Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

"It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno (29635 Views)

Dad Sends His Wife Hilarious Photos Everytime She Asks If The Kids Are Okay / Are The Kids Good Enough Reason To Endure & Stay An Abusive Marriage? / Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by bizzibodi(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
This man needs to have his dura mata examined....even primitive men who never knew Adam or knows d Bible know it is woman's role to cook,clean d house will men hunt,farm & build shelter.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
UndauntedYOCA:

Lol, they certainly won't!!!
When it doesn't favour them they open the book of lamentations. grin grin
Exactly.The first line on your signature cracked me up lol.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by solofresh(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2021
saphiere:
So we have be playing men's role all these years.

Modified.

Comments here further prove that men are always scared of responsibilities.

You be Mumu

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by socialmediaman: 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
begoniaa:

...as a helper wink. Sure. You, me and Reno are saying the same thing, so in fact, I don't see the point you're trying to make. Or I get it. I even brought up Legislature/delegated legislature. The latter assists the former, but in actuality, the latter is not an arm of government.

Ok this will be long but let me start from here. Reno made very high level statement of fact which is open to misinterpretation. In fact ladies have already started saying being a helper means they can choose to or not....No it's not a choice, it's an assignment, if she can't do it, communicate with him to ensure you both work something out. Also, observe as I keep using the word "role" which means performing that part does not make her less of a woman. Most men like me usually assign that role to her and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Remember that the man was doing these things before she came along (because there was no helper). So she does not come into the picture and decide what she wants to do or not, she submits herself to his authority and helps him take up some roles.

It is very possible that we (You, Reno, I) are saying the same thing, I don't want to assume. I wish he clarified further by saying the man can assign certain roles to the woman and those become her responsibilities as part of helping him and submitting herself to his God-given authority. So essentially, what I am saying is, It's my job according to Reno, but once I assign it to her, it becomes her job and I can focus on something else. If you and Reno agree with this, then we're all saying the same thing.

So what selective perception are you talking about?

You crossed out my last post which was made to reinforce my point that assigning a role to the woman makes it her responsibility/duty

Outsourcing, which is your point, is simply one of the things you can do, as the 'head', charged with working. You were not giving a superior/counter opinion; I pointed that out and am reiterating it.

Just to clarify, outsourcing was not my main point. Delegation to the woman was my main point. If for some reason she can't perform the role, then some men can outsource cooking to a restaurant or food service company, or delegate to someone else, like an employee (domestic helper/worker)

I have not disagreed with your "head" submission.

Now we're talking grin grin grin

The crux of the post is all even how the work is meant for the head, and the helpmeet help.

Agreed

You realize that this is the classic argument between patriarchs and feminists here? The guys here are just disagreeing with the twist and inclusion Reno brought, that weighs heavily on the side of the head working and serving, etc., rather than only being respected and followed and commanding (the part which majority of men favors).

My focus here is in the home. The man is designed to be the head. In a professional setting, the most qualified should be elected or appointed, I don't have a problem with that, and so do many men that I know. In fact, when I see someone with a different opinion about women in the professional or political setting, I disagree respectfully.

On the point of the head working and serving, yes I see guys disagreeing with the head working and serving as I also see ladies saying the men can't assign, and should do it themselves (which they can/do if there is no woman to help). I can't argue with everyone, in fact I stop arguing or responding once they become disrespectful because it shows we're not on the same page/level. I try as much as possible to respect people when I argue or disagree with them, but if they can't reciprocate, I move.

You're charged to do; the woman is charged to help.

Agreed, as long as my point on delegation is understood. I think the world is simpler than we make it look. Consider this scenario below.

Lady, you're beautiful and I like you, please join me and help me let's make a home. (Or, hey man, I like you and I think I could be your lady to help you with what you're doing and I think with my help you/we could succeed). Man says "Help me do this and that while I do this and that."
She says, "remember I have to work as well to augment your income, this will burn me out quickly. Man says "Ok I will help you with that when I can, to make it easier for you, and If it's too much for me to help, then we can hire someone and delegate, or maybe outsource".....

This is how things should work, and these are the kind of people I roll with, I don't have time for nonsense. In the work place I use words like "please do me a favor", "can you help me get this done"... and I say "thank you" and "I appreciate you" when the work is done. And when what is assigned is not being done, I ask "we agreed that you'll do this right?, why aren't you doing it? or… can you help me get it done please? Is it too much for you, do you need some help? I don't command people though they understand its their job to do what is assigned to them.

You don't even have to delegate. She's already meant to help? undecided So you could more or less say the whole works, building, chores, tending, cooking, multiplying, succeeding, etc., are both for you to do. In fact, I love the connotation of equality implied in this Reno's POV that I'm starting to see. So, could you even say now that men and women have the same responsibilities? As commanded by God? cheesy You do, I help in doing.

Agreed, you don't have to delegate, but most men will. She's there to help and even before marriage we both agree on roles and responsibilities. It's my job as the man to delegate and we both work it out. In fact in many cases, due to the fact that it has been a long standing tradition, the roles are already assumed, no long talk.

To your last question about having the same responsibilities, If we can continue along Reno's statement, it's the man's job, but God gave him a helper, and to my point, he delegates some roles to her and she submits herself and takes them willingly, because she's there to help. I also made a point about when the roles become too much, it can be worked out, only cruel men are inconsiderate and want to burn out their wives.

We were all raised differently so I don't expect every man to be kind and understanding, it is left for the woman to know what is good for her. Marriage is not by force and I encourage every man to raise their female children to be self sufficient or at least independent of needing a man's money, before getting married, so she can willingly go into marriage knowing the rules and willing to abide by them because she respects the institution, admires him (or is in love with him) and wants to be with him
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by Gannyradical(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2021
See this yeye boy's legs self
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by CaveAdullam: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Iyaebe:
He's now sounding incoherent because this one doesn't suit your narrative abi?abeg park well

To HELP HIM cook, clean, wash and do all the works while he relax under a short coconut tree receiving fresh air.

Hope Reno is still in line with us.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by gazza07(m): 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2021
Man's is very confuse, hard confuse
Trentee4eva:

Lol, the same Reno said that a man’s money is the family's money and the woman's money is her personal money yet the man will still have to do everything at home as responsibilities. Let's get this straight. According to Reno, the woman is only needed for reproduction.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by slimmax: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
JovialJune:

Does raising kids entails just breast milk? We are actually suppose to give birth, breast feed, and leave the rest for una, no where does it say women's responsibility is this and that, we are suppose to help when we feel like that's all, or is there a bible passage that's says, women's responsibility is to cook, clean, wash bla bla bla etc? That is working with our hands, we are not suppose to work with our hands or be assigned a duty.
Aunty stop making a fool of your self , go to the same bible and read about the virtous woman �
A wise woman builds her home , a foolish woman pulls it down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2021
JovialJune:

Does raising kids entails just breast milk? We are actually suppose to give birth, breast feed, and leave the rest for una, no where does it say women's responsibility is this and that, we are suppose to help when we feel like that's all, or is there a bible passage that's says, women's responsibility is to cook, clean, wash bla bla bla etc? That is working with our hands, we are not suppose to work with our hands or be assigned a duty.

Prov31 on a virtuous woman
Verse 15-
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by razible5384(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2021
JovialJune:

i will assume this to be a joke

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by offiahvictor(m): 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
saphiere:

Modified.

don't allow Reno mislead you.
I love you so much that I wouldn't want your marriage to crash. thank me later.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by offiahvictor(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Gannyradical:
hahahaha hehehe grin
Gannyradical:
hahahaha hehehe

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by offiahvictor(m): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2021
saphiere:
Former presidential aide to Ex President Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri as reminded men their work as men, WonderTV Media learnt.

Reno in his recent post advises men to take back their roles which they were commanded by God to play as failure to do so shows a disobedience to the direct command from God.
His post says;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTXuwy0jq21/?utm_medium=copy_link
Mumu talk, except Bible verses.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by newdawn2017(f): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
Goldbw122:
This man need to gets his brain checked at least common sense should tell him that "This is a woman's job" why is he saying other wise.
Why do hate clear truths ?? He has said nothing but d gospel truths here. Its not me a man will enslave that way shaa as I ve come to enlightenment dis way. Black men be nightmares & slave drivers to their fellow black sister. Watch them become normal responsible & humble human beings as soon as they marry white women abroad orbring them back here.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by newdawn2017(f): 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
saphiere:

Modified.

Black African males please.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by newdawn2017(f): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
Pierocash:
Reno is becoming mentally imbalanced like Daddy Freeze. Today he is coherent, tomorrow he begins to sound incoherent.

God's work for Adam was social,not domestic. He said God placed the man in the garden of Eden to till it.

That garden represents office and not house work,the garden was God's business empire handed over to man to manage and eat from there.

There was no kids then,so how could raising kids be man's responsibility when it is the woman that has the breast and the milk. Is Reno not confused?
keep kid urself & reading d bible upside down. Raising kids is the man's place & directing them in dway of Jehovah his wife will support him when he is not around & have gone to d fields to toil, his wife will follow things up.
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by ume1000: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2021
JovialJune:

So who is to wash plate? Where in the bible does it say women should wash plate?
why don't you provide for the family then

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 05, 2021
newdawn2017:
keep kid urself & reading d bible upside down. Raising kids is the man's place & directing them in dway of Jehovah his wife will support him when he is not around & have gone to d fields to toil, his wife will follow things up.

What Bible upside down is he turning your duty is irreversible except you are not a virtuous woman, to the kitchen you belong

For clarity read the whole chapter emphasis on Prov31:15 on a virtuous woman

She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

3 Likes

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by ume1000: 12:30am On Sep 05, 2021
JovialJune:

No, you are not suppose to delegate, we are suppose to chip in help whenever we feel like, as in you men should politely ask for help, and we will decide whether to offer help or not, at our own discretion.
how about the man provide the finance at his own discretion if the must fund the home you must do your part

Every organization is founded on rules and roles

The legislature (unlike in Nigeria ) does not make laws at its own discretion
Neither does the judiciary nor the executive they follow the Constitution

Perhaps you want your marriage to be synonymous to the Nigerian community. Where people act by instinct (

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by DaInferno(m): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2021
Pierocash:
Reno is becoming mentally imbalanced like Daddy Freeze. Today he is coherent, tomorrow he begins to sound incoherent.

God's work for Adam was social,not domestic. He said God placed the man in the garden of Eden to till it.

That garden represents office and not house work,the garden was God's business empire handed over to man to manage and eat from there.

There was no kids then,so how could raising kids be man's responsibility when it is the woman that has the breast and the milk. Is Reno not confused?
am taking this comment to that page

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by EMMALEX4REAL: 12:33am On Sep 05, 2021
Dis one is looking for home to break dont try dis at home where patience ozokwor is ur moda inlaw

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by ume1000: 12:37am On Sep 05, 2021
JovialJune:

Women like your mother right?

And I thought this one was sensible.

forget about his mother

You just confirmEd you have no usefulness in a marriage other than your rotten overdrilled borehole

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by ume1000: 12:43am On Sep 05, 2021
LilMissFavvy:
Hope he is ready for all the bashing that will accompany this post. Majority of the egostic Nigerian men will not like this. They will insult him and call him a weak man/simp.
cause that's what he is

Post like his are the reasons for the ever high divorce rate in the us

Post like this encourage homosexuality (as women would likely craze mens role and vice versa)
Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by BRATISLAVA: 12:56am On Sep 05, 2021
socialmediaman:

In the office yes you don't say no to a boss whether man or woman. In the home, the man is the boss, it's very clear in the bible.

Where and where is this clearly stated in your Bible? Or is it the over flogged and misinterpreted passage on submission that men don't read beyond?

The failure of most marriages lies with men. They are always ducking responsibility and trying to push it on the wife. What kind of "boss" cannot accept responsibility for the organizations state of disrepair? Instead they butress poor leadership with submission in the most irresponsible and callow manner.

Reno has said something men don't like, so they will demonize him. What he said is the truth, though.

Modern men are weak and bicker endlessly. They want women to do everything for them. They cannot ever be the "boss", if such a thing exists.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by BRATISLAVA: 1:04am On Sep 05, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Is it a crime for men to wash plate? Cuz I don't see anything wrong with it......I do help my wife to wash plates and cook.......women ain't your slave.....

The poorer men are, the more entitled they feel to using women. One can't blame their views, because that's poverty speaking. They usually hide behind religion.

3 Likes

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by ume1000: 1:06am On Sep 05, 2021
JovialJune:

No where in the bible is the man called "boss".
if you name a pet given to your by your parent

Would you call such a pet your equal

The woman was made for the man (cause the man was lonely)

The woman was made after the man

The woman was named by the man

The woman was taken from the man ( Jesus said and qoute "greater is he that giveth than he that receiveth "

Contrary to popular belief no two things are made equal , equating every thing on Earth would bring life to a stall

For instance the poor work hard to be rich (imagine what would happen if everyone was rich)

Trying to urpser the man as head of the home
Would work only if you are married to a weakling

There never can be two captains in a ship

The earth moves rolves the sun cause it's bigger and stronger (has more gravitional force) imagine they where equals ( there would be no day and night, no seasons )

The black hole keeps the Galaxy in stability

It's called the natural order discrupting such orderliness often leads to chaos and confusion as seen in usa of today(with people confuse on their sexuality )

Such confusion in a home would only breed homosexual offsprings( children who find it difficult to distinguish their sexuality)

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by BRATISLAVA: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2021
streetfabulous:
Ok. but it was not specified as to where and how she can help, So the man can decide where and how she can help by way of delegation. This is also why he is the head.

Forget about delegation. What are his responsibilities? Or will he keep delegating to evade his duties? A leader who cannot answer to doing anything isn't a leader.

How can a head be unable to do anything? Is it now the weaker vessel that has all the strength to carry out the delegations that the head is running from?

The way men twist and turn the Bible to keep themselves as beneficiaries of women's labor is pathetic.

Whoever told men that cleaning and hard labor in the home is for women lied to them. It's men who are to sweat and labor for their living, not women. According to the same Bible. But men don't want that, hence all the delegation talk.

Who doesn't like good things.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by socialmediaman: 2:02am On Sep 05, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Where and where is this clearly stated in your Bible? Or is it the over flogged and misinterpreted passage on submission that men don't read beyond?

The failure of most marriages lies with men. They are always ducking responsibility and trying to push it on the wife. What kind of "boss" cannot accept responsibility for the organizations state of disrepair? Instead they butress poor leadership with submission in the most irresponsible and callow manner.

Reno has said something men don't like, so they will demonize him. What he said is the truth, though.

Modern men are weak and bicker endlessly. They want women to do everything for them. They cannot ever be the "boss", if such a thing exists.

The word “boss” was used hypothetically there to explain role delegation. I suggest you follow the arguments with the person I quoted to understand the points made. But since you raised the point on submission, check out the verses below for biblical reference. Also, check out this post I made with many clarifications on this topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/6735274/mans-duty-clean-cook-raise/6#105494112

Verses:

1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:23 KJV. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Ephesians 5:22-24 KJV. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

1 Like

Re: "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno by Navalsadiq(m): 2:51am On Sep 05, 2021
I have told you guys that this man is jobless

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

And There Shall Be 7 Women To 1 Man..... / How to Make Tiger Nuts Drink At Home / Women In STEM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.