Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,413 members, 7,850,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:03 PM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (22184 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 4:43am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
mumu..
Ijaw-ndokis in oyigbo that are more Ijaw than myself...

Oyigbo is even an Ogoni term so how are they even related with you?

Alagoa made attempts to claim Ndoki for the simple reason that he wished to claim Ubani for the Ijaw, but it fell flat.
You people will have to navigate past the observation put down in the first book ever written about Ubani, in which the vast majority of the indigenes and the royal family made it clear that they were Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by oyatz(m): 5:41am On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

What does UBANI mean in Ijaw?

Also how do you explain the fact that the earliest books written about UBANI Bonny, clearly noted that the traditional rulers of Bonny were of Igbo ancestry?

The ancestries of the king of a community doesn't necessarily define the ownership of the community. For instance, the earliest written books about Onitsha said that the kings of Onitsha were of Bini ancestries but is Onitsha part of Bini land now?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by oyatz(m): 5:59am On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

There was nothing life chieftaincy there or any part of Igboland before 1846 with Oraifite getting their first warrant chief. So my dear, what defines people is their customs, tradition, culture and language which the kyrio and ashanti people that form the modern Ijaw doesn't share with any Igbo community.

You guys look childish fighting on Nairaland over land/tribes/Communities.

If Nigeria is going to divide, you will first get the territories you are presently controlling then the contentious areas will be resolved with your neighbours through plebiscites.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by oyatz(m): 6:04am On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

The most notable Jaja

Will King Jaja vote in the referendum to determine whether Opobo should join Biafra or Ijaw Republic?
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Oyigbo is even an Ogoni term so how are they even related with you?

Alagoa made attempts to claim Ndoki for the simple reason that he wished to claim Ubani for the Ijaw, but it fell flat.
You people will have to navigate past the observation put down in the first book ever written about Ubani, in which the vast majority of the indigenes and the royal family made it clear that they were Igbos.
i dont know why people having problem over Ndokis identifying with their Ijaw root.....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2021
Liebermantic:

Why is the Igbo spoken in Bonny and Opobo the same with the version of one spoken and understood by Ndoki people?
Very soon, Bonny and Opobo will read the history documented before 1967, not fake history from Ijaw land grabbers..
Asimini, Odum, Oko jumbo, edimini, Ndoli etc are all Igbo people who ruled Bonny ..Even the Present King of Bonny is from Asimini lineage just like the king of Opobo came from Jaja's lineage..All are Igbos..The Ijaw inclination is due to Oil politics
see dreamer.... keep believing in mirages....e go shock una dey more and more as the days go by...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:47am On Aug 20, 2021
ThickSharon123:

The thing about you is, when someone has finished argument you come after and drop comments. My Igbo men are always busy kiss, so when you want to make your arguments do it here and then, and don't drop any later , perhaps early in the morning.

If you want to argue, argue with precision and stop prolonging it. smiley
no. i dont prolong.. any time i prolonged it mean i was busy...... my girl your people know Ijaws are Igbo masters....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 6:52am On Aug 20, 2021
ThickSharon123:

Why is it paining you. See the words you gave. He wanted to keep you up for a discussion and you began spitting venom grin cheesy
no...he tried to go that way, so i have follow same way with him.... its fact...

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect / Anambra, ABX-World, Begin Agro-Allied Exports To Europe Worth Over $5 Billion / Niger-Delta Avengers: Buhari And Jonathan To Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.