Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! (16294 Views)

Another Pastor Rides Church Members Like Horses, Even Made Them Eat Soap / Another Pastor Caught Sleeping With A Church Member To Solve Pregnancy Problem / Another Pastor And Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 1:01pm On May 22, 2011
@bossinie

you said
Point i am trying to make is that there is no big issue in owning 4-Jets if it is fully utilized for a far more beneficial purpose than pleasure trips.

What is wrong with you ? How can 4 private jets be fully utilized ?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by adebio: 1:28pm On May 22, 2011
I dont see anytin bad in pst becomes a millionaire or u said billionaire,
they're just like any other human being, who is going about the business of God. Bible says we should firstly seek d kingdom of God & its righteousness and dat every other things (simply riches) wil be added unto u. Once they are doing d biz of God & they follow the rule, they're bound to reap d benefits. God is a conditional being, do dis I wil do dis in reply. Stop criticising psts, they are only going about God's biz, and He's blssing them.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by donnie(m): 2:45pm On May 22, 2011
musKeeto:

4. The “hundredfold return” is not a biblical concept. Hagin did the math and figured out that if this bizarre notion were true, “we would have Christians walking around with not billions or trillions of dollars, but quadrillions of dollars!”

I see you are comfortable quoting a prosperity preacher verbatim as long as it suits suits your purpose. Well, as much as I respect Rev Hagin and acknowledge the hand of God that was upon him mightily, making him a great servant and apostle of Jesus Christ to this generation, I will stick with what the word says, irrespective people's experiences.

Mark 4:20
    And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Mark 10:29-30
    And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Whose report will you believe. . . Jesus Christ or Kenneth Hagin?

The word persecutions (in bold above) should tell you that I am ready to face the venom of those who are without truth. . . It will amount to nothing. . . No b today, Oya. . .
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 22, 2011
donnie:

I see you are comfortable quoting a prosperity preacher verbatim as long as it suits suits your purpose. Well, as much as I respect Rev Hagin and acknowledge the hand of God that was upon him mightily, making him a great servant and apostle of Jesus Christ to this generation, I will stick with what the word says, irrespective people's experiences.

I hope you read this part: The folksy, self-trained “Dad Hagin” [b]started a grass-roots movement in Oklahoma that produced a Bible college and a crop of famous preachers including Kenneth Copeland, Jerry Savelle, Charles Capps, Jesse DuPlantis, Creflo Dollar and dozens of others—all of whom teach that Christians who give generously should expect financial rewards on this side of heaven.
Kenneth Hagin was the pioneer of 'prosperity' messages. If even he had an issue with what those who were after him had turned the message to, why shouldn't I quote him? Next one
[/b]

Mark 4:20
    And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

And just like your pastors, you're trying to turn a message about the sower to a prosperity message. Thankfully, Jesus gave the meaning of these parable,
Thankfully, the Bible is not in the sole preserve of these pastors.

Mark 4:13
13 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? 14 The farmer sows [b]THE WORD

The Word of God was what Jesus was referring to here. If you'd feel more comfortable believing he was saying trade in two tubers of yam for one barn, that's your business.
[/b]

Mark 10:29-30
    And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, [30] But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Hahhahaaa, this is too easy,   If I have one wife, but I leave her to follow Christ, guess what the literal approach says I have? That's right - 100 wives!!!
Or should we place an emphasis on the ones that signify wealth like LAND, JETS,

Whose report will you believe. . . Jesus Christ or Kenneth Hagin?

I believe in Jesus Christ, no one else not even K. Hagin. I like them and try to learn as much as possible from them, but I realise God has his own plans for me. Even PAUL wasn't running round in chariots through the land of the gentiles preaching the WORD.
Was he poor? No. But he understood the value of moderation, not milking the people who looked up to him.

The word persecutions (in bold above) should tell you that I am ready to face the venom of those who are without truth. . . It will amount to nothing. . . No b today, Oya. . .

Lmao @ persecutions. You're ready to take persecutions for your pastor's sake. Shows a lot about where your trust lies. In Oyedepo You believe,

Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 5:31pm On May 22, 2011
I haven't had time to read through all the contributions but i wish the answer the original question that triggered this thread. Oyedepo's source of PERSONAL income is solely through financial gifts from individuals, not tithes or offerings. Individuals all over the world who have been touched by his ministry pay money into his personal accounts and this run into multiplied millions per month. It may interest you to know that both church members and non church members (Muslims inclusive) send gifts to him. His travels (fleet of jets) and accommodation however are paid for by the ministry. He does not draw any salary from the church but rather pay his own tithe (in millions also) into the church purse. According to him, the annual turn over from his books alone is in excess of N300 million. However, all this money goes into the church coffers, not his.

I wish to address a sensitive issue at this point. Tithing is a very ancient institution (Beginning from Abraham). God gave tithes and offerings to levitical priests in scriptures (Numbers 18:24, 26, 28). This is the equivalent of full time pastors today. The purpose of this tithe is to run God's business on earth and to feed the pastors themselves. To question this ordinance is to question God Himself. In years past, pastors do not usually have excess money to burn but we all agree that they have always lived off tithes and offerings. However in recent times, pastors are now having so much money from tithes and offerings. No one can tell you how to spend your own money. Likewise, this money we are all blabbering about has been given to them by God. It belongs to them and they are accountable only to God and in some instances, the authorities of the countries where they are registered.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by dademonie(f): 5:42pm On May 22, 2011
Bishop David Oyedepo did not become rich in just a day,  remember seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things (private jets, houses, etc) shall be added unto thee. Pls note that he doesn't force the congregration to give offerings or tithe they give it willingly. Moreover, giving to the poor doesn't make the poor rich or perhaps comfortable because most poor people are lazy they prefer sitting down on the street begging than doing something profitable to themselves and the society(give a poor man bread today he will come back tommorow for another).
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 22, 2011
EarsWide:

Oyedepo is so rich because he is a fraudster - why else does he misquote the bible to get money ?
I bind ur bad belle in da name of jesus!
all enemies of progress die! die!! die!!! cheesy
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by stkris(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2011
dademonie:

Bishop David Oyedepo did not become rich in just a day,  remember seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things (private jets, houses, etc) shall be added unto thee. Pls note that he doesn't force the congregration to give offerings or tithe they give it willingly. Moreover, giving to the poor doesn't make the poor rich or perhaps comfortable because most poor people are lazy they prefer sitting down on the street begging than doing something profitable to themselves and the society(give a poor man bread today he will come back tommorow for another).

And ur point being what??
if u ask me, i'd rather give the poor and have him come back than further enrich an already obscenely wealthy individual.

Nigerians have taken it upon themselves to be the most gullible people ever. There is no explaining why a pastor needs 4 private jets, when more than half his congregation came to church on a commercial motorcycle only to be persuaded out of their last dime.

To those saying these things are given willingly, i say; not at all. for a pastor whose primary focus is prosperity and not salvation or love, i don't think it will be too difficult to convince an already gullible crowd that if they don't give up all they have to GOD (in other words 'man of god') they will never prosper.

Religion in my opinion should be practiced at fundamental levels and not all the craziness thats been added to it.

using Nigeria as a case study, it is clearly evident that over-religiousness does not help. Otherwise, kindly explain how Nigeria is one of the most religious nations in the world, and on the other hand, one of the most corrupt in the world. Not even political corruption, but corruption at the most basic individual levels, to the point where it is a way of life.

And can someone also explain to me why people have to pay large sums of money to see these "men of god" for personal prayers. if they are truly out to do the work of GOD, they would not be outright trading whatever they have to offer for cold hard cash. So in other words, if u are poor and need prayers, the big "man of god" has a message for u; GO EFF URSELF.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by vislabraye(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2011
While I dont believe in bashing Oyedepo for his wealth, I'm a bit curious and there's nothing wrong with being curious. In western countries, we've been hearing scandals about men of God. I know there are people who love to hear thing like this and some would even go to any length to frame these MOGs.
But asking a genuine question about his source of wealth is ok. I dont know how much he's worth, but according to people who attend his services, he doesnt collect offering more than once-- that is, he doesnt task his members so much.

I was told he has a gold mine. Well, I don't know how true it is. But the wealth and assets of the church is mind boggling. Its a mystery, really.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by dare2think: 7:54pm On May 22, 2011
@ Bossinie

Going to church/ or winners chapel those not guarantee prosperity. AND THAT IS A FACT. The richest black man is a Muslim,
Is everyone at winner's chapel rich?

What did Jesus say about the rich man and the camel?, Yet we have a rich pastor richer than more than half of the congregation?

If you refuse to acknowledge the truth that's your prerogative, but don't expect other's to stop using their senses.

There are rich people in every religion of the world,  and prosperity is not confined to your church or Christianity,  IT IS A NATURAL PHENOMENON

SO, open up your ignorant mind to the realities of the world.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by 0850world(m): 12:29am On May 24, 2011
It is very simple.

God has laid down specific instructions for our activities here on earth, in addition to that He keeps talking to us. Understanding these facts and adhering to them makes us different from animals as they live by their instincts.

One plain truth is you choose to be who you are! From his story, it is clear that Bishop Oyedepo chose a long time ago to hear from God and carry out instructions as stated regardless of human influence/constraints because he was smart enough to search the right place when others were enjoying their sleep (I believe the grace is available to all). God in His infinite love has even used the man to speak the Word and write books that have awakened people from their sleep and made them understand their worth and redeem their positions in life.

Most often we choose to do what pleases us and not what pleases God and when we see people that have paid their dues doing well we resort to mud - slinging and begin to rant on and on because we cannot fathom their achievements with human understanding.

A lot of people are yet to admit that human understanding and knowledge will fail as they always do while living a life that limits their level of operation to what they know.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Aizebioje(m): 6:55am On May 24, 2011
D populatn of d church grew.bigger tithes, offerings and project collection 4rm time 2 timd plus d grace of God.Try reading some of his books,sure u would find something.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by playboy19(m): 10:59am On May 24, 2011
I don't know what the heck is wrong with this people's brain, especially the ones who lives under the spell of that stupiid biatch called Queen. They have been so brainwashed and battered with tax to the extent that they see  money as gold. Talking mostly about the ones who lives in England, you will always find them attacking pastors and questioning them when in truth, we all know how many pastors you went to and how many days of prayer and fasting you went through before you got that 6 months visa to the UK (with which you are now an illegal immigrant). So becos you live in England now, you think you know everything about money and can question people about their money?

Let me ask you a quick question, who the heck is your father to question anyone about his/her money? Have you questioned your queen for imposing so much tax on you? If you make more then 20-30k weekly, you pay 50% tax, is you all crazy? Isn't that questionable? God wants just 10% and you are crying, no wonder you people never have shiiit to send back home to your family. You will never hear of any UK people ever buoyant, they always want you to send them money.

Now back to Oyedepe's issue, are you people too dummb to see that he has million upon million of followers? If you for example has as many follower as he has on Facebook/Baseless Twitter or on your personal website, we all know how much you'll be cutting monthly from Google. Not to mention that this man sells million upon million copies of his books. If that stupiiid biatch who wrote Harry Potter ( that fictional senseless poo) could become a billionaire in dollar, why not Pastor Oyedepo? Why not Adeboye? Why didn't you question her? His church has presence in more than 40 countries, Dangote's Group does not have such presence and yet he is a billionaire in Dollar and you are not crying.

And to 'em moslems, Osama bin laden (may his wicked soul rest in pieces) was one of the richest people in the world, where did he get his money from? Was it not majorly from people sponsoring Allah's Worldwide Terrorism against christians? If he was free, he woulda hanged his jet beside oyedepo's. Finally, christianity is not by force. You give at will. Wouldn't you rather give your 10% to someone who would pray for your life to prosper the more, than give a higher percent to people like the queen or Nigerian government? Buncha morroons
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 11:40am On May 24, 2011
playboy19:

I don't know what the heck is wrong with this people's brain, especially the ones who lives under the spell of that stupiid biatch called Queen. They have been so brainwashed and battered with tax to the extent that they see money as gold. Talking mostly about the ones who lives in England, you will always find them attacking pastors and questioning them when in truth, we all know how many pastors you went to and how many days of prayer and fasting you went through before you got that 6 months visa to the UK (with which you are now an illegal immigrant). So becos you live in England now, you think you know everything about money and can question people about their money?

Let me ask you a quick question, who the heck is your father to question anyone about his/her money? Have you questioned your queen for imposing so much tax on you? If you make more then 20-30k weekly, you pay 50% tax, is you all crazy? Isn't that questionable? God wants just 10% and you are crying, no wonder you people never have shiiit to send back home to your family. You will never hear of any UK people ever buoyant, they always want you to send them money.

Now back to Oyedepe's issue, are you people too dummb to see that he has million upon million of followers? If you for example has as many follower as he has on Facebook/Baseless Twitter or on your personal website, we all know how much you'll be cutting monthly from Google. Not to mention that this man sells million upon million copies of his books. If that stupiiid biatch who wrote Harry Potter ( that fictional senseless poo) could become a billionaire in dollar, why not Pastor Oyedepo? Why not Adeboye? Why didn't you question her? His church has presence in more than 40 countries, Dangote's Group does not have such presence and yet he is a billionaire in Dollar and you are not crying.

And to 'em moslems, Osama bin laden (may his wicked soul rest in pieces) was one of the richest people in the world, where did he get his money from? Was it not majorly from people sponsoring Allah's Worldwide Terrorism against christians? If he was free, he woulda hanged his jet beside oyedepo's. Finally, christianity is not by force. You give at will. Wouldn't you rather give your 10% to someone who would pray for your life to prosper the more, than give a higher percent to people like the queen or Nigerian government? Buncha morroons

I'm Speechless! *Standing Ovation*
If this was a college paper and I was a professor, I would give it an A+ and 5 bonus points for insightfulness.

@Dare2Think, can you please make your brethren think?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 24, 2011
Any one can learn the skillful art of defending and winning by reading this thread. smh

1.  Attack is the best form of defense,

playboy19:

I don't know what the heck is wrong with this people's brain, especially the ones who lives under the spell of that stupiid biatch called Queen. They have been so brainwashed and battered with tax to the extent that they see  money as gold. Talking mostly about the ones who lives in England, you will always find them attacking pastors and questioning them when in truth, we all know how many pastors you went to and how many days of prayer and fasting you went through before you got that 6 months visa to the UK (with which you are now an illegal immigrant). So becos you live in England now, you think you know everything about money and can question people about their money?

First of all from a biblical point of view,
Luke 20:21 So the spies questioned him: “Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22 Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”23 He saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24 “Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?” “Caesar’s,” they replied.25 He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

Secondly, are you seriously comparing paying taxes with paying tithes? Are you inferring that one is a model of the other? Do you have any idea what taxes are? Are you saying God 'taxes' us by telling us to pay tithes?

Please, before you attack again, answer these questions

2. In self defence, anything goes.
playboy19:

Please, Bible knowledge is not I.T knowledge. If one has followers on Facebook/Twitter, he makes money from Google,  I.T joke of the year, 
Personal website,  no wahala,  facebook,  give unto Zuckerberg what belongs to Zuckerberg. 
So sales from Oyedepo's books built him the empire he has today, wow, wondeful books,

His church has presence in more than 40 countries, Dangote's Group does not have such presence and yet he is a billionaire in Dollar and you are not crying. Thank you for finally pointing out that Oyedepo is running a church/business,  He has made his money as a businessman from money 'donated' to him as a clergyman,  Please correct me if I'm wrong   grin

3. Know your opponents
playboy19:

First off Osama also killed Moslems. He was fighting against the western nations not necessarily Christians. You know how many souls are lost in Pakistan and Baghdad every day. Are they all Christians?
So now we give our 10% not to God, but to a pastor to get assured answers to prayers? Your thinking is really shallow. Don't Christians have direct access to God through Jesus Christ? You mean Jesus blood on the cross didn't cover payment of tithe?

Now who is the not-so-smart person?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by vislabraye(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2011
playboy19:

@play boy I like ur post.
The reason some people bring up these topics is to discredit MOGs. But I think we should know where to draw the line between sincere MOGs and those after money. Even some fellow pastors complain about how most of their colleagues extort members et al.
That not withstanding, there's nothing wrong if a pastor is wealthy. Is there no one here who does not want to live in wealth? Some of these men were genuinely called by God, they gave up their careers. I know some make a lot of sacrifices for the gospel.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 24, 2011
Some of these men were genuinely called by God, they gave up their careers. I know some make a lot of sacrifices for the gospel.
Ok if a new law is passed that bans tithes in churches today and only allow freewill giving, I wonder how many churches will fold up and how many new pastors will come out and say they have been called by God?
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by dare2think: 2:47pm On May 24, 2011
@muskeeto

Martian was being sarcastic.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by vislabraye(m): 3:00pm On May 24, 2011
MrBible:

Ok if a new law is passed that bans tithes in churches today and only allow freewill giving, I wonder how many churches will fold up and how many new pastors will come out and say they have been called by God?

Its not every church or every pastor I'm comfortable with. I've seen all kinds of pastors and heard all kinds of preaching in my years as a Christian. I can vouche for some but not all. And I am very weary of many prosperity teachers.
It is also theresponsibility of a xtian to be discerning.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 24, 2011
dare2think:

@muskeeto

Martian was being sarcastic.

mY BAD, modified,
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by del(m): 3:42pm On May 24, 2011
Violent, as your name sound so is your mind. you are discussing what you does not know. i will encourage you to start a research on how Bishop oyedepo got his wealth and get back to people on this forum.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by dare2think: 5:06pm On May 24, 2011
del:

Violent, as your name sound so is your mind. you are discussing what you does not know. i will encourage you to start a research on how Bishop oyedepo got his wealth and get back to people on this forum.

Foreget about violent,

How did Oyedepo get his wealth?

Indulge us, so all this "blasphemy" stops.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2011
musKeeto:

Any one can learn the skillful art of defending and winning by reading this thread. smh

1.  Attack is the best form of defense,

First of all from a biblical point of view,
Luke 20:21 So the spies questioned him: “Teacher, we know that you speak and teach what is right, and that you do not show partiality but teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 22 Is it right for us to pay taxes to Caesar or not?”23 He saw through their duplicity and said to them, 24 “Show me a denarius. Whose image and inscription are on it?” “Caesar’s,” they replied.25 He said to them, “Then give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

Secondly, are you seriously comparing paying taxes with paying tithes? Are you inferring that one is a model of the other? Do you have any idea what taxes are? Are you saying God 'taxes' us by telling us to pay tithes?

Please, before you attack again, answer these questions

2. In self defence, anything goes.
Please, Bible knowledge is not I.T knowledge. If one has followers on Facebook/Twitter, he makes money from Google,  I.T joke of the year, 
Personal website,  no wahala,  facebook,  give unto Zuckerberg what belongs to Zuckerberg. 
So sales from Oyedepo's books built him the empire he has today, wow, wondeful books,

His church has presence in more than 40 countries, Dangote's Group does not have such presence and yet he is a billionaire in Dollar and you are not crying. Thank you for finally pointing out that Oyedepo is running a church/business,  He has made his money as a businessman from money 'donated' to him as a clergyman,  Please correct me if I'm wrong   grin

3. Know your opponentsFirst off Osama also killed Moslems. He was fighting against the western nations not necessarily Christians. You know how many souls are lost in Pakistan and Baghdad every day. Are they all Christians?
So now we give our 10% not to God, but to a pastor to get assured answers to prayers? Your thinking is really shallow. Don't Christians have direct access to God through Jesus Christ? You mean Jesus blood on the cross didn't cover payment of tithe?

Now who is the not-so-smart person?

Muskeeto, I am disappointed that you could be asking these questions. You are behaving exactly like the Jews who begged Pilate to release Barrabas a robber but to crucify Jesus. Whatever is done in secular world is excusable but whatever a man of God does is unpardonable. You asked if tithe is comparable to tax. If you are a bible reader you would know that the only difference between tax and tithe is the fact that tithe is not enforced. Aside from that, i will tell you that tithe is tax. It is God's portion and it is compulsory but people don't pay it because God wont throw them in jails. If it were not tax, God would not state in Malach 3:8-10 that you rob HIM when you don't pay it. So Dangote is permitted to have billions with a spread in less than 20 countries but because a pastor is in question, he isnt allowed to have what dangote has even though he has followership in over 40countries. For your information, God's business is exactly just that: BUSINESS. Encarta describes BUSINESS in 12ways but the first one translates as line of work, trade or profession.  . A man who conducts God's business on earth is in a profession with the difference that his employer is God, yours is a man. Stop fighting divine agenda gentlemen lest you be found to be confronting God.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2011
dare2think:

Foreget about violent,

How did Oyedepo get his wealth?

Indulge us, so all this "blasphemy" stops.

Papido:

I haven't had time to read through all the contributions but i wish the answer the original question that triggered this thread. Oyedepo's source of PERSONAL income is solely through financial gifts from individuals, not tithes or offerings. Individuals all over the world who have been touched by his ministry pay money into his personal accounts and this run into multiplied millions per month. It may interest you to know that both church members and non church members (Muslims inclusive) send gifts to him. His travels (fleet of jets) and accommodation however are paid for by the ministry. He does not draw any salary from the church but rather pay his own tithe (in millions also) into the church purse. According to him, the annual turn over from his books alone is in excess of N300 million. However, all this money goes into the church coffers, not his.

@Dare2think, your question has already been answered. The only mystery in Oyedepo's source of wealth is the fact that people who don't know him one on one would even think of paying money into his account at all. The man doesn't even say thank you to those who drop this money. if you are familiar with his style, you would see that the way he talks should even discourage you from dropping any money at all. He doesnt beg and he wouldn't even say thank you for dropping anything. That is not conventional. Winners chapel is the only church i know that dont do fund raising or send out contribution envelopes for charity donations. Yet things are working for him. This is what happens when you are favoured by God. This man doesnt spend church funds on personal expenses. He spends it only on official business which include travels and paying of salaries to over 5,000 ministry staff. Why are you so angry at this man? If something that defies the laws of nature is happening around you, the only sensible thing to do is to understudy that thing. That's why i like oyinbo people. They will come and research what you know. In this part of the world, we kill off such ideas with our mouth (or pen or keyboard).
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by dare2think: 1:08pm On May 25, 2011
@papido
thanks for the insight.
However, pls how did you come to the conclusion that the source of his income is from personal gifts? Where you there when he was recieving them?
From the way you sound you seem to know a lot about him.
Or are you a member of the church group that deals with finances? I'm only asking since I don't know, and you seem to be aware of the details of the church.
Or did you research it just like the "oyinbos".

By the way, I don't "hate him ", asking questions and debating on issues does not equate to hatred.

Thanks smiley
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 1:19pm On May 25, 2011
@dare2think, it's heartwarming to learn dat you don't hate him. I love his messages so i hear them a lot. When you hear someone a lot, you tend to be able to predict them. I knew about him the first time in 1989. Later in 2004, I joined the church as a member and staff. I am on the team of those that count the money of the church after service. I have been doing this for about 4years and he has never visited the place personally during that period. He has a full time staff whose only job is to manage and handle his personal bank accounts and finances. There are about a few members of staff in the ministry that earn 7 figures in salary. But he doesn't draw any salary from the ministry. No dime leaves the church account without 3 signatories including himself. none of the other two are members of his family. so you know, a scandal is not far if he dares misappropriate church money because no non-member apart from himself will remain a signatory for life. He did this for relative accountability and transparency.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 25, 2011
The plain truth is most of the guys defending their 'Papa' have no clue how he makes his money. It's like the security man of a cement making factory telling you how much Dangote makes. The truth is this people have so fallen in love with 'Papa', all path to reason has been blocked on their brain map. Any 'perceived attack' on the Man of God warrants a reprisal, either through 'fear' or 'character assassination'.

People should think and learn to question their religion, to question their beliefs. Open up your minds to new ideas, and as a Christian, ensure you believe in what your Bible says, not someone else's interpretation.

Also, to the HOLY POLICE, the truth is neither Oyedepo nor Adeboye nor anyone else are Christ. Whether you like it or not, half of their congregation worship them. If you would be truthful to yourself, you would be able to acknowledge this fact. And man is prone to PRIDE where there is much praise, man is prone to compromise in a situation where one does not criticize but follows blindly.

If your pastor can do no wrong in your eye, if you defend him blindly no matter the accusation, your rock might no longer be Jesus, it might be His ministry,
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 1:28pm On May 25, 2011
@Papido

Since you are a church insider - can you confirm how many planes are owned by Winners Chapel ? Also were the planes paid for by the church ?
Thanks.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2011
@Muskeeto, you have left the issue and started confusing issues. You asked a question, it was answered and yet you refuse to back down. Yes Dangote's gateman may not know how much he makes but he will sure know how he makes money. As for the human worship that you mentioned, that cannot be ruled out in any system. Al-Mustapha refused to deny his boss even in death regardless of everyone's opinion. However i do not approve of worshipping men of God and i don't.Am sure you have something you belive in tenaciously. Without a firm belief, you will waver at every new concept that comes along.
EarsWide:

@Papido

Since you are a church insider - can you confirm how many planes are owned by Winners Chapel ? Also were the planes paid for by the church ?
Thanks.

The church currently own 3 planes. The first one which was an aged second hand aircraft was sold.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Papido(m): 1:39pm On May 25, 2011
The aircrafts were paid for by the church.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 25, 2011
Papido:

The aircrafts were paid for by the church.
Hmm, at least you seem better than that Boss something guy. In reference to the Dangote analogy, I was saying that one who isn't in the system can't be expected to give information about the system. Definitely the security man will know less about Dangote's accounts compared to his finance officer.

Am sure you have something you belive in tenaciously. Without a firm belief, you will waver at every new concept that comes along.
This is the same thing that controls the suicide bomber who kills in the name of Allah. Do you know how dangerous beliefs can be? I'm not against beliefs, what I'm against is when people are led blindly and do things without understanding what they mean. As humans, I realise that our understanding can never be perfect, that's why I always have an open mind, to learn new ways and discard of old habits. If everyone of those church members filling up the pews everyday played their role as citizens of these country, we both know we would be talking less about corruption. We've left teaching people basic morals (how to care for a neighbor through kind acts not necessarily money (the Good Samaritan story), how loving God means loving your neighbour),  , instead teach MONEY MAKING MIRACLES.

So when people question the religious places, where a majority of Christians attend weekly, when they spend so obscenely, it shouldn't irk any right thinking person.

I like the way you have approached this issue, and I hope to see more of your kind on threads like these.
Re: This Is Not Another Pastor Bashing Thread! by EarsWide(m): 2:06pm On May 25, 2011
@Papido

Thanks for the response. Do you know how much the planes cost ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Did You Feel After You Finally Defeated That Stubborn Addiction? / Atheist? Come With Your Questions. / Russia 2018: Satguru Maharaj Ji Blames Super Eagles Flop On White Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.