Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria (8601 Views)

Why Yoruba Is The Best And Richest Tribe In Africa. / Breaking News!!! Igbos Are Not The Richest Tribe In Nigeria. This Tribe Is!!! / True Life Story - Before Igbos Came (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:
You can put your life on a hypothetical situation?
Is that not an idiotic thing to say?

Very dishonest
Was it only Ibos that survived Biafra? WHat about Akwa Ibom that you are claiming to be from ? Did they not survive?
Was the survival not because Nigeria allowed them to survive, treated them well and gave them space?

You make it sound as if they started turning stones into bread and sand into rice when the war ended?

If Nigeria was hostile to them it would be a different story

Awolowo that they hate so much kept their allocation for the entire war period (hidden from Gowon) and when the war ended gave it to them

Did they not benefit from the oil boom in the early seventies?

What then is so magical about their survival
Their region is still the shittiest in the country
Akwa ibom wasn't even bombarded like Igbo land..infact the federal troops didn't go into deep into Akwa ibom...Dem no even reach Akwa ibom self so Akwa ibom still had much
Things on ground.

I say again I put my life down..the west won't survive what the Igbos survived simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Ngorbungor(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obamaofusa:

That is why you have the lowest IGR.You dont know how to do real business.You always bring your businesses down.

IGR indeed, show me Ibadan, Ado-Ekiti, Akure and Abeokuta with there highest IGR and I will show you Eungu, Owerri, Onitsha, ABA, Abakilike, Asaba, Nnewi, Awka, Umuahia with poor IGR.

You no get talk I beg, Useless IGR with nothing to show for

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Parisian: 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
Last time they made a list of the states with the most amount of dollar millionaires in Nigeria, no igbo state was even there, Lmao. Allow them to keep being delusional.
Ayo2004:

You must be gullible
All the top universities and secondary schools are all in the south west

What do u mean by commerce?
Most of the supermarkets,companies,filling stations,factories and others are all dominated by yorubas but because you people are dominating the markets in Alaba,we should not hear word

Let's not even go into tech,we all know yorubas dominate

The south west is the headquarters of entertainment
SW controls the stock exchange while u are here making noise

Upon all the chest beating in the development of their states,their unemployment rate is higher and their people are still leaving their paradise to come to the useless SW

The only thing u are good at is chestbeating
They will come here and rant "Nnewi us the headquarters of millionaires in Nigeria"oga,Nnewi does not have quarter the amount of multi-millionaires in Lekki,Ikeja and co.

That's how they came saying Obi Cubana is worth 500million dollars and some of their billionaires are worth 5.7billion dollars
Even Lionel Messi who owns like 4 luxury hotels,Floyd Mayweather who earns millions anyhow,many top American entrepreneurs and celebrities who buy houses worth almost a hundred million dollars in LA,Miami can't boast of a billion dollars talkless of some local champions who only owns local hotels and clubs
Even Ogunlesi who is a majority shareholder in more than 3 airports in the UK is worth more than the entire Nnewi yet u are here saying rubbish

Mike Adenuga is richer than many of them combined sef

The money used to build a tiny duplex in Ikoyi will build a castle in Nnewi

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Akwa ibom wasn't even bombarded like Igbo land..infact the federal troops didn't go into deep into Akwa ibom...Dem no even reach Akwa ibom self so Akwa ibom still had much
Things on ground.

I say again I put my life down..the west won't survive what the Igbos survived simple
Please keep quiet and stop talking nonsense

First that region was named as the South Eastern State and was a major theatre of war and starvation,
There are countless stories of how the Ibibio suffered

I know you are Ibo just masquerading

Stop the falsehood

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Ngorbungor(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Things on ground.

They didn't even see or hear common knockout sound and there region looks like watin them curse, with nonsense IGR, if that is what highest IGR mean we rather continue with poor IGR ......

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ngorbungor:

IGR indeed, show me Ibadan, Ado-Ekiti, Akure and Abeokuta with there highest IGR and I will show you Eungu, Owerri, Onitsha, ABA, Abakilike, Asaba, Nnewi, Awka, Umuahia with poor IGR.

lol
Yoruba deals with large land so we have more urban areas not focusing on 4 or 5 towns

Eboes only pick one town and build 20 storey contraptions without lifts grin live there like sardines pigs and call them "cities" shocked grin
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by NGpatriot: 8:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
weather them stay in the SW or the north north or the SS what I'm saying is that yorubas won't have survived a civil war simple... Make we deybtalk truth abeg

At the end of the day, you end up with ipob/esn/ugm, your own homegrown terrorists slaughtering, killing and beheading your own ibo people and burning down your own towns and villages.

The SE is the poorest, most barren and unproductive region in Nigeria, every man and woman can not wait to collect enough money for ekenedilishuku bus to get the hell out of that poor region for survival in Yoruba or Hausa land..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ngorbungor:

lol
Yoruba deals with large land so we have more urban areas not focusing on 4 or 5 towns

Eboes only pick one town and build 20 storey contraptions without lifts grin live there like sardines pigs and call them "cities" shocked grin
Think about your life cheesy embarassed
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lol

Are you talking about Onitsha the dirtiest place in the Milky Way?

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:
Are you talking about Onitsha the dirtiest place in the Milky Way?

and yet these eboe guys claim 6.9 million of themselves live there
No wonder cheesy
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Obamaofusa: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ngorbungor:

What do you want to show in those villages?
Only Ibadan is more developed than the entire Igboland.

Do you have these in the entire Igboland?

Home News 10 POPULAR ESTATES IN IBADAN WHERE THE RICH LIVE
NEWS
10 POPULAR ESTATES IN IBADAN WHERE THE RICH LIVE
written by City People Property Market
October 9, 2017

Ibadan, the capital city of Oyo State, is presently enjoying a serious boom in the real estate sector of the state. There has been an impressive turnaround in the sector unlike before. The obvious evidence of this development is how major players in the industry are now coming to Ibadan, to tap into the limitless opportunities the city can offer because the environment is peaceful and quite cheaper to run a business compared to Lagos and Abuja.

Though most of them have their offices in those aforementioned places but the land seems to be greener in Ibadan; there are so many lands and new areas to develop. That was the potential the likes of Alhaji Tunde Ologburo’s Quikborn Nig. Ltd; Otunba Olumide Oshunshina and his Megamund Nig. Ltd (Carton Gate Estates) and few others saw long before now to have hugely invested in Ibadan real estate sector. Before Adron Homes & Properties and others lately joined the fray, they have all contributed to the development of that sector in building serene, classy estates with irresistible amenities which can be bought at reasonable prices, depending on one’s level and taste. This is in addition to the existing Government Reser ved Areas/Estates and privately owned estates.

We also have other developers in Ibadan apart from the popular ones that are doing wonderfully well in the industry too. Out of these estates however, there are some that are very popular. Those that you don’t have to live in Ibadan to reckon with.

While some of them are old estates built by the government, some are newly developed estates with master piece architectural designs. But guess what? Some of these estates don’t come cheap, they are exclusively for the super rich and influential personalities. In this special report however, City People Correspondent, Dare Adeniran presents to you 10 most popular estates where the rich live in Ibadan and why they are the most talked about. Read on.

OKE AGALA ESTATE

The total turnaround story of Oke-Agala Estate located at the notorious Igbo-Agala Yemetu area of Ibadan which used to serve as hideout of hoodlums, ritualists and men of the underworld, is quite an interesting one. Now it has been fully developed and a plot of land is sold there as high as over 20 million naira. It is a well structured estate with good road network and several amenities.

IKOLABA GRA

This is one of the few government reserved areas where the rich and powerful celebrities live in Ibadan. It is highly exclusive for people who can afford it. This is where we have Nigeria Customs Service, Federal Secretariat, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and others.

IYAGANKU GRA

Iyaganku G.R.A is exclusive for super rich and powerful people. It is a residential neighbourhood with breathtaking structures. This is where the likes of Chief Kola Daisi, Chief Bayo Adelabu, Senator Folarin and many influential people live in Ibadan. Glo Chairman, Chief Mike Adenuga also has his home (Gold Digger’s Place) within the estate. Many expertrates also live there. In fact, Iyaganku G.R.A is called billionaire G.R.A in Ibadan, with high tech infra structural facilities including a fully armed neighbourhood police station.

ALALUBOSA GRA

It won’t be out of line to describe Alalubo as Magodo of Ibadan. The estate is famous for being a place for the classy people. The selling point of the place, apart from the beautiful landscape, is the fact that it has large coverage areas, which now house many privately-owned estates, thereby making properties in this area a hot cake, as a plot of land is sold as high as 25 million naira, while landed property with structure goes for 35 to 40 million naira.

KOLAPO ISHOLA ESTATE

This is another fast developing estate near Akobo/General Gas axis. Though it was abandoned for many years but the estate has bounced back and it has since become developers’ favourite construction site, due to its location and space. Both land and developed property have turned gold here. Selling point of the estate however is the fact that its main road leads back to Dizzengolf, along Iwo-road. A plot land with C of O Title in this estate can’t be sold for less than 12 million naira.

AERODROME ESTATE

When the former Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, proposed to convert the then abandoned Samonda local airport to a housing estate, many came against the idea but today the place has risen to become one of the most expensive and fast growing estates in Ibadan. At the initial stage, a plot of land was sold for about 3 million. But now the same land goes for between 15, 17 and 30 million, depending on location and sizes. Aerodrome GRA is a hot cake due to its location; it is on a well tarred major road, along Ojo Express road and a few metres away from the University of Ibadan. Privately owned estates are also springing up within the estate almost everyday.

JERICHO

This is another government-owned estate in Ibadan and its existence is dated back to the colonial era. But now many new structures are springing up every now and then. In fact, Odua group, in partnership with a privately owned real estate company, recently constructed two beautiful estates within the estate.

ONIREKE GRA

Though it is a mixture of rich individuals living in Onireke GRA but the estate is known to be populated by Lebanese in Ibadan and that has been the case for a very long time now, perhaps because of its closeness to Dugbe (Central Business District) where most of their companies/businesses are located. It is a fully developed high brow/low density residential hub. Land or property here is quite expensive too.

AGODI GRA

Apart from being a residential estate for the powerful people, Agodi GRA prides itself as a clean and serene environment. In fact, it could be best described as the seat and home of power. This is where the Oyo State Secretariat, Governor’s office and house, the Deputy Governor’s house and the First Lady’s office, Army Officers Mess are all located. It also has the prominent Justice Wale Babalakin crescent where a plot of land goes for 50 million and above.

BODIJA ESTATE

Bodija is one of the oldest and most popular estates in Ibadan. It has old and new sides mostly with old structures, especially the old Bodija side. New Bodija is an improved phase of the the estate with mind-blowing structures. What however can’t be taken away from the estate is the fact that it is a peaceful, cool area for some highly placed people in the society. Bodija is fully occupied and one can hardly get free land except for the very few transfers from old owners. A property here costs nothing less than 25 to 30 million naira.

AKOBO ESTATE

This estate is no doubt one of the biggest in Ibadan; it has many phases within it. There is General Gas, Akala Way and other privately developed estates within it. Here you see master piece structures just like the other high tech estates around and property/land doesn’t come cheap there. A plot of land goes for 20 million naira and above, depending on the part of the estate. Akobo, especially the Akala Way, started enjoying massive boom when ex-Gov. Adebayo Alao Akala upgraded the road that links Kute, Olorunda back to Akobo-Ojurin. Hence the raod was named “Akala Way”. Akobo has also become real estate investors’ favourite site as it now houses many privately developed estates.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Things on ground.

clearly you are Ibo and a liar

The federal troops did go well into Akwa Cross and captured it ALL

6 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Obamaofusa: 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Things on ground.

The West that had Oyo Empire would not survive?
It is the West that won the war for Nigeria.
Remember that only not up to 200 Yoruba warriors defeated your Lilly livered battalions of biafrans at Ore.
Remember also that only Ibadan defeated hundred thousands of cowardly combination of fulanis and hausas at the Jalumi war.

Afonja was the power and the only warrior in the cowardly fulanis army with a few Yorubas.After the fulanis killed Afonja trecheously,they became their original cowardly,shivering,ready to flee into the forest cowards.
Ibadan only decimated them decisively just like the cowardly Igbos were decimated cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Remember that only not up to 200 Yoruba warriors defeated your Lilly livered battalions of biafrans.
Remember also that only Ibadan defeated hundred thousands of cowardly combination of fulanis and hausas at the Jalumi war.

Afonja was the power and the only warrior in the cowardly fulanis army with a few Yorubas.After the fulanis killed Afonja trecheously,they became their original cowardly,shivering,ready to flee into the forest cowards.
Ibadan only decimated them decisively just like the cowardly Igbos were decimated cheesy
cheesy
Ngorgor Abi Wetin be your name? cheesy
Oh! Ngorbungor grin
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by aribisala0(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2021
Everyday you start another stupid thread, we chastise you and you repeat the same stupid cycle all over again

4 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Buckeyemedia1: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Things on ground.

That is true, they are not that stupid to commit mass suicidal genocide on themselves. The wise see disaster & avoids it, The Fools walk straight into it.

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Newton85: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:

First that region was named as the South Eastern State and was a major theatre of war and starvation,

Stop the falsehood
The werey you just replied is a bloody Eboe impostor masquerading as Akwa Ibom. His post history shows him to be anti-Niger Delta, anti-Yoruba but always pro-Ibo. We sabi dem wella, dem be werey.

3 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Newton85: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:

Lol, the IPOB werey has been bursted. You need to see his post history to know that he's just a flattie masquerading as what he's not.

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
That is true, they are not that stupid to commit mass suicidal genocide on themselves. The wise see disaster & avoids it, The Fools walk straight into it.
Yes. I'm not gonna insult the west but even Countries go to war for freedom.. fighting for your freedom and loosing is stupidness it bravery something the west seems to lack ( no offence)
France fought for their freedom( I mean the people of France from their kings etc)
Many countries fought not to be subjugated under Hitler...that not stupidness.
I can give you countries that had to fight wars to be free, to be on their own...
It doesn't matter...just keep trying..one day it will work weather peacefully or otherwise and those who died for the cause will be remembered
That's bravery!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by Ngorbungor(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obamaofusa:

NEWS
October 9, 2017

Ibadan, the capital city of Oyo State, is presently enjoying a serious boom in the real estate sector of the state. There has been an impressive turnaround in the sector unlike before. The obvious evidence of this development is how major players in the industry are now coming to Ibadan, to tap into the limitless opportunities the city can offer because the environment is peaceful and quite cheaper to run a business compared to Lagos and Abuja.

Though most of them have their offices in those aforementioned places but the land seems to be greener in Ibadan; there are so many lands and new areas to develop. That was the potential the likes of Alhaji Tunde Ologburo’s Quikborn Nig. Ltd; Otunba Olumide Oshunshina and his Megamund Nig. Ltd (Carton Gate Estates) and few others saw long before now to have hugely invested in Ibadan real estate sector. Before Adron Homes & Properties and others lately joined the fray, they have all contributed to the development of that sector in building serene, classy estates with irresistible amenities which can be bought at reasonable prices, depending on one’s level and taste. This is in addition to the existing Government Reser ved Areas/Estates and privately owned estates.

We also have other developers in Ibadan apart from the popular ones that are doing wonderfully well in the industry too. Out of these estates however, there are some that are very popular. Those that you don’t have to live in Ibadan to reckon with.

While some of them are old estates built by the government, some are newly developed estates with master piece architectural designs. But guess what? Some of these estates don’t come cheap, they are exclusively for the super rich and influential personalities. In this special report however, City People Correspondent, Dare Adeniran presents to you 10 most popular estates where the rich live in Ibadan and why they are the most talked about. Read on.

OKE AGALA ESTATE

The total turnaround story of Oke-Agala Estate located at the notorious Igbo-Agala Yemetu area of Ibadan which used to serve as hideout of hoodlums, ritualists and men of the underworld, is quite an interesting one. Now it has been fully developed and a plot of land is sold there as high as over 20 million naira. It is a well structured estate with good road network and several amenities.

IKOLABA GRA

This is one of the few government reserved areas where the rich and powerful celebrities live in Ibadan. It is highly exclusive for people who can afford it. This is where we have Nigeria Customs Service, Federal Secretariat, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and others.

IYAGANKU GRA

Iyaganku G.R.A is exclusive for super rich and powerful people. It is a residential neighbourhood with breathtaking structures. This is where the likes of Chief Kola Daisi, Chief Bayo Adelabu, Senator Folarin and many influential people live in Ibadan. Glo Chairman, Chief Mike Adenuga also has his home (Gold Digger’s Place) within the estate. Many expertrates also live there. In fact, Iyaganku G.R.A is called billionaire G.R.A in Ibadan, with high tech infra structural facilities including a fully armed neighbourhood police station.

ALALUBOSA GRA

It won’t be out of line to describe Alalubo as Magodo of Ibadan. The estate is famous for being a place for the classy people. The selling point of the place, apart from the beautiful landscape, is the fact that it has large coverage areas, which now house many privately-owned estates, thereby making properties in this area a hot cake, as a plot of land is sold as high as 25 million naira, while landed property with structure goes for 35 to 40 million naira.

KOLAPO ISHOLA ESTATE

This is another fast developing estate near Akobo/General Gas axis. Though it was abandoned for many years but the estate has bounced back and it has since become developers’ favourite construction site, due to its location and space. Both land and developed property have turned gold here. Selling point of the estate however is the fact that its main road leads back to Dizzengolf, along Iwo-road. A plot land with C of O Title in this estate can’t be sold for less than 12 million naira.

AERODROME ESTATE

When the former Governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, proposed to convert the then abandoned Samonda local airport to a housing estate, many came against the idea but today the place has risen to become one of the most expensive and fast growing estates in Ibadan. At the initial stage, a plot of land was sold for about 3 million. But now the same land goes for between 15, 17 and 30 million, depending on location and sizes. Aerodrome GRA is a hot cake due to its location; it is on a well tarred major road, along Ojo Express road and a few metres away from the University of Ibadan. Privately owned estates are also springing up within the estate almost everyday.

JERICHO

This is another government-owned estate in Ibadan and its existence is dated back to the colonial era. But now many new structures are springing up every now and then. In fact, Odua group, in partnership with a privately owned real estate company, recently constructed two beautiful estates within the estate.

ONIREKE GRA

Though it is a mixture of rich individuals living in Onireke GRA but the estate is known to be populated by Lebanese in Ibadan and that has been the case for a very long time now, perhaps because of its closeness to Dugbe (Central Business District) where most of their companies/businesses are located. It is a fully developed high brow/low density residential hub. Land or property here is quite expensive too.

AGODI GRA

Apart from being a residential estate for the powerful people, Agodi GRA prides itself as a clean and serene environment. In fact, it could be best described as the seat and home of power. This is where the Oyo State Secretariat, Governor’s office and house, the Deputy Governor’s house and the First Lady’s office, Army Officers Mess are all located. It also has the prominent Justice Wale Babalakin crescent where a plot of land goes for 50 million and above.

BODIJA ESTATE

Bodija is one of the oldest and most popular estates in Ibadan. It has old and new sides mostly with old structures, especially the old Bodija side. New Bodija is an improved phase of the the estate with mind-blowing structures. What however can’t be taken away from the estate is the fact that it is a peaceful, cool area for some highly placed people in the society. Bodija is fully occupied and one can hardly get free land except for the very few transfers from old owners. A property here costs nothing less than 25 to 30 million naira.

AKOBO ESTATE

This estate is no doubt one of the biggest in Ibadan; it has many phases within it. There is General Gas, Akala Way and other privately developed estates within it. Here you see master piece structures just like the other high tech estates around and property/land doesn’t come cheap there. A plot of land goes for 20 million naira and above, depending on the part of the estate. Akobo, especially the Akala Way, started enjoying massive boom when ex-Gov. Adebayo Alao Akala upgraded the road that links Kute, Olorunda back to Akobo-Ojurin. Hence the raod was named “Akala Way”. Akobo has also become real estate investors’ favourite site as it now houses many privately developed estates.

Oga leave store for the gods, Oyo bigger than South East and Ibadan can't boost of functional airport waiting for an Igbo man (Air-peace) to come and "rejuvenate her local economy" Said by your governor

Imo airport alone take in more than six airline per day while Ibadan only has one (Over-land Airline) which run three time in a week.

Is this not a shame as you claim Oyo is bigger then it's should have a higher economy indices than a state in the east, but here you are deceiving your generation

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Remember that only not up to 200 Yoruba warriors defeated your Lilly livered battalions of biafrans.

shhhh !! Stop lying it was the benue and people like plateau that won that war for Nigeria...in fact, what I'm I saying Nigeria didn't really win the war.. you were loosing soldiers like mad till someone came up with a genius idea for a "Blockade"

And with the British military ships etc you successfully did the blocking making 3 million die of starvation thereby making BIAFRA surrender.. but anyways all is fair in love and war so lets consider that a victory cause ideas win wars too.

But abeg lily-livered west didn't do anything shinping ...even obasenjo was nearly killed in the East..

The biafrans soldiers killed more Nigerian soldiers than vice versa.. let say something between 5-9 .... biafrans kill 9... Nigeria 5.

By the way is it same Oyo empire Fulanis nearly annexed if not for God... Same Oyo empire the fulani defeated in a war in 1857 abi much earlier ( have forgotten) , burnt down the kingdom etc?...
Something we were thought in our basic history
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
shhhh !! Stop lying it was the benue and people like plateau that won that war for Nigeria...in fact, what I'm I saying Nigeria didn't really win the war.. you were loosing soldiers like mad till someone came up with a genius idea for a "Blockade"

And with the British military ships etc you successfully did the blocking making 3 million die of starvation thereby making BIAFRA surrender.. but anyways all is fair in love and war so lets consider that a victory cause ideas win wars too.

But abeg lily-livered west didn't do anything shinping ...even obasenjo was nearly killed in the East..

The biafrans soldiers killed more Nigerian soldiers than vice versa.. let say something between 5-9 .... biafrans kill 9... Nigeria 5.

By the way is it same Oyo empire Fulanis nearly annexed if not for God... Same Oyo empire the fulani defeated in a war in 1857 abi much earlier ( have forgotten) , burnt down the kingdom etc?...
lol
Even the British knows that without the blockade the war might not have been won
Yoruba uses brain where you as an eboe uses hands

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:

It you that is a liar oga..
The federal Troops only went into Igbo land killing and destroying...
They didn't go through Akwa ibom land so deep.

I can show you many houses that we're built in Akwa ibom before the war and are still standing...a whole lot.
But in Igbo land no stone was left upon a stone.

Say I'm Igbo if you like...e no concern!

Afo abeng nfana adi ....mbo ayem e concern me but I just want to put things in perspective.
Go and ask an Akwa ibomite to tell you the meaning
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:

lol
I just dey look you
U think Dan fodio came to dance? grin
Na God save alaeboe
E for don show una pepper
The only land we lost (Ilorin) was because of Afonja a Yoruba
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
NGpatriot:

At the end of the day, you end up with ipob/esn/ugm, your own homegrown terrorists slaughtering, killing and beheading your own ibo people and burning down your own towns and villages.

The SE is the poorest, most barren and unproductive region in Nigeria, every man and woman can not wait to collect enough money for ekenedilishuku bus to get the hell out of that poor region for survival in Yoruba or Hausa land..

That's what you keep deceiving yourself with.. the easterners are every where even in countries or cities that Aba is better dan...it simply business.

By the way you called the East the most poorest region and yet international bodies disagree with you saying the East has a higher per capital income than others part of NIGERIA including your darling north they term the most poorest region in the country and even your west when you remove Lagos..lol

Your hatred for igbos won't stop their shine you hear?

I stand by my words... Yoruba won't survive a civil war...they won't be able to come back from it like the Igbos do..

2 Likes

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
It you that is a liar oga..
The federal Troops only went into Igbo land killing and destroying...
They didn't go through Akwa ibom land so deep.

I can show you many houses that we're built in Akwa ibom before the war and are still standing...a whole lot.
But in Igbo land no stone was left upon a stone.

Say I'm Igbo if you like...e no concern!

Afo abeng nfana adi ....mbo ayem e concern me but I just want to put things in perspective.
Go and ask an Akwa ibomite to tell you the meaning
you're IPOB
You are Eboe

Stop decieving yourself grin
Why una dey like impersonate anyhow angry grin
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ngorbungor:

They didn't even see or hear common knockout sound and there region looks like watin them curse, with nonsense IGR, if that is what highest IGR mean we rather continue with poor IGR ......
lol...Nigeria have the highest IGR in Africa and yet many African countries have a higher per Capital income than Nigeria..
That's same thing happening to the west.. they have the higher igr but when you remove Lagos for instance( whicheveryone contribute) then compare the rest Western States Per capital with the East they large fall short...reasons why doing lockdown we see what happened in their lands...lol
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
That's what you keep deceiving yourself with.. the easterners are every where even in countries or cities that Aba is better dan...it simply business.

By the way you called the East the most poorest region and yet international bodies disagree with you saying the East has a higher per capital income than others part of NIGERIA including your darling north they term the most poorest region in the country and even your west when you remove Lagos..lol

Your hatred for igbos won't stop their shine you hear?

I stand by my words... Yoruba won't survive a civil war...they won't be able to come back from it like the Igbos do..
can you prove that trash? grin
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by theTranscriber: 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
ifiokjohn:
lol...Nigeria have the highest IGR in Africa and yet many African countries have a higher per Capital income than Nigeria..
That's same thing happening to the west.. they have the higher igr but when you remove Lagos for instance( whicheveryone contribute) then compare the rest Western States Per capital with the East they large fall short...reasons why doing lockdown we see what happened in their lands...lol
Nigeria has 200 million people

Don't be dumb
Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:

Stop the falsehood
Oga shut up. I'm from Akwa ibom and I said I can take you to Akwa ibom and show you houses...100s of 100s built before the war and they are still standing till today....

You know my state pass me? Afo anioro state ami akana ami? ( do you know my state more than me?)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by ifiokjohn(m): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
Yoruba wouldn't have gone to war in the first place
Eboes are too boastful
That's why they fought and lost

I'll let you go because you're not Igbo
I for don lecture you cheesy grin
World for freedom and loosing isn't bad...it bravery.
Don't sit down and accept nonsense simply cause you re scare...that's the west talk.

If it was the westerners that was killed in the north like the Igbo as at then.. in pretty sure the west will go and beg for peace etc...

Freedom isn't given.. it taken peacefully or forcefully.
Cause the west lack the mindset to take the bull by the horn doesn't mean the East shouldn't..
Not everyone are cowards!!

Anyways despite their lands being destroyed no stone left upon a stone...see how they have built it reach. I'm sure the west won't have been able too.

They don't have the Easterners belief system, mindsets and fighting spirit... They will just be relatively better than serria Leone

1 Like

Re: How The Igbos Came Out Of The War Of Genocide To Be The Richest Tribe In Nigeria by bomb24: 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
Obamaofusa:

NEWS
October 9, 2017

OKE AGALA ESTATE

IKOLABA GRA

IYAGANKU GRA

ALALUBOSA GRA

KOLAPO ISHOLA ESTATE

AERODROME ESTATE

JERICHO

ONIREKE GRA

AGODI GRA

BODIJA ESTATE

AKOBO ESTATE

bloody idiot bragging about estate while 90% of Ibadan lies in ruins and dilapidated buildings..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fashola To Endorse New Lagos Traffic Law Thursday / A Bigger Batch Of Chibok Girls Will Soon Be Released, Says Lai / Police DSP Murdered In Rivers State Election (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.