Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,580 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. (23743 Views)

He Said I'm A Distraction And He Needs Space To Focus / When A Girl Says She Needs Space: What She Means & Expects From You / 39 And Pregnant But My Boyfriend Says He's Not Ready. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Muhylonaire007: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2021
Ehn give am space na, he Don knack reach. E wan go for recess
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by izubext007: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2021
So u can look fresh to him once again dear
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Michelle55: 9:52am On Sep 06, 2021
ameh43:

Not that easy if you really love the person.... May be with time
I do but there's a limit to what one can take in terms of love, I no dey do pass myself smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Munzy14(m): 9:54am On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:
For some time now, my boyfriend has been telling me he wants to take a break or he needs space. We still meet frequently despite this.

Lately he said it again. This time he said he is stuck with me. The thing is that when he says these things we will play afterwards and I will not take what he said seriously. I think he's serious and just trying to cushion the blow for me. I don't want him to lose his temper one day and tell me to get lost to my face, finally.

What do you guys think of this situation? I looked at it and I believe he wants me to leave. Can you state your opinions, and also ways to move away, heal and stay strong?
It's no big deal...It is actually a subtle message for you to stand back and reflect on what you are doing and his actions.

Are you becoming clingy?

Are you becoming demanding with urgent stuffs?

Is he doing well with what he is into?

Again, what are you doing to better yourself and make your self a hotter cake?(Income, self development etc)..A woman must be responsible to herself to increase her worth.

Lastly, have you heard of zodiacs? Read up on it...You know his date of birth as well as yours...study compare and contrast it will help you understand him very well, and if he isn't compatible with yours...Detach slowly and move on.......Never easy but worth it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by GENTLETEE(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2021
He wants out. So prepare to move on.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by vickydevoka(m): 9:56am On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:
For some time now, my boyfriend has been telling me he wants to take a break or he needs space. We still meet frequently despite this.

Lately he said it again. This time he said he is stuck with me. The thing is that when he says these things we will play afterwards and I will not take what he said seriously. I think he's serious and just trying to cushion the blow for me. I don't want him to lose his temper one day and tell me to get lost to my face, finally.

What do you guys think of this situation? I looked at it and I believe he wants me to leave. Can you state your opinions, and also ways to move away, heal and stay strong?
Call ur boyfriend let's hear from him
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by vickydevoka(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2021
bmdmix11:
apart from sex wat else do u offer? n how often do u say give me this give me dat?
She go dogde dis question. To break up with an average Nigerian gal is very easy. Just stop giving her money. Simple! Na she go run

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by vickydevoka(m): 10:03am On Sep 06, 2021
Frales6:
give him space na...and let him not bother coming back. Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't have options
Aunty this your advice no be am o. U no do investigation u de give advice. U knw ask watin she de do, n whether de boy friend de financially buoyant. Babe to see boy below 30 way get legit money now, en hard. N u no say nothing like love again, na individual gain Dem de follow, so I think de gal (op) doesn't have something tangible doing.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Deborah98(f): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2021
I laugh so hard when a guy or lady says I don't understand what this term means.. giving space means please you are not needed again... Take heart cry sorry for the breakfast... Love is wicked Sha...
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2021
I am sure 100% he wouldnt ask for space if he hasn't had sex with u... ur still a rookie @ relationship... dont date any guy without letting him know through ur body language that U've got even better options than him and that ur choice to choose him is a privilege he shouldn't misuse, misunderstand or take for granted.

Quote me if you want a 100% working solution to this

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Kemfol: 10:07am On Sep 06, 2021
You are right @Amotolongbo.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by 2rez: 10:09am On Sep 06, 2021
I believe u have the space so give him & stop raining droplets of disgrace on your gender on here. sad

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2021
Meaning: he's tired of you simple.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by alekzandr05(m): 10:13am On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:

[color=#006600][/color]

From a personal perspective, your boyfriend saying this could mean that you're all over in his face, suffocating him with too much attention, calls, messages. Learn to live your own life, independent of him. Stop projecting yourself as too desperate. Create an atmosphere where you can be missed, being available all the time no too dey alright.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by googlepikins: 10:14am On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:

When a guy wants to breakup with a girl that's how it starts, it's better for you to jejely let him go so that the breakup won't be painful for your mental health going forward. Cos what you're trying to do is to buy more time for your breakup, which will end up badly Las Las if you don't let him go.

I'm talking from experience with my girlfriend, but she moved on and join FG work, now Na me dey regret why I break up with her.

My advice to you is to move on and improve your life. What will be will be

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by GreenArrow1(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2021
phemmyfour:
You are choking him.... Don't appear desperate, give him space
Exactly!
Plain and simple. He is being CHOKED!

Give him his space to be with himself sometimes. Everyone needs their privacy. Some, more than others.
I know this, cos I've been there more than once.
This happens mostly when you are guy with a wide variety of interests and a lot of people whose social circles you are an important part of.
Then you get to date a lady who has literally no other activities to engage in except a relationship and maybe a job. A lady or guy with two much time on her hands is a ticking time bomb for any relationship they get into.
Worse still if she and the guy don't have mutual interests in things movies and other hobbies. He then has to drop his interests and partake in hers whenever she is around him, hoping that when she eventually leaves, he can have a few moments catching up with stuff he is actually interested in.
When you don't give him that space often to do those things, he'll fill choked up and demand for space. If you refuse, he'll end the relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Zenithphil8368: 10:15am On Sep 06, 2021
when a man you claim loves you starts telling you He needs space my dear, He is being idiomatic with you and doesnt want to come out plane so He doensnt Hurt your feelings, probably He has realised that you love him thats why he is giving you a soft landing, my dear if you have invested in that relationship pls just forget it and move on because a man who trull loves you will never tell you to give him space especially when you have been dating for a while and same with a woman. my advice to you is that gather your life together and move on straight away, trust me if He trully loves you He will come around.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by KrystalKitty: 10:20am On Sep 06, 2021
Zenithphil8368:
when a man you claim loves you starts telling you He needs space my dear, He is being idiomatic with you and doesnt want to come out plane so He doensnt Hurt your feelings, probably He has realised that you love him thats why he is giving you a soft landing, my dear if you have invested in that relationship pls just forget it and move on because a man who trull loves you will never tell you to give him space especially when you have been dating for a while and same with a woman. my advice to you is that gather your life together and move on straight away, trust me if He trully loves you He will come around.

OK. He said he loves me but his mind is on making money. He wants to focus on making money, that he doesn't focus on women this long. I've heard sha. Tnks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Nanj(m): 10:20am On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=KrystalKitty post=105531552]For some time now, my boyfriend has been telling me he wants to take a break or he needs space. We still meet frequently despite this.

What do you guys think of this situation? I looked at it and I believe he wants me to leave. Can you state your opinions, and also ways to move away, heal and stay strong? Some ladies self ur problem is too much, when a guy told you he loves you,u will not give him a breathing space at all, at least give him some space, let him be hungry for seen u b4 u show up, but some of u,u didn't mind from morning till evening everyday,y won't him be fadeup with the relationship.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Frales6(f): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2021
vickydevoka:

Aunty this your advice no be am o. U no do investigation u de give advice. U knw ask watin she de do, n whether de boy friend de financially buoyant. Babe to see boy below 30 way get legit money now, en hard. N u no say nothing like love again, na individual gain Dem de follow, so I think de gal (op) doesn't have something tangible doing.
I no doubt you oooo...but no be to just push her away na, na to sit her down and discuss the issues and way forward. If the girl know say the guy man no get money and still stay with am, that means she like him, then na for both of them to discuss how to help each other rise, and not to push am comot.... except say the girl no ready to work with am
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by bluefilm: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:

You are already a side chic, and you don't even know it.

Sorry.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by pikechukwu6(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2021
Pls, enough space is available here with me cheesy cheesy cheesy... Leave him, before you come back to post a breaking heart contents wink wink. Just plainly, tell him you want to give him the space and leave...
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Bamzyriches451: 10:26am On Sep 06, 2021
I don't see anything difficult here, give the young man space already
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Darreytinho10(m): 10:28am On Sep 06, 2021
Love hard o grin
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Moz22: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2021
Ayewaada
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by bmdmix11: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2021
vickydevoka:

She go dogde dis question. To break up with an average Nigerian gal is very easy. Just stop giving her money. Simple! Na she go run
i dey tell u
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Buffalo2(m): 10:48am On Sep 06, 2021
When they won't allow someone to breathe, how won't he ask for a break. If they are not with you physically they are with you virtually online and if you don't respond immediately yawa go gas. He don tay when I don do that kain gum gum thingy sef.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2021
This is one reason premarital sex is not only wrong but traumatic when things go south. I mean.... if you have not been engaging in sexual imorality with him, giving him space or dumping him altogether wouldn't be an issue. But I know you're thinking " ah! After chopping me, he wants to leave". Thats why you're finding it difficult to accept his proposal to pend the relationship.

My dear, leave and never look back. Give yourself some self-worth and let him see it.

You don't beg people to stay when they don't want to. That's tantamount to desperation.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by ceejay10(m): 11:02am On Sep 06, 2021
Shedrack777:
come lets continue since he's tired of smashin you. but don't allow me to also smash you because i might end up needing space too
bad guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Way Nigerian Girls Are Exposing Their Breast In Public / Full Nude Video Of Actress Maryam Booth That Was Leaked Online(video) / Why Are Girls Attracted To This Guy (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.