Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25292 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by mikedanza(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yep. Collect 100k for him and decide to pay it off yourself. That's all. You can give them future assistance based on your income, no more no less. If not you'll end up struggling like your parents

Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
wunmi590:
tongue

Which kind of selfish attitude is that, God forbid, what if you get the loan and after handing the money to him and something happened to him, you will now be running from pillar to post to pay back loan you didnt spend a dime in....

If you can contribute 100k and hand it over to him do please

How I wish your parent could see this? Did you know that if you were sick, your parent will go all out and sell everything to have you back.

This is a clear sign that old age in Nigeria is in a mess.

Let the middle aged ones learnt from media like this one. These present children are something else. Protect your old age.

Do the little one you could do and protect your old age. What a sad topic

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
AdaAwka1:

Wat a world ooo. Imagine advice that he should break his sim. Papa we take money wey im for use drink shekpe and carry woman see u thru sch. Still bribe ontop for u, he is still asking questions. Mine is he should get half of the money as loan for him simple.

It's the new generation advice grin grin
Most of them sees nothing wrong with it sad

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
It seems someone has told him of one Ponzi scheme that if he invest with #500k he will reap #3million in 2 months.Or he want to stake 10odds and reap #5million.
Since he didn't tell you what he wanted to use the money for,just know it is something that will bring tears and sorrow at the end.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Originalsly: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hmmm.... took two loans ... both still hanging on his neck .... and he is demanding a third from you? ... to put on his head? Whatever he did for you... schooling and all that .. is what he's supposed to do as a father.... don't misinterpret it as a favour. When you become a father ... it will be your turn to meet the needs of your children. How will that be possible if you are now working .... but can barely cater for yourself? Isn't being pretty much being broke bad enough?.... how can you even start dating let alone thinking of raising a family with a N500k death on your head? If you can't see where your father's money was going then most likely it is thrown into gambling.... poured into alcohol .... or stuffed between the legs of women.

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by 2kurupt(m): 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
Simply tell him you too are not eligible to take a loan.

Personally if I receive a loan request that is too difficult for me to fulfill from a close friend or relative, I just dash them a fraction of the amount and tell them not to repay. Everybody is happy

Money is the easiest barrier to good friendship and relationship

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by jeph19(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Parents feeling entitled to their children's wealth.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against giving to parents. I do give when I can
But please do not collect loan for your Dad!
If you don't want to delay your own rising

If the previous loans he collected were productive, he wouldn't be needing another!

Emotions in place of logic always spoil things

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by anataala: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
My candid advise is to support your father, there’s nothing wrong for you to take the loan on behalf of your father. This is the man that investment so much on you to ensure he gave you education do you know how much he sacrifice for you. It might surprise you that even your education he use a loan to educate you. Please don’t turn your back on him when he needed you. If he default you pay that’s why you’re there for him. A very big blessing will touch you positively if you support your dad. You need no one advise to make your parents happy
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nelchuksmandela(m): 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
duro4chang:
Sorry, what has he been doing with all the loans he has been taking?

He has been doing his trading with it and early last year he got two Nigerian used shuttles with like 60 percent of d loan for transport business which turned out to be faulty, after spending heavily on them for repairs he’s later sold them as scrap
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by alsheex(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.

I don't know about anyone but as for me I would take a dept of the whole world for my dad if possible.... And even that could never repay back his sacrifices he made for me.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Arewalegend: 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Righteousness2:
If I was in your Shoes, I will not take the loan.
This mad fool is here... Preaching the wrong gospel, assuming him papa no send am go school him fit graduate get job...? Bros if U no they craze collect atleast 100k -150k the one U know U can pay ... But don't decline ur popcy he is ur demi-god

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by boom99(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
OYO
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Lamasta(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Break your sim card change location so that it will be hard to connect you buy a separate number to call on ur free space ur papa na witch... Case close
Doing this for a father that have being there for him from childhood till he gets to this stage of his life

Nelchuksmandela even if you find it difficult to secure the loan due to lack of trust for your dad just try and raise even if it is half of the money and give him to support his hustle abeg country hard make you no go dey do mumu interview for your dad when he needed financial help seriously

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by wunmi590(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
oldtruth:

How I wish your parent could see this? Did you know that if you were sick, your parent will go all out and sell everything to have you back.

This is a clear sign that old age in Nigeria is in a mess.

Let the middle aged ones learnt from media like this one. These present children are something else. Protect your old age.

Do the little one you could do and protect your old age. What a sad topic

You are just saying plain rubbish, and you think you are making sense, but pure nonsense...

I take care of my parent very well, once my salary entered despite the fact that they are still working, I wire 15k each to my dad and mum, shut up and learn from people and dont put yourself into future problem your kids would suffer for.....

Back to what lead to this: Didn't you hear where he said 75k salary is what he earned and he still sharing a house with a friend, untop 75k...

Transportation and feeding has finished most of the 75k, so what is left of the money again

He said his father has like 2 other loans his servicing, so tell me how he would pay back that loan, so because nah him papa, make him put himself into unnecessary pressure to make him happy, somebody that is still trying to find his ground...

Ogbeni commot for my mention angry

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by chatinent: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
On normal normal, I don't take loans in my behalf. How much more on others behalf.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ERockson: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
How much are you paying your father monthly to assist him despite his numerous debt. You are not a good son to have brought him to public forum when you have not tested him with your personal money. Give him what you can pay back even when he disaappoint you,he still deserves a second chance and third chance
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Taich(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Brother is called black tax, if you, take a 250k loan payable in one year, you and know that old man will default. Check if you can be paying 25k a month, give it to him as severance package. This shit is real. Cheers up, I pray that before you finish the loan, God will bless you with better hustling options.
Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Elidrisy20: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
There's no problem in collecting loan on his behalf, in islam you and what ever owned belongs to your dad, think of the sacrifice he made for you, which you can never pay him

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by koyyess: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
If you have money to give him, give but don't take that loan.

Everything your father did for you, he did by choice because he was the one who took the decision to bring you into this fvcked up world. You didn't ask for it and now, you are trying to survive.

Give him money but don't take that loan.

3 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
wunmi590:

You are just saying plain rubbish, and you finished most of the 75k, so what is left of the money again

He said his father has like 2 other loans his servicing, so tell me how he would pay back that loan, so because nah him papa, make him put himself into unnecessary pressure to make him happy, somebody that is still trying to find his ground...

Ogbeni commot for my mention angry

That's how vagabonds talk. A disgraceful child. You wired #15k to your parent. What a stupid liar. A fake kid instigating another kid to run away from his parent. Keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by brosom(m): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.
God bless u dear sis, look at how everyone is encouraging him not to do it, some even encouraged him to change his son card.. some people are naturally wicked, how can u even think of abandoning ur father when he most need u, like he said he's dad sponsored him through and even got scammed in the process for his own blood to be somebody, now e don reach ur turn, u come dey crack brain, na God go purnish u.

Nonsense..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by brosom(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
look at how everyone is encouraging him not to do it, some even encouraged him to change his son card.. some people are naturally wicked, how can u even think of abandoning ur father when he most need u, like he said he's dad sponsored him through and even got scammed in the process for his own blood to be somebody, now e don reach ur turn, u come dey crack brain, na God go purnish u.

Nonsense..
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Factsinred: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
Shame on all of you selfish brates... If it's a woman now he will find the money Sharp sharp... A man that has spent his entire life slaving for you to be somebody...
Let me tell you what I'll do- I'll make it a million so he can offset the other loans and have the 500k to trade with... Whether he can pay or not. As my way to say a little thank you for his love and support through the years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by SissyAda: 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
The funny thing here with all these comments is that if OP goes ahead to collect the loan for his dad and its chokes. All the good children to their parents that hav dropped their 'so called good comments' will not contribute any kobo for him. Op regardless of who is involved, It shud be mind over emotions. If he doesn't hv any substantial reason to giv to you or for u both to put heads together, don't do such to yourself, it will only end in premium tears

4 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by orikoku: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please, talk to him with kind heart, let him understand how things are for you too incase he default paying. My advice for you bro, if you can get like 100k just support him with, he will know you have try your best. One who have cater for you to this level, don't turn your back on him please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Richy4(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
jeph19:
Parents feeling entitled to their children's wealth.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against giving to parents. I do give when I can
But please do not collect loan for your Dad!
If you don't want to delay your own rising

If the previous loans he collected were productive, he wouldn't be needing another!

Emotions in place of logic always spoil things

You are right.. those parents shouldn't have sent him to school after secondary school because that's what they owe him... After all 18 years is seen as adult.. he should have trained himself as a young adult... Borrow money from one of Nigerian bank as a student loan and promise to payback after graduation...

And the parents would have used the money they spent on seeing him through school to look after themselves..is that not fair enough?
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Solatium(m): 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Guy,i will advise you to go for that loan but make it ₦300k but have it in mind that you will be the one to pay that loan.
He has sacrificed for you in the past,this is the time for you to pay back.
i beg you in the name of God,please bail him out

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by 1Alex: 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
he is your father, he raised you in all things according to you. If your salary can get you that loan, get it, call him and your other siblings,explain your financial position after taking the loan and the give the money to him. You have done what you can do in your capacity to help him. Then it is no longer your business what he does with money. Fate will remember your deed.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by SATANlST: 3:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
i saw revelation .
spits on op
spits on thread
leaves
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by ghettochild(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Dont take the loan...
Tell him u cant...if he like he shd report u to the Talibans...
Han han, ur papa wicked ooo..
Atleast u Warned him concerning the nupeng job.. he do agidi.
Forget say na ur papa...
Otherwise na u go pay all that loan finish ooo and this will further make the relationship btw u both work..
I remember one time like that I wanted to use 700k buy vanagon make my papa dey drive am...
Luckily or fortunately, the person wey I talk am for her presence na prophetess..
E say make I no buy am ooo..
Say my papa go mess n we go fight...
As e b say me I no wetin human being dey capable of when money dey their hand ooo..
I sha no buy am..
Maybe now I will still b holding on to a grudge...
If now I decide to buy him a car for transport..no qualms

But not that money of that time sha..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.