Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (843316 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (606) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by justinaa2012: 5:12am On Jan 29, 2023
Shanid:
HELLO EVERYONE,
I AM ON A SKILLED WORKER VISA AND A FULL-TIME STUDENT AT THE SAME TIME. IT WAS STATED ON THE COS THAT I WILL BE WORKING 40 HOURS WEEKLY BUT MY EMPLOYER GAVE ME 20 HOURS ( I WAS TOLD I CAN DO MORE IF I WANT ) WHICH IS FINE WITH ME.
QUESTION IS THAT IS IT OKAY TO WORK AND GET PAID BELOW WHAT IS REQUIRED ON THE SKILLED WORKER VISA BY THE UKVI.
Have you switched from tier4 to tier2 ?
That’s the only way he can work 40hrs and if you haven’t convert you are still on a student visa route
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by KangaIye: 6:26am On Jan 29, 2023
Benteazaa:
Abeg oo, can anyone recommend a reliable agency that I can use to get a care worker job

Favor health care service solution. If you are 8n Lagos DM they will be having a session around March this year

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Shanid(m): 6:30am On Jan 29, 2023
dee1504:

Hello,

One of the requirements of your Skilled Worker visa is that you have to be earning a minimum amount of money yearly (between £20,480 to £25,600 or 70-90% of these amounts if you meet the criteria). Not earning up to that amount of money is in breach of your visa conditions which COULD be a stumbling block when you're applying for ILR after 5 years.

I would advise that you work for the minimum number of hours that will enable you to earn up to that amount.

Check these links for more info:

https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/different-salary-requirements

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/your-job

Thank you so much, you understand the concern

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Mumf3: 10:13am On Jan 29, 2023
Good morning I want to do ielts for care support is it ukvi general or ukvi academic am suppose to choose please help
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by slimanyd: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2023
Mumf3:
Good morning I want to do ielts for care support is it ukvi general or ukvi academic am suppose to choose please help

Ukvi general training

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by IRIEBOY(m): 11:43am On Jan 29, 2023
Good noon guys.. Main applicant got his brp mail today(successful) but till now the dependant haven't gotten a reply,is it normal ?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2023
KangaIye:

Favor health care service solution. If you are 8n Lagos DM they will be having a session around March this year
Good morning, please can you me their website address or their contact link?. thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
Goodly1:

As an RN, you're at a far better advantage of getting COS without paying, because, I mean you're a qualified nurse. All you have to do is take your IELTS Academic & study hard to score the NMC required band 7. Then register & take CBT exam, pass it & start applying for registered nurse positions on NHS. You'd be surprised at how many hospitals that would be willing not just to offer you COS but to sponsor your relocation to the UK.
Thanks for your response.Both IELTS and CBT are passed already.So in Job hunting now.Please do you have link or contacts of Hospitals or Care homes that are recruiting foreign Nurses? or Agent that hire Nurse for job?.Am asking unbehalf of my wife.I hope to hear from you.thanks
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Wisdom7400(m): 2:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
Thanks for your response.Both IELTS and CBT are passed already.So in Job hunting now.Please do you have link or contacts of Hospitals or Care homes that are recruiting foreign Nurses? or Agent that hire Nurse for job?.Am asking unbehalf of my wife.I hope to hear from you.thanks

Try ann care home in northern Ireland. My sister works there...when they reply you, dm me for a referral name so that I can give u my sister's name. She is a registered nurse working with them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wisdom7400:

Try ann care home in northern Ireland. My sister works there...when they reply you, dm me for a referral name so that I can give u my sister's name. She is a registered nurse working with them.
I just visited their home page and they said that International recruitment is on hold for now,but you can send your CV.Please can I have your contact for further idea please? And is their any other organizations you know that she can apply that recruits overseas Nurse?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 4:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
I just visited their home page and they said that International recruitment is on hold for now,but you can send your CV.Please can I have your contact for further idea please? And is their any other organizations you know that she can apply that recruits overseas Nurse?

International recruitment for nurses is now harder due to Nigeria being placed in WHO Red list. Infact most of them have started asking for UK based applicant's. Just keep applying on the regulars; https://apps.trac.jobs/ https://www.jobs.nhs.uk uk.indeed.com

What's your wife specialty?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 4:15pm On Jan 29, 2023
luchel:
Okay. I came across Pierson on UKVI website. The result comes out within 48hours . I have registered for that one.
How did your pay for the pearson Test I have been using all the cards including master card. Its not going through. Below is the response i am getting

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by eliascomm55: 4:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
luchel:
Okay. I came across Pierson on UKVI website. The result comes out within 48hours . I have registered for that one.
check your mail
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Gbagura: 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
KangaIye:

Drop your contact
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dharmie02: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:

@Abubanty has captured one of the reasons. Truth is she should continue applying. Read job description and specification to draft her supporting info instead of just using one SI. I believe the more she apply, the higher the chance of interview invite. It will end in praise.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abubanty:

International recruitment for nurses is now harder due to Nigeria being placed in WHO Red list. Infact most of them have started asking for UK based applicant's. Just keep applying on the regulars; https://apps.trac.jobs/ https://www.jobs.nhs.uk uk.indeed.com

What's your wife specialty?
She have Diploma in Nursing and Bsc holder in Nursing too, With Specialty in Burns and Plaster.She work in Teaching hospital.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by ori777: 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Ibrahim505:
A colleague-aged 41 years old-who is a health care professional want to practice in the UK, but he is afraid he might be rejected by employers there on ground of age. Your suggestions needed please.

50 year olds get it. Hes not too old
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dharmie02:

@Abubanty has captured one of the reasons. Truth is she should continue applying. Read job description and specification to draft her supporting info instead of just using one SI. I believe the more she apply, the higher the chance of interview invite. It will end in praise.

and make dem add am to prayer point.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luchel: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
@Taolut please check your email .

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
She have Diploma in Nursing and Bsc holder in Nursing too, With Specialty in Burns and Plaster.She work in Teaching hospital.

Am guessing she did the Adult Nurse CBT. I read somewhere that with BNSc you can write Mental Health CBT. that means she has to reregister again using different email and follow Mental health path, which means you have to spend money again. You should probably research more on that.

There is a whole lot of International Mental health Nurse Positions available. But please do your own investigation.

My wife is a nurse too, and I know how difficult it is applying and getting so many unfortunate mails.

All in all dont give up and continue applying like your life depends on it.

1 Like

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dharmie02: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abubanty:

Am guessing she did the Adult Nurse CBT. I read somewhere that with BNSc you can write Mental Health CBT. that means she has to reregister again using different email and follow Mental health path, which means you have to spend money again. You should probably research more on that.

There is a whole lot of International Mental health Nurse Positions available. But please do your own investigation.

My wife is a nurse too, and I know how difficult it is applying and getting so many unfortunate mails.

All in all dont give up and continue applying like your life depends on it.

Exactly; like your life depends on it o. My husband got about 75unfortunate messages but aced his second and third interview, rejected some invites eventually. One thing that I know helped him was a group ppl in his profession formed. He saw two SI samples and he was able to write different ones based on person specification. We did all the applications together so I understand how depressing those unfortunate messages can be. In all, NEVER GIVE UP.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by pretty1986: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dharmie02:

Exactly; like your life depends on it o. My husband got about 75unfortunate messages but aced his second and third interview, rejected some invites eventually. One thing that I know helped him was a group ppl in his profession formed. He saw two SI samples and he was able to write different ones based on person specification. We did all the applications together so I understand how depressing those unfortunate messages can be. In all, NEVER GIVE UP.
please can you post one Sample here please?.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 7:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dharmie02:

75 unfortunate mails small. She had over 500 unfortunate mails. Done over 1k applications. She applies based on the PS of the job, given different ppl to review. Wo when God says it time then it's time. Some of her friends less than 10 applications, with supporting information that wasn't even even upto 20 sentences. One thing for sure don't give up.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Goodly1: 7:56pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/search_vacancy/?action=search;master_id=121049

Generally, NHS jobs.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dharmie02: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abubanty:

75 unfortunate mails small. She had over 500 unfortunate mails. Done over 1k applications. She applies based on the PS of the job, given different ppl to review. Wo when God says it time then it's time. Some of her friends less than 10 applications, with supporting information that wasn't even even upto 20 sentences. One thing for sure don't give up.

Hey God,
That's much o. I'm sending my hugs to her. I pray she receive her good news very soon.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Dharmie02: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
please can you post one Sample here please?.

Let me forward to your email. Pls note, my husband is not a nurse but in the health field. Let me know if you still need the samples
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Abubanty: 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dharmie02:

Hey God,
That's much o. I'm sending my hugs to her. I pray she receive her good news very soon.

Thank you. Appreciate it
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 8:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
pretty1986:
Ok thanks.This is it.You can forward it to me here please (udoyeifeanyi43@gmail.com).I hope to hear from you please.Thanks.

Sent

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (606) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.