Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856102 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by justwise(m): 9:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
Soleizzy:

m considering engaging in online classes, any reason behind ur opinion??

At what cost?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by obilec: 9:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CaddyT: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
I suggest you use this website. It covers food and other amenities for quarantine at a cheap rate for students.
https://na.eventscloud.com/website/20294/
This deal is pretty great. You get a Canadian phone number and SIM card on arrival with unlimited calling and texting and 8GB data for a month

titusincanada:
SHE NEED HELP, SHE IS TRAVELLING TO VANCOUVER AS A STUDENT

1. Good Evening Guys, Please a sister need your help. She is travelling to Vancouver by the end of September on study visa but has not been Vaccinated. Please, in a situation that she is not Vaccinated for the Second dose before travelling, What do you think she should do?

2. Are students still required to pay the $2k for the Quarantine plan?

3. Lastly, She need an appartment(either to share) pending the time she would get settled and get a desired accomodation few days after landing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2021
Normally, an applicant should get a mail notification for a medical request..

But with the recent "irregularities" in which IRCC operates, i.e Getting an Approval without the applicant doing any sort of medicals and also an applicant getting approval without Eligibility starting, then I am allowed to conclude that your question can be possible....

But the normal procedure is the applicant getting a mail notification once Medical request drops...

Peace

Onyekachiii:
Good evening house, please is it possible to get a medical request on your account without getting a Mail ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OmaJoe1: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Hello CHIKACIC,

Please did you book a return ticket when you booked with the airline? Is a return ticket required at the Nigerian Airport and Montreal Airport in Canada?
What could possible make the CBSA return the Asian international student apart from studentship verification with the school?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

CHIKACIC:
Part 20! Yes oooo. It’s good to be here again and give back to the community that I gained so muccccch from. You all are part of my success story and may all PPR hopefuls keep hope alive.

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

I arrived at the airport around 4:30pm for my 8:30pm flight, with my hubby and big bro. Hubby went to park the vehicle, so I went into the airport with my bro. My bags (2 check in bags, 1 hand luggage and my laptop bag)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 27, 2021
March 10th. I don't know how I feel anymore
Ara2004:
march 1 applicant still waiting. it is well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akupuncture: 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2021
GodsGabby:

And this said person has posted that thing(lie) on several threads here.
See how easy it is to tarnish someone's image.
Habaa!!!

Really? He posted it on several threads. If I had not called I would have thought he was doing us a favour here by warning us, not knowing he was just out to settle scores. Sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
OmaJoe1:
Hello CHIKACIC,

Please did you book a return ticket when you booked with the airline? Is a return ticket required at the Nigerian Airport and Montreal Airport in Canada?
What could possible make the CBSA return the Asian international student apart from studentship verification with the school?

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

My views:

I booked/used a one-way ticket.
To the best of my knowledge, you can book either one. But the question now becomes why would you book a return when you know you may not likely use it.
I think CBSA is more concerned with the fact that you have available funds to cover your transportation in and out of Canada after your studies and not whether your ticket is a one-way or return.

As for the Asian student, from the encounter I witnessed the CBSA Officer was not satisfied that she was telling the truth even after she said she has already paid some fees. He directly called the student a liar when he couldn’t access her student portal to verify her claims. Mennn, I felt so bad imagining all the hurdles she must have scaled through to get to that point.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perseverer: 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2021
Akupuncture:

Really? He posted it on several threads. If I had not called I would have thought he was doing us a favour here by warning us, not knowing he was just out to settle scores. Sad

Damn! If he really did that, that has to be one of the most wicked things I have ever seen in my life. It is not nice at all.

I really pray he desists from doing that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OmaJoe1: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2021
Thanks CHIKACIC. I appreciate it

CHIKACIC:

My views:

I booked/used a one-way ticket.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2021
March 9th...the wait is unbearable.. seeing May applicants getting response makes me feel like my application has been abandoned ��

Iphielove11:
March 10th. I don't know how I feel anymore

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Oookay!

While booking for appointment online, can i pick any day of my choice or it is vfs that will indicate that?

Yah, am coming from Ondo, for example, what if someone got there later than the appointment time...
let the gurus answer u but I think if u come late,they will still attend to you but I dont have experience of that so I cant tell.as for the date, yes you can choose any business day of your choice but you cant choose the time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehisforever24(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lizabeth36:
March 9th...the wait is unbearable.. seeing May applicants getting response makes me feel like my application has been abandoned ��

Did you write IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2021
zackysmith11:

My career prospect is tied to my home country and that is the basis of my LOE as well. Meanwhile, my career prospect is in line with my current job and the business I established in Nigeria.

I'd appreciate if you could please expatiate this "Truth is, expatriate application for study visa is always dicey especially when applying from Middle Eastern region"
IRCC office in Saudi, UAE etc have a high refusal rate for expatriates. One common reason is home tie. However I do think you have a good shot because of your establishment in Nigeria. You must capitalize on it in your SOP to stand a chance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Please how did you go about sending your passport for stamping? I'm sending mine to Lagos.
gracedson:
We are here !!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Oookay!

While booking for appointment online, can i pick any day of my choice or it is vfs that will indicate that?

Yah, am coming from Ondo, for example, what if someone got there later than the appointment time...
You can choose any date and any time. However, there won't be any progress with the application without biometrics once it's requested.
You will still be allowed even if you get there later than appointment time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
Daylight23:
Please can I renew my passport before sending it for stamping or must I use the one I applied with?

Congratulations!

Ideally, your passport validity period should accommodate the length of the visa you are requesting for and beyond. Otherwise, you may not likely get the full length of the visa period requested. This is usually stated on the PPR letter.

As other members have noted, renewal is out of the question now, because your PPR has a 30 days deadline.

Submit and hope for the best.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

After landing in Canada, I think you can renew and apply for visa extension. However, there may be a pitfall here.
I read somewhere that when one renews a passport with a valid Canadian visa, you cannot use that visa but rather you will have to apply for a fresh one. Please, I cannot verify this. I hope it is “NOT TRUE”. Just giving you a heads up. Kindly make your research and know what to expect.

Congratulations once again and all the best.

I sincerely hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Daylight23: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
I'll just use the passport the way it is. Thank you so much for the response.
CHIKACIC:

Congratulations!

Ideally, your passport validity period should accommodate the length of the visa you are requesting for and beyond. Otherwise, you may not likely get the full length of the visa period requested. This is usually stated on the PPR letter.

As other members have noted, renewal is out of the question now, because your PPR has a 30 days deadline.

Submit and hope for the best.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION:

After landing in Canada, I think you can renew and apply for visa extension. However, there may be a pitfall here.
I read somewhere that when one renews a passport with a valid Canadian visa, you cannot use that visa but rather you will have to apply for a fresh one. Please, I cannot verify this. I hope it is “NOT TRUE”. Just giving you a heads up. Kindly make your research and know what to expect.

Congratulations once again and all the best.

I sincerely hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Daylight23:
Please how did you go about sending your passport for stamping? I'm sending mine to Lagos.

See attached. Courtesy of a nairaland member.

The first is for Lagos and the second is for Abuja. The document requirements are applicable to both.

Hope this helps.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lizabeth36(f): 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Noooo

ehisforever24:
Did you write IELTS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gottigoodgood: 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2021
Good day All,
After getting your student study permit, can you land in Canada at a different province than what was originally on the student permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 28, 2021
Akupuncture:

Yes, check Living in Saskatchewan thread.
I think you need to let Justwise know that he is the real scammer and not the one in canada he is trying to paint bad and blackmail.
You can imagine going to this length with phone number on display because his request wasn't granted.
Such an evil man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:21am On Aug 28, 2021
maestro09:
PPR Alert! Will be back to drop my details

NSE request: IELTS submitted, NO MBS
Congratulations.... It ended in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:25am On Aug 28, 2021
Daylight23:
Good morning everyone. My PPR dropped this morning.

It appears the application had been approved already because few minutes after sending an email to the Nairobi office, the PPR dropped. Till now my Eligibility has not started, just shows final decision as approved. So sending mails may help.

Submitted Application May 17th
Upfront Medicals July 22nd
Correspondence letter and PPR August 27th

- A former colleague stood as my sponsor and gave her statement
- I included nothing showing personal assets (been out of work for over a year, so no bank statement)
- I am going for a PhD program (fully funded)
- I applied with my spouse (still awaiting his PPR)

God is able! Thank you for all the information on this page!

Congratulations....... It ended in praise.
Go and prosper in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chilove007: 1:33am On Aug 28, 2021
GodsGabby:

Yes, check Living in Saskatchewan thread.
I think you need to let Justwise know that he is the real scammer and not the one in canada he is trying to paint bad and blackmail.
You can imagine going to this length with phone number on display because his request wasn't granted.
Such an evil man.

After going through his previous Posts, I can confidently say he's the real SCAMMER!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:36am On Aug 28, 2021
CHIKACIC:
Part 20! Yes oooo. It’s good to be here again and give back to the community that I gained so muccccch from. You all are part of my success story and may all PPR hopefuls keep hope alive.

Landing Gist:

23rd/24th August 2021.

I arrived at the airport around 4:30pm for my 8:30pm flight, with my hubby and big bro. Hubby went to park the vehicle, so I went into the airport with my bro. My bags (2 check in bags, 1 hand luggage and my laptop bag) were scanned at the entrance and the NDLEA guy then physically searched one of the bags and made their usual comments of "find something for me naa" but big bro just ignored them. We were then directed to the airline counter.

Thank you Chikacic for the gist.

Go and excel in Canada, congratulations again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:52am On Aug 28, 2021
eclint:
hello gurus,

Please, do I need to book biometric appointment at VFS after submitting my application?

Not a guru.
Yes you need to book for your biometrics.
Go to vfs website to get it done.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 2:06am On Aug 28, 2021
maestro09:

Long Post Alert!!!

Please neglect any typo.”.

First time Applicant

Application Submitted: 4th of May, 2021
Biometrics Completed: 6th of May, 2021
NSE Request for MBS: 14th of May, 2021
Upfront Medical: 29th of April, 2021

Congratulations. It has ended in praise.
Canada will favour you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.