Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,571 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (853042 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by itsmolep(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Thanks Makano

I will still try my hardest tomorrow, was told globus bank and sterling too can do a day or two to get the payment done, However we have another admission with University of Winnipeg for September, Is there a way we can update our application with University of winnipeg's Admission letter once we pay the deposit or do we have to reapply on IRCC portal again. Please i would need advise on this ASAP. thanks for always

makano:
Hello Kokolanre

Your deadline is on Monday and you are just reporting this here on the last working day before your deadline and my reply coming on a Saturday..

Polaris does not have a good record of processing fees on time to schools abroad, Stanbic IBTC is one bank I always recommend to applicants because of their fast processing that gets results in days and at most in a week or 2.. If you had mentioned this much earlier, you would have gotten it done with Stanbic IBTC...

At this point, you can try using FLYWIRE or any online payment solution... Another option is liaising with a Nigerian in Canada that you know and trust, who can pay the fees for you in CAD and you transferring Naira to him/her or anyhow the said person would prefer how the transaction will be..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
I will still try my hardest tomorrow, was told globus bank and sterling too can do a day or two to get the payment done, However we have another admission with University of Winnipeg for September, Is there a way we can update our application with University of winnipeg's Admission letter once we pay the deposit or do we have to reapply on IRCC portal again. Please i would need advise on this ASAP. thanks for always

JustMellow:

Hello Kokolanre123,

What you could do now is to write the school for an extension grace. Attach evidence of the ongoing fee payment processing from the bank. Tell them the targeted date of finalization the bank gave and ensure you use soothing words.

Most times, schools respond positively to this kind of request. You can send the email twice. One today and the other on Monday by 3 PM Nigerian time.

Direct your email to the finance, admissions, international office, and/or program coordinator. If the school is on the PayMyTuition platform, you may want to consider using the option. They give a rate of CAD 476 or CAD 483 at high.

Best of Luck

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
Anon123 post

JESUS!!!

Please... RUN for your LIFE..

You can get all info you need for admission and visa here therefore i see no reason why you are being charged 300k for documents that are not that hard to find. To apply for admission is easy bro..

WTF is handling fee pls..

The agent is indirectly charging you extra service fees as per the bolded

Please do not ask an agent to organize a bank statement for you otherwise YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR 5YEARS.[/quote]

Anon123 and gurus

1, thanks
2,to be honest I never new getting addmission is so easy as u have said,if not with ur reply
3,WHAT IS the meaning of WTF handling fee
4, if not for forgery of acct statement,how can I make up my acct when I have just 3m

Thanks again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by matthew080: 11:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
Anon123 and gurus

1, thanks

2,to be honest I never new getting addmission is so easy as u have said,if not with ur reply

3,WHAT IS the meaning of WTF handling fee

4, if not for forgery of acct statement,how can I make up my acct when I have just 3m

Thanks again

Anon123:

JESUS!!!

Please... RUN for your LIFE..

You can get all info you need for admission and visa here therefore i see no reason why you are being charged 300k for documents that are not that hard to find. To apply for admission is easy bro..

WTF is handling fee pls..

The agent is indirectly charging you extra service fees as per the bolded

Please do not ask an agent to organize a bank statement for you otherwise YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR 5YEARS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rheene009: 1:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi nairalanders, please i'm looking for single room or master bedroom around Fanshawe college london Ontario. I have checked facebook market and kijiji, it's difficult to find a single room or master bedroom to rent because it's just my 7 month old baby and i. Please if you reside in london, Ontario please share any leads or contact. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:20am On Dec 13, 2021
Exactly, I applied alone and used them as home ties.
When I was approved, I travelled to get my sin and permit then applied for them.

In my loe explained how my spouse has his business and will be coming and going as his business can be managed virtually and also
Said that the reason why I needed my baby was because I’m a new mum plus ppd taking a toll on me.

I also addressed how I still have siblings and family to go back to and how my studies will help his business.
I used our land and incomplete building as ties to show we r not absconding from our country. I added how he can’t leave his business for an extended stay in Canada.

I’m certain the person’s loe didn’t address hometies or simply wasn’t wrtitten well.

Ignore people living in Canada , when I wanted to apply for my family, it was the same fear and stories that it will be misrepresentation until I spoke to eddyossam and he said it won’t be as intentions can change.

If you later apply for family , you must still prove hometies, that’s where a good loe comes in.

Because of how toxic “living in Canada “ thread is, I don’t go there, I rather make my mistakes and learn on my own than go there to receive insult.

I had to go check what they were saying and I didn’t expect anything different.

sweetchi2411:

Hello Lianna, hope you and yours are coping well over there.

In your own case (correct me if am wrong pls) you applied alone using your husband and child as part of your home ties right? After you travelled, you now applied for them. I guess that's what the poster did and I am preparing to do that too but when I saw her post, I became scared.

Can you throw more light on this because if we say our family was not going to accompany us and after landing, we apply for them, can that be seen as lying? Some people on living in Canada thread are saying so.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 2:56am On Dec 13, 2021
kokolanre123:

Hi Kokolanre,

Don’t just try your hardest, I will advise to go with what @JustMellow say, write the school this morning for an extension Grace, Attach the evidence of the payment.

Note: If you are changing DLI, you will have to submit another fresh study visa application.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 2:58am On Dec 13, 2021
omariam:

Amen o

Ameen o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 3:02am On Dec 13, 2021
Johnchan2:
God, please do a miracle this week ..... Let there be an abundance of PPR...

Nobody will be left out

Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 6:59am On Dec 13, 2021
Is there WhatsApp group for people going through ghana??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dchamps: 7:06am On Dec 13, 2021
Thank you for this. At least this is consoling. Infact that thread ehnn…. Someone even said the OP lied in the application by saying non accompanying . Imagine
Lianna2020:
When I was approved , I travelled to get my sin and permit then applied for them.

In my loe explained how my spouse has his business and will be coming and going as his business can be managed virtually and also
Said that the reason why I needed my baby was because I’m a new mum plus ppd taking a toll on me.

I also addressed how I still have siblings and family to go back to and how my studies will help his business.
I used our land and incomplete building as ties to show we r not absconding from our country. I added how he can’t leave his business for an extended stay in Canada.

I’m certain the person’s loe didn’t address hometies or simply wasn’t wrtitten well.

Ignore people living in Canada , when I wanted to apply for my family, it was the same fear and stories that it will be misrepresentation until I spoke to eddyossam and he said it won’t be as intentions can change.

If you later apply for family , you must still prove hometies, that’s where a good loe comes in.

Because of how toxic “living in Canada “ thread is, I don’t go there, I rather make my mistakes and learn on my own than go there to receive insult.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 7:09am On Dec 13, 2021
Kenthro:
Is there WhatsApp group for people going through ghana??

Nobody will answer. I have pleaded twice to be added to this group with my contact details attached all to no avail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by timilehinemmanu(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2021
Amen in Jesus Name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lexcott: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2021
Please nairaland. Can anybody help me with writing a statement of research purpose. Have written one to a professor. Havent gotten a reply...want to write to another prof now. Need your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2021
Very toxic set of people , the other one said , they should wait till after pr, infact so many misleading information. I didn’t even know where to start countering .

Someone complained about boredom n the next thing was that she should go back to Nigeria. I have lost count honestly, and to think they were once like us.

Omg I’m angry trying to reason why.
It’s well.
dchamps:
Thank you for this. At least this is consoling. Infact that thread ehnn…. Someone even said the OP lied in the application by saying non accompanying . Imagine

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 8:08am On Dec 13, 2021
rheene009:
Hi nairalanders, please i'm looking for single room or master bedroom around Fanshawe college london Ontario. I have checked facebook market and kijiji, it's difficult to find a single room or master bedroom to rent because it's just my 7 month old baby and i. Please if you reside in london, Ontario please share any leads or contact. thank you
https://www.roomies.ca/rooms/london-on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 8:42am On Dec 13, 2021
Please is this yellow fever vaccine really compulsory for Canada travels.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PrinceAdeAde: 8:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
When I was approved, I travelled to get my sin and permit then applied for them.

Thanks Lianna2020 for the context and do fully agree with you that intent can change .You only to do a good job clarifying it was not the original intention when u applied for ur study permit. Most people in this thread are in the EE pool and are allowed to apply for student visa and are approved. If you are allowed to have dual intention then change of intention should be your least worry.

For instance, if you have not been away from ur kids for so long and suddenly u travel to canada and then ur cant cope without seeing them and neither can they,wont intention change after that experience.
I had a colleague who moved his family after EE PPR and decided to stay back only for is kids to call one day and telling him that during school programs other dads were there.His wife started crying on the call and him sef.He resign the next week to join his family permanently so intentions do change but must be clearly justfied especially if it changed within a short time

Though am still in the application process, I would recommend when applying for ur family ,ur spouse should be visitor permit rather than SOWP to show stronger home ties.

Note the refusal case mentioned other salient points linked to the intention chnage i.e they cant work to fund thier stay so its seems the VO had deeper concerns beyond the surface intention change.It seemed VO saw that was the intention all along and not a genuine intention change rather than outrightly striking out the intention change

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2021
True that,but doesn’t have to be visitor.
Then again it’s understandable if one can go in with visit then change it. I know someone who applied for visit for the family with intent to apply for sowp within Canada and was approved in like 20 days .

Anyhow one can convince the vo about economic and home ties. For me ,I actually went direct with sowp and visit for baby.

The applicant didn’t address how funds will be available, if the hubby will be working or has a business or if there’s any land to sell for emergency .

In my loe , I said we can rent out our house or sell the land in case of any necessity and also the building was evaluated in naira and I used that to support my app that I have so many things to sell incase.

Instead of back and forth, the glaring truth is that the application was poorly package and my best bet is the loe and pof.
PrinceAdeAde:

Thanks Lianna2020 for the context and do fully agree with you that intent can change .You only to do a good job clarifying it was not the original intention when u applied for ur study permit. Most people in this thread are in the EE pool and are allowed to apply for student visa and are approved. If you are allowed to have dual intention then change of intention should be your least worry.

For instance, if you have not been away from ur kids for so long and suddenly u travel to canada and then ur cant cope without seeing them and neither can they,wont intention change after that experience.
I had a colleague who moved his family after EE PPR and decided to stay back only for is kids to call one day and telling him that during school programs other dads were there.His wife started crying on the call and him sef.He resign the next week to join his family permanently so intentions do change but must be clearly justfied especially if it changed within a short time

Though am still in the application process, I would recommend when applying for ur family ,ur spouse should be visitor permit rather than SOWP to show stronger home ties.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amby147: 9:01am On Dec 13, 2021
Greetings house, please I need your advice. I intend to apply for Canadian study permit with my husband. I have a Loa from College of Rockies and tuition deposit of about ($6000). I am self employed, my husband and I manage a business registered over 6yrs with all supporting docs and 4 months company's opening bank statement of 55m and closing 28m. Personal bank statement is with balance of 14m, joint acct statement of 15m.

Offered program: Sustainable Business Practice Post graduate Studies 2022
Previous Degree: BSc in Accounting since 2014

I intend applying with my spouse, I need advice on how best to package my application as a self employed applicant. Do I put myself as the main sponsor and my husband as co- sponsor?

Our business is an import/trading of fabrics, we have reliable hands to manage the business without our presence. We have land properties with deeds and valuation report of over 70m with building plans, can these serve as strong ties to home country?

Please house advice me on how to present my case, I am a first timer. Thanks �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dharmiiee: 9:07am On Dec 13, 2021
there is no whats app group for ghana. There are just few of us here.

Jumax28:

Nobody will answer. I have pleaded twice to be added to this group with my contact details attached all to no avail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by heydamiejay: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2021
LONG POST ALERT

MARCH 2021 i got conditional offer from centennial college to study human resource management (pgd) i took a pause for 5months because i did not have enough money to pay for my deposit to get the proper admission letter (LOA), and also i did not have any means to to get proof of funds for visa application .so i had a friend who i said i could use his account he is into construction ,he had a balance of 20million but he wont be able to transfer the money to my account cos it is for his work.i remember asking a guru here if its possible to use a friends account and he was like 3rd party is not guarantee but nothing is impossible.so i took faith and use the account ,the worst will be a rejection and i will re strategize for my next application .i did not pay any deposit required by the school i just went ahead to use the admission deposit letter to apply.

As at when i applied in july 31 the statement of i used was 2moths late,it was not recent it was printed as at June 2nd ,i did not know the statement of account to be use has to be printed few days to your application to show its recent ,but i had already submitted my application.

my sop was just one page very scattered ,i wrote the wrong passport number in my sop .when i was addressing my sponsor i just wrote he is my uncle i did not add any picture or documents to prove relationship ,my home ties i said i had my mum and my dad back home to come back to .
After 3moths and 2weeks i decided to send a web form to remind ircc that i need a decision to know my next step in life.i sent the web form like 2ce, after then i just got feed up and i stopped checking,maybe because i have not even paid any school fee that might even be the reason for delay ,i paid for gcms notes with @mekano i was even reluctant to send my details ,he called to follow up for my details till now i have not still sent it cos i gave up on the application. 3rd week of November i decided to check my account but i could not access it ,it continued like that for over a week ,last friday i just decided to try it on another browser and behold it was original passport request(PPR) it dropped since on the 7th of December but saw it on the 10th,mind you my phone screen is bad so i did not have access to my mail i tried opening it on my system but was giving me plenty authentication wahala i just left it .

when i saw the ppr i ran out of my office was jubilation on the street telling my mum the good news .the lord did it when i was almost giving up no school fee paid ,no plenty documents submitted i used a total outsiders account for proof of fund ,all indication was against me but he turned it around for me for good .thank you Lord, i pray this favor goes round

Admission -march 2021 centennial college

APPLICATION -July 31 2021
Documents submitted
*DEPOSIT ADMISSION LETTER
*Application form
*dob certificate
*NYSC CERT
*Transcript and certificate(AUTHENTICATED BY MOE &FOREIGN AFFAIRS)
*PROOF OF FUNDS
*SOP
*UPFRONT MEDICAL
upfront medical -august 23 2021

medical updated to pass -September 13 2021

web form sent - November 11 2021

bvl and ppr -7 december 2021

THE LORD DID IT .

42 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations
heydamiejay:
LONG POST ALERT

MARCH 2021 i got conditional offer from centennial college to study human resource management (pgd) i took a pause for 5months because i did not have enough money to pay for my deposit to get the proper admission letter (LOA), and also i did not have any means to to get proof of funds for visa application .so i had a friend who i said i could use his account he is into construction ,he had a balance of 20million but he wont be able to transfer the money to my account cos it is for his work.i remember asking a guru here if its possible to use a friends account and he was like 3rd party is not guarantee but nothing is impossible.so i took faith and use the account ,the worst will be a rejection and i will re strategize for my next application .i did not pay any deposit required by the school i just went ahead to use the admission deposit letter to apply.

As at when i applied in july 31 the statement of i used was 2moths late,it was not recent it was printed as at June 2nd ,i did not know the statement of account to be use has to be printed few days to your application to show its recent ,but i had already submitted my application.

my sop was just one page very scattered ,i wrote the wrong passport number in my sop .when i was addressing my sponsor i just wrote he is my uncle i did not add any picture or documents to prove relationship ,my home ties i said i had my mum and my dad back home to come back to .
After 3moths and 2weeks i decided to send a web form to remind ircc that i need a decision to know my next step in life.i sent the web form like 2ce, after then i just got feed up and i stopped checking,maybe because i have not even paid any school fee that might even be the reason for delay ,i paid for gcms notes with @mekano i was even reluctant to send my details ,he called to follow up for my details till now i have not still sent it cos i gave up on the application. 3rd week of November i decided to check my account but i could not access it ,it continued like that for over a week ,last friday i just decided to try it on another browser and behold it was original passport request(PPR) it dropped since on the 7th of December but saw it on the 10th,mind you my phone screen is bad so i did not have access to my mail i tried opening it on my system but was giving me plenty authentication wahala i just left it .

when i saw the ppr i ran out of my office was jubilation on the street telling my mum the good news .the lord did it when i was almost giving up no school fee paid ,no plenty documents submitted i used a total outsiders account for proof of fund ,all indication was against me but he turned it around for me for good .thank you Lord, i pray this favor goes round

Documents submitted
*Application form
*dob certificate
*NYSC CERT
*PROOF OF FUNDS
*SOP
*UPFRONT MEDICAL

THE LORD DID IT .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kellart: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2021
[quote author=rheene009 post=108447175]Hi nairalanders, please i'm looking for single room or master bedroom around Fanshawe college london Ontario. I have checked facebook market and kijiji, it's difficult to find a single room or master bedroom to rent because it's just my 7 month old baby and i. Please if you reside in london, Ontario please share any leads or contact. thank you

Pls can we link up @rheene009

Also coming to Fanshawe college Jan resumption.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 10:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulation I tap from your blessing.

heydamiejay:
LONG POST ALERT

Documents submitted
*Application form
*dob certificate
*NYSC CERT
*PROOF OF FUNDS
*SOP
*UPFRONT MEDICAL

THE LORD DID IT .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cowbell521: 10:59am On Dec 13, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Innunique,

No more dinner for me today. I will just have to take one or two glasses of water to digest your delicious review. Your kind appreciation is appreciated. I am thankful.

Cheers!
@Sopwriter. Learn 4rm dis. I gave u gud review. U no even act like u c am. U just bone me like am nothing. U might think u got us d visa and das all. But 4 me 2 post review on ur thread means we want ur company progress. U saw my testimony u just swerve me like that. Dem no dey do like that oo boss. Appreciate those who give u shout out. E get why. I cum in peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations !

heydamiejay:
LONG POST ALERT

Documents submitted
*Application form
*dob certificate
*NYSC CERT
*PROOF OF FUNDS
*SOP
*UPFRONT MEDICAL

THE LORD DID IT .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ruby22: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Raymondrain,

Stating your age would have been helpful. Based on your post, you should be the sole sponsor. Get your mom to send your second year's tuition to your account and provide you with a Letter of Support, and supporting evidence for her source of income. This way, the need to include her bank statement won't be necessary if it is not available.

She can demonstrate in the letter her capability to support your study financially as well as give any useful information too. If you are married, demonstrate the provisions made to sustain your family in your absence.

If you can go for a one-year program, do so. This will enable you to set up a GIC for your LE in addition to the full tuition fee paid. If this is not possible, you can still set up a GIC to support the payment of your first-year fees whilst you can still show the second year's funds in your account or a fixed deposit. This is just for demonstration.

Best of Luck

Hello Gurus in the house,

Can I sell a property and transfer the money to my bank account as proof of funds for visa application. What documents will i need to show the VO to explain the transfer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by XavierZ: 11:28am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi.

Where can i find accredited Covid test centers that perform molecular or antigen swab testing, required for foreign flights? Suggestions will be appreciated (Lagos).

Tx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 11:33am On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations...........

heydamiejay:
LONG POST ALERT

Documents submitted
*Application form
*dob certificate
*NYSC CERT
*PROOF OF FUNDS
*SOP
*UPFRONT MEDICAL

THE LORD DID IT .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2021
There is...mail me for the link!

dharmiiee:
there is no whats app group for ghana. There are just few of us here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.