Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! (16083 Views)

Another Pastor Rides Church Members Like Horses, Even Made Them Eat Soap / Another Pastor Caught Sleeping With A Church Member To Solve Pregnancy Problem / Another Pastor And Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by bossinie: 11:05am On May 21, 2011
dare2think:

How do you know this person's life is in abject poverty? Just because they disagree with your views??

How come your "Papa" is richer than most in his congregation?,  Is everyone in your church wealthy??

I suggest you 'truly' dare not only to think as you try to do but equally seek understanding my young man,because the thinking exercise without understanding is completely futile.Now how deep was your thought to expect everyone in a church to be wealthy shocked For your info. most people in my church may not be wealthy but they are well-to-do and others have potentials to make basic ends meet, if you doubt me pay a visit to my church on any service day and take a personal evaluation.
And if my pastor is richer than most in his congregation is that not enough to tell you he has what it takes to transfer same virtue upon his congregation.Or can you give what you don't have Lastly,when you experience true wealth,i mean 'the really good-life' you will have less time taking panadol on another man's wealth because you will either be in one business meeting,taking inventory of your consignments or seeking new investments opportunities. grin
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 11:11am On May 21, 2011
judiscokis:

u people should watch what u say against a man of God, if u are not a believer,then read your bible and see what DUE 8:18 says. moreover whom God has blessed is blessed forever,papa is blessed, the blessing of the lord maketh rich and add no sorrow,he is simpling trading on the word of God.
so i urge u guys to keep quite not to incure the wrath of God. and pray forgive and work hard not labouring but ask for God favour by serving God wholeheartedly and by paying your tithe and see if God will not open the window of heaven and pour out blesssing which u will not have room enough to contain it.
How hopeless can one get? LMAO
How can you tell someone who isn't a believer to read his bible? You guys are really unbelievable,

8 PAGES INTO THIS THREAD AND STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE BASIC QUESTIONS. JUST USING VERSES TO COVER FOR THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE,
SLAVES THAT LOVE THEIR CHAINS, REALLY SAD STORY,  IF GOD 'S GOING TO PUNISH ME FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH, WELL WHAT CAN I SAY?

HOW CAN ONE POSSIBLY DEFEND 4 JETS BY SAYING 'IT'S PROSPERITY, GOD BLESSED HIM, WHY YOU DEY CALCULATE ANOTHER MAN MONEY'

IN THE SAME VEIN, LET'S TURN A BLIND EYE TO THE POLITICIANS STEALING MONEY WITHDRAWING CASH ACROSS THE FEDERATION, THE CROOKS PEDDLING DRUGS ABROAD AND BUILDING MANSIONS AT HOME,

AFTER ALL THE POLITICIANS ALSO PROMISE BETTER LIFE ( PREACH), TAKE TAXPAYERS MONEY (TITHE) AND BUY UP PROPERTIES (GOD'S BLESSINGS)
THE DRUGPUSHERS OFFER 'GOOD TIME' (PREACH), TAKE YOUR MONEY (OFFERING) AND BUILD HOUSES WHILE YOU REMAIN ADDICTED (GOD'S BLESSINGS)

TRUST ME, IF YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN DRUGS, IT'S A MYSTERY HOW ONE CAN BE ADDICTED TO IT. IF YOU'VE NEVER BEEN A POLITICIAN, IT'S MYSTERIOUS HOW ACCOUNTS CAN BE DEPLETED,

NONSENSE
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Sunofgod(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2011
'Thread Of The Month'

(Keep 'Bashing' them - they deserve it)
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by violent(m): 11:21am On May 21, 2011
8 PAGES INTO THIS THREAD AND STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE BASIC QUESTIONS. JUST USING VERSES TO COVER FOR THEIR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE,
SLAVES THAT LOVE THEIR CHAINS, REALLY SAD STORY, IF GOD 'S GOING TO PUNISH ME FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH, WELL WHAT CAN I SAY?

HOW CAN ONE POSSIBLE DEFEND 4 JETS BY SAYING 'IT'S PROSPERITY, GOD BLESSED HIM, WHY YOU DEY CALCULATE ANOTHER MAN MONEY'

IN THE SAME VEIN, LET'S TURN A BLIND EYE TO THE POLITICIAN'S STEALING MONEY ACROSS THE FEDERATION, THE CROOKS PEDDLING DRUGS ABROAD AND BUILDING MANSIONS AT HOME,

MINT!!!!!!!!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by bossinie: 12:28pm On May 21, 2011
musKeeto:

How hopeless can one get? LMAO
How can you tell someone who isn't a believer to read his bible? You guys are really unbelievable,

SLAVES THAT LOVE THEIR CHAINS, REALLY SAD STORY,  IF GOD 'S GOING TO PUNISH ME FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH, WELL WHAT CAN I SAY?

HOW CAN ONE POSSIBLE DEFEND 4 JETS BY SAYING 'IT'S PROSPERITY, GOD BLESSED HIM, WHY YOU DEY CALCULATE ANOTHER MAN MONEY'

IN THE SAME VEIN, LET'S TURN A BLIND EYE TO THE POLITICIAN'S STEALING MONEY ACROSS THE FEDERATION, THE CROOKS PEDDLING DRUGS ABROAD AND BUILDING MANSIONS AT HOME,

NONSENSE
Frankly,i did not want to comment on your posts but after carefully analyzing your mindset it became pertinent for me to prescribe some effective psychological mind-boosters for you.First my analysis shows (1)You lack self-confidence as a person to pursue great goals in life. (2) You have come to accept your present condition as the will of God for your life. (3)Your choice if name(musKeeto) tells me that your thoughts a narrow,vindictively parasitic,deliberately low in substance because you are afraid to brace the odds so as not to fail. (4)You hate what ever you cannot enjoy seeing every well doing person as your enemy
and concluding you cannot learn from them because your mind tells you they are not doing it the way you expect.
Now in this same church you are mentioning there are a lot of very wealthy men and women who used to be under the chains of poverty like your humble self until they came in contact with this revered man of God(i do not need a 'soothsayer' to tell me what you are going through because i have analyzed your present situation via your thought process above.(If you differ i 'DARE' you to post your true picture on your profile with your address within 24hrs. and i will do same with our facebook pages).
It is common place for genuine success to be castigated but focusing on the assets acquisition of a pastor and deliberately denounce the impact this same person have had in the same country and worldwide is highly hypocritical to say the least.For your info. the list is far beyond what you have mentioned,you forgot 2 Universities and counting,the foundation of the 3rd in Abuja is about to be laid,another will be laid simultaneously with that of Abuja in East Africa by the plea of one of the African Presidents to this wonderful man of God,over 10,000 housing units to be built in Ota-Ogun State,Academic scholarships running into millions of dollars for indigent students,.over 60 secondary schools in Nigeria and other multi-billion naira projects in Nigeria and across Africa too numerous to count.I am sooooooooooooo PROUD to belong to a commission that is having global impact and it is reflecting upon the lives of true members not the 'kalo-kalo' type.
To buttress the above if anyone one of you is having any academic financial challenge particularly school fees plus accommodation please get in touch with me on 08098197561 so that by the grace of God i can assist you,but it must be a genuine case.Also be aware that for now this charity is limited to only 'One' university undergraduate and secondary school students.
My advise to all is rather than accuse and castigate a person blindly please seek a personal evaluation such a person or character to be better informed.Note also that a pastor is evidently richer than the rest does not make him less righteous than the rest who are not,that is another modern day ignorance that we have allowed to fester in our psyche. smiley
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by CRonaldo2: 12:47pm On May 21, 2011
THE MYSTERY OF KINGDOM PROSPERITY!!!! I'm not surprised. Mark my word, you haven't seen anything yet because God is pleased with his servants. The church is matching on and no gate of hell including nairalander can stand against it.

God is committed to the prosperity agenda of his people as long as they remain in the convenant. Eyes have not seen, ears have not heard neither has it entered into the heart of any man, what the lord has for them that love him,
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 21, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ round of applause

Frankly,i did not want to comment on your posts but after carefully [b][b]analyzing[/b][/b] your mindset it became pertinent for me to prescribe some effective psychological mind-boosters for you.

First my analysis shows (1)You lack self-confidence as a person to pursue great goals in life. (2) You have come to accept your present condition as the will of God for your life. (3)Your choice if name(musKeeto) tells me that your thoughts a narrow,vindictively parasitic,deliberately low in substance because you are afraid to brace the odds so as not to fail.

Hmm, Mr. Psychologist, hope you didn't get your degree in a MIRACULOUS WAY

(4)You hate what ever you cannot enjoy seeing every well doing person as your enemy and concluding you cannot learn from them because your mind tells you they are not doing it the way you expect.

Being unable to defend the '4 JET BLESSINGS', you now seem to be going for character assasination. Just like the way you'll be binding the devil tomorrow during service

Now in this same church you are mentioning there are a lot of very wealthy men and women who used to be under the chains of poverty like your humble self until they came in contact with this revered man of God(i do not need a 'soothsayer' to tell me what you are going through because i have analyzed your present situation via your thought process above.
Trust me, you probably need a SOOTHSAYER, or maybe the MAN OF GOD can tell you better

(If you differ i 'DARE' you to post your true picture on your profile with your address within 24hrs. and i will do same with our facebook pages).
Mr. Trump, I ain't Obama. I can't do that, sorry,

It is common place for genuine success to be castigated but focusing on the assets acquisition of a pastor and deliberately denounce the impact this same person have had in the same country and worldwide is highly hypocritical to say the least.For your info. the list is far beyond what you have mentioned,[b]you forgot 2 Universities and counting,the foundation of the 3rd in Abuja is about to be laid,another will be laid simultaneously with that of Abuja in East Africa [/b]by the plea of one of the African Presidents to this wonderful man of God,

How many of the 'oppressed' are able to pay his school fees? Must everyone become rich to afford education?

over 10,000 housing units to be built in Ota-Ogun State,Academic scholarships running into millions of dollars for indigent students,.over 60 secondary schools in Nigeria and other multi-billion naira projects in Nigeria and across Africa too numerous to count.I am sooooooooooooo PROUD to belong to a commission that is having global impact and it is reflecting upon the lives of true members not the 'kalo-kalo' type.

The usual 'WINNERS' member ideology. OYEDEPO'S way is the only way to success. What do you mean by 'kalo-kalo' type? So churches that practice moderation but impact the minds of their neighbourhood are kalo-kalo?

To buttress the above if anyone one of you is having any academic financial challenge particularly school fees plus accommodation please get in touch with me on 08098197561 so that by the grace of God i can assist you,but it must be a genuine case.Also be aware that for now this charity is limited to only 'One' university undergraduate and secondary school students.

Please, anyone who is need of this should call the above number. The man get heart at least. I no fit carry argument rich this side  grin

[s]My advise to all is rather than accuse and castigate a person blindly please seek a personal evaluation such a person or character to be better informed.Note also that a pastor is evidently richer than the rest does not make him less righteous than the rest who are not,that is another modern day ignorance that we have allowed to fester in our psyche.
[/s]
I no understand this one, please rephrase
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by kcc515(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2011
@ Wesley80: Thanks a lot for educating these HATERS OF CHRIST AND ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CHURCH.
they just open their mouth and vomit Folly, running their mouth on things they are clueless about. some of them dont go to church and do not read the bible, so they think tithe and offering is the pastor's creation. and who said a pastor must be poor? if u understand the gospel, u will know that wealth is part of it. the bible says Jesus was made poor so we might be rich, that of course does not mean we should make wealth acquisition our goal, but it is clear that God wants Christians to be rich so that they can be comfortable and sponsor the gospel

@Violent: sponsoring the gospel is expensive, u dont know anything about this obviously, your ignorance is obvious. travelling, flying around the world to preach on a daily basis is expensive financially and bodily, it can be tiring for the body, a private jet can come in handy. Mr Violent: Stop hating, u cant stop what God is doing. Agree or go to he*l.

@all Losers and Haters of God out here: Stop hating!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by bossinie: 3:09pm On May 21, 2011
musKeeto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ round of applause

Frankly,i did not want to comment on your posts but after carefully [b][b]analyzing[/b][/b] your mindset it became pertinent for me to prescribe some effective psychological mind-boosters for you.

First my analysis shows (1)You lack self-confidence as a person to pursue great goals in life. (2) You have come to accept your present condition as the will of God for your life. (3)Your choice if name(musKeeto) tells me that your thoughts a narrow,vindictively parasitic,deliberately low in substance because you are afraid to brace the odds so as not to fail.

Hmm, Mr. Psychologist, hope you didn't get your degree in a MIRACULOUS WAY

(4)You hate what ever you cannot enjoy seeing every well doing person as your enemy and concluding you cannot learn from them because your mind tells you they are not doing it the way you expect.

Being unable to defend the '4 JET BLESSINGS', you now seem to be going for character assasination. Just like the way you'll be binding the devil tomorrow during service

Now in this same church you are mentioning there are a lot of very wealthy men and women who used to be under the chains of poverty like your humble self until they came in contact with this revered man of God(i do not need a 'soothsayer' to tell me what you are going through because i have analyzed your present situation via your thought process above.
Trust me, you probably need a SOOTHSAYER, or maybe the MAN OF GOD can tell you better

(If you differ i 'DARE' you to post your true picture on your profile with your address within 24hrs. and i will do same with our facebook pages).
Mr. Trump, I ain't Obama. I can't do that, sorry, 

It is common place for genuine success to be castigated but focusing on the assets acquisition of a pastor and deliberately denounce the impact this same person have had in the same country and worldwide is highly hypocritical to say the least.For your info. the list is far beyond what you have mentioned,[b]you forgot 2 Universities and counting,the foundation of the 3rd in Abuja is about to be laid,another will be laid simultaneously with that of Abuja in East Africa [/b]by the plea of one of the African Presidents to this wonderful man of God,

How many of the 'oppressed' are able to pay his school fees? Must everyone become rich to afford education?

over 10,000 housing units to be built in Ota-Ogun State,Academic scholarships running into millions of dollars for indigent students,.over 60 secondary schools in Nigeria and other multi-billion naira projects in Nigeria and across Africa too numerous to count.I am sooooooooooooo PROUD to belong to a commission that is having global impact and it is reflecting upon the lives of true members not the 'kalo-kalo' type.

The usual 'WINNERS' member ideology. OYEDEPO'S way is the only way to success. What do you mean by 'kalo-kalo' type? So churches that practice moderation but impact the minds of their neighbourhood are kalo-kalo?

Please, anyone who is need of this should call the above number. The man get heart at least. I no fit carry argument rich this side  grin

[s]My advise to all is rather than accuse and castigate a person blindly please seek a personal evaluation such a person or character to be better informed.Note also that a pastor is evidently richer than the rest does not make him less righteous than the rest who are not,that is another modern day ignorance that we have allowed to fester in our psyche.
[/s]
I no understand this one, please rephrase

MusKeeto from your above reaction you have "confirmed" my analysis of your kind of person.A guy who has no heart for reasonable & productive challenges.Quick to castigate hiding under the covers of NL,why is it that you are so ashamed of who you truly are to accept the challenge of posting your true physical image on your profile,i mean are you not proud of your looks?Well don't be because there is hope for you.
I never attempted,let alone assassinate your character because you don't have any.I only told you my impression of your kind of person by my candid analysis which you have confirmed.If you are the only devil i need to bind in my church then i can go to sleep knowing only a 'snore' can subdue & discharge you fast.
It is fool-hardy for anyone to consider Education to be completely free,reason at the point where it is free to you is the point where another individual,Govt.,or Organisation picks up the bills,my broda don't you know knowledge is costly if you differ try ignorance.What you should be saying is what standard of Education should be free?And all agree that the minimum of a basic Education perhaps should be affordable not FREE my friend(i know you are used to free stuff but that is the gateway to abject poverty).You and i both know that no-one values anything that is absolutely free.Covenant University may not be free but it is affordable get the difference cheesy
Why is 4-Jets your problem i mentioned in one of my posts the relevance of those Jets as they do not serve him alone but other men of God within and outside Nigeria at no cost,helping them to propagate and spread the gospel better.Be frank with yourself i know you have not entered an aircraft before and i am ready to give you that experience but within the country(a free return ticket to any part of Nigeria).How about that so that you see that there is no 'big-deal' with it,just another means of comfortable transport grin Oh! it should have been owned by one of your political god-fathers,business mogul and not a man of God
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Kobojunkie: 3:30pm On May 21, 2011
mcgboye:

I attend one of the "orthodox" churches, and the statement of receipts is published every week in the sunday bulletins given to every member. There are auditors (who are not nessarily financial accountants) who monitor the accounts. Annually, there is a "Vestry" meeting where members meet and deliberate on the statement of accounts. My late dad used to take special interest in how the monies were kept and spent. And there are branches all over Nigeria, especially the villages. Gospel is not preached by taking jets to these locations, since they all have resident pastors who take care of affairs. Maybe it'll be wrong for me to criticise another pastor of another church which members are happy with, but then I guess our wealthy politicians too have private businesses, so I have no locus standi to criticise them too.

Maybe your church should take it as a mission to cleanse Nigerians churches of the spirit of TOO MUCH. I mean it is a thing of ridicule when your Christianity in Nigeria is NOT SEEN as something worth emulating but fascinating phenomena in the business world(not for the beliefs oo, but the amount of wealth to be plucked).
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by kcc515(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2011
@Violent: u r a loser, failure, pathetic coward and u want others to be like that…sorry? U are also daft. If u need help in ur satanic quest, here is a list of other people u can castigate: Kenneth Copeland, Crefflo Dollar e.t.c
U like dirty poor pastors that are not adding anything to God’s kingdom, but when u see the powerful ones who make things happen, the ‘hell’ in u is disturbed… keep hating…keep crying…u don’t matter…u r a nobody…the church is marching on!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On May 21, 2011
eewule:

I think one of the descent but large churches in Nigeria (that i respect) is the Deeper life ministry. A wealthy businessman from my village in Rivers in 2009 donated 5million to help build the local church but i was surprised to hear that the church leaders declined the money. When i enquired about how they are building the new church then?  , I was told by a member that they are relying on, and using church members who are  laymen - bricklayers and building contractors - who actually come to site everyday, working together to build the new church.   and today the 500 seater church is completed for the community in ikwerre land  , under normal circumstances in Nigeria a pastor would have completed his personal 4 bedrrom pad with that money

I used to attend Deeper life, and it is not that the church does not accept donations but they do so ANONYMOUSLY. Those who go in LOUD AND FEELING THEY SHOULD BE 'GLORIFIED' in some way for making a donation, usually get turned down. If you said a Business man tried to donate 5 million, it would likely be rejected on the grounds that

a) The gift was coming from someone who probably made his gift a public one (announced it)

b) the gift was coming from one who probably thought that since his gift was a huge sum, simply dropping it in the offering box like all the other gifts was beneath him

We stressed the need for people to give in secret, not announce themselves and what they had to give.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 21, 2011
So trying to force me to reveal myself? Don't bother, just keep taunting and avoiding the questions @violent has put forward.

bossinie:

MusKeeto from your above reaction you have "confirmed" my analysis of your kind of person.A guy who has no heart for reasonable & productive challenges.Quick to castigate hiding under the covers of NL,why is it that you are so ashamed of who you truly are to accept the challenge of posting your true physical image on your profile,i mean are you not proud of your looks?Well don't be because there is hope for you.
I never attempted,let alone assassinate your character because you don't have any.I only told you my impression of your kind of person by my candid analysis which you have confirmed.If you are the only devil i need to bind in my church then i can go to sleep knowing only a 'snore' can subdue & discharge you fast.
It is fool-hardy for anyone to consider Education to be completely free,reason at the point where it is free to you is the point where another individual,Govt.,or Organisation picks up the bills,my broda don't you know knowledge is costly if you differ try ignorance.What you should be saying is what standard of Education should be free?And all agree that the minimum of a basic Education perhaps should be affordable not FREE my friend(i know you are used to free stuff but that is the gateway to abject poverty).You and i both know that no-one values anything that is absolutely free.Covenant University may not be free but it is affordable get the difference cheesy
Why is 4-Jets your problem i mentioned in one of my posts the relevance of those Jets as they do not serve him alone but other men of God within and outside Nigeria at no cost,helping them to propagate and spread the gospel better.Be frank with yourself i know you have not entered an aircraft before and i am ready to give you that experience but within the country(a free return ticket to any part of Nigeria).How about that so that you see that there is no 'big-deal' with it,just another means of comfortable transport grin Oh! it should have been owned by one of your political god-fathers,business mogul and not a man of God

Your ability to twist facts and align truth to your misaligned thoughts is unquestionably brilliant.
I said 'How many of the 'oppressed' are able to pay his school fees? Must everyone become rich to afford education?'. I never said that education should be free. I only said why should someone earning 75k a month, give special offerings upon hearing his church is opening a university hoping that his kids would be given good education at a reduced cost, only to find out the fees are exorbitant?

C.U is not free but it is affordable? Hahahhahha, what is not affordable? Anything that has a price is affordable. You're just like your pastor. This should win COMMENT OF THE YEAR.

AFFORDABLE : Inexpensive; reasonably priced

First you hand out free scholarship, then plane tickets. It seems you're part and parcel of this MEANistry,  MAY GOD BLESS YOUR KIND
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by KnowAll(m): 3:36pm On May 21, 2011
[b]My personal Pastor is a bosom friend who I went to Uni with so many moons ago. He is not a wealthy man by any standard, has not worked for 20 years after leaving school but the Good Lord takes care of him. He does not have to be Adeboye or Oyedepo b4 I believe in the tenets of the " principles of heaven".

Once I have seen this gentleman give the last $100 dollar note on himself to a poor illiterate Yoruba woman when the spirit of the lord in him spoke to his spirit-man to give out the money, I must not forget to mention he had just being blessed by someone less than 1/2 hour ago and considering that was his last " Claro" or " Dime" but  he gave it out to this lady without hesitation or the slightest hint of disobeying.

She told the lady afterwards that this money is worth N15,000.00 Nigeria money and that the lady should handle the money with care. The moral of the story is there is seed time and harvest time, the day when we put seed on the ground and it would not grow,  would be the day I shall not honour the lord again but as long as seed continue to grow so also would tithes, offering and blessings.
[/b]
But what happens within two weeks of given such a difficult gift by this gentleman, he was blessed with a tear rubber Toyota Land Cruiser 2010 model by a very wealthy man, the man even told him, he wants him to use his courtyard as a church service if my friend does not mind and that was what he does now but I think he is a blessed man despite the fact he has not got a church he can call his own.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 21, 2011
Ummm, Mr. KnowAll, do you know what we're talking about?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 21, 2011
bossinie:

Lol at no cost. When you buy a car, does it make it easier for you to see MAMA at no cost? Don't you fuel it and do regular maintenance? If you have a driver, don't you pay his salary? How much more a private jet? SEE PERSON WEY 1 BUY ME TICKET,

[s]Since we are giving summaries, let me tell you what I think of you.
1. You're a respected member of WINNERS. If you miss service tomorrow, your church members will be worried.
2. You're married and tired of it. Your status in your church won't let you divorce.
3. You have two kids, expecting a third one. Hopefully, they would have more sense than you, else your generation is doomed,
[/s]

If you wan chop sand, make sure say your appendix get filter,
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by obongtunji: 4:34pm On May 21, 2011
Poster i dont know why u are askin dis question. People just becareful of wat u say abt Bishop Oyedepo.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by hercules07: 5:48pm On May 21, 2011
Nigerian Christians are funny, they give because of what they expect in return, why cant people give because they just want to give not because of what was promised in the bible. Nigerian Christian leaders are in it for their pockets, they have failed in their primary responsibilities. I do not blame them sha, it is the mugus that drop pay that should be blamed.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by bossinie: 6:54pm On May 21, 2011
musKeeto:

Lol at no cost. When you buy a car, does it make it easier for you to see MAMA at no cost? Don't you fuel it and do regular maintenance? If you have a driver, don't you pay his salary? How much more a private jet? SEE PERSON WEY 1 BUY ME TICKET,

[s]Since we are giving summaries, let me tell you what I think of you.
1. You're a respected member of WINNERS. If you miss service tomorrow, your church members will be worried.
2. You're married and tired of it. Your status in your church won't let you divorce.
3. You have two kids, expecting a third one. Hopefully, they would have more sense than you, else your generation is doomed,
[/s]

If you wan chop sand, make sure say your appendix get filter,
Boy why are you not proud of who you are All of a sudden you want to start doing analysis like me but sadly that gift is not transferable and not a knowledge someone like you can acquire since it is not FREE like every other thing you have and wish to have.Now it is no-LONGER about the cost of acquisition of the 4-Jets you have shifted to it's maintenance Like i inferred earlier you are very Unstable in character(smoking marijuana like you gladly admit to) little wonder you are disconnected from reality always.
Now get this right angry my offer to you still stands if you will not be ashamed to collect it in public i have included my tel. no. so you can call me in private(I promise no-one will hear of it) Point i am trying to make is that there is no big issue in owning 4-Jets if it is fully utilized for a far more beneficial purpose than pleasure trips.
For the rest of your DELUDED summary i can say that if you were a pastor you will most definitely be a NOTORIOUS-one deceiving and mis-leading your congregation with your false prophecies all in the bid to defraud them like you are accusing every other pastor.
Finally,having CONFIRMED your seeming mental 'instability' there is no need to respond to you anymore,Good-luck to your mind grin
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by texazzpete(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2011
Sad fact: In modern day Pentecostalism it is a common thing for the pastor to be more important than Jesus Christ.

If Jesus Christ could give several parables on Charity and none on tithing, if he could focus on love over offerings, why the hell are you people babbling here about tithes, offerings and sowing seeds? How can you say you expect some of your tithe money to be used for Charity? Where is the hands on, where is the direct love you're expected to show?
You people surprise me, i swear!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Elbow1(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2011
D best blind thought 's got to offer us is a blind arguement.
Tithe frm malachi is to be (1)-brought to d house of God,(2)-that there might be food in the house of God.
, Someone here should help me draw a cut from house of God,en pockets of His pastors.
I personally think that same house of God is open to u n I just like our pastors.
However let us judge not!
God is not STUPID!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by violent(m): 11:22pm On May 21, 2011
smh!
kcc515:

@Violent: u r a loser, failure, pathetic coward and u want others to be like that…sorry? U are also daft. If u need help in your satanic quest, here is a list of other people u can castigate: Kenneth Copeland, Crefflo Dollar e.t.c
U like dirty poor pastors that are not adding anything to God’s kingdom, but when u see the powerful ones who make things happen, the ‘hell’ in u is disturbed… keep hating…keep crying…u don’t matter…u r a nobody…the church is marching on!

I'm daft, a loser, a failure, a pathetic coward, simply because I wanted to know how "Papa" got his billions of naira? shocked shocked shocked

talk about shallow minded Nigerians, these are the kinds of people who would shine Papa's shoe in exchange for some "breakthrough". . .hallelujah!
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by stanede: 11:36pm On May 21, 2011
i wonder why people are so jealous of rich pastors.they complain about pastors asking members to donate finances for the furtherance of the work of d kingdom but no one complains of witch doctors and vudu men asking their clients for money and sacrifices.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by poweredcom(m): 1:39am On May 22, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal Pastor is a bosom friend who I went to Uni with so many moons ago. He is not a wealthy man by any standard, has not worked for 20 years after leaving school but the Good Lord takes care of him. He does not have to be Adeboye or Oyedepo b4 I believe in the tenets of the " principles of heaven".

Once I have seen this gentleman give the last $100 dollar note on himself to a poor illiterate Yoruba woman when the spirit of the lord in him spoke to his spirit-man to give out the money, I must not forget to mention he had just being blessed by someone less than 1/2 hour ago and considering that was his last " Claro" or " Dime" but he gave it out to this lady without hesitation or the slightest hint of disobeying.

She told the lady afterwards that this money is worth N15,000.00 Nigeria money and that the lady should handle the money with care. The moral of the story is there is seed time and harvest time, the day when we put seed on the ground and it would not grow, would be the day I shall not honour the lord again but as long as seed continue to grow so also would tithes, offering and blessings.

But what happens within two weeks of given such a difficult gift by this gentleman, he was blessed with a tear rubber Toyota Land Cruiser 2010 model by a very wealthy man, the man even told him, he wants him to use his courtyard as a church service if my friend does not mind and that was what he does now but I think he is a blessed man despite the fact he has not got a church he can call his own.

SO NA WHERE THE MOTOR MONEY COME FROM NOW NA U NO TELL US NA, I BEG NA LIE JARE NA FORMAT
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 10:31am On May 22, 2011
bossinie:

Finally,having CONFIRMED your seeming mental 'instability' there is no need to respond to you anymore,Good-luck to your mind grin

Finally, one monkey is gone, go back to your sorry life,
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Jarus(m): 11:54am On May 22, 2011
Thanks for continuing the discussion in religion section.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by slavia(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2011
i think most of us esp NaijaKing1 are missing the point. If people believe that paastors should not spend money they rip-off their congregation on mere frivolities of life, I SAY THEY HV A POINT. If others say that pastors provide a service & deserve their pay no matter hw outrageous, I SAY THEY ALSO HV A POINT.
Its funny though hw a pastor rips-off his congregation & builds a University 80 percent of them cant afford to send their children to.
I SAY we live in a country where like, Karl Max said, religion is the 'opium of the people' which has made them more gullible than 2yr olds, but who am i to judge.
I say anyone/org that makes that kind of money should remitt some to the govt thru tax. But speaking of tax & govt, wetin dem dey do wit d ones we don pay since?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 12:24pm On May 22, 2011
Oyedepo is so rich because he is a fraudster - why else does he misquote the bible to get money ?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2011
by the way Copeland and Creflo Dollar are frauds as well - look for their sermons on youtube. I can pst links if anyone doubts this.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 12:41pm On May 22, 2011
Why do members of Winners Chapel call this fraud 'daddy' ? What kind of father owns private jets when some members of his family cannot afford 3 square meals ?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 22, 2011
EarsWide:

by the way Copeland and Creflo Dollar are frauds as well - look for their sermons on youtube. I can pst links if anyone doubts this.
@EarsWide: Thanks for reminding me,

Before he died in 2003, the revered father of the Word-Faith movement corrected his spiritual sons for going to extremes with their message of prosperity. Charismatic Bible teacher Kenneth Hagin Sr. is considered the father of the so-called prosperity gospel.

The folksy, self-trained “Dad Hagin” started a grass-roots movement in Oklahoma that produced a Bible college and a crop of famous preachers including Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Savelle, Charles Capps, Jesse DuPlantis, Creflo Dollar and dozens of others—all of whom teach that Christians who give generously should expect financial rewards on this side of heaven.Hagin taught that God was not glorified by poverty and that preachers do not have to be poor. But before he died in 2003 and left his Rhema Bible Training Center in the hands of his son, Kenneth Hagin Jr., he summoned many of his colleagues to Tulsa to rebuke them for distorting his message.

He was not happy that some of his followers were manipulating the Bible to support what he viewed as greed and selfish indulgence. Those who were close to Hagin Sr. say he was passionate about correcting these abuses before he died. In fact, he wrote a brutally honest book to address his concerns. The Midas Touch was published in 2000, a year after the infamous Tulsa meeting.

“Kenneth Hagin Sr. was not happy that some of his followers were manipulating the Bible to support what he viewed as greed and selfish indulgence.”
Many Word-Faith ministers ignored the book. But in light of the recent controversy over prosperity doctrines, it might be a good idea to dust it off and read it again.Here are a few of the points Hagin made in The Midas Touch:
1. Financial prosperity is not a sign of God’s blessing. Hagin wrote: “If wealth alone were a sign of spirituality, then drug traffickers and crime bosses would be spiritual giants. Material wealth can be connected to the blessings of God or it can be totally disconnected from the blessings of God.”

2. People should never give in order to get. Hagin was critical of those who “try to make the offering plate some kind of heavenly vending machine.” He denounced those who link giving to getting, especially those who give cars to get new cars or who give suits to get new suits. He wrote: “There is no spiritual formula to sow a Ford and reap a Mercedes.”

3. It is not biblical to “name your seed” in an offering. Hagin was horrified by this practice, which was popularized in faith conferences during the 1980s. Faith preachers sometimes tell donors that when they give in an offering they should claim a specific benefit to get a blessing in return. Hagin rejected this idea and said that focusing on what you are going to receive “corrupts the very attitude of our giving nature.”

4. The “hundredfold return” is not a biblical concept. Hagin did the math and figured out that if this bizarre notion were true, “we would have Christians walking around with not billions or trillions of dollars, but quadrillions of dollars!” He rejected the popular teaching that a believer should claim a specific monetary payback rate.

5. Preachers who claim to have a “debt-breaking” anointing should not be trusted. Hagin was perplexed by ministers who promise “supernatural debt cancellation” to those who give in certain offerings. He wrote in The Midas Touch: “There is not one bit of Scripture I know about that validates such a practice. I’m afraid it is simply a scheme to raise money for the preacher, and ultimately it can turn out to be dangerous and destructive for all involved.” (Many evangelists who appear on Christian television today use this bogus claim. Usually they insist that the miraculous debt cancellation will occur only if a person “gives right now,” as if the anointing for this miracle suddenly evaporates after the prime time viewing hour. This manipulative claim is more akin to witchcraft than Christian belief.) Hagin condemned other hairbrained gimmicks designed to trick audiences into emptying their wallets. He was especially incensed when a preacher told his radio listeners that he would take their prayer requests to Jesus’ empty tomb in Jerusalem and pray over them there—if donors included a special love gift. “What that radio preacher really wanted was more people to send in offerings,” Hagin wrote.Thanks to the recent resurgence in bizarre donation schemes promoted by American charismatics, the prosperity gospel is back under the nation’s microscope. It’s time to revisit Hagin’s concerns and find a biblical balance.
Hagin told his followers: “Overemphasizing or adding to what the Bible actually teaches invariably does more harm than good.” If the man who pioneered the modern concept of biblical prosperity blew the whistle on his own movement, wouldn’t it make sense for us to listen to his admonition?

bossinie:

Boy why are you not proud of who you are All of a sudden you want to start doing analysis like me but sadly that gift is not transferable and not a knowledge someone like you can acquire since it is not FREE like every other thing you have and wish to have.Now it is no-LONGER about the cost of acquisition of the 4-Jets you have shifted to it's maintenance Like i inferred earlier you are very Unstable in character(smoking marijuana like you gladly admit to) little wonder you are disconnected from reality always.
Now get this right angry my offer to you still stands if you will not be ashamed to collect it in public i have included my tel. no. so you can call me in private(I promise no-one will hear of it) Point i am trying to make is that there is no big issue in owning 4-Jets if it is fully utilized for a far more beneficial purpose than pleasure trips.
For the rest of your DELUDED summary i can say that if you were a pastor you will most definitely be a NOTORIOUS-one deceiving and mis-leading your congregation with your false prophecies all in the bid to defraud them like you are accusing every other pastor.

SIR bosSINie, I HOPE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY YOU GET BACK TO THIS THREAD. YOU DO NOT NEED TO REPLY. JUST READ AND CORELLATE WITH THE SCRIPTURES.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2011
@muskeeto

Nice one!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Maintain Territory! - Becky Enenche Tells Women (Video) / Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja / "Holy Quran Converted Me To Christianity" Says Imam Sulaiman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.