Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. (23797 Views)

He Said I'm A Distraction And He Needs Space To Focus / When A Girl Says She Needs Space: What She Means & Expects From You / 39 And Pregnant But My Boyfriend Says He's Not Ready. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by produce(m): 9:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
From point of view you really love this guy.

Try also to give helping hand no matter how little, not about sex or immorality or are you draining him because he is good or nice guy?

What are you doing that pushed him away?
Are you supportive to him or making him jealous, cause at times some ladies attitude can be annoying.

Talk together, tins will be right
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by KrystalKitty: 9:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
produce:
From point of view you really love this guy.

Try also to give helping hand no matter how little, not about sex or immorality or are you draining him because he is good or nice guy?

What are you doing that pushed him away?
Are you supportive to him or making him jealous, cause at times some ladies attitude can be annoying.

Talk together, tins will be right

Tnks.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:
For some time now, my boyfriend has been telling me he wants to take a break or he needs space. We still meet frequently despite this.

Lately he said it again. This time he said he is stuck with me. The thing is that when he says these things we will play afterwards and I will not take what he said seriously. I think he's serious and just trying to cushion the blow for me. I don't want him to lose his temper one day and tell me to get lost to my face, finally.

What do you guys think of this situation? I looked at it and I believe he wants me to leave. Can you state your opinions, and also ways to move away, heal and stay strong?
what is the essence of pleasing him to be in relationship with him probably marriage latter when he will still ditch you in marriage after all! Good girls like bad boys though!
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Moz22: 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
Just let him be for your own sanity.. trust me, u will be fine at the end of the day. You deserve to be happy and that should be your priority, nothing should come in btw u and your happiness. Time they say heals all sorta wounds, I was badly hurt a couple of months ago and I came out of it a better person and I must say I've learnt my lesson. So just move on and don't go back to what once broke u.. he might wanna come back but never accept him back cos he will finish u kpatakpata
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Lucas4903: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
bmdmix11:
apart from sex wat else do u offer? n how often do u say give me this give me dat?

You must be a fool. This is typical of teenage boys wey just full Nairaland. You that they refused to give food money to yesterday. Girls are human and don't denigrate them by just being a sex tool. It's so sad. I repeat u are a fool for this statement and the horde of teenagers liking your comment. You think you have made sense. Very senseless.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by bmdmix11: 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lucas4903:

You must be a fool. This is typical of teenage boys wey just full Nairaland. You that they refused to give food money to yesterday. Girls are human and don't denigrate them by just being a sex tool. It's so sad. I repeat u are a fool for this statement and the horde of teenagers liking your comment. You think you have made sense. Very senseless.
wow wat a hole u have.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Truvelisback(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:
For some time now, my boyfriend has been telling me he wants to take a break or he needs space. We still meet frequently despite this.

Lately he said it again. This time he said he is stuck with me. The thing is that when he says these things we will play afterwards and I will not take what he said seriously. I think he's serious and just trying to cushion the blow for me. I don't want him to lose his temper one day and tell me to get lost to my face, finally.

What do you guys think of this situation? I looked at it and I believe he wants me to leave. Can you state your opinions, and also ways to move away, heal and stay strong?
There is no smoke without fire. Something must prompted him. Perhaps, u must av done or av been doing something doesn't like.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Truvelisback(m): 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
KrystalKitty:

I don't live with him. I tried to give him back his ATM card but he said he is not collecting it. And he said no matter what any year or day from now I have access to his account.

He gives me money, the few times I have I give him too. But now, since he wants space, I will just dey my dey. That way there's no need to give me anything.

He's nice. I guess he is still exploring. I'll just go with the last shreds of my dignity.
He sees u as a burden and a liability to him. U are clingy to him. Don't u av a job?
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by KrystalKitty: 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
Truvelisback:
He sees u as a burden and a liability to him. U are clingy to him. Don't u av a job?

He said I did nothing to him.
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Moz22: 11:15pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lucas4903:

be calm pls
Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Mordecai(m): 4:59am On Sep 07, 2021
GreenArrow1:

Exactly!
Plain and simple. He is being CHOKED!

Give him his space to be with himself sometimes. Everyone needs their privacy. Some, more than others.
I know this, cos I've been there more than once.
This happens mostly when you are guy with a wide variety of interests and a lot of people whose social circles you are an important part of.
Then you get to date a lady who has literally no other activities to engage in except a relationship and maybe a job. A lady or guy with two much time on her hands is a ticking time bomb for any relationship they get into.
Worse still if she and the guy don't have mutual interests in things movies and other hobbies. He then has to drop his interests and partake in hers whenever she is around him, hoping that when she eventually leaves, he can have a few moments catching up with stuff he is actually interested in.
When you don't give him that space often to do those things, he'll fill choked up and demand for space. If you refuse, he'll end the relationship.

@Krystalkitty, this here is the most reasonable answer you've gotten.

Asking for space does not mean breaking up. A lot of times, everyone including you, have a need to be alone, for introspection, or for other personal reasons.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Truvelisback(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2021
KrystalKitty:

He said I did nothing to him.
He won't tell u. Perhaps, he had been enduring u 4 long. If u had been sensitive enough, u would av known tru his body language.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by produce(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
KrystalKitty:

Tnks.

Any amends? I understand it's gradual process, relationship is not a bed of roses, two has to play there part to make it workable. Don't leave all to him be there.

Best regards!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Michelle55:
He's done with you, kindly move on. You are lucky he told you plainly, others won't say anything just to keep enjoying the cookie and waste your time on the long run(na you go eventually tell yasef say your mumu don do and it's time to move).

Once you tell me to give you space, I'll blank you afterwards. Whatever I feel for you will die a natural death after sometime, will talk to you like nothing ever happened between us and that's how life should be.

Never be stuck with someone who doesn't want you anymore, you will only end up hurting yourself further if you continue.
I'm sorry that your breakfast got served soon but not too worry, it would get to everybody smiley

One of the few sensible ladies around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? / What’s The Best Place And Time To Approach A Lady? / Her Dress Code To The Party Shook The Whole World, She Is So Beautiful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.