Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? (32669 Views)

After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? / The Face Of The Guy Who Rejected A Lady's Proposal & Ran Away (Pictured) / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by topoftheworld(m): 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:

My dear. My mum's very close friend is struggling to raise three girls cause her husband ran away, say she no born boy.

All children is from God, we have female doing grate and making their parents proud, it all depends on how u brought them up..
That idea of male child that some of genders bring to marriage is so annoyed to me.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Romanoff(f): 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
topoftheworld:

All children is from God, we have female doing grate and making their parents proud, it all depends on how u brought them up..
That idea of male child that some of genders bring to marriage is so annoyed to me.

Not all men understand this.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by sisisioge: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
1. I was older and he was igbo( well, I guess I wasnt ready to fight for him)

2. He was too laid back about growth. It would have been my job to be the man of the union. I love being a woman.

It is well....dating can be beautiful especially when the parties are amiable, cool headed and the sexx is great. Wahala starts wearing agenda when marriage talk enters...may God help us.

10 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by TheRedpillguy: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
siofra:
He was a redpiller

Tueh!!!
He was not, if he was he wouldn't be asking you about marriage stop the lies.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Oturatetuala(m): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
*Good afternoon everyone*�‍♂️�‍♂️�‍♂️
mega odds arrived* ✌️First Game Starts by 21:00pm I need only 3 slots*
*5k half payment per slot complete the rest after Winning*
*DM*
*O8136405483
����
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Omoluabiii(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
We weren't dating. We were just good friends, so the planned surprise proposal was shocking

When I got a hint of what was happening, I didn't show up.

When we talked about it later, I still didn't want to. The man had identity crisis, plus a patriarchal disposition I wouldn't be comfortable with in a life-long partner.

you both were good friends,
and when he proposed to you, you reject it, because he has identity issues?
What is the good in him initially, that makes you say, you were good friends?

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by baby124: 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
TheRedpillguy:

He was not, if he was he wouldn't be asking you about marriage stop the lies.
Your fellow association of redpillers are the ones that like marriage the most. When they are rejected, they carry red piller banner till they find the next girl to force or deceive into marriage.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by topoftheworld(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Fejimummy:
One said that I should drop out of uniben in 300 level to attend yabatech because he lives in yaba... Who does that
( grin cheesy cheesy
He wants to ruin ur career in ur own eye
Bcus Las Las ,he will still dumped U
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by AgreatMan: 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:

Nah. Not on strong opinions like children. I am mature enough to tolerate mistakes made by my partner cause I'm not perfect. But a man who holds strong opinions on something that can mar a marriage isn't one to be taken lightly.

If such a man married your sister and they are unable to have male children, how do intend to convince him it's him who determines the sex of their children?

Would you be happy if your sister was thrown out of the house by such a man or if the man goes out to look for a supposed male child?

Think deeply about this.

There is more to that story, perhaps, the male child thing was the final straw or ur excuse to cut him off.

Every man wants to have a male child.

If u were raised in a different environment where husbands didn't divorce their wives cos of male child, you would have married d guy regardless of his male child opinion.

Was the guy making a ridiculous request or was your opinion about male children shaped by your environment? There is more to this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Klass99(f): 2:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
smiley

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Avviala: 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
justscorchone:

This is not a made up gist or baseless talk, I know this women reach house, I’m pro women but then I’m just stating what I know is a common thing amongst your folks, y’all should sit down well and select who y’all want to settle down with and stop looking for flaws and making petty excuses and still come out to say all men are trash or there are no decent men out there. When y’all are more interested in fine boy with finances.

Isn't that the same way you guys go for a pretty lady? What's wrong with wanting a good looking man with money? Administrator of women affairs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Rosement(f): 2:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kalatium:
Ladies what was your reason?

Mods pls move this to Fp , lets learn.

Don't propose to a lady until you are sure she wants to be your wife. A friend of mine once asked me how I would feel if he propose to me, I was honest with him, I told him that I only see him as friend and nothing more. We were close, he might have assumed I was interested in him.

Don't guess, find out. You can make your marriage proposal a surprise but don't take your partner completely off guard, don't let your proposal come out of the blue.

Make sure you and your partner are on the same page, you guys must have already discussed issues relating to marriage. That does not mean your marriage proposal will not come as a surprise, to propose find a time and a manner that your partner won't be suspecting.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by neyoohhh: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
ceaser:

Keloids, though can be repulsive when florid, but they are not something unsurmountable. He should have found out more how to get them removed without recurrence. And sincerely I feel you could have helped him out with researching on how to remove that little minus.

I know of a guy who was dating a pretty lady but with bad dentition, and I mean very bad dentition as in the type that will shame Evi Edna Ogholi's. Her incicors were literarily jutting out, pushing her upper and lower lips forward.

What did the guy do? He simply went with her to see a dentist and paid for the treatment to have her put on braces. Just for a few months and now she can smile beautifully without worrying about people wincing. They are now with kids, beautiful kids.

Another one was so thin tongue and doesn't have a masculine voice. So i always felt I was talking to a girl or small boy.

This is nothing but the truth.

No mind them, they don't bring anything valuable.

Imagine rejecting a guy based on keloids or thinness, thing's that can be fixed, infact a bonding play for women.

She could have educated him on how to fix it, the thin guy can be fed..

Na craze man dey marry naija girls, thank God for my oyinbo partner, she sees something she doesn't like about me , she fixes it in a subtle non egoistical way.

Eg. Wanted me to be muscular, she just started buying home gym equipment without saying anything, before I knew it, I was already playing with the equipment's. A bonding strategy, too big for poverty minded people to grasp.

11 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by BarrElChapo(m): 2:10pm On Aug 24, 2021
Rosement:

Don't propose to a lady until you are sure she wants to be your wife. A friend of mine once asked me how I would feel if he propose to me, I was honest with him, I told him that I only see him as friend and nothing more. We were close, he might have assumed I was interested in him.

Don't guess, find out. You can make your marriage proposal a surprise but don't take your partner completely off guard, don't let your proposal come out of the blue.

Make sure you and your partner are on the same page, you guys must have already discussed issues relating to marriage. That does not mean your marriage proposal will not come as a surprise, to propose find a time and a manner that your partner won't be suspecting.

How can it be that you guys would go from friends to proposing ? I thought its friends to dating etc

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by The5DME(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
The number of women who've commented on this thread ain't up to 10.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
blessuponetime:

See you in Shiloh very soon, best believe.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Alexaonfleek: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
blendz4real:
Nigerian girls! Make una dey dia dey luk 4 100% perfect man until una reach 40yrs wey menopause begin ask una out. Na him una go recognize say what God cannot do does not exist. Anyways, b4 accepting anyone's marriage proposal b careful 2 seek God's counsel. Always rmba dat not every man dat can pay ur bride price is ur husband. I come in peace, but if u need a reparation 4my comment den "let me c wat I can do."
Your post is so unreadable
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by ziondaughter247: 2:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
I knew him for many years, but throughout those years, I never saw him grow or do anything to improve himself and his financial situation. Very laid back fellow. I could remember trying to encourage him to take some courses, do this or do that. He refused. I'm not even sure he went back to finish his degree after having an extra year. Always looking for quick and easy money. This guy got a job back then were they were paying him 70k. I was so happy because I felt at least this is start of greater things, I myself was on a salary of just 50k back then. Do you know before we knew what was happening, this guy resigned and said he cannot do this '70k' job, that he wants to travel out. Is it not when you have something on hand, you can then plan for travel incase of incasity. I was so shocked and disappointed, but at that point something died in me about this guy. I didn't need anyone to tell me that this guy will become a liability in future.

If he had endured and grown through the ranks, he would have been somewhere today. I earn far much better now, if he had been patient, he would have also been doing well. Funny enough, he still never travel

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:
Hmmnn.

Might not be a proposal but someone who claimed he wanted a relationship with me cause he wants to marry me said something when we were getting to know each other. This is what he said that made me turn back and face my father's house, "I am sorry to say this, but a man is not complete without a male child".

Since I knew that I didn't have a store house for male children nor did I have a guarantee of bearing him a son, I told him I wasn't interested in the relationship or marriage.

To my surprise, dude insisted on knowing why I turned him down after some months, I told him his comment about male children put me off. He tried to convince me he didn't mean it the way I saw it but I just wasn't convinced.

You're smart.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Romanoff(f): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
AgreatMan:

There is more to that story, perhaps, the male child thing was the final straw or ur excuse to cut him off.

Every man wants to have a male child.

If u were raised in a different environment where husbands didn't divorce their wives cos of male child, you would have married d guy regardless of his male child opinion.

Was the guy making a ridiculous request or was your opinion about male children shaped by your environment? There is more to this.

Tbh, that was the deal breaker. There wasn't anything else. I thought long and hard about that statement over and over again and concluded I couldn't just ignore it.

I take words very seriously.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by The5DME(m): 2:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
Ishilove come and talk yours.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Randy100: 2:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
JovialJune:

Explain advanced biology to us mister scientist, with graphical quotations, verified links and concrete research, not something from your ass.
If you are a good biology student, you will know that each ejaculate has an equal amount of both x and y chromosome. A man is giving his wife the equal amount that can either give a boy or girl, whatever happens to the sperm inside a woman should be solely her fault grin I come in violence, peace is overated.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by The5DME(m): 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
Randy100:
If you are a good biology student, you will know that each ejaculate has an equal amount of both x and y chromosome. A man is giving his wife the equal amount that can either give a boy or girl, whatever happens to the sperm inside a woman should be solely her fault grin I come in violence, peace is overated.
bros free he girl na, na by force? angry

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Rosement(f): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2021
BarrElChapo:

How can it be that you guys would go from friends to proposing ? I thought its friends to dating etc
Friendship doesn't exclude dating. What matters is bettering a friendship, then could lead to becoming partners but not necessarily, as in my case.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Mrlouis: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
post=105129561:
We just asked the closest female around us now and she says "He refused to buy me BARBECUE on the day of the proposal!!"
shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is well!!
JUST SEE HOW DRY AND STUP!D YOUR JOKES ARE

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Balistic4: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
JADEK04:
First time I gave a lady a ring in my life,
She rejected it,
And I can never never in my life does that again,
Her reason was that
Is too early for me to do that....that she need a time to think and decide.

why are you running grin grin grin over speeding kills

onye highway jam street babe grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by neyoohhh: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2021
The5DME:
The number of women who've commented on this thread ain't up to 10.

Perhaps they've lost interest in marriage, what's left is business proposal's.

tongue
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Randy100: 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:

Well, he didn't come to beg. He came to find out why. He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to mine. It doesn't mean I'm feeling myself.

I am married and I believe he's well on his way to getting married or even married already.

So why e dey pain you?
It is well.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by JovialJune(f): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
Randy100:

You are so unintelligent I actually pity your parents who wasted educational funds on you,

Didn't I specifically warn you not to spring up thoughts from your ass

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
JovialJune:

Thank you, which will eventually come when I'm above 50 with my husband by side and grandkids.

So take your nastiness and baselessness to your female siblings and mother at home.

Very typical Naija woman mentality, once you run out of shit to say you insult the mother's , with how foul mouthed you are that husband will soon kick your disrespectful ass for a foreign woman. Keep thinking you are all that, when na manage we dey manage you.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by DeHill(m): 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:

Not all of us go about fornicating all over the place.

Now bye.
Is it a VAGINA person saying this?
Retired ho.e spotted?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by MufasaLion: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
We weren't dating. We were just good friends, so the planned surprise proposal was shocking

When I got a hint of what was happening, I didn't show up.

When we talked about it later, I still didn't want to. The man had identity crisis, plus a patriarchal disposition I wouldn't be comfortable with in a life-long partner.

Was he a simp or just dumb or just ready to be laughed at? How could he have had such plan without even dating you? Did he think you were gullible?

Some men can be daft.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

We Are Engaged, But Im Having Doubts, Pls I Need Your Advice / There Is Nothing Like "True Love" / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.