Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. (31187 Views)

The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / My Wife Left The House Because I Confronted Her Mother / "My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by tonididdy(m): 12:59pm On Sep 16, 2021
Mom007:
Why did she leave Oga? You have not told us the real story. How many times did you batter her emotionally, maybe even physically because you can't handle your negative emotions? How many times did you transfer your self pity and negative aggression on her? A woman doesn't just leave because of missed 1 months feeding allowance. Be sincere with yourself and try to do better.
Lol your bf don beat you sotay no story is real to you any more.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Blackdisciple(m): 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm so people still dey give birth plenty well there are women who can't help at home they believe it's the man's duty to take care of the house but they never knew the house belongs to the both and she's one of them so take heart and make sure get a job and cater for your kids.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Vicas2000: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2021
Rubbiish:
As a man if u wan to know the true colour of a woman it is only through challenges, then her true self will show! Reason I will always place my mother above any other woman, a man's mother is only woman that will not abandon him when challenges comes. Forget all these I love u your wife dey talk, na because every where good, make small challenge come your side, then u will know no woman can ever love u more than your mom.

@ Olivertwist1985
Just focus on how to get job & the kids, forget about your wife for now, she won't change so long the money is not coming. Don't think it is only your wife o, 98% of women are like that. So she has not done something unusual.

My advice to the poster - Read the above 10 times. Ruminate on it.

Step 1 - Call her. Find out why she left. Don't beg. Don't even argue. Arrange and tell her to give you time and you will start taking care of the kids.

Step 2 - Go and look for a job. Do everything in your power to upskill yourself and search for a decent job. While doing that, take any temporary menial jobs you can get e.g. Uber (if you have a car). You need this to maintain soul and body.

Step 3 - Look at your house. If it's rented, the above temp job will help you pay for this until you bounce back. I won't advise you move houses right now as moving a house can be more expensive than staying where you are.

Step 4 - Reach out to ALL your contacts. See if they can help you get any job or at least give you some support. N5k here, 10k , 50k, 100k, 1 milla - there is better than nothing.

(Personally - I'd like to sow N10k into your life. Even if it's just for transport for one week only. I'll send you a private message to ask for your account number and pay the 10k to support).

Step 5 - Find someone you will confide in. You need it for your own mental health.

Step 6 - Hustle. Hustle. Hustle

When life shines on you again, here's my advise - Don't ever let your wife back into your life. Take care of your kids. let her retain the post of a baby mama. If you take her back, you just proved to her that she was right to leave you in the first instance.

I hope you will take this advice.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Angeldemon: 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga shut the hell up!!! What do you know about a family...? So because he's out of a job his wife and the innocent children should starve abi...? Nonsense. Instead you telling him to get his lazy ass up to scrap around and hustle like a man, you're encouraging him to fold his hands here on Nairaland by looking for sympathy from people of his calibre . Nonsense. Later you'll say you're a man . Tueh !!!

You are clearly a lazy disloyal entitled person who has had no experience in life.
You are one of those people that misuse bible verses to support their evil decisions.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
5 children?!

It's obvious you couple were looking for a female child which led to the 5th as a daughter (glory be to God).

As I like toto reach, my baby mama must agree with me that we ain't having more than 2 kids, no matter the gender.

However, plenty advices don grace ur thread already, pick the best u think can solve ur issues.

All I have to say is, don't chew more than u can gulp.

I hail u from here. ✌
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Hassanmaye(m): 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga shut the hell up!!! What do you know about a family...? So because he's out of a job his wife and the innocent children should starve abi...? Nonsense. Instead you telling him to get his lazy ass up to scrap around and hustle like a man, you're encouraging him to fold his hands here on Nairaland by looking for sympathy from people of his calibre . Nonsense. Later you'll say you're a man . Tueh !!!
Hahahhahahaha
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by evil1: 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Olivertwist1985:
My wife which we have been married for the past thirteen (13) years and have five(5) children, four boys and girl for me ,just left my house on Sunday to her parent house without informed me.

She left because we have little disagreement about monthly food allowance which I used to give her every month but I failed to give her this month when she requested for

She left with the girl which is six months old and a boy two years and left three boys for me.

Please I need your advice, should I go and beg her or I should forget about her and continue with my life. According to my family members, they said I should forget about her because of the manner she left.

I wouldn't believe this your story. Its incomplete.

What issues led to her moving out ?
Previous quarrels or issues ?
Have you ever left them to be in hunger ?
What's ur side of the story and her own side ?
There are lots of why and when and how questions yet to be answered?

One last thing, settle with her don't bring your family or hers or social media advice into it. You both should have a consensus. I tell you its the best solution.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Solatium(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2021
Olivertwist1985:
My wife which we have been married for the past thirteen (13) years and have five(5) children, four boys and girl for me ,just left my house on Sunday to her parent house without informed me.

She left because we have little disagreement about monthly food allowance which I used to give her every month but I failed to give her this month when she requested for

She left with the girl which is six months old and a boy two years and left three boys for me.

Please I need your advice, should I go and beg her or I should forget about her and continue with my life. According to my family members, they said I should forget about her because of the manner she left.

Having been married for 13 solid years and still coming online to ask for a solution to a straight forward issue means you have not been man all these while.
i am sorry to say sir,you don't deserve to be call a Man
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by DannyG8(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Hmmmm
say something madam
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by josite: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
My friend.why not focus your energy on getting another job .instead of this you should be advertising your CV and not this.

What if her staying on will constitute a distraction to you.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by CorperKola: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
Hello,

First, I don't support the way she left. Marriage should not be all honey and darling when the going is good.

You guys didn't have any outstanding issue apart from the money thing? No quarrel ...no beating?

If that's the case, I think you should call her mobile phone.

I think you should try to meet her and discuss issues together.

Crowdfunding for public advice may not be too good sha. Awon redpills are coming to tell you to take in another woman.

Wouldn't another woman leave too if it is unbearable?

You don't need to be a redpill. You need to be an alpha gentleman. You need to know your responsibilities as though they were your body parts.

I must say... I hate it when families know husband and wife are having an issue.

We shouldn't listen to our family sometimes.

Check: they are all concentrating on the woman but none of them is telling you be more responsible. Of course, they'll support you with words. Will words help you take care of your family?

When I mean trying your best, I mean living up to the expectations of being a man; it is your responsibility to take care of your family! You don't bear children more than you can take care of.

You may rightly argue differently that you work hard. Sure, you do. But you aren't working harder enough for the family. You need to man up.

Bring your wife back.

Be the husband you'd want your daughter to have.

Be like the man who was sent to the lions to be eaten but came back leading the pride.

Please don't forget to buzz me when she is back make I come chop nkwobi biko.

You are welcome.
Why will somebody have 5 children?? Eith one woman??
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by iceybux(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros, the bible clearly says a man who can't provide for his home is worst than an infidel(1Timothy 5:8.). Mr man , why are you not providing for your home and wife ? Can you see you're the one using your own hand to destroy your house ...? If your wife leaves you for greener pastures, she'll be justified because you can't provide for her and the children . So better go and beg her and start looking for a fvcking job !!!

This the most useless and senseless comment I think I have seen so far today...

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by princewarri1985: 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
You've been giving her monthly allowance for more than a decade fufilling your responsibility as a man, but now you could not do that again because things are hard, she decided to pack her things back to her parents home now that you needed her more, because a good sailor is know during rough seas, my brother let her go and dont allow her back to your house again because she is a bad wife, work hard and take care of your boys, one day he go better again and please dont go back to your volmit, make her father feed her, he non easy to feed person pikin
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by DannyG8(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2021
Rubbiish:
As a man if u wan to know the true colour of a woman it is only through challenges, then her true self will show! Reason I will always place my mother above any other woman, a man's mother is only woman that will not abandon him when challenges comes. Forget all these I love u your wife dey talk, na because every where good, make small challenge come your side, then u will know no woman can ever love u more than your mom.

@ Olivertwist1985
Just focus on how to get job & the kids, forget about your wife for now, she won't change so long the money is not coming. Don't think it is only your wife o, 98% of women are like that. So she has not done something unusual.
I love your comments
That why my mom always come first in anything I do

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Standing5(m): 1:47pm On Sep 16, 2021
Olivertwist1985:

The whole thing sounds like initial gra gra.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by frozen70(f): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2021
Olivertwist1985:

Pls use your head don't get deceived

I will advise you go and beg her to come back and two of you will sort your differences

You alone can't handle those children, even if you bring in your girl friend or mistress, it will get worst so far their mother is still alive

If you then wish, when you have money, you can send her packing since she wants to go in the first place

But bear in mind that there is more to this report

Every family have their own problems and even the so called men that will advise you not to go and beg her are going through more difficult moments with their wives at home but because of shame they have decided to bear the pains and ensure it

Go and reconcile with your wife then deal with her later, when you find your bearing. If you think she is a bad woman
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by shawante(m): 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
look at this nincompoop.. Am sure you are not even married yet and you are here making such insensitive statement.

Listen it is very normal for a man to have ups and downs in life. O.p just had a small issue of which am sure he's trying to remedy the situation and the wife just went away.

Come to think of it.. Why isn't the wife even working. So she is just idling away her time depending 100% on her husband. She must be very stupid.

She should also get her lazy ass up, get to work, and support her husband

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by adanny01(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros, the bible clearly says a man who can't provide for his home is worst than an infidel(1Timothy 5:8.). Mr man , why are you not providing for your home and wife ? Can you see you're the one using your own hand to destroy your house ...? If your wife leaves you for greener pastures, she'll be justified because you can't provide for her and the children . So better go and beg her and start looking for a fvcking job !!!

You are wrong on that Bible verse. No translation of the Bible used the word "can't". The words used are; does not - ESV/NKJV/NIV, fails - AMP, not - KJV, won't - NLT etc.

The AMP and NLT version used the best words to describe the context of the verse which you translated out of context.

Fail used in the verse is a verb and means

1. To be unsuccessful in achieving a goal

2. neglect to do a role

In the first meaning of fail, being unsuccessful in fulfilling your responsibility is not the reason the bible compares such a person to an infidel.

But the second one perfectly gives the context when you neglect to take care of your family. In this way, op has not neglected his family so he is definitely not an infidel.

Won't used by NLT signifies that the person made a choice not to care for his family, this kind of person is the one worst than an infidel.

So the word can't is a very bad word to use in any context of the verse.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Joecrane(f): 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:

I almost thought you are an animal. Anyway you may still be one.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by RodgersAkpafu: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2021
Richy4:

OP might be better than you in all ramifications... Assuming he didn't decide to wash his dirty laundry in public, who are u to call him lazy?

If being busy makes people rich, the wheelbarrow pushers would have been kings...

I will never get along with your type.. claiming religious but very dark at heart.. making Christianity look bad... Nonsense
You should know by now that a lot of these nairalanders are kids who have not seen life
You can tell from the way they talk.

When life throws spanner at you, and you pull l yourself out of it
You will have more insight and be more sympathetic to other men who are currently in the same mess.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Richy4(m): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

You should know by now that a lot of these nairalanders are kids who have not seen life
You can tell from the way they talk.

When life throws spanner at you, and you pull l yourself out of it
You will have more insight and be more sympathetic to other men who are currently in the same mess.

My brother, I know but sometimes, it was so irritating to read some of those nonsense you know..
The way he was just gunning for OP's head.. The man who was basically on a phase that some people go through in life, trying to worsen his situation... I couldn't just help myself to let him know what I thought of him..

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by onomej4u: 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:

1 Timothy 5:8 did not say a man that cannot provide for his house but anyone who cannot provide for his house

1 Like

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by RodgersAkpafu: 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2021
Richy4:

My brother, I know but sometimes, it was so irritating to read some of those nonsense you know..
The was he was just gunning for OP's head.. The man who was basically on a phase that some people go through in life, trying to worsen his situation... I couldn't just help myself to let him know what I thought of him..

I understand brother
Only those who have been in his shoes can relate
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by MummyD2020(f): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2021
Neddstark:

Nigga is a simp. If you leave cos of finances, he'll come back begging. That is a weak man. If every Nigerian soldier were like him Boko Haram would have conquered Abuja

Sorry i didnt read the trash u posted. But learn to widen the scope of ur knowledge to decipher different ways to understand simple statements. I dont have time for ur ignorance
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by jameel6: 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2021
It's rather sad how marriage ends when it's no longer Rossy like it use to be. My wife is free to go whenever she wants but don't take any of my kids with you, don't even think about it.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
jameel6:
It's rather sad how marriage ends when it's no longer Rossy like it use to be. My wife is free to go whenever she wants but don't take any of my kids with you, don't even think about it.
That attitude is one that surely helps end marriages. undecided
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Lokojatoofar: 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2021
I want to hear her own side of the story first.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by LutanFyah: 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
Hello,

First, I don't support the way she left. Marriage should not be all honey and darling when the going is good.

You guys didn't have any outstanding issue apart from the money thing? No quarrel ...no beating?

Crowdfunding for public advice may not be too good sha. Awon redpills are coming to tell you to take in another woman.

You don't need to be a redpill. You need to be an alpha gentleman. You need to know your responsibilities as though they were your body parts.

I must say... I hate it when families know husband and wife are having an issue.

Check: they are all concentrating on the woman but none of them is telling you be more responsible. Of course, they'll support you with words. Will words help you take care of your family?

When I mean trying your best, I mean living up to the expectations of being a man; it is your responsibility to take care of your family! You don't bear children more than you can take care of.

You may rightly argue differently that you work hard. Sure, you do. But you aren't working harder enough for the family. You need to man up.

Bring your wife back.

Be like the man who was sent to the lions to be eaten but came back leading the pride.

You are welcome.
This oozes of acute stupidity.

Marriage is for better and for worse. Nobody needs a fair weather partner. Stop dishing out stupid advice.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Omohena: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2021
chatinent:
Hello,

Bring your wife back.

You are welcome.
Good counsel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Heavance(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2021
Oladeji245:

weeree leleyii sha...
Hahahahahaahahhaahahahaha
I can imagine the kind of hatred she has inside.... This can't be a guy, at all.
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by Omoluabiii(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2021
Carry your family matter commot for here.... When you give her doggy, are we the one that taught you? Oga park well
Re: My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. by koyyess: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2021
Olivertwist1985:

Go and reconcile with your wife.

Avoid any mentally ret@rded red pill advice. Many of them are broke, ugly and 1mpotent. They can't keep any woman.

You have 5 children. You owe it to them to create a stable family environment.

Be a man and real family head. Lead by example and seek peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mourners At Man’s Burial In Enugu Confess To Killing Him With Juju / 9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Full Biography Of Late Access Bank CEO Herbert Wigwe, Wife, Children, Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.