Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (851706 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
makano:
1. Mostly because they are not patient with the clinic sending the result to IRCC, the clinic doesn't send it that same day. probably a day or days after... So applicant tend to upload the medical slip given them that same day, probably when they get home... But the clinic will def send the results to IRCC...

2. Yes.. But make sure you state in your form (application) that you have done your medicals and its attached with your other documents..

3. There is particular duration of time, some get their Medical request weeks after, some get theirs Months after.. One of the applicants I guided 2 years ago got his Medical request after 8 months but got PPR 5 days after his Medical was passed...

So no particular timeline when it comes to Medicals or should I say when it comes to Canadian Visa pplicaion...

Peace

Thanks so much brother.
Appreciate you.

For the form, you mean my SOP bah? Stating the medical in my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2021
makano:
1. Mostly because they are not patient with the clinic sending the result to IRCC, the clinic doesn't send it that same day. probably a day or days after... So applicant tend to upload the medical slip given them that same day, probably when they get home... But the clinic will def send the results to IRCC...

2. Yes.. But make sure you state in your form (application) that you have done your medicals and its attached with your other documents..

3. There is particular duration of time, some get their Medical request weeks after, some get theirs Months after.. One of the applicants I guided 2 years ago got his Medical request after 8 months but got PPR 5 days after his Medical was passed...

So no particular timeline when it comes to Medicals or should I say when it comes to Canadian Visa pplicaion...

Peace

Thanks so much brother.
Appreciate you.

For the form, you mean my SOP bah? Stating the medical in my SOP.

Please, how do i book for the medicals and biometrics.
The site for the medicals is doing somehow and what do they mean by standard banks, is it any banks, am i to go to any bank and pay the money and the mail provided in the IOM instruction page, can i book an appointment through it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
Part 20! Yes oooo. It’s good to be here again and give back to the community that I gained so muccccch from. You all are part of my success story and may all PPR hopefuls keep hope alive.

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

I arrived at the airport around 4:30pm for my 8:30pm flight, with my hubby and big bro. Hubby went to park the vehicle, so I went into the airport with my bro. My bags (2 check in bags, 1 hand luggage and my laptop bag) were scanned at the entrance and the NDLEA guy then physically searched one of the bags and made their usual comments of "find something for me naa" but big bro just ignored them. We were then directed to the airline counter.

My bags were weighed and they were all within the limit allowed (had a scale at home). Hubby now came around, and with big bro they went to take care of wrapping the two check-in bags (I have heard stories of peoples' bags being tampered with). I then went for passenger profile/document verification. Everything went smoothly to the extent that one of the officers commended me for having all the required documents. After that, my bags were checked in and my boarding passes were issued. We then took care of FX and by then it was around 5:30pm. Hubby and big bro kept me company for another hour and after taking some pics, they then took their leave (I almost started crying when hubby was about to leave).
I then reminded myself of one of my many mantras: "EYES ON THE BALL"....lol.
I then went in for immigration checks, oh boy come and see line/queue. Finished that and went and sat down for boarding, which commenced a few minutes later.
The flight was 7hrs 20mins from Lagos to Doha (Qatar Airlines) and their food wasn't my thing, though I enjoyed the sausage and rice (with tiny bits of chicken). Drinks were also provided and in flight entertainment was okay.
We arrived Doha, and mennnn the hot air that heat my face when we disembarked na die. I quickly rushed to meet up with my connecting flight to Montreal (13hrs 15 mins from Doha to Montreal, next time it's European airline).

We arrived Montreal 2 and half hours to my next flight to Toronto. Immigration checks next- The queue here na die because the immigration officers on seat were very few and were not fast enough. We complained to one of the officers and we were told their is nothing they can do and that if we miss our flight, the airline will rebook at no extra cost. That calmed me down a bit, but CBSA were not fast enough.
While we were on the queue, an Asian/International student was not allowed to enter because CBSA could not verify her status on her school portal. Even after she told them she has already paid her fees. Oh boy, come see crying and begging, but no way. She was immediately booked on the next available flight back to her home country. E shock me ooo. I was like: abeg God, I don't mind missing my flight or even sleeping in this airport till the next morning for immigration to do their thing as long as I get stamped in.....lol.
My documents were eventually verified and my permits (Study and Work) were issued. I had to also do a Covid-19 arrival test free of charge and I was given a take home kit for my day 8 test. We were also advised to carry our checked-in luggages since we are switching to another airline. All these made me to miss my flight. So, the airline (Air Canada) rebooked my flight, checked in my bags and 1 hour 20 mins later I arrived Toronto.
At Toronto airport it took a while, but I eventually picked my bags and went out to meet my pick up.

Since I am not fully vaccinated (was only able to get the first dose of AstraZeneca), I am on 2 weeks (14 days) quarantine and I check in every morning with ArriveCAN and COVID-19 Alert apps. I am presently on day 4 of my quarantine. Currently online checking out places to rent, though I can't book appointments to view the property (quarantine wahala).

Hoping and praying that everything falls in place according to my plans in Jesus name. Amen!

To God be all the glory!

It will end in praise!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations

CHIKACIC:
Part 20! Yes oooo. It’s good to be here again and give back to the community that I gained so muccccch from. You all are part of my success story and may all PPR hopefuls keep hope alive.

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

I arrived at the airport around 4:30pm for my 8:30pm flight, with my hubby and big bro. Hubby went to park the vehicle, so I went into the airport with my bro. My bags (2 check in bags, 1 hand luggage and my laptop bag) were scanned at the entrance and the NDLEA guy then physically searched one of the bags and made their usual comments of "find something for me naa" but big bro just ignored them. We were then directed to the airline counter.

My bags were weighed and they were all within the limit allowed (had a scale at home). Hubby now came around, and with big bro they went to take care of wrapping the two check-in bags (I have heard stories of peoples' bags being tampered with). I then went for passenger profile/document verification. Everything went smoothly to the extent that one of the officers commended me for having all the required documents. After that, my bags were checked in and my boarding passes were issued. We then took care of FX and by then it was around 5:30pm. Hubby and big bro kept me company for another hour and after taking some pics, they then took their leave (I almost started crying when hubby was about to leave).
I then went in for immigration checks, oh boy come and see line/queue. Finished that and went and sat down for boarding, which commenced a few minutes later.
The flight was 7hrs 20mins from Lagos to Doha (Qatar Airlines) and their food wasn't my thing, though I enjoyed the sausage and rice (with tiny bits of chicken). Drinks were also provided and in flight entertainment was okay.
We arrived Doha, and mennnn the hot air that heat my face when we disembarked na die. I quickly rushed to meet up with my connecting flight to Montreal (13hrs 15 mins from Doha to Montreal, next time it's European airline).

We arrived Montreal 2 and half hours to my next flight to Toronto. Immigration checks next- The queue here na die because the immigration officers on seat were very few and were not fast enough. We complained to one of the officers and we were told their is nothing they can do and that if we miss our flight, the airline will rebook at no extra cost. That calmed me down a bit, but CBSA were not fast enough.
While we were on the queue, an Asian/International student was not allowed to enter because CBSA could not verify her status on her school portal. Even after she told them she has already paid her fees. Oh boy, come see crying and begging, but no way. She was immediately booked on the next available flight back to her home country. E shock me ooo. I was like: abeg God, I don't mind missing my flight or even sleeping in this airport till the next morning for immigration to do their thing as long as I get stamped in.....lol.
My documents were eventually verified and my permits (Study and Work) were issued. I had to also do a Covid-19 arrival test free of charge and I was given a take home kit for my day 8 test. We were also advised to carry our checked-in luggages since we are switching to another airline. All these made me to miss my flight. So, the airline (Air Canada) rebooked my flight, checked in my bags and 1 hour 20 mins later I arrived Toronto.
At Toronto airport it took a while, but I eventually picked my bags and went out to meet my pick up.

Since I am not fully vaccinated (was only able to get the first dose of AstraZeneca), I am on 2 weeks (14 days) quarantine and I check in every morning with ArriveCAN and COVID-19 Alert apps. I am presently on day 4 of my quarantine. Currently online checking out places to rent, though I can't book appointments to view the property (quarantine wahala).

Hoping and praying that everything falls in place according to my plans in Jesus name. Amen!

To God be all the glory!

It will end in praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

To God be all the glory!

It will end in praise!

May Canada favor you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congratulations. So happy for you.
For the passport, I guess it is still valid (I mean the expiry date is still till even some days after you arrive Canada (I guess you are resuming in September). If that's the case, then you can submit this passport. I'm saying so because even if you want to renew your passport in naija, I takes 3 week officially (it could be more depending). Meanwhile, your passport has to get to VFS within 1 month of PPR.
Do weigh all the options.
Wishing you all the best once again and hoping your spouse's own comes though soonest.

Daylight23:
Please can I renew my passport before sending it for stamping or must I use the one I applied with?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MadeMan01(m): 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
Enjay316:
Oga if I were u,I will just meet a digital photographer to snap me nd adjust it for me,then I save it on my devise and upload. note u have to give him or her the IRCC standard.its just #300 in Lagos here.if u want hard copy too then u will pay #500.someone some few months ago was refused for one reason .guess what?
grammatical errors. I was so furious with IRCC. u can imagine how the guy will feel.its frustrating sha.just b careful nd follow their specifications. our gurus here will always advise that.

Oga grammatical errors are a reflection of one's educational exposure. It's here in Nigeria we cut corners and justify grammatical errors with " English is not my father's language or mother tongue". If you are speaking Yoruba, Hausa or Efik, speak it well. If you are learning a new language, errors may be forgiven for leisure learning effort but for academic and professional purposes, the minimum standard should be adhered to because lectures will be dispensed in the English Language ( in this case).
One or two typographical errors can be explained via autocorrect and mis-keyed but a write up with numerous spelling errors, wrong use of tenses, no use of paragraphs or absence of punctuation marks, and absence of of technical professional jargons in a profession specific write up, does not show acquired knowledge. Please let us try to improve ourselves in any endeavour especially when applying to go to a country like Canada to maintain the standard they have and improve it for next generation.
See how bastardisation of standards has ruined education in the North? Numerous years of being classified as educationally disadvantaged since 80s till date and they are progressively getting worse save for the kids of the elite who can go abroad and compete on uniform standard of assesment. The may not be the best in their class, but are better than their peers in northern Nigeria when they open their mouth to talk

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2021
Enjay316:
for upfront medicals ,wen filling ur questionnaire as u are about to start ur application, they will ask you if you have done medical, once you answer yes, there will be a place to upload ur medical sheet.if u fill no,there wont be any place

for 2nd question, there is really no time frame this days to get medical request but wen they are 2ru with ur eligibility nd u pass,they will send u a request. for biometric,wen u book online or through chat,you can book your appointment less than 24hrs.i booked mine by past 3 PM yesterday and I got appointment for 10:50 today.

Ohh, so are you through with the biometrics? How many hours?
If am to book, i will like the appointment to be 2 days after cos am coming from a far distance so i can do it in the morning.

Do i need to book an hotel?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bertram87: 1:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Jojorito007:

Hi Tennie.. I also applied same day . Although mine is a little bit complicated as I also applied with my kids . I am still here but I already made a decision to start online as the school school allows me to start until November and can withdraw and get a refund if I am being denied by November . It seems like a good option for me . I am hoping that a miracle will happen between now and next week

Hello Jojorito007

Is your school Conestoga College?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2021
congratulations wink wink
maestro09:
PPR Alert! Will be back to drop my details

NSE request: IELTS submitted, NO MBS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Ohh, so are you through with the biometrics? How many hours?
If am to book, i will like the appointment to be 2 days after cos am coming from a far distance so i can do it in the morning.

Do i need to book an hotel?
I guess u dont live in lagos.if u do,u dont need to.just be there 20minutes before your appointment time and they will let you in.its not like qlife that they let everyone in irrespective of ur appointment time.if u live out side Lagos or Abuja and u dont have who to stay with,then u can book for hotel. the biometrics it self is less than 10 minutes but u have to wait ur turn.I spent about 1 hr 30 minutes from the time I entered but I got there about 1 hr to my appointment time,so had to wait outside as they did not let me in till 20 minutes to my time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elixosodi(f): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2021
Daylight23:
Good morning everyone. My PPR dropped this morning.

It appears the application had been approved already because few minutes after sending an email to the Nairobi office, the PPR dropped. Till now my Eligibility has not started, just shows final decision as approved. So sending mails may help.

Submitted Application May 17th

Congratulations
Upfront Medicals July 22nd
Correspondence letter and PPR August 27th

- A former colleague stood as my sponsor and gave her statement
- I included nothing showing personal assets (been out of work for over a year, so no bank statement)
- I am going for a PhD program (fully funded)
- I applied with my spouse (still awaiting his PPR)

God is able! Thank you for all the information on this page!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2021
Enjay316:
I guess u dont live in lagos.if u do,u dont need to.just be there 20minutes before your appointment time and they will let you in.its not like qlife that they let everyone in irrespective of ur appointment time.if u live out side Lagos or Abuja and u dont have who to stay with,then u can book for hotel. the biometrics it self is less than 10 minutes but u have to wait ur turn.I spent about 1 hr 30 minutes from the time I entered but I got there about 1 hr to my appointment time,so had to wait outside as they did not let me in till 20 minutes to my time

Oookay!

While booking for appointment online, can i pick any day of my choice or it is vfs that will indicate that?

Yah, am coming from Ondo, for example, what if someone got there later than the appointment time...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Please guys my school is in Ontario, what are the international airports that I can enter from? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbionaT(f): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

To God be all the glory!

It will end in praise!

Congratulations sis.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by akoko123: 1:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Congrats Sir.. Pls which email did you send to?

Daylight23:

It appears the application had been approved already because few minutes after sending an email to the Nairobi office, the PPR dropped. Till now my Eligibility has not started, just shows final decision as approved. So sending mails may help.

- I included nothing showing personal assets (been out of work for over a year, so no bank statement)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Elfavour: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
Gentledaf:
Can I take Johnson Johnson vaccine once instead of twice with the other vaccine. Is the vaccine recognised in Canada and which one do you advise me to take ?

Yeah, the Johnson Johnson vaccine is a single dose, you'd be exempted from quarantine if you've received it.
Do you know where they're giving out Johnson Johnson vaccine in Nigeria?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2021
SHE NEED HELP, SHE IS TRAVELLING TO VANCOUVER AS A STUDENT

1. Good Evening Guys, Please a sister need your help. She is travelling to Vancouver by the end of September on study visa but has not been Vaccinated. Please, in a situation that she is not Vaccinated for the Second dose before travelling, What do you think she should do?

2. Are students still required to pay the $2k for the Quarantine plan?

3. Lastly, She need an appartment(either to share) pending the time she would get settled and get a desired accomodation few days after landing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 1:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
1. No issues, she can take the second dose in Canada (and it's free).
2.no more paying of 2k
3. She can book a place for quarantine/temporary stay using AirBnB.

titusincanada:
SHE NEED HELP, SHE IS TRAVELLING TO VANCOUVER AS A STUDENT

1. Good Evening Guys, Please a sister need your help. She is travelling to Vancouver by the end of September on study visa but has not been Vaccinated. Please, in a situation that she is not Vaccinated for the Second dose before travelling, What do you think she should do?

2. Are students still required to pay the $2k for the Quarantine plan?

3. Lastly, She need an appartment(either to share) pending the time she would get settled and get a desired accomodation few days after landing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ara2004: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
march 1 applicant still waiting. it is well

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 2:14pm On Aug 27, 2021
akoko123:
Congrats Sir.. Pls which email did you send to?

Thank you sir. Sent it to nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Yeemmy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
PPR PLEASE DROP!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Please guys my school is in Ontario, what are the international airports that I can enter from?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 2:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
Please when did you apply?
ForevaTT:

Hi there,

Please note that there was no update whatsoever after the usual bio-metric request at the beginning. There was no ghost update indicating that eligibility has started, Nothing! So, if you haven't received any update, there's a possibility that yours is being reviewed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SuomyNona: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
shams040:
Please guys my school is in Ontario, what are the international airports that I can enter from?

Thanks

Shams, it is great to hear from you. Glad you chose Canada.

Pearson Airport (YYZ) is the international airport in Ontario.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

To God be all the glory!

It will end in praise!

Congratulations
That land will favour don't worry
Please I have a question as regards payment of fee. Please did you pay full tuition or just for the first term or it's just tuition deposit you payed and showed them?
I just want to know now so as to plan ahead
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
maestro09:
PPR Alert! Will be back to drop my details

NSE request: IELTS submitted, NO MBS

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 3:35pm On Aug 27, 2021
Daylight23:

Congratulations. Am so so happy for you. Your spouse's own too will drop by God's grace so the Joy will be completely full��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ritzzybaron: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2021
For January, you need to apply ASAP.

vividumebi:

Thank you so much for the encouragement, I say Amen to your prayers for me,I really will want to know what time is best to apply for January to avoid unnecessary delays
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
SuomyNona:

Shams, it is great to hear from you. Glad you chose Canada.

Pearson Airport (YYZ) is the international airport in Ontario.

Thanks so much. It was a very difficult battle but now am 85% certain of coming over.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fluxyn(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2021
Good day guys.
I applied for my study permit with my spouse (phd) I got a ghost update then got my Bil today but none came for my wife. Is this a normal process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 4:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
fluxyn:
Good day guys.
I applied for my study permit with my spouse (phd) I got a ghost update then got my Bil today but none came for my wife. Is this a normal process

When did you apply please

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.