Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? (32636 Views)

After Rejecting Marriage Proposal, What Happens Next? / The Face Of The Guy Who Rejected A Lady's Proposal & Ran Away (Pictured) / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Wait.

Are you telling the males on the forum something they should take note of?

It was not about money, or because another guy was having you behind his back, or because he was not tall, dark and handsome?

Please continue to educate them that their behavior is what puts off women, not their nonexistent finances.
Nice one. I am liking your own style of addressing the ladies' comments. grin
But I can bet they'll be here tomorrow, still tenaciously clinging onto their biases and beliefs about women. They few that'll pick something from this thread, will do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

Was he a simp or just dumb or just ready to be laughed at? How could he have had such plan without even dating you? Did he think you were gullible?

Some men can be daft.

He must have heard about his friends who went to a babe's village to pay her bride price without informing her.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Hathor5:

They will reject your proposal even when they clock 99.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabiii:

you both were good friends,
and when he proposed to you, you reject it, because he has identity issues?
What is the good in him initially, that makes you say, you were good friends?

There's a way you can be friends with someone and ignore certain things because it doesn't necessarily affect you.

But when they're looking to be a partner, it becomes a whole new ball game.

Let's say for instance, you have a friend who brags that she leaves plates in the kitchen for several days. It may not matter to you because it's her house her headache... But if she were to come live in your house, you won't tolerate it, right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2021
JIREN01:
Can you kindly clarify on what you mean by identity crisis?

Bears his mother's surname.

Tends to get swayed by other people's opinions.

Has a warped sense of what it means to be a man.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by MufasaLion: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

He must have heard about his friends who went to a babe's village to pay her bride price without informing her.

He should grow up. grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by MufasaLion: 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Bears his mother's surname.

Tends to get swayed by other people's opinions.

Has a warped sense of what it means to be a man.

Maybe he came from a broken home.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
MufasaLion:

Maybe he came from a broken home.

He didn't. His parents were married until death.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by MufasaLion: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

All right.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Kondomatic(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Wow. yOu DoN't MeAn ThIs. Kondomatic would disagree o. From a very justified logical stance. Mba. This must be in your imaginations.
Nwanyi Oma, what makes you think I would disagree?
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Esychem(f): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
I paid a visit for the first time. He came to pick me up, the car was extremely dirty and so messed. I got to his house, mosquito welcomed me in the parlour in their groups. I enter kitchen to fix something for my self... A big mess. I managed to clean the kitchen. Later I enter the bedroom and saw headquarters of cobweb. He drove out and came back later with mosquito fleet. I was encouraged to stay the night. OMO I did vigil that night killing varieties of mosquitoes, I even started crying, uncle no even send me o.
In the morning, I asked him to assist me so we clean the house, he was busy pressing phone. I kept calm. I later asked him why he don't clean, he said " he grew up with big sisters and house help, therefore he don't like cleaning, ordinary plate he ate with, he can't even wash it. He was not even encouraging me or motivating.
I left the house o politely and each time he calls to ask about the marriage stuff, I told him we can't be together. He said he will change but I cannot kill myself, treating malaria is expensive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kondomatic:
Nwanyi Oma, what makes you think I would disagree?

She must be lying, right? About men sending their wives away for giving birth to female children and not one male child? I mean. It mustn't mean the male child is more appreciated na? Nope. It can't be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

And he bears he mom's surname? I wonder why...
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
baby124:
Reasons why I rejected, Badly behaved in relationship. I never planned to b married to an irresponsible person. Those kind of people, they were just for trips.

Lack of financial discipline

Immaturity, lack of focus and direction in life.
and u couldn't discipline him financially
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
We weren't dating. We were just good friends, so the planned surprise proposal was shocking

When I got a hint of what was happening, I didn't show up.

When we talked about it later, I still didn't want to. The man had identity crisis, plus a patriarchal disposition I wouldn't be comfortable with in a life-long partner.
all this your grammar for second paragraph big ,break am down

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
JADEK04:
First time I gave a lady a ring in my life,
She rejected it,
And I can never never in my life does that again,
Her reason was that
Is too early for me to do that....that she need a time to think and decide.
she no first like u before

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
lastchild:
am I the only that notice that girls are no longer in nairaland, men always answering questions directed to women
Bec both genders can't hold a conversation for long without insults attached ,so I don't blame the ladies who also most times use male moniker

1 Like

Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2021
Fejimummy:
One said that I should drop out of uniben in 300 level to attend yabatech because he lives in yaba... Who does that
and he is educated
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by amrichy(m): 10:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:
Hmmnn.

Might not be a proposal but someone who claimed he wanted a relationship with me cause he wants to marry me said something when we were getting to know each other. This is what he said that made me turn back and face my father's house, "I am sorry to say this, but a man is not complete without a male child".

Since I knew that I didn't have a store house for male children nor did I have a guarantee of bearing him a son, I told him I wasn't interested in the relationship or marriage.

To my surprise, dude insisted on knowing why I turned him down after some months, I told him his comment about male children put me off. He tried to convince me he didn't mean it the way I saw it but I just wasn't convinced.

I think what the guy said is actually the bitter truth about how most African men (and women) see male children. Most likely, your current husband has the same opinion too, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will throw you out if "you don't" give him a male child or look elsewhere to find it. He will only do that if he is naturally irresponsible.
In my opinion, it was immature of you to have done what you did because of that singular reason. What he said should have generated an interesting discussion between you two (if you were mature). For instance, you could have asked him what he would do in case you guys don't have a male child (you might have then made your decision based on the answer he gives).
For some reason, the world system is highly patriarchal (and this is even more obvious in the Bible and the Quran which billions of people respect so much), so no one should really be blamed for valuing a male child (more than a female child) –we can't really help it.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Kondomatic(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

She must be lying, right? About men sending their wives away for giving birth to female children and not one male child? I mean. It mustn't mean the male child is more appreciated na? Nope. It can't be.
I don't understand you to be honest
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Romanoff(f): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
amrichy:

I think what the guy said is actually the bitter truth about how most African men (and women) see male children. Most likely, your current husband has the same opinion too, but that doesn't necessarily mean he will throw you out if "you don't" give him a male child or look elsewhere to find it. He will only do that if he is naturally irresponsible.
In my opinion, it was immature of you to have done what you did because of that singular reason. What he said should have generated an interesting discussion between you two (if you were mature). For instance, you could have asked him what he would do in case you guys don't have a male child (you might have then made your decision based on the answer he gives).
For some reason, the world system is highly patriarchal (and this is even more obvious in the Bible and the Quran which billions of people respect so much), so no one should really be blamed for valuing a male child (more than a female child) –we can't really help it.

There was no point. Not all women are lucky to here that kind of a strong opinion before marrying a man.

I count myself lucky that I knew early and had the choice to walk away.

My husband doesn't think that way. It's one of the many things I adore about him.

Thank you sir.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by baby124: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
larryking540:

and u couldn't discipline him financially
You can only help who wants to be helped. Some people are very arrogant about their bad traits. I am not his mother to sit down there and be begging him to change. We move. Every adult should be self aware and do a self audit.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
IamKizzbrown10:
A lot of men make that mistake prosposing to a girl, wen u knw u dnt have wat it takes to have her as a wife, maybe u only have wat she consider as bf and gf stuff and nt marriage. No reasonable lady will reject a man she knws he is capable of taking care of her and her unborn kid or call it a responsible man. But if a lady reject such man just knw that her villiage people ar on her matter. Thank u
sometimes a lady rejecting a man is of two things interms of marriage,
one it might be the guy isn't worth it ,but why date a gut up to the stage of proposal? cry
secondly village people involved some don't even know when they say no
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2021
baby124:

You can only help who wants to be helped. Some people are very arrogant about their bad traits. I am not his mother to sit down there and be begging him to change. We move. Every adult should be self aware and do a self audit.
and did u correct him openly,I mean I have met ladies,who can't correct instead they just walk away ,and if asked why ,they claim the guy is arrogant or doesn't listen,u and I Kno most ladies lack the ability to hold a Convo Instead prefer u read their brain or imagination
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by larryking540: 10:09pm On Aug 24, 2021
Omoluabiii:

you both were good friends,
and when he proposed to you, you reject it, because he has identity issues?
What is the good in him initially, that makes you say, you were good friends?
exactly ,I just tell people these days mostly guys just date a lady who loves u for who u are ,if u force your self on them just 6 months down the line na error she go just day read on you
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by baby124: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
larryking540:

and did u correct him openly,I mean I have met ladies,who can't correct instead they just walk away ,and if asked why ,they claim the guy is arrogant or doesn't listen,u and I Kno most ladies lack the ability to hold a Convo Instead prefer u read their brain or imagination
That’s the ladies you meet and he’s not my problem. I am sure someone else is his problem now. grin. I have chosen a less stressful choice. Thank God.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

And he bears he mom's surname? I wonder why...

Made my imaginations run wild, too. Because the reasons he gave weren't sound enough. The sort of a thing a sulking child would do.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by amrichy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2021
Romanoff:

There was no point. Not all women are lucky to here that kind of a strong opinion before marrying a man.
I count myself lucky that I knew early and had the choice to walk away.
It doesn't really matter whether you are lucky to hear it or not, it's simply the opinion most men have.

My husband doesn't think that way. It's one of the many things I adore about him.

Thank you sir.
Well, you may not know what your husband truly thinks until for instance your first three children are female. In fact, your husband himself may not know what he thinks until he finds himself in certain situation. There are some things we may not want to think, but that we are conditioned to think.
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
TWLifestyle:
how is someone eelse's divorce your problem though ?
I see you are a fan of divorce grin
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
Esychem:
I paid a visit for the first time. He came to pick me up, the car was extremely dirty and so messed. I got to his house, mosquito welcomed me in the parlour in their groups. I enter kitchen to fix something for my self... A big mess. I managed to clean the kitchen. Later I enter the bedroom and saw headquarters of cobweb. He drove out and came back later with mosquito fleet. I was encouraged to stay the night. OMO I did vigil that night killing varieties of mosquitoes, I even started crying, uncle no even send me o.
In the morning, I asked him to assist me so we clean the house, he was busy pressing phone. I kept calm. I later asked him why he don't clean, he said " he grew up with big sisters and house help, therefore he don't like cleaning, ordinary plate he ate with, he can't even wash it. He was not even encouraging me or motivating.
I left the house o politely and each time he calls to ask about the marriage stuff, I told him we can't be together. He said he will change but I cannot kill myself, treating malaria is expensive.
grin grin grin sad grin grin grin grin grin grin hahahahaha, some guys are just soooo dirty....Kai,
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Made my imaginations run wild, too. Because the reasons he gave weren't sound enough. The sort of a thing a sulking child would do.
What are the reasons? Can you mention them?
Re: Ladies Who Rejected Marriage Proposal, What Was Your Reason? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kondomatic:
I don't understand you to be honest

No worry.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fellow Nairalanders You All Are Specially Invited To My Wedding / 10 Signs That Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Is About To Dump You. / At What Point Do You Give Up On Chasing A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.