Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? (36045 Views)

Do You Have This In Your Bathroom? / WHY ARE MEN LIKE THIS? IS IT RIGHT FOR AN MOG TO BE DOING THIS? / Just 4hours Before Giving Birth A Woman Discovered She's Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
phantom:
I used pentazocine an opiod ( the general family of drugs including, tramadol,codeine and heroine) for 5 years plus to treat a pain condition and got addicted.
I used to inject it in my thighs as it comes as injectables. No tablets.

I'm a doctor, so I know how to inject myself but for non medically experienced people, they inject high up in the leg which is the dangerous area. Continous injection there overtime can give serious damage to the major vessels of the legs like an aneurysm which can result in an amputation.
Did you ever see injections in the toilet? He may have been careful to discard them.
Maybe you can look at his legs properly and ask him about drug use.
Hmm thanks for this,it's been difficult getting him to talk

2 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by jeff1607(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's not owning up to anything and he gets angry if you grill him to speak up.Though I'm not with them presently, I just want to have ideas from here.Thanks

He is about to lose a leg and become a cripple for life and he is still acting up? This where a father or father figure shows his relevance.

Tell him if he can’t open up so as to find a solution his limb will be taken off and by all means be serious when telling him or take him to where it will be chopped off.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
jeff1607:

He is about to lose a leg and become a cripple for life and he is still acting up?

Tell him if he can’t open up so as to find a solution his limb will be taken off and by all means be serious when telling him or take him to where it will be chopped off.
Thank you sir.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by frozen70(f): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's already in the hospital

He must be on drugs and could be the kind of drugs one takes, then relax to get it deep and feel the effects in private then come out to join the family

Such drugs can be chewed so it's not about smoking

But if he doesn't want to open up on what he does for spending such hours

Then it will be revealed after amputation because who will drive him to the bathroom and spend such hours waiting for him

1 Like

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by hakym619(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's not owning up to anything and he gets angry if you grill him to speak up.Though I'm not with them presently, I just want to have ideas from here.Thanks

He might be injecting substances through blood vessels in his leg. Perhaps , he spend so much time in the bathroom to enjoy the euphoria while it lasts until it fades away.

The site of injection might have led to cancer

2 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2021
hakym619:

He might be injecting substances through blood vessels in his leg. Perhaps , he spend so much time in the bathroom to enjoy the euphoria while it lasts until it fades away.

Hmm please can you throw mor light on this.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Plut01: 5:26pm On Sep 02, 2021
LordReed:
I have a feeling he already knew about the cancer and kept trying to do something about it.

He must have been aware of it (because cancer don't just show up) through little or extreme pain. Some kids or even adult hide pains like that from people so as not to cause unnecessary talk and sadness to their loved ones.

The OP said he tried to make him open up after getting to know it is cancer and the boy got triggered. This particular reason should be why the boy usually stay long in the bathroom all alone to cool down his head and reassure himself that all will be well. If he had opened up to the OP before now, the OP's reaction would have been the same. So why not stay long in the bathroom, think about it, cool down the pain all by himself and come out as if all is well

Even the OP doesn't feel for the boy and I think that's why the boy did not tell him anything from the start. Cancer just don't show up and reach that stage, the boy must have been aware through pains and some Google search.

OP better support his brother and leave all these rubbish talks.

1 Like

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by BarrElChapo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
My cousin brother of about 19years of age came for a visit in our house and each time it's time for his meal he'd be no where to be found within the house. This habit was a constant thing that I became too curious to know what he's up to.

So I started following every of his moves only to discover that he spends minimum of 4hours in the bathroom and this is not a case of him taking his bath, he'd later come out when he's done and there will be no signs of him taking bath.

I questioned him and he completely deny it, i always tiptoed to his room and put my ears on the bathroom door so as to pick one or two things but all to no avail and he left back for their house after spending some time with us.

Now the mom called yesterday that he was suddenly brought home from his school few moths back due to severe leg pain around his knees,the leg has swollen so much and he has been in the hospital where different tests were carried out and he was diagnosed of leg cancer and they have resulted to amputation which would be carried out any time soon, this came as a shock to everyone because there's no history of cancer in the family.

My curiosity is could he be into something which must have led to that? What manner of habits would make him hide and spend so much time in the bathroom (remember he's not taking his bath)? He has refused to own up or talk about this bathroom issues and his parents don't even know about it till I brought it up.

Please your suggestions and advise are needed.

How about if those times in the bathroom is caused by depression and maybe he is suicidal. Sit him down and show him how you care about his predicament and what the future holds for him instead of FBIing thinking drugs, masturbation etc.

6 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by chukel(m): 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
Take him to a better hospital. There is nothing like leg cancer.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by rickleye: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
I initially thought he was masturbating but that cannot lead to cancer. I want to believe he was removing the dressing bit by bit from the wound and applying medicine.

2 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2021
hakym619:

Coincidentally he bears the same name as you if I'm to go by your username

1 Like

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by OvaSabi1(f): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
It could be some form of injectable hard drug or sniffing cocaine till the point of passing out and then waking up again. You need to get closer to his friends if you know any, and ask them questions. Another angle is the rituals angle but not necessarily rituals. Most muslims believe that some Jinns live in the bathroom and some alfa would tell someone who has a problem to go and recite some things in the bathroom to beg the spirits to grant your wishes.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Chyjoey(m): 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
Thank you sir.
Maybe mind your business?
Adolescents need their privacy, and I don't know how following him around to eavesdrop on his bathroom sessions is even acceptable.

Your invasive behaviour may be the reason he resorted to spending time in the bathroom in the first place.
Neither masturbation nor drugs of abuse are common risk factors for bone cancer or Osteosarcoma which he may likely have (and trust me, I'm a doctor).
The genetics of cancer is complicated and the fact that there is no family history does not mean you guys do not carry a mutation. (Read up on 'RB- Two hit hypothesis')

A cancer patient needs support and encouragement, not interrogation about what he does in his private time.

4 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2021
Chyjoey:

Adolescents need their privacy, and I don't know how following him around to eavesdrop on his bathroom sessions is even acceptable.

Your invasive behaviour may be the reason he resorted to spending time in the bathroom in the first place.
Neither masturbation nor drugs of abuse are common risk factors for bone cancer or Osteosarcoma which he may likely have (and trust me, I'm a doctor).
The genetics of cancer is complicated and the fact that there is no family history does not mean you guys do not carry a mutation. (Read up on 'RB- Two hit hypothesis')

A cancer patient needs support and encouragement, not interrogation about what he does in his private time.
So we should let alone our loved ones who exhibit strange characters all in the name of privacy? What if he's battling with serious problems that needs help? You should understand that I was only been concerned.All the same thanks.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Ola17: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
jeff1607:

He is about to lose a leg and become a cripple for life and he is still acting up? This where a father or father figure shows his relevance.

Open up about what exactly?! For God’s sake
cancer isn’t an STI or HIV that one contracts from somewhere. For all we know, his case might be genetic, will you force a diabetic or someone with sickle-cell anaemia to tell you where he got it from? Why are you people hellbent in trying to make the young man say things under duress?

4 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Ola17: 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
OvaSabi1:
It could be some form of injectable hard drug or sniffing cocaine till the point of passing out and then waking up again. You need to get closer to his friends if you know any, and ask them questions. Another angle is the rituals angle but not necessarily rituals. Most muslims believe that some Jinns live in the bathroom and some alfa would tell someone who has a problem to go and recite some things in the bathroom to beg the spirits to grant your wishes.

A 19 year old sniffing cocaine and injecting drugs with which money when his father isn’t Dangote?

My goodness!

1 Like

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Ola17: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Chyjoey:

Thank you sir!

Though I’m no Doctor, I’ve been all over this thread trying to make op and her likes understand that there’s no correlation between drug abuse, masturbation and bone cancer.

Instead of these people to get a proper diagnosis from a reputable hospital and the attendant treatment regimen, they are on Nairaland peddling bullshit.

3 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Fortune109: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
My best inspirational moments is when I'm in the toilet/bathroom...I also spend an average of 2hours in the toilet/bathroom...
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by thinksquad(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
What if he uses hard drugs with needles on his legs , which might explain the long hours to get himself. Check for needles , just saying.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ola17:

cancer isn’t an STI or HIV that one contracts from somewhere. For all we know, his case might be genetic, will you force a diabetic or someone with sickle-cell anaemia to tell you where he got it from? Why are you people hellbent in trying to make the young man say things under duress?

I don't think it's genetic because we are related maternally and there's no traces of such in his paternal side according to the dad
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ola17:

Thank you sir!

Though I’m no Doctor, I’ve been all over this thread trying to make op and her likes understand that there’s no correlation between drug abuse, masturbation and bone cancer.

Instead of these people to get a proper diagnosis from a reputable hospital and the attendant treatment regimen, they are on Nairaland peddling bullshit.
He's already in best hands though it seems late as early diagnosis could have saved a lot but he kept hiding things which was the reason I came here to seek suggestions and advise and also know what could be responsible for such weird bathroom habit since he has refused to say anything about it.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ola17:

A 19 year old sniffing cocaine and injecting drugs with which money when his father isn’t Dangote?

My goodness!
He can afford such as his parents made up for their not been around financially.I don't know if he's into drugs and can hard drugs result into his present predicament.All the same he's been attended to and thanks.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
Tapout:
Tales for the sake of Front Page.
My thoughts exactly.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Ola17: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
He can afford such as his parents made up for their not been around financially.I don't know if he's into drugs and can hard drugs result into his present predicament.All the same he's been attended to and thanks.

A doctor on this thread already told you that there’s no way in hell for drug abuse to cause bone cancer. If your cousin is into drugs, you will definitely know from his behavior and how he relates with the people around him.

Drug abuse most often lead to depression and other mental illnesses( psychosis, schizophrenia, panic attacks etc) and not bone cancer(Osteosarcoma). What your cousin needs is total emotional support and not judgmental adults trying to blame him for what is obviously not his fault. That sucks.

If he was actually diagnosed with Osteosarcoma(bone cancer), the survival rate is over 70%, his limbs doesn’t have to be amputated. According to what I saw on google, Osteosarcoma is most common in children and young adults. Your brother been 19 falls into the demographic of people more susceptible to it.

Wishing you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ola17:

A doctor on this thread already told you that there’s no way in hell for drug abuse to cause bone cancer. If your cousin is into drugs, you will definitely know from his behavior and how he relates with the people around him.

Drug abuse most often lead to depression and other mental illnesses( psychosis, schizophrenia, panic attacks etc) and not bone cancer(Osteosarcoma). What your cousin needs is total emotional support and not judgmental adults trying to blame him for what is obviously not his fault. That sucks.

If he was actually diagnosed with Osteosarcoma(bone cancer), the survival rate is over 70%, his limbs doesn’t have to be amputated. According to what I saw on google, Osteosarcoma is most common in children and young adults. Your brother been 19 falls into the demographic of people more susceptible to it.

Wishing you all the best.
Thanks a lot but the doctors were the ones that proposed the amputation,will be checking on him tomorrow to know if there's any new development. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
Iyaebe:
Yes but I'm thinking if hard drugs can also be the cause as I'm thinking towards that direction as a result of his hidden bathroom habits

The hard drugs can't be the cause of his cancer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by joyfullyjoyous(f): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2021
Immediately ge started spending more than enough time in the bathroom you should have called to ask him some questions,set a cctv if there's money or u should have made it inconvenient for him by always knocking at the door after a few mins.
There's probability too that he could have known he had cancer and he could have been locking himself up to cry silently.
Another thing came to my mind, now what if he's a science student and was injecting himself with some dangerous chemical for say bigger lowers legs n then it resulted in leg ulcer cos I learnt some ladies insert maggi in their anus to make it bigger.Whatever it was I pray he doesn't die at the end.
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
joyfullyjoyous:
Immediately ge started spending more than enough time in the bathroom you should have called to ask him some questions,set a cctv if there's money or u should have made it inconvenient for him by always knocking at the door after a few mins.
There's probability too that he could have known he had cancer and he could have been locking himself up to cry silently.
Another thing came to my mind, now what if he's a science student and was injecting himself with some dangerous chemical for say bigger lowers legs n then it resulted in leg ulcer cos I learnt some ladies insert maggi in their anus to make it bigger.Whatever it was I pray he doesn't die at the end.
Amen,i only noticed these habits the few time he came to spend with us,the parents are oblivious of it as they are not always around thanks a lot. Wait maggi in the anus?hmm
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by Buchman1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
poiZon:

Ur cousin brotheris ur cousin also..
Why waste space n time with the brother again.....
Op was just stating her cousin's gender
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by poiZon: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
Buchman1:

Op was just stating her cousin's gender
How about my male cousin...
Re: What Could He Be Doing Spending 4hours And More In The Bathroom? by jeff1607(m): 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Ola17:

At least a hint of how or when it started, the signs he noticed would give them a heads start, or things he had tried to hide or curb it would help. Not just making everyone making guesses or assumptions. People would think his parents didn’t do a good job raising him and noticing any changes on their own child

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice / I Bought My Mum A Convertible Sport (pics,vid) / Man Celebrates As His Wife Gives Birth After 17 Years Of Trying (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.