Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings (40010 Views)

Chewing Gum: I Can Break Up With A Lady Because Of This. / Man Sends N50k To Lady Because She Replied His Twitter Message / Her Uncle Refused Me To Marry Her After Our Pre-wedding Photos Went Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by pocohantas(f): 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Believe it or not, there are still smart broke guys in real life who are not interested in perpetuating generational poverty.

That was not the premise of this discussion.

Do have a lovely century, Raalsalghul.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Raalsalghul: 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:

That was not the premise of this discussion.

Do have a lovely century, Raalsalghul.

You too.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by sparko1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real.

If you are a man, your school of thought will make you regret marrying her oh.

You marry her, all responsibility is yours till you die.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by damzy88: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2021
pansophist:
For me, it is not about material (financial) brokenness but the mental one. Poor people have a predatory mindset developed over a sustained period of scarcity. Any sign of abundance (e.g, rich boyfriend) is seen as a fleeting resource to exploit, ransack and parasite from. Their personal responsibility will be projected to the other party and made to feel guilty if he refuses to accept such conditions in a relationship. Their family problem becomes yours to carry with pressure coming from different angles like sharp bullet forcing you to comply.

Poor people usually do not understand the concept of a mutual relationship, its all about what they will benefit only. Ultimately, the difference between the rich and the poor is their mindset. A rich person going for a broke woman is like throwing foods to hungry fish, you will be devoured. While the smart one realizes to leave poor people alone and let them date each other, seems they understand themselves better. Different mindset.
wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by CSTRR: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup.
So such a man should remain single?
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by JB4life: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
posty56:
Chai I wish I fit see that man, I for sell some of my stock market shares buy am drink!!, finally men are waking up relationship is not a poverty elevating scheme I can't date someone that is broke or below my financial level the man na original redipiller kudos, as for the lady you better go fine work ooh! na 21st century we dey the idea of men being the only one providing is stale.

The worst is still getting insulted after carrying all those burdens from her side.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
Theboy21:
Well said cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by MufasaLion: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vickyvice:
grin grin grin

Lol

I hope they stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lokojatoofar: 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
It's all good. I just hope when a woman rejects a man for whatever reason, men won't cry blood.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by omooba969(m): 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Believe it or not, there are still smart broke guys in real life who are not interested in perpetuating generational poverty.

I'm struggling to make sense of your comment sir.

Smart broke guys... contrasting description I must say.

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by uthlaw: 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:

It's a known fact that the poor's biggest problem is the fellow poor - so it's not surprising seeing the display of you poor/wannabe-rich elements against your very own, the lady in the story.

Meanwhile, one of the biggest dummies ever sold to you elements is that financial success determines one's mindset - value system and ethical leanings in general do.

A platform like this is truly a true leveler. Now scram and direct your further mention to small-minded people like you.
na story u type up there.... nobody comes to this life because of anybody!
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Citygal:
[s][/s]He marrying her doesn’t mean he would have to shoulder their responsibilities and there has to be an agreement to that.

He probably doesn’t love for real. [s][/s]

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
I swear that Uncle naa real man oo.

Naa ontop this nairaland one guy come cry say his wife's siblings dey eat his food like cankerworms, elephants and hippopotamus.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:
[s][/s]Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.[s][/s]
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by RightToReject(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

I've always respected your views and opinions on Nairaland, but I'm a tad bit disappointed at the bold; to think people still believe that success is dependent on marriage partners is shocking.

Did you see the part where they mentioned the lady's siblings?

I don't remember mentioning faith in that post, least of all saying that faith without grit and gumption can bring prosperity to anyone, as your opinion suggested. And the man in the story didn't state his financial standing, but from the connotation of the story, he wasn't at least as poor as the lady. That, by extension, means that it wasn't going to be a case of two absolute poor people on a journey. The fact is that prosperity isn't automatically made possible by one surrounding himself with the already made people; instead, with a support base, other things like grit, gumption, and positive energy, that don't take recognition of anyone's economic status, usually do. And marrying the lady - provided that she's scrupulous and in sync with him - wouldn't amount to him going into slavery for the family.

Well, take it from me that, apart from a natural cause, no ambitious, gumptious and gritty man, or woman, who before marriage has created and encrypted his path will go down after marrying from a supposed poor family, like the scenario under discussion, especially when the companion is scrupulous and in sync with him. Like I said to someone up there, one of the biggest dummies ever sold to people is that financial success determines one's mindset - value system and ethical leanings in general do.

I've always cringed on the idea of quantifying or relating with people based on their economic standing, especially when it involves an intimate relationship - I have a phobia for self-absorption and opportunism. In fact, about at least four different success transformation stories and show of appreciation I received within the last one month, and many others of such kinds that happen far and near continually, from most people I encountered in their not-too-good or worst financial moments, some as far back as sixteen years ago and did the little I could for them then, are some of the things that have always reinforced my belief in my philosophy. And in this same span of time under reference, I have also seen some reverses in conditions.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I've been in a vantage both in the formal and informal sectors a bit long and have always seen how things do change so quickly, many times for good, especially for the gritty and gumptious that operate independently in the informal sector of the global economy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Poanan:

I hope you day this same thing when a lady refuses to marry a man cos she feels the man is below her level.

Naa today girls just dey do am undecided undecided undecided
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Ikwerelastborn: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Praise the uncle first, make him guilty second. Women!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

A lady will not think twice about dropping a broke guy like hot potato.

Sometimes, it's good to feel what you folks dish out as well.
Very good ,they think na only them get sense
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by VULCAN(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2021
So all this epistle on the basis of one word

"Might"

So a man should tempt his destiny on such a weak foundation.

You're nothing but a Joker.

RightToReject =105412428:
Prosperity doesn't automatically follow the rule of all these too clever by half permutations. His life, and that of the lady's siblings, might equally change for good if he had married her - assuming that she possessed all of the other realistic things he needed in a companion. It's only people who haven't been at the forefront in the pursuit of real advancement or haven't seen people's economic fortunes turn from good to bad, and vice versa, that would always fail to see money and status beyond what they're.

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Zubydeangelo(m): 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
RealSolution001:
What do you think? Right or wrong?

Uncle Charles 110 @AkwanCharles wrote: "My uncle refused to marry a lady because she has a lot of siblings with no dad and their income level wasn't that great. Sometimes love is not enough. He was just scared of savoring too many responsibilities and I agree with his decision."
He dey find person wey no get family abi? Na Ogbanje him go soon jam
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by BinamRex: 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Well, this is one way to go about it.

You be real capitalist. grin

grin
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2021
jesus19984:

[s][/s]I think his decision is understandable but, wrong.
Simetime in life, we need each other's shoulder to lean on. Assisting her siblings to succeed could end up being a plus to your future success.
Let's always learn to tolerate and assist ourselves.
What if any of that girl's siblings turns out to become a well sort after influential being in the future, knowing that you contributed to their success, don't you think you or your kids would have a lot to gain from them?

Let's try not to see this life the way it appears to us.
[s][/s]

No food for lazy man.

Each man to his own.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Lordbinsmar: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2021
RightToReject:

[s][/s]I don't remember mentioning faith in that post, least of all saying that faith without grit and gumption can bring prosperity to anyone, as your opinion suggested. And the man in the story didn't state his financial standing, but from the connotation of the story, he wasn't at least as poor as the lady. That, by extension, means that it wasn't going to be a case of two absolute poor people on a journey. The fact is that prosperity isn't automatically made possible by one surrounding himself with the already made people; instead, with a support base, other things like grit, gumption, and positive energy, that don't take recognition of anyone's economic status, usually do. And marrying the lady - provided that she's scrupulous and in sync with him - wouldn't amount to him going into slavery for the family.

Well, take it from me that, apart from a natural cause, no ambitious, gumptious and gritty man, or woman, who before marriage has created and encrypted his path will go down after marrying from a supposed poor family, like the scenario under discussion, especially when the companion is scrupulous and in sync with him. Like I said to someone up there, one of the biggest dummies ever sold to people is that financial success determines one's mindset - value system and ethical leanings in general do.

I've always cringed on the idea of quantifying or relating with people based on their economic standing, especially when it involves an intimate relationship - I have a phobia for self-absorption and opportunism. In fact, about at least four different success transformation stories and show of appreciation I received within the last one month, and many others of such kinds that happen far and near continually, from most people I encountered in their not-too-good or worst financial moments, some as far back as sixteen years ago and did the little I could for them then, are some of the things that have always reinforced my belief in my philosophy. And in this same span of time under reference, I have also seen some reverses in conditions.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I've been in a vantage both in the formal and informal sectors a bit long and have always seen how things do change so quickly, many times for good, especially for the gritty and gumptious that operate independently in the informal sector of the global economy.
[s][/s]

Trash
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by razible5384(m): 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2021
pocohantas:
Nothing wrong in what the uncle did. It is just like marrying a first son with many younger siblings in the university. His father is diabetic and the mum has arthritis, so they need routine drugs. His two sisters that married ended up with broke men and would sometimes call for school fees.

Except you are ready to be their family enemy, any sane lady should japa when she sees this setup.
u don see life eh grin
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2021
kinzation:
Narrow escape

Make e no for turn all the burden for him head

There's three approach to this.

1. Jakpa; which show's the least form of true affection for the lady.

2. Accept and put a limit to how much you can help but more importantly teach older ones how to fish. This shows some level of resolve on the guys part to the lady.

3. Learn and Make money that's way beyond your needs and family, like Dangote, Bezos or Bill Gates.

But I think love that works best and long term is the one that was grown and tested through the gives and takes of life. The uncle made a weak decision in my estimation, however different strokes for different folks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by newoffer: 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nobody wants burden.. if u never marry before u will understand what just happened. Don't wait for trial, run as soon as possible. Once u notice that leech lifestyle. The best is run.
bodybuilder:

Better safe than sorry
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2021
posty56:
love kee you dia lol, the man just Dodge a bullet he will live long because of his decision, imagine him being the only source of income do you know what that is! na steady thinking and HBP go kill am I Neva include children ooh, I dey talk of the hungry girl and her brothers, I will say it again, men avoid broke girls like plague you are not father and if the case was reverse she no go look your face cause you are broke. Adios.

Guy this your thinking get K leg small. Who said the guy has to shoulder the families responsibilities?

Look if she's a hardworking lady them that's a plus help her find something doing, her siblings put them for where them go learn handwork way them get passion for, that would help everyone succeed. Except if the family people don choose to day lazy then let him jakpa.

Else

As a result he the guy can never go down bkos he has raised people. All the lone ranger thinking no be am ooo my guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by deavicky(m): 8:27pm On Sep 02, 2021
Oh God curse me not to be poor. So I can gladly take responsibility of the needy and also be a father to the fatherless.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Magnoliaa(f): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
CSTRR:
Well, women don't marry unconditionally either.

There must always be something to gain.
Lmaooo. He said, "well." E choke you abi. Because a man did it, you're suddenly at a loss for shaming and insultive words and you're justifying his actions with 'wOmEn Do It tOo.'

If woman do am, she be asdflkj; if man do am, ehnn, e dey for women nature.

Is this awa huncle that japa-ed hypergamic in nature too, or not, buoda? LOL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
nijaomegacode:

Oga forget this long story. The man used his godgiven brain. No love should be blind.
grin grin grin grin
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by Magnoliaa(f): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mtcheeeewww.
Yawnsssss.

Soooo for all of you, our dear traditionalists and Africanists on this beloved site, una don forget say na FAMILIES DEY MARRY in this part of our world? Ehn? grin grin Now, una dey run away from family backgrounds and situationships, to be forming independent-minded dating and marriage in which there is little to no crossover of molebi shenanigans — which is the 'so-called' western way abi??

Hahahahahahahaha. I laugh in a dolphin's voice. Later, you wee say it is us wokeists that are are destroying your values. Continueeee!

"Africans" that do not want to marry each others' families and problems. Yeye.
Re: His Uncle Refused To Marry A Lady Because She Has A Lot Of Siblings by posty56: 9:06pm On Sep 02, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Guy this your thinking get K leg small. Who said the guy has to shoulder the families responsibilities?

Look if she's a hardworking lady them that's a plus help her find something doing, her siblings put them for where them go learn handwork way them get passion for, that would help everyone succeed. Except if the family people don choose to day lazy then let him jakpa.

Else

As a result he the guy can never go down bkos he has raised people. All the lone ranger thinking no be am ooo my guy.
what if the person is hardworking but still can't foot bills? I know people that are hardworking yet are struggling to pay bills na hardworking I go chop? abi na hardworking I go wear for body? guy rest. imagine a hard-working lady but is broke and a person like dj cuppy who has everything on a platter of gold tell me who will you go for? rest with your hardworking lol, my analogy no get k-leg, person wey get ear make in hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Being Forced Into Marriage / Dear Ladies, Please Avoid Stingy Guys. / Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend Mid-air On Air Peace Flight (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.