Directors GTB Awolowo Road. 2008
Let me not mention his name. Where were you then?
And the list goes on

Now, run along.

Great congratulations on ur achievements, but by any chance did you Serve? (NYSC) ?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by AfroKnight: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
1. Collect your exemption certificate on time. Before your future political opponents will use it to rubbish you.

2. Face your business. Even if you work your way into serving, you are going to spend money to deploy yourself to a favourable place. That’s extra spending. Money you don’t have at present. Then you will spend one year wearing Khaki when you could be building your business.

The excitement of service year is sweet but at your age, you don’t need it. Your focus is wealth creation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by nrexzy: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Exemption Certificate can serve the same purpose. If Kemi had the exemption certificate, there wouldn't be any problem. Na age dem overage, dem no kee person.

BTW, what does the bolded mean?
In summary
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by LegendaryArnold(m): 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

ehn go for nysc na
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by gevans(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

If you graduated before clocking 30, you are still eligible for NYSC, regardless of your current age. The year I serve, I met corpers that are over 40 years old. NYSC will expose you. I am glad I served my fatherland.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Truvelisback:
Oga, go and serve. The way to the top is 4rm down. Don't allow pride and oju kokoro to kill u. U manage to see 33k, u no thank ur God.
Allow him to have his pride in peace, why you threatened by his pride? Shey him don beg before?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Fortez: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Be a man take your own decisions
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by notoriousbabe: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
She wan use the period to fok around
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by airsaylongcome: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
FarahAideed:
You are not supposed to serve is you are above 30 year na

Not if you are are Nigerian citizen at the time of graduation AND graduated under 30. If u were below 30 when you graduated AND were a Nigerian citizen, if you like go to NYSC at 80 years. You MUST serve

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by VTJN(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

You don't have something tangible doing for now but you already got yourself a fiancee? My only concern is, if you truly know what you are doing.

As for your question, since you ain't really occupied for now. Why not look for fund to influence your service to your state of choice? Possibly your state of resistance. With that, you can continue with whatsoever plan you had concerning your career and at the same time earn something little (33k)

You can consider taking exit out of camp after registration. If you know you can't stay put in a particular spot for 3weeks or you got something tangible to do those period.

Your fiancee and his uncle can't be dumb at the same time. Opportunity might show up unexpectedly from anywhere. You need a discharge certificate or excemption cert to secure a government job and perhaps some private jobs

You don't need it if you plan to stand on your own though. Following the route or guideline i gave earlier. I don't consider it a waste of time for you. You can use a stone to kill more than a bird if you know what you're doing.

Why not give it a shot!
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by fitinwell: 6:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
Brother secure the Bag first... Your real woman go surface...

I didn't go for NYSC.. i got Exemption.. because i was busy with my consultancy business.

Las, las i find a bride that suit my taste and boom we marry on low key

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by 001spice: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
DigiPerson:
Ok
she's not ready for marriage
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by ujezeez(m): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Keep on simping brov...u go dey ok at last.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by juman(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Opinionated:
It is illegal for you to serve if you are above 30 at the point of graduation for your HND/Degree full time course.

Illegal?
Means that they have changed the law.
Before at 30 you can chose to serve or not to serve.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by akwatu29: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Very foolish girl
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Staccato001: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
nrexzy:
A lot of insults from peeps above.... He simply asked for your opinion not for u guys to insult his girl... Can even see a myopic female insulting her...

Fact if ur above 30, automatically u would be exempted..

2ndly she and her uncle are right.... Without NYSc appointments into government position is difficult...
E. G the case of former minister of finance(Kemi)..

In conclusion,
So she has ur best interest @ heart... Better u just do it than to be found wanting....
Even PMB had a waec issues though his classmates came openly and the exam board yet people still have issues with that, now imagine an ordinary citizen.

In my own opinion if ur above 30 then u can live ur life and follow ur woman.

But the guy stated he's going into Private practice and envisaged even government patronising his consultancy soon.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Kudducini(m): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
She wants you to go so she can have enough cucumber to chew
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
If you are above 30 forget it oo..

If you forget birth certificate or manipulate the process. It would later hunt you.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by VTJN(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
ruggedtimi:
jobless and you get fiance
As in eh. I wonder myself

Maybe the guy dey look him age as criteria to marry. He no look him pocket smiley
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Staccato001: 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newboss:

You can't even compare Nairaland with Twitter. Nairaland, in one day you can get 1000 views. On Twitter, if you can get 1000 view a day, you must be an influencer. Those are two very different platforms. Nairaland is way ahead of Twitter in terms of community.

So you are looking for sweet replies abi? Dey there make pant dey wear you. Real life no get sweet replies o. You even lucky say you get people for Nairaland wey get time to lash you when you loose guard. The replies on this thread are very reasonable and real.

Epic!
So much on point.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by micflo28(m): 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Has NYSC put food on her table. My brother leave puna pursue money first. She go miss yarn after you don make money plenty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Most Ladies Fall For Bad Guys? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Lady Sacrificed UK Scholarship For Man Who Later Left Her For Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.