Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. (29825 Views)

She Won't Date Me Until I Tell Her My Body Count! / Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by bigpicture001: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
Bro if u graduated before 30, even if your 100 years currently,u can still go for NYSC...

Again..u are not ambitious at all.u don't want to serve or do any other thing,just waiting for when you will start a firm in the air..?

Abeg shift jare
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by silibaba: 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
must you too marry her?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:
Greetings to you all. Let's have a small family meeting.

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

What advice do you have to offer? I'll appreciate.

If actually you did a proper documentation in your year one with your school, it will not be in your power to decide whether you will serve or not.
Some of us only got to know our fate in final year while awaiting NYSC call up letter. Those of us who were below 30 years did receive call up letter while others got exemption letter. I remember how my friend felt when he didn't receive call up letter. He really wanted to serve but forgot that he wrote his actual age, during WAEC, JAMB and year one.
If your friend is talking about discrimination, it means she doesn't understand the law establishing NYSC. Many are like that, they feel that you are not a graduate till you serve . It means they don't know what the law says . Only average Niigerian thinks that way
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Blackdisciple(m): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Ok...

Tell her if she's no a graduate of Oxford university you will not marry her too.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SonofGod231: 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
OP don't be ignorant.While filling and doing your NYSC Biometrics online.The moment you fill 30yrs and above as your age that's after making the necessary payments at the Bank.
An exemption certificate will automatically be done with your details provided by you and sent to your School for collection.
I think at the "student affairs" and this can serve as NYSC Discharge any where even in a government agency.
And even if you still wish to go ahead for the service,all you need is a court affidavit stating you are less than 30yrs and your Jamb clearance print out and call up at the Camp.
Nothing more or extradiornary,those are the vital things so why the fuss about and all this 70K and money you are calling. Affidavit that you will use in the fill out no be just 8h or 1k?
If your name don come out for your school jamb clearance list,come I go run am for you for nothing.
Everyone is presented with the opportunity to serve as you will all appear on the cleared list but it is the way you go about doing your online biometrics that will depend if you're going to get an exemption or call up.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newboss:

You can't even compare Nairaland with Twitter. Nairaland, in one day you can get 1000 views. On Twitter, if you can get 1000 view a day, you must be an influencer. Those are two very different platforms. Nairaland is way ahead of Twitter in terms of community.

So you are looking for sweet replies abi? Dey there make pant dey wear you. Real life no get sweet replies o. You even lucky say you get people for Nairaland wey get time to lash you when you loose guard. The replies on this thread are very reasonable and real.
This is very wrong!!!! You don't need to be an inflencer on twitter to get 1000 views a day. Go and check some tweets with high engagements and check the number of followers the person who made the tweet has, then compare. Forget about being an influencer, It all depends on the kind of tweets if it's an interactive post or something people can relate with. Post anything to shade Davido, or wizkid and see if you won't have mad engagements on your tweets.
I have seen people with less than 50 followers on twitter with lots of engagements (like over 10k likes and comments) on a particular post because it's an interactive post and people kept retweeting as they were reading and commenting.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by REALretep(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
Do what you feel is right.
Personally, I can't advise you to do forgery of your age in order to please your financée and go for NYSC...it could haunt you in the future.
Get your exemption letter and move on with your life.
An NYSC exemption letter has same legal status as an NYSC completion certificate

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by joyandfaith: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Based on my course of study, I have mapped out plans and strategies (blueprint) on setting up my firm where I'll do my private practice once I'm stable economically. By God's grace, in the future, I see government and even private firms coming to seek my services as a technocrat cum consultant in that field. But my woman (fiancée) is saying those who didn't serve and receive NYSC discharged are not regarded as graduates even though they've exemption letter citing discrimination and even example coming from her uncle of how people were disqualified from appointment for not having NYSC discharged. Please how true is that submission of hers? Does such discrimination actually exist in government and private organizations?

Below are my reasons for not desiring to serve. First, I'm above 30. Second, not really freak about the NYSC of thing. Third, at the moment, I'm unemployed but applicant. Fourth, I don't want to waste another one year when I should be hunting "cool cash" instead of 33k. Fifth, even if I want to start going back to do all those age forgery stuff and the rest, like I said, a jobless/applicant like me can't boast of 70k (or even more) to start running all those stuff but she's hell bent I serve. Is NYSC really such a big deal?

Your fiancée is dumb
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by DigitB: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
You don't have a job and you're thinking about marriage.

You shouldn't be dating sef.

Oboy leave women and hustle for your life.

Since you're above 30, go and get exemption certificate. You may need it in the future.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Lovelyperson(m): 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2021
Theboy21:
Dump her and move on, please yourself first, next time chase a smart girl not a dumbo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Best advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by OwenJesse27(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hahahahaaaa..

I didn't just work as a Secretary. I was a PA to the former DG of Bacita sugar company.. where were you then? Prolly not born.

I was a cooperate secretary to the former Chairman Board of Directors GTB Awolowo Road. 2008
Let me not mention his name. Where were you then?
And the list goes on

Now, run along.
Aunty do give away for me Na Biko embarassed
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Lovelyperson(m): 7:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
She and her so called uncle are ignorant.

If that is the case, what about those who did part-time studies? They are not graduates? Very warped mentality she got upstairs.

To your question. Its a lie. Companies don't reject or turn down applications because one did not serve. At least I've worked in the admin severally ( during my secretarial days) and I've had the opportunity to work with those who shortlist candidates for jobs and that was hardly a criteria.
The main criteria they look out for is your working experience. Otherwise automatic selection once you're a graduate.

She's looking for excuses to dump you. If not which one is all this balderdash. Na she send you go school??
Blessing follow you.

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lovelyperson:

Blessing follow you.

Amen.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by VlamesIffect(f): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
AutoChick4U:
You can't boast of 70k and u get fiancée? Wow

Many wey get millions never even get genuine loyalty and love from a female to fiancée. You try

Bro i tire.

Man at 30 years wey no fit boast of 70k for account wan go marry.

Later if the babe dump am he go come here dey lament.

Of all the things for the babe to bother about na NYSC be her problem.

Make the guy no put head for ground hustle for him life
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Newboss:

You can't even compare Nairaland with Twitter. Nairaland, in one day you can get 1000 views. On Twitter, if you can get 1000 view a day, you must be an influencer. Those are two very different platforms. Nairaland is way ahead of Twitter in terms of community.

So you are looking for sweet replies abi? Dey there make pant dey wear you. Real life no get sweet replies o. You even lucky say you get people for Nairaland wey get time to lash you when you loose guard. The replies on this thread are very reasonable and real.

This person is not an influencer and he has 200 followers on twitter. Compare the engagement they have in their normal tweets and see the difference with the other one that has mad engagements

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by ImaIma1(f): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Why do I feel like your not going ahead with NYSC will to bite you later.

If you have good reasons, it's ok. But saying you are not freaked about NYSC is not a reason. Who is freaked about NYSC?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by MajorGeneralLaw(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
TheGidRedpiller pls come and save a soul
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by daneni1(m): 8:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:
She and her so called uncle are ignorant.

If that is the case, what about those who did part-time studies? They are not graduates? Very warped mentality she got upstairs.

To your question. Its a lie. Companies don't reject or turn down applications because one did not serve. At least I've worked in the admin severally ( during my secretarial days) and I've had the opportunity to work with those who shortlist candidates for jobs and that was hardly a criteria.
The main criteria they look out for is your working experience. Otherwise automatic selection once you're a graduate.

She's looking for excuses to dump you. If not which one is all this balderdash. Na she send you go school??

Chief, I beg to disagree on this one. Me for example, I can count up to like 6 times I was rejected because I had not gone to serve. Last year wasn't funny at all even on Monday, I had an interview and the recruiter categorically asked if I have served and I told her I will be done by October, Madam just asked me to give her a call when I am done. Shey you see, most multinationals always state "must have completed Nysc" as a requirement.

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lagbaja88:
[b]You are playing with poverty yo[/b]u better go for the nusc if you graduate before 30. To be a well grounded consultant you need to work for people first or come from a connected family. I pity you mr technocrat.

What brand of an e-diot are you?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by SonofGod231: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

Why do I feel like your not going ahead with NYSC will to bite you later.

If you have good reasons, it's ok. But saying you are not freaked about NYSC is not a reason. Who is freaked about NYSC?
Aunty try read at least. People from 30yrs and above are exempted from the service without any disenfranchisement whatever.
Na only mumu people wey dey above 30yrs dey forge age just to go to camp and snap with khaki.

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
daneni1:

Chief, I beg to disagree on this one. Me for example, I can count up to like 6 times I was rejected because I had not gone to serve. Last year wasn't funny at all even on Monday, I had an interview and the recruiter categorically asked if I have served and I told her I will be done by October, Madam just asked me to give her a call when I am done. Shey you see, most multinationals always state "must have completed Nysc" as a requirement.

Your case is different because you told them you're awaiting a call up letter and no sane company would want to waste their time employing someone that will soon leave the job and go for service which was clear from the womans response.

Not the same. Op, doesn't want to go for service, is not eligible to go for service, cannot can.

2 Likes

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by hosemujica: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Your girl is a BIMBO.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

When you are far away serving

She will be banging another dickkk

Insist she should support you with money to work it out so that you will serve in same state where you guys reside
HahhahahhahHha damn nigga grin grin
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
sojayy:
My one cent !!! U better live ur life to d fullest, don't let vagina people confuse ur destiny shocked shocked
Lol
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by crafteck(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
No b ur woman be that, better go and make money, if you have like 2 buildings and cars, would anybody tell u such

AreaGovo:

1 Like

Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by fof1: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

NOT NECESSARY IF U ARE ABOVE D AGE REQUIRED, PLS. THE NYSC WILL FORMALLY GIVE YOU EXEMTION LETTER ON GROUNDS OF AGE AND THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ANY GOVERNMENT APPOINTMENT OR EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES,PLS. SHE NEEDS TO BE INFORMED PROPERLY. PURSUE UR DREAM. MY BROTHER.
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by olamoses75(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
nrexzy:
A lot of insults from peeps above.... He simply asked for your opinion not for u guys to insult his girl... Can even see a myopic female insulting her...

Fact if ur above 30, automatically u would be exempted..

2ndly she and her uncle are right.... Without NYSc appointments into government position is difficult...
E. G the case of former minister of finance(Kemi)..

In conclusion,
So she has ur best interest @ heart... Better u just do it than to be found wanting....
Even PMB had a waec issues though his classmates came openly and the exam board yet people still have issues with that, now imagine an ordinary citizen.

In my own opinion if ur above 30 then u can live ur life and follow ur woman.
how do someone go about that? Going to service as overage graduate?
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Truvelisback(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
CamusMidas:

Allow him to have his pride in peace, why you threatened by his pride? Shey him don beg before?
Why fly no go support shit? grin
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by emmyN(m): 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

Change fiancee
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by Ferrous(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
nrexzy:
A lot of insults from peeps above.... He simply asked for your opinion not for u guys to insult his girl... Can even see a myopic female insulting her...

Fact if ur above 30, automatically u would be exempted..

2ndly she and her uncle are right.... Without NYSc appointments into government position is difficult...
E. G the case of former minister of finance(Kemi)..

In conclusion,
So she has ur best interest @ heart... Better u just do it than to be found wanting....
Even PMB had a waec issues though his classmates came openly and the exam board yet people still have issues with that, now imagine an ordinary citizen.

In my own opinion if ur above 30 then u can live ur life and follow ur woman.

The problem Mrs. Adeosun had was that she forged it. It's better not to go at all than to forge it, because, many people serving at various government establishments didn't even have a university degree not to talk of NYSC discharge certificate. So, NYSC has no contribution to someone's planned future
Re: She Says She Won't Marry Me If I Don't Go For NYSC. See Reasons. by InvertedHammer: 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
AreaGovo:

/
A lady is giving you conditions for your life and you are listening.

Were you raised by a single mother? Something manly is missing in your life.

Your fiancée can dump you anytime even if you go for NYSC twice.

Be a man! If you do it because she made you, she will have less respect for you as a man.

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Most Ladies Fall For Bad Guys? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy / Lady Sacrificed UK Scholarship For Man Who Later Left Her For Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.