Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,028 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (22000 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction / The Funny Thing About This Bonny/Opobo Argument / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by melodyogonna(m): 11:23am On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
read Forsyth's book
then read your dear Achebe's book
you'll see the lies
Achebe was Ojukwu's propaganda machine
Forsyth has written a lot of books. I have read The Biafra Story and he does not show any lies there. in fact, in this same Nairaland someone said he was biased towards Biafra. Which of the books are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2021
Idiko1:

Capitan Ogogoro, you did not forget anything. It simply does not exist. It is foolhardy to pick certain towns and communities in Delta State to form your pipe dream of anioma as acronym. What of A for Asaba instead of Agbor? What happened to Ukwuani?
asaba is there.... thats the formation of the word you hearing as anioma today thinking it is a tribe..
you can even used google....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by theTranscriber: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2021
melodyogonna:

Forsyth has written a lot of books. I have read The Biafra Story and he does not show any lies there. in fact, in this same Nairaland someone said he was biased towards Biafra. Which of the books are you talking about?
the Biafra story
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Easternmind(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:

A=agbor
N=ndokwa
I=ika
O=oshimili
M
A
forgotten the last two at now, but i will remember them...
dont just claim you know nothing about...
Lolz...
This is pure jargons.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2021
Liebermantic:

Bayelsa State was created for Ijaw to enable other marginalized minorities in Rivers State to have a breath of fresh air... So any groups in Rivers State that claim to be Ijaw do so for political gains...No Ijaw in Rivers State..
shut up, also tell me how you people migrated from anambra to another people lands...
because we all know anambra is the only state for Igbos.... even kanu said it....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Easternmind(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
stop typing rubbish guy... Ndoki na Ijaw.
Then explain this below,this time use a brain.

1 Share

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2021
Easternmind:

Lolz...
This is pure jargons.
this was how the name anioma you hearing came about...... so dont argue on what you have never found about
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Easternmind(m): 11:33am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
shut up, also tell me how you people migrated from anambra people lands...
because we all know anambra is the only state for Igbos.... even kanu it....

I've been arguing with stomach militant all this while with nothing upstairs,you know nothing about igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Easternmind(m): 11:35am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
this was how the name anioma you hearing came about...... so dont argue on what you have never found about
Ani-Land
Oma-Good
Anioma means good land,your eyes go soon clear this Ijaw guy,you claim igbos,Yoruba and bini lands,you don't know what you are in for.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by theTranscriber: 11:36am On Aug 20, 2021
Liebermantic:
Cultism in high institutions = Wole Soyinka Father of Modern African Literature = Achebe
fraternity and going against wickedness in high positions = Wole Ṣoyinka
cowardice =achebe
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by melodyogonna(m): 11:44am On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
the Biafra story
I may have forgotten. It has been a few years since I read both books. If you can say what lie he busted I can go back and check both
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2021
eduj:

Most of the trading in bayelsa top cities is done by igbo's, the economy in bayelsa is Igbo driven.
I have been to most financial hubs in Nigeria and yet I haven't come across ijaws making waves.

That should tell you that something is wrong with you people on a fundamental level.

in academics you guys are non-existent,in business ? haba ,even the abandoned property your tribe stole after the war, they have sold off most of them in pH city
dont believe this this misconception that igbos are good in business....no, igbos are not good in any business..
Now take a look at the richest people with business you will not see any igbo man....
Look at dangote otedola adeleke etc they Yoruba and Hausa with other tribes.... where is the so-called business igbo man there?

igbo man will never got money without adding ritualism....

people have been brainwashed to believe that falacy that igbos are the business......
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2021
cheruv:

Anịọma means good land
Anị = land
Ọma = good
Unlike in English, the Igbo adjective usually comes after the noun

As an Ijo, you shouldn't be arguing on what you don't know kiss

Sir Dennis Osadebe, who was instrumental in coining the word ANIOMA, expressly made sure the acronym had an Igbo meaning. Osadebe was the first premier of the Midwest region.

The word ANIOMA, came from ANIOCHA (An Igbo expression) and the other Igbo-speaking provinces of the then Midwest region

3 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
thats not case for anioma in state here.....
anioma in delta state is an initial like as follows..
A=agbor
N=ndokwa
I=ika
O=oshimili
M=
A=
forgotten the last two... but so on.... am from delta state... you know nothing here...

There are no last two words. Osadebe added the MA, to make it a complete Igbo expression, hence ANIOMA, otherwise it would have been ANIO, which makes no sense in Igbo.

Trying to trick us by claiming that you've forgotten the last two. Iyasikwa

4 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2021
Easternmind:

Ani-Land
Oma-Good
Anioma means good land,your eyes go soon clear this Ijaw guy,you claim igbos,Yoruba and bini lands,you don't know what you are in for.
it might mean something in Igbo, but that was not the brain child behind the formation of A.N.I.O.M.A. by it people.....
you can asked the anioma people themselves..... anioma is made up of 6 tribes...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
you just hear people say the name and you start shouting it without doing little research.... Igbo youths too ignorant...here is the anioma...
A=agbor
N=ndokwa
I=ika
O=osimili
M
A
but i have forgotten the last two...
am from delta.... you from far away south east know nothing here...

You did not forget anything. Please stop lying and spreading falsehoods like a typical Ijaw man. M and A were added by Sir Osadebe to make sure the expression was a complete Igbo expression. The four Igbo provinces in the then Midwest were Agbor, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili. No more, no less.

Stop forgetting. M and A don't exist

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
asaba is there.... t[b]hats the formation of the word you hearing as anioma today thinking it is a tribe..[/b]
you can even used google....

The brain behind the formation of word, Anioma, never thought about himself as anything other than Igbo. He was the secretary general of Igbo Union in Aba before the formation of Midwestern Movement hence Anioma after the Nigeria/Biafra war. Anioma was never a tribe or ethnic nationality but a politically enhanced movement. Today, Anioma people are the Igbo communities in Delta State. Even Igbanke ( Igbo akiri) is a part of Anioma hence Ika connection.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

You did not forget anything. Please stop lying and spreading falsehoods like a typical Ijaw man. M and A were added by Sir Osadebe to make sure the expression was a complete Igbo expression. The four Igbo provinces in the then Midwest were Agbor, Ndokwa, Ika and Oshimili. No more, no less.

Bro there is mainstream education and equally a roadside Ijaw education. Capitan Ogogoro is the beacon of roadside Ijaw education.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
Idiko1:

The brain behind the formation of word, Anioma, never thought about himself as anything other than Igbo. He was the secretary general of Igbo Union in Aba before the formation of Midwestern Movement hence Anioma after the Nigeria/Biafra war. Anioma was never a tribe or ethnic nationality but a politically enhanced movement. Today, Anioma people are the Igbo communities in Delta State. Even Igbanke ( Igbo akiri) is a part of Anioma hence Ika connection.
shut up liar... tribes like ika oshimili are benin offshoot and have nothing to do with igbo...
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

liar.... ika and agbor are benn and have no connection with Igbo
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by OfoIgbo: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
liar.... ika and agbor are benn and have no connection with Igbo

With the little hitch that Benin people don't understand what Ika or Agbo people are saying, but Igbos undersand them, with just our knowledge of Igbo.

Anioma, means good land in Ika
Anioma means good land in Agbor
Anioma means good land in Oshimili
Anioma means good land in Ndokwa
Anioma means good land in Anambra
Anioma means good land in Enugu
Alaoma means good land in Abia
Alaoma means good land in Imo
Alaoma means good land in Igbo areas of Rivers state
Elioma means good land in Ikwerre

Anioma DOES NOT MEAN good land in Edo
Anioma DOES NOT MEAN good land in Ijaw

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
shut up liar... tribes like ika oshimili are benin offshoot and have nothing to do with igbo...

Capitan Ogogoro, I shall request you shut up your putrid mouth for you know nothing. It is unfortunate in Ijaw educational curriculum, towns and communities are tribes and ethnic nationalities. I suggest you concern your silly self with the offshoot which gave rise to Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by cheruv: 12:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
thats not case for anioma in state here.....
anioma in delta state is an initial like as follows..
[s]A=agbor
N=ndokwa
I=ika
O=oshimili
M=
A=
forgotten the last two... but so on.... am from delta state... you know nothing here...[/s]
When we say you shouldn't dabble into what you don't know, it is too avoid scenes like this where you come to disgrace yourself...
Agbọ is a kingdom in the Ịka tribe area, so how can two different names represent the same identity
Moreover, if Igbos tell you that this is an Igbo word whilst you a foreigner who doesn't know anything in our language now come to claim this and that, don't you feel it makes you look extremely foolish embarassed
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

With the little hitch that Benin people don't understand what Ika or Agbo people are saying, but Igbos undersand them, with just our knowledge of Igbo.

Alioma means good land in Ikwerre
Alioma means good land in some part of Eboney State too.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Idiko1:

Capitan Ogogoro, I shall request you shut up your putrid mouth for you know nothing. It is unfortunate in Ijaw educational curriculum, towns and communities are tribes and ethnic nationalities. I suggest you concern your silly self with the offshoot which gave rise to Ijaw.
oya go take ika tribe, agbor tribe and oshimili tribes into your Igbo na..... human grabbers....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
cheruv:

When we say you shouldn't dabble into what you don't know, it is too avoid scenes like this where you come to disgrace yourself...
Agbọ is a kingdom in the Ịka tribe area, so how can two different names represent the same identity
Moreover, if Igbos tell you that this is an Igbo word whilst you a foreigner who doesn't know anything in our language now come to claim this and that, don't you feel it makes you look extremely foolish embarassed
yes it was a mistake... i meant to say aniocha....
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Idiko1: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
yes it was a mistake... i meant to say aniocha....

There is nothing such as a "Mistake". The word is a misnomer. If it is a mistake to ill-educated Ijaw, what was your first choice which you mistook for Agbo? This is an act of blunder which remains a display of inert stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by cheruv: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Exactly.... Same meaning, different pronunciations

土美

Alịọma (ịka, ukwualị, ọgba, ekpeye, ihwuruọha, izii, ezaa, ikwo, nsụka, ada, ehugbo, ebiriba)
Alaọma (owerre, ọlụ, ọhụhụ, ngwa, eche, asa, ndọkị, ọtanzu)
Anịọma (anịọcha, oshimiri, edo, ọgbaru, idemmili, nkanụ)
Anaọma (ọka, agbaaja)

In proto-igbo, the term for land is ẹlị, which is why we've more Igbo tribes using "alị", compared to the other variants

1 Like

Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
Idiko1:

There is nothing such as a "Mistake". The word is a misnomer. If it is a mistake to ill-educated Ijaw, what was your first choice which you mistook for Agbo? This is an act of blunder which remains a display of inert stupidity.
A.N.I.O.M.A. is not Igbo, thats is fact.... Igbos are their expansionism mentality will failed woefly
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 12:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
oyatz:

The ancestries of the king of a community doesn't necessarily define the ownership of the community. For instance, the earliest written books about Onitsha said that the kings of Onitsha were of Bini ancestries but is Onitsha part of Bini land now?

This is a blatant lie; no historian worth it's value will ever put Onicha ancestry to Bini. Why ? Because there is absolutely nothing that lends credence to that. Anybody who claims Onicha has Bini ancestry should bring the facts and prove it to us.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by IDENNAA(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
Captain8:
yes..you correct... those fake aba made jews are criminals....

You argue like an illiterate, no substance. You have been trounced front and back with facts.
Re: Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo by Captain8(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
IDENNAA:

You argue like an illiterate, no substance. You have been trounced front and back with facts.
facts? where?
you people present no fact here....no single fact.... all i see is lamidi cownu propagandas...

if i may ask what was the fact you presented?

if you present a fact, i shall as well respond with fact....
you cant present lamidi cownu evening radio gossips and propagandas as fact and expected me to returned in fact...

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi: Igboho's Travail Avoidable If He Had Listened To Good Advice / Buhari’s Appointments: Presidency’s List Inaccurate; Several Names Omitted / My Father Forgave Buhari Before his death - Bala shagari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.