Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings (40002 Views)

Chewing Gum: I Can Break Up With A Lady Because Of This. / Man Sends N50k To Lady Because She Replied His Twitter Message / Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup.

You're very right with your words. Most nowaday men now have choices because they know most ladies put the condition (not love) of the guys' families into consideration before going on with marriage talks.

Very soon, paying bride price would be a thing of the past. Take it or leave itwink

The equality that our feminists seek would be duly achieved.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by koolaid87: 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2021
It takes more than love

Regardless of the agreement they made, he'll still feel obligated to support them

Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real.

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Titugirl(f): 11:18pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:
Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.
God bless your maturity!

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by yassinattah(m): 11:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply.

Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only. Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Magnoliaa(f): 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2021
SimplyFacts:

You're very right with your words. Most nowaday men now have choices because they know most ladies put the condition (not love) of the guys' families into consideration before going on with marriage talks.

Very soon, paying bride price would be a thing of the past. Take it or leave itwink

The equality that our feminists seek would be duly achieved.
With 500,000 gallons of pre- and post- wailings from y'all in accompaniment. See as you tok am like say na bad thing. Shuu? When Nkechi Bianze got married traditionally without bride price, who cry pass? Come on, goan sit down, my friend. Me, with 99 other feminists who may prefer a traditional marriage without the bride price will do so and y'all can ONLY cry! Cry over the aspects of the culture we'll choose to modify for our wishes.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
Magnoliaa:

With 500,000 gallons of pre- and post-wailings from y'all in accompaniment. See as you tok am like say na bad thing. Shuu? When Nkechi Bianze got married traditionally without bride price, who cry pass? Come on, goan sit down, my friend. Me, with 99 other feminists who may prefer a traditional marriage without the bride price will do so and y'all can ONLY cry! Cry over the aspects of the culture we'll choose to modify for our wishes.

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by fergie001: 12:14am On Sep 03, 2021
Just so me...... No regrets sha!
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by rafikii: 7:27am On Sep 03, 2021
Nde cho cho cho will always talk nonsense, I'm glad a man of culture didn't lose perspective of his life because of one woman.

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by ibinaboonline: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Danm. You're the smartest dude (or are you a lady) ever. The best thing I read today.
pansophist:
For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply.

Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only. Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kinzation(m): 8:21am On Sep 03, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

There's three approach to this.

1. Jakpa; which show's the least form of true affection for the lady.

2. Accept and put a limit to how much you can help but more importantly teach older ones how to fish. This shows some level of resolve on the guys part to the lady.

3. Learn and Make money that's way beyond your needs and family, like Dangote, Bezos or Bill Gates.

But I think love that works best and long term is the one that was grown and tested through the gives and takes of life. The uncle made a weak decision in my estimation, however different strokes for different folks.

What if he attempts to make this second option and the older ones declines the offer of how to fish.

Well for me the best option is to Japa. He shouldn't be blinded by love
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kinzation(m): 8:25am On Sep 03, 2021
seyz91:
Abi na

No time cheesy
Naso baba mi

Man must wise and not be blinded by love
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by seyz91(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2021
I tell you! grin
kinzation:

Naso baba mi

Man must wise and not be blinded by love
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by kinzation(m): 8:45am On Sep 03, 2021
seyz91:
I tell you! grin
Abi nah
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Leogreat5: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2021
Oh God curse me not to be poor. So I can gladly take responsibility of the needy and also be a father to the fatherless.

Amen oo
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:00am On Sep 03, 2021
posty56:
what if the person is hardworking but still can't foot bills? I know people that are hardworking yet are struggling to pay bills na hardworking I go chop? abi na hardworking I go wear for body? guy rest. imagine a hard-working lady but is broke and a person like dj cuppy who has everything on a platter of gold tell me who will you go for? rest with your hardworking lol, my analogy no get k-leg, person wey get ear make in hear.

Lols, you funny Sha.

You can be hardworking sincere trustworthy and still be broke, absolutely.

There's more to this, every guy should just learn to know what they can handle, but as for me, he could have done better. However you can't give what you don't have.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Youngzedd(m): 7:57pm On Sep 05, 2021
BinamRex:
This is the opposite of what I'd do. I wouldn't ditch a lady because she is from a poor family and she has too many siblings. My business would always need an extra hand. I'll employ them in my businesses but they wont deal with money, just work work work work.

I won't give them free money. They must learn that there is dignity in labour.

Get the book titled The Mafia Manager by V and read. It's on Jumia or check local bookshops.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by gforce5: 11:14am On Mar 18, 2022
You women are hypocrites and predictable. If it was the other way around, I can bet my savings that she wouldn't touch him with a ten inch pole. It's so funny how you lots broke shame men and tell them that love without money is pointless but you expect a man of means to marry your broke ass and shoulder your family responsibility. Isn't that the hypocrisy? You can't love a broke man but you expect a well to do guy to love your poverty?? I don't blame you lots. A lot of SIMPS called men here are even criticizing the man's decision because they have no sense of worth. They are the reason why so many women in this country are very entitled.
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Counter Thread: Types Of D.i.c.k / Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend Mid-air On Air Peace Flight (PHOTOS) / Red Pill Memes For Our Entertainment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.