Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf (25294 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by lolaben(m): 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

I need your sincere advice on my present situation.
Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Please your advise on this will be helpful.
Thank you.

Let your dad know that your organization has given an instruction to all staff to henceforth desist from taking any loan, no matter how small or face the full wrath of the employer
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by MrFly(m): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
So u can't take a loan and service it if ur dad defaults? He got scammed cos of u and now ur acting funny

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by offshoreking: 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Children of failed generation, your father trained you in school, he gave you all the support you needed till you are who you are today, he did it because of love and also it is his joy that you succeed in life. Now you are doing well, you are here sounding like a prodigal Son. Look if I were you, I will save that money and give my father to bounce back on his business, look you are doing well already, take the loan and be paying it small small, if he pays fine if not is your duty to lift him up as well.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by wunmi590(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
oldtruth:

That's how vagabonds talk. A disgraceful child. You wired #15k to your parent. What a stupid liar. A fake kid instigating another kid to run away from his parent. Keep it up

That is how stupid you are and you have nobody to tell you....

Not everybody on nairaland are hungry like you and your generation..

30k is even small compare to what I used to send before COVID-19 came and took the job that pays me well away, before getting anothe......

Work hard, so that people who are doing great things would be a threat to your miserable life..

More than 10yeats I have been on nairaland, go through my record, I'm perfectly clean and I don't lie...

It shows you lack sense or you are dumb, if you like go and mortgage your future generation just to please people, nah your kids go suffer am, werey
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Mypeople2(m): 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Please ignore any grammatical error or punctuation. I’m the first son of my family, my father is an average Nigerian trader, he single handedly sponsored my schooling from nursery to higher institution.

After my service year, one of his friends scammed him of 300k in the name of they will get me a job in NUPENG before he paid that money I told him my pastor’s revelation about the NUPENG job, which my pastor said She does not like the job and shared ill references associated to the job with me and I told my dad when I got home, he countered and rebuked the revelation, he doesn’t take any of our advice, he finally fell for the scam.

To cut the long story short, I’m now working class that earn 75k monthly, however I’m still squatting with a friend and I’m still struggling to survive.

Recently I received a call from my dad, he told me he needs 500k for trading, that he wants me to take loan on his behalf he will be paying the debt once it’s due, since he is yet to complete the outstanding loan he took from the same bank, which is remaining 3 months to complete. I later discovered he had another debt he’s still servicing (Paying ) of a different bank that is remaining 6 months to complete.
After pondering over it i asked him; what if he defaults what will happen ? he shunned me and said why will I be negative and I politely told him my mind that I cannot help the current issue. Since then he started reporting me to my mum relatives to talk to in order to accept and collect the loan of 500k on his behalf.

Thank you.
Sir it will take you at least 8months for you to finish paying that debt if you dont eat .You salary is just hustling money and not really a big salary. Tell your father not to try that nonsense .Tell him you warned him earlier on but he refused to listened to him. Tell him when you have money, you will give to him to start something but he shouldn't borrow any money because you will not pay
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by samwillyco1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
Get a loan of 200k for him, he is your father and you said that he got scammed because he wanted to secure a good job for you. Do it for him if not for any other thing he is your father.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Zhirinovsky: 3:29pm On Sep 12, 2021
If you can, please help him and always help him and planning and managing the business in any way you can to ensure it grows profitable.

Your Dad took a loan to pay someone to get you a job in nupeng should let you know he will do more for you if he was in a better position. You have a loving father bro.

Most fathers could had used the 300k for thier business but he put you first.
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Irishrena1(f): 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Its very likely that 300k he was scammed of for your sake was money he loaned and it has accrued interest by now.

Prolly why he wants to use this method to get you to service the debt

Just do it for the sake of that 300k which was collected for your sake

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by lapo(m): 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

Get him the loan fast. But guide him.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Beedude(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
ghettochild:
Dont take the loan...
Tell him u cant...if he like he shd report u to the Talibans...
Han han, ur papa wicked ooo..
Atleast u Warned him concerning the nupeng job.. he do agidi.
Forget say na ur papa...
Otherwise na u go pay all that loan finish ooo and this will further make the relationship btw u both work..
I remember one time like that I wanted to use 700k buy vanagon make my papa dey drive am...
Luckily or fortunately, the person wey I talk am for her presence na prophetess..
E say make I no buy am ooo..
Say my papa go mess n we go fight...
As e b say me I no wetin human being dey capable of when money dey their hand ooo..
I sha no buy am..
Maybe now I will still b holding on to a grudge...
If now I decide to buy him a car for transport..no qualms

But not that money of that time sha..
You are a bastard. U wan turn your papa to driver make he dey deliver to u ?
Oh... A prophetess word now outweigh how u think about your parents ?
Dont disgrace yourself on a public forum like this just to get cheap likes please

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Ausval: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
You are so sensible ...May God bless you

How I wish I can get to meet you in real life
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by shegxy9(m): 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:
See, op. He's your dad. Also remember he got into debt because of you. He meant well for you and if not for how everything turned out badly, you'll prolly be doing a 6 digit job and living large by now. So consider him and do this.

Take a 100k loan. at least you can conviniently pay back in case he defaults. Just test him with that first and see how it goes. Don't just turn him down outrightly.

That's all.

Word!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:

He has been doing his trading with it and early last year he got two Nigerian used shuttles with like 60 percent of d loan for transport business which turned out to be faulty, after spending heavily on them for repairs he’s later sold them as scrap
Nobody will give you 200k loan on 75k. Tell him that and get him 150k instead
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Kimjongun: 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.

See wisdom ooo.
Wife material 50,000 yards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by VTJN(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
Op I swear you had a good father. A man who had the sense and go out of his way to secure a good FG job for his son. He really mean well for you seriously

Me wey dey here bro, i no see anybody make that can sacrifice for o. Not even for a meagre 50k job, talkmore of a FG job. Help him secure the loan, like 250k is ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
Your father wants to ruin your life, ignore him. What has he done with all the money collected?! Na by force?

Father that single handedly gave out 300k+ so his son would have a job. How many fathers will do that after training through school. Many fathers wouldn't do that.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by frozen70(f): 3:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

If he likes, let him report you to Angels, he us about initiating you to live the life of a debtor which he is already into

Assuming he doesn't pay back that money, who will pay it

Is it from your 75k that you can't save enough to rent a room apartment or from what

Tell him you don't mind saving 40k from your account every month to give him to support his business for a year

You are still young for what he is pushing you into

Let him report you to families, when they call you, go there and defend yourself

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
VTJN:
Op I swear you had a good father. A man who had the sense and go out of his way to secure a good FG job for his son. He really mean well for you seriously

Me wey dey here bro, i no see anybody make that can sacrifice for o. Not even for a meagre 50k job, talkmore of a FG job. Help him secure the loan, like 250k is ok

I'm telling you, na so so pray them they tell me to pray.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by sugarfrank(m): 3:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
Get him the gad dem loan my friend. If na babe you no go think am but na your father own you de reason the look for advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Be careful who you take advice from, there are some people whose father doesn't give a damn about them, therefore, use their father as a yardstick to judge yours.

Family is family, I can't turn my back against my immediate family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by rockinrobin: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
I am speaking from a similar experience, do not collect a loan for him. You can give him your own money but don't ever owe debt for him.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.
Don't do it. Tell him to get the loan himself and not make you a debtor. He has a bad credit record already. Stand firm and don't let him bully you.

What did he use the 2 loans for.
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Break your sim card change location so that it will be hard to connect you buy a separate number to call on ur free space ur papa na witch... Case close
Your dad might be a failure so I don't blame you for thinking all dads should be treated badly cos yours was a failure

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Buliwyf: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
offshoreking:
Children of failed generation, your father trained you in school, he gave you all the support you needed till you are who you are today, he did it because of love and also it is his joy that you succeed in life. Now you are doing well, you are here sounding like a prodigal Son. Look if I were you, I will save that money and give my father to bounce back on his business, look you are doing well already, take the loan and be paying it small small, if he pays fine if not is your duty to lift him up as well.

Stop guilt tripping children. They are not for you to start milking dry with any excuse. Africans should start realising that children are not your retirement fund. It is attitude like this that makes some irresponsible fathers give birth to too many children they can't train and just manage to train the first one and lay on him the responsibility for the others. African fathers should start having sense. Thank God my parents built themselves to be independent.

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Ashirioluwa: 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2021
If I were you I will look for ways to raise 300k to pay him back the money he lost while looking for job for you. The same man single handedly sponsor your education. You need to help him too
Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by MightyHand(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
May Almighty answer our calls at early age of our life. #500k is not too much to help our parent, their love and care for us is priceless.

However, in your capacity what can you offer him in this difficult time?
If you take loan of 200-300k, can you squeeze to payback from your monthly salary?
Which is possible from 75k...
NB: Good If he payback you collect it
Bad If he didn't payback, but your mind and work will be at peace...
#After all if he fall terribly sick you would take loan to rescue him#

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by AutoChick4U(f): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mercychen:

That's all.
He earns 75k and squats with a Frd!!!! Don't you people fvcking read and assimilate? Damn

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Newboss(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tell him no, outrightly.

As a man, you must have strong principles to protect yourself.

2 Likes

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by GistFullGround: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2021

Never give in to any blackmail; politely demand a concrete contract from him to sign & his landed property, if you are to agree to his request.

BE WISE!

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by updatedws: 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
na the borrow borrow wey bubu dey borrow land Nigeria for this mess.

ur father wants to mess up ur life. loan is very bad. I'm speaking from experience. it almost killed my mother.

ur earning 75k, that's no big money. u haven't arrived. ur father should allow u plan ur life and grow as a man if he means well for u.

if collect the loan today, he would come back in a few years time asking for 2 or 5million loan depending on the financial progress u'v made.

ur father is a serial debtor and he needs to stop. be a man and stop him

1 Like

Re: What My Dad Wanted Me To Do On His Behalf by Localordinary: 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
I would advise you not to collect any loan on anyone's behalf. Your salary can't pay back that 500k in 2years. Not even talk of the interest.

Nelchuksmandela:
Good day Niralanders,

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? / Reno Omokri: When Your Parents Compare You To Your Successful Mates, Do This...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.