Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Please help!! My sister is being used. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please help!! My sister is being used. (48675 Views)

Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by thatigboman1: 12:10am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

Good advice but it's kind of hard leaving my sister out there in the cold.
I wish she could toughen her heart a bit though.
nothing you will do to toughen her. She's a kind-hearted girl, just send her money.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by LegendaryLover(m): 12:10am On Sep 05, 2021
iamtardey:
Tell her use what you have spread that kuchi

Very Wicked....
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by MeghaneMorgane(f): 12:14am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:
My sister is a kind hearted girl, she's been this way since way back.

She gained admission into the university and the place she stays in lacks electricity as it is a village in anambra state, I had to get a solar for her to help her cope with charging her stuffs and also having an illuminated room.

Well, she made friends who are in the same department living in her lodge, at first, they only came to her to charge their phones and reading light and gist but it has now graduated to them eating up all her food whenever they come to her room to charge.
She called today asking me to help her with cash for food stuff, this is someone that went back to school barely two weeks ago with enough cash and food stuffs.

In this life, please try and keep good heart aside and stand up to people who see you as a mugu.

Please nairalanders, how can I advice her?
She needs a brain reset to understand that in life, one has to look out for oneself before others.

What happened to your sister was about to happen to me. But thank God I listened to advice as fled from all leeches and pests.

I read a quote one time, beggars do have not have a limit when they beg but you the giver should know when to stop giving if not, you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by micxwell(m): 12:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Sterope:
The first day I saw someone scooped Milo for tea at uni. I almost opened my big mouth. The Milo wasn't hers o. That was when I knew ai couldn't live in the hostel.
The problem is people try their best to be in the good books of everybody. You should understand the fact that you can't please everybody.
@CR777 Your sister's hostel mates know that they are taking her for a fool but until she stands her ground, they'll continue.
Lol, One funny evening one of my hostel mates passed a comment while we were all chatting that only poor people take garri, that he'll rather take cornflakes or golden morn. Well, being the kind of person I am, I don't forget things easily. Weeks later he came to my room to ask for garri. I laughed. I showed him how full my garri storage was and simply told him I'm not giving him a single flake.
I lived in a room with 3 boys throughout my stay in Uni.

1 Like

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by ComeToJesus: 12:17am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

She gained admission into the university and the place she stays in lacks electricity as it is a village in anambra state, I had to get a solar for her to help her cope with charging her stuffs and also having an illuminated room.

Well, she made friends who are in the same department living in her lodge, at first, they only came to her to charge their phones and reading light and gist but it has now graduated to them eating up all her food whenever they come to her room to charge.
She called today asking me to help her with cash for food stuff, this is someone that went back to school barely two weeks ago with enough cash and food stuffs.

In this life, please try and keep good heart aside and stand up to people who see you as a mugu.

She needs a brain reset to understand that in life, one has to look out for oneself before others.

One day, we'll wake up to see a post saying: Hello nairalanders, my landlord is eyeing my wife, please advise me on what to do...

1 Like

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Elliot2(m): 12:30am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

You better drag your sister's ears now! Nigeria is the worst country to have a good heart. I learnt it the hard way. When I was in school, I was very naive to the point guys and babes used my head. Right from when I was on campus, even to when I started staying off campus, I suffered. Then I was receiving enough money cos my elder brother was sending me enough, added with the one pops man gave me. But my wicked roommates and neighbors took advantage of my shyness then. Then I could never say "no" to any request by someone from me, be it financial or food. Chai! I suffered o. In fact, apart from school fees, I was the one practically taking care of my roommate; from feeding to clothes and shoes. All the stuffs in the room was mine. I was bearing it until the day we fought over plates he always used and left for me to wash, despite the fact that I was the that cooked the food with my own money. After I heard the rubbish he said to me that day, I packed out and rented my own space and stayed alone.
So abeg, tell your sister to use her head. Personally for me, university friends are one of the fakest friends, and the worst friends you will help in life. Because to most of them, they are the sharp ones using you. They don't see it as help and as social interaction and networking. Since I left school, I have been the one checking up on most of them. Though I know a lot of them are stalking me, especially on facebook in order to know my progress in life, just to see if I have blown so that they can come and bobo me and finesse me. Ndiara!

5 Likes

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by caandi: 12:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Same thing happened with me and my baby bro. No manner of advice I didn’t give him, but everyday same story. My pint is it’s useless advising her, some might even be bullying her, so just let her be, she will get sense by herself
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Chris525: 12:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Best advice ever. Give her a week or two before you send more funds. Don’t even say shit, just say things are hard.

yomi007k:
My advice is that you leave her and let hungry beat her. Hunger dey reset brain connection you know.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by zaxbash: 12:48am On Sep 05, 2021
yomi007k:
My advice is that you leave her and let hungry beat her. Hunger dey reset brain connection you know.
bros U yan well abeg one gogonishe for you
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by The5DME(m): 12:51am On Sep 05, 2021
Pansophist come and say something.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by jamiudarex(m): 1:00am On Sep 05, 2021
I don't know what to say grin
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by izubext007: 1:33am On Sep 05, 2021
She needs a boy friend like you to open her eyes.

But leave her for a while make hungry touch her intestine if those her so called Friend go give her food, if they no give her food she go unstand wetin dey go on.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by bepositive11: 1:49am On Sep 05, 2021
FuturelsFemale:

There is really nothing anyone can do.
She got a soft mind, so people like her always learn the hard way to harden their mind, that is the only way she can change. I don't know why we blacks like taking advantage of good people, reason everyone is bad in this country. When u are good, they see u as a f00l. Quite sad.

This is part of the problem. Labelling people like her as "good people". That's just wrong

Helping others to one's detriment doesn't make them a good person. It makes them a push over. Let her learn her lessons the hard way. By giving her money again, you're enabling her bad behaviour. She needs to learn to set boundaries and stand up for herself

People who help themselves first before helping others are the "good people"
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Germi9: 2:10am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

She’s privileged to help others,and lucky to have support
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Nobody: 2:18am On Sep 05, 2021
It seems she has only recently relocated from to the Eastern part of Nigeria from Lagos or Abuja.

When work brought me to Anambra na so Dem chop me mugu, one of colleagues dey come my house every evening dey chop belle full come still dey ask Transport fare- him go dey whine me dey call me Lagos money.
The idiot borrowed 60k for my hand till today I no see jack.
Na one other guy come teach me say na sense Dem take dey survive here.
Tell your sister to channel her resources into starting a small business so she can help more people (don't quarrel with her), believe me na because she no get target that's why she dey use money cook food.

2 Likes

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Kneebow(m): 2:32am On Sep 05, 2021
“They were intensely propagandist. While ever unseen they were at work. Every member was a missionary of the sect, and lived mainly to propagate a doctrine for which they were ever ready to die. Thus the infection spread by a thousand unsuspected channels.' Like a contagion propagated in the air, it could penetrate, as it seemed, anywhere, everywhere.

The meek and gentle slave that tends your children, or attends you at table, may be a Christian; the favourite daughter of your house, who has endeared herself to you by a tenderness and grace peculiarly her own, and which seems to you as strange as it is captivating, turns out to be a Christian; the captain of the guards, the legislator in the senate-house, may be a Christian! In these circumstances who or what is safe?

What power can defend the laws and majesty of Rome, and the peace of domestic life, against an enemy like this? Then it was often as hateful for its absence as for its presence. With sullen moroseness this strange people studiously absented themselves from all places and scenes of public entertainment and festivity. Games, shows, gladiatorial contests, public fetes of every kind, military or civil, they eschewed as they would have done the plague. Such scenes, forsooth, were so mixed up with idolatry, and so steeped in licentiousness and sin, that though consecrated by the presence and express sanction of their country’s gods, they were not good enough for them!”
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by clitah: 3:01am On Sep 05, 2021
Joysticks:
If you starve her of food and money she will start to do runs girl.

Yes!
My fear.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by joyandfaith: 3:07am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

What is her age?
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by EmeraldHash(m): 3:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Allow Sapa to pay her a visit just for one week, then after that call her and tell her the realities of life, and ask her where was her lodge matesduring that week.
Then give her money to restock and observe her

1 Like

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Emeka71(m): 3:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Joysticks:
If you starve her of food and money she will start to do runs girl.
My thought.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by AdaAwka1: 3:43am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

Please talk to ur sister, let her know that there should be a limit to everything most especially while in school, so that all these cult boys will not notice her and start to milk her. Let her know that her room should be off limits to others if possible take away the solar light, she should join others to look for how to charge her gadgets. If all these dont work then she needs a change of accommodation asap.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Habib101: 3:48am On Sep 05, 2021
Make her understand simple.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Op as a student too I will advise you to let her starve for some days probably 4 to 5 days. That way she will learn and be strong, 5 days is not enough for her to go wayward. She is seeking validation from people that will hurt her and the sooner you help her realize this the better.

My year 1 was also like that, my mom bought everything for me then with great pain, EKSU fees were mad and still mad till now though. There is this 400lv guys then that were roommate, ogbeni those guys leeched us ooo. Every evening all the 100lv girls wey dey the hostel go donate dinner to those guys and they in turn will lock their room after charity time and feast like king David. My roommate was also a leech too, babe sucked me dry while using her money to buy clothes. She ate all of my foodstuffs, everything, when everything got finished babe started giving me body heat, she used all of my soap cause my mom work in a soap company so the soaps were surplus. To cut the story short I got broke in 3 weeks of getting to school with nothing on me, decided to rely on my roommate and babe told be that she can't share, true story hommies, she said" Dupe ma binu, but ororo yin ni mo fe lo fun 2 months". I had no one then and till now I keep no one around me

I got heartbroken and that night my mom called me to tell me she has to resume factory by 5am as they are doing first come, first serve. I realized that it was even a privilege for me to be able to attend school and I decided I must be good, at least for my momma. One of my uncle sent me fund after 2 days, I got the essential and kept stock of them. My roommate saw that I was online back, omo ope she sa re hook up with me but me wey don learn dismissed her. I para for those 400lv guys too and they all turned me to their enemy. No one talked too me but my mom was there , she called me every night and she still do. Hommy had to start stealing my stuffs and that was the last straw. We never got to finish the whole section together before she ran from me. The body heat was too hot for her.

2 Likes

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Kay25(m): 4:28am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

deny giving to her for a while if she keep asking question her on how she has been using what she had...then give her a lecture of lifetime of learning how not to dey do the girl is good alltime at the expense of herself
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Richy4(m): 4:55am On Sep 05, 2021
Experiment 1

Just try and tell her to tell her friend that u said you won't give her money any more... so she should be collecting money for charging phones.. let's see how that one will work on the friends

OP, Whatever u do, do not leave your sister without money... she is a woman unless you want her to do what she originally does not want to do...

Next time, U might open a thread and say that your kid sister if pregnant.. Those advising you now to leave her to stay hungry will turn around and call her a prostitute and other derogatory names.. be wise..

2 Likes

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Nobody: 4:55am On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Juliearth(f): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

She needs to toughen up. Fix her on a monthly stipend and even if she calls to cry for more cash, do not oblige her. Doing so, she will learn to adjust and manage what she has. Managing what she has would entail curbing all her friends' excesses.
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Juliearth(f): 5:10am On Sep 05, 2021
CR777:

Good advice but it's kind of hard leaving my sister out there in the cold.
I wish she could toughen her heart a bit though.

If you love her, you would do this for her. She needs to learn the act of saying no, else the world would use her as a ladder and a doormat. I am sure you wouldn't like that, would you?
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by phemmyfour: 5:12am On Sep 05, 2021
yomi007k:
Seconded
Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Makanaki127: 5:12am On Sep 05, 2021
Your sister own good na,back then when I was in ND1 second second semester,if I call my dad he will be asking me who is this,I will say your son,that guy done delete my number,even to pick call self na wahala,talkless of to send cash when I go come day spend on top Friends grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Please help!! My sister is being used. by Lyve719: 5:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Hey yoooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

41-year-old Indonesian Widower Weds 13-year-Old 3 Months After Meeting Online / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Ngu Nebuchadnezzar Returns From Russia After 36 Years (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.